The Australian Thread: Part Six

Rainbow Sky

Don't head off until 16 Jan, so am hoping the weather is nicer then!

We have 40 degrees here tomorrow, with possible blackouts as there is not enough electricity :shocked: Will have to head to a shopping centre if that happens.

And I have to go to Darwin next Monday and it is really hot and humid there at the moment :thumbdown:

Right, everyone get voting- we are lagging behind at the moment!!!

http://music.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=38186&showcomments=true

Icky weather!!

Well, I voted... I never seem to know about these things until someone else tells me (hmmm, am I surprised really? I didn't know about Mika till September or October...). Their page did weird things to my page. How many times a day can you vote? And could we enlist the help of people OS do you think? After all, I did it for them.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh but if shes a monster which is what mine is, 2 weeks is likely to have u bangin your head against a wall

oh and thanks

She's not a monster. She CAN talk under 20 feet of wet concrete, which does get a tad irritating...

OH, you missed two songs! My Ode to the Internet and Kelzy's revamped version of Love Today. I'll backtrack and see if I can find them...

You may (or may not) remember that one of the things I suggested for the Mika showbag was to change the lyrics to a classic Australian song like Waltzing Matilda. I know that we're not working on the showbag at present cos we don't know when he's coming, but I started coming up with lyrics for this, just cos they bubbled up in my head.

An Ode to the Internet (Alternative title: The Ballad of how I discovered Mika)

Once a jolly fangirl sat by her radio,

Bored with the dross that she did hear,

So she turned it off and went to check her MySpace

Will you come a searching with me my dear?

Chorus

Search the computer, search the computer,

Will you come and search the computer with me?

So she turned it off and went to check her MySpace

Wil you come and search the computer with me?

Page by page she traipses through the internet,

Then spots a pic of a guy so twee,

Who's this strange man who leaves his image as a comment?

Chorus

Checks out his MySpace then hops over to YouTube,

That's where she first hears Grace Kelly,

Follow up with Big Girl, Relax and Lollipop,

Chorus

Downloads clips, looks at pics and reads interviews,

Then she discovers the MFC,

Obsession takes hold and switches into overdrive

Chorus

Now, it's not finished, I need one or two more verses. I'd like the last one to have the line "And her ghost may be heard...." like in the original Waltzing Matilda. And each chorus follows the original in that the third line of each verse is the third line of the chorus immediately following that verse. I just wanted to see what people thought...

Oh, and yes, it's autobiographical. It is the story of how I discovered Mika.

I forgot to mention but it's probably obvious. This is sung to the tune of Waltzing Matilda.

This one is Kelzy and her neice, I believe.

Aunty Kelz and I just worked on this for a while..

Love Tuh Day :biggrin2:

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

(chorus)

Every Aussies gonna Love Tuh Day, gonna Love Tuh Day, gonna Love Tuh Day..

Every Aussies gonna Love Tuh Day, gonna Love Tuh Day

Cos you don't think I want to,

But I know I've got too

love Aussies, love Aussies, love love..........

I've been touring for so long

Meetin fans, sang the same old songs

But now, but now I'm on the plane

Hey Aussies can you come along

If you want you can bring your mother

Mikamites, I like to tease for fun

But I aint gonna tease you no longer

Gonna play in Wodonga

Every Aussies gonna Love Tuh Day, Love Tuh Day, Love Tuh Day..

Every Aussies gonna Love Tuh Day

Cos you don't think I want to,

But I know I've got too

love Aussies, love Aussies, love love..........

Gig at Wodonga is the cheapest on cheapest on cheapest on

Bring your mamma and poppa along, poppa along

Have a cuppa, poppa

While I pee, DVD, pee pee..

Chorus

Shazza sits by herself awhile

Give her a dollar and you'll make her smile

Poker, smoker, choker

Walk away

Guy dresses like a girl for fun

Asked me to be his lollipop lover

I replied "Mate just here for fun"

He looked around and he saw my Mother

Then he ran for cover

Chorus

Girl in the Loo putting Makeup on, Makeup on, Makeup on

Boyfriend left cos she took too long, took too long

Booger, ooger, looger (It's a filler like Mika does)

He had to pee, just like me, pee pee

Chorus

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie OZ

Aussie aussie aussie

Aussie aussie aussie

Aussie's Aussie's rule

Aussie's Aussie's rule

Aussie's Aussie's

(repeat with Chorus)

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie

OZ - OZ Aussie Aussie OZ

Aussie aussie aussie

Aussie aussie aussie

Aussie's Aussie's rule

Aussie's Aussie's rule

Aussie's Aussie's

She's not a monster. She CAN talk under 20 feet of wet concrete, which does get a tad irritating...

OH, you missed two songs! My Ode to the Internet and Kelzy's revamped version of Love Today. I'll backtrack and see if I can find them...

click the link in my siggy to see the one me and my niece did :naughty:

EDIT: Thanks CD :D

I sms'd her and told her it was a joke.. then I told her Mika and Cherisse were seen getting cosy in a London nightclub. Now Scut's been pretending to be a jealous GF of a guy Soy met on New years eve.. (nothing happened though - she's a good girl) :naughty: we're evil

u are evil, but i like evil oh my how funny

oh and the 2 new and improved songs could only be written by ppl in the aussie thread, good job...hilarious!

poor mika, i should right a song that warns him of the smells in all areas of wodonga (coz it smells so bad here all the time)

Lol!!

we go to Wodonga occasionally for holidays :naughty:

Goodnight to you and smelly Wodonga *waves and holds nose*

Actually, good night all, as I'm off to bed as well. Sweet Dreams.... Oh, forgot to mention. I finally saw my Mika DVD yesterday. Well, most of it. I have a question tho... The Big Girls clip is different to the one I downloaded from YouTube when I first heard about Mika. Is this all quite well known and I'm just not up with it or what? I mean, it's the same day's filming and all, but edited differently and with some different shots. I thought I was imagining it at first but I'm pretty sure I'm not as Cherisse is not in the one I got off YouTube and she is in the one on the DVD. Can someone enlighten me?

(I'll have to catch up with answers tomorrow.... G'night!)

Actually, good night all, as I'm off to bed as well. Sweet Dreams.... Oh, forgot to mention. I finally saw my Mika DVD yesterday. Well, most of it. I have a question tho... The Big Girls clip is different to the one I downloaded from YouTube when I first heard about Mika. Is this all quite well known and I'm just not up with it or what? I mean, it's the same day's filming and all, but edited differently and with some different shots. I thought I was imagining it at first but I'm pretty sure I'm not as Cherisse is not in the one I got off YouTube and she is in the one on the DVD. Can someone enlighten me?

(I'll have to catch up with answers tomorrow.... G'night!)

Yeah, there are 2 versions, the one you saw on youtube was the first version, which was on here well before it's release date (we like to think so our feedback could be given :naughty:) and the one on the video is the official ones (with some changes that were suggested in the thread about it :roftl::thumb_yello: ) really don't know if they listened to the comments that were made, but we can dream!!

Oh, this is a bit of a secret too (so hopefully she doesn't come in here) but we are petitioning to get Sarah_Loves_ Mika (who was my secret santa) onto X Factor (details below) When it gets to the paypal page just shut it.

Originally Posted by pinkunicorn123

Heya,

I was wondering if you might be interested in giving some support to Sarah_loves_mika by signing the following petition

Alot of mfcers have left some great comments here so i am grabbing everyone, because every little helps

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Sarah_McCluskey/

The link is a little bit tempremental so if its broken, let me know,

(If it tells you to donate, your signature has already been added, so there is no need)

I like the new banner pic except for the money...........it kinda says 'im rolling in it!'......but im glad the old one was changed. Oh and where on earth is Wodonga??? :blink:

Yeah, I agree- I hated the old one though so any pic is an improvement!

Wodonga is on the border of NSW and Vic, PO lives in Wodonga, and Sweet Dreams lives on the othe side of the border (the towns are right next to each other) in Albury

Right, I am still recovering from my cold and feel like crap so I am heading off to bed to read my book.

Night all, sweet dreams!

Goodnight Jols!! :biggrin2:

I have the bug too .. worse time to get sick is in summer... :thumbdown:

Goodnight Jols!!

I have the bug too .. worse time to get sick is in summer... :thumbdown:

I think I'm getting sick too.

Goodnight Jolene!

wonder who started it :sneaky2::biggrin2::naughty:

That's so funny that you posted that, I went to bed and thought exactly the same thing! Spreading germs through the MFC...:sneaky2::naughty:

How the hell can we all be sick when it hot enough to cook something in the sun? I was hoping I would wake up feeling better this morning, but now I have a nasty cough too :boxed:

Yeah, there are 2 versions, the one you saw on youtube was the first version, which was on here well before it's release date (we like to think so our feedback could be given :naughty:) and the one on the video is the official ones (with some changes that were suggested in the thread about it :roftl::thumb_yello: ) really don't know if they listened to the comments that were made, but we can dream!!

Oh, this is a bit of a secret too (so hopefully she doesn't come in here) but we are petitioning to get Sarah_Loves_ Mika (who was my secret santa) onto X Factor (details below) When it gets to the paypal page just shut it.

Originally Posted by pinkunicorn123

Heya,

I was wondering if you might be interested in giving some support to Sarah_loves_mika by signing the following petition

Alot of mfcers have left some great comments here so i am grabbing everyone, because every little helps

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Sarah_McCluskey/

The link is a little bit tempremental so if its broken, let me know,

(If it tells you to donate, your signature has already been added, so there is no need)

I did this last night. Sarah has a great voice, sounds a lot older than she is.