LICM Fan CD

Ioana

I'm on the start of the working of the accapella version of Any Other World. Actually..would any one like to work on a an accapella version of Billy Brown with me? Like a vocal jazz version?

could be fun!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on the start of the working of the accapella version of Any Other World. Actually..would any one like to work on a an accapella version of Billy Brown with me? Like a vocal jazz version?

could be fun!

define 'work on' :biggrin2: Billy Brown's ma man :mf_rosetinted:

define 'work on' :biggrin2: Billy Brown's ma man :mf_rosetinted:

well there is the main melody and then there could be a bass line like (doo doo doo doo-) sort of of doo-wop and then evolve the scat singing a bit.I've heard some great jazz choirs do good arrangments of things like Manhattan Transfer, the New York Voices for instance:)

something in this vein:))

@:Ioana

could you leave me out for "over my shoulder" please? i still didn't found a karaoke/instrumental version of it, and it's not much time left, so i'll only sing the other three songs (gk, relax, aow).

@all:

what about the idea we already were talking about in this thread: to give this fan-cd to mika&band as a little gift? i'd help could burning it, or make the cover or give it to mika or whatever is needed to do :)

@:Ioana

could you leave me out for "over my shoulder" please? i still didn't found a karaoke/instrumental version of it, and it's not much time left, so i'll only sing the other three songs (gk, relax, aow).

@all:

what about the idea we already were talking about in this thread: to give this fan-cd to mika&band as a little gift? i'd help could burning it, or make the cover or give it to mika or whatever is needed to do :)

Rose why not just do it acapella? Or ask Elanorelle to knock you up a backing? I'm just so curious to hear you do that song (not that that is a particularly good reason for you to do it if you don't want to but....I can only try:wink2: )

Actually, have we re-evaluated lately what the purpose of this is? If it's a gift for Mika and the band, we only need one copy and maybe we won't have any copyright issues, but if we were looking at making multiple copies and people would put their hand up and say "oh I'll buy a copy....", well, as soon as that happens, don't we have copyright issues?

Rose why not just do it acapella? Or ask Elanorelle to knock you up a backing? I'm just so curious to hear you do that song (not that that is a particularly good reason for you to do it if you don't want to but....I can only try:wink2: )

Actually, have we re-evaluated lately what the purpose of this is? If it's a gift for Mika and the band, we only need one copy and maybe we won't have any copyright issues, but if we were looking at making multiple copies and people would put their hand up and say "oh I'll buy a copy....", well, as soon as that happens, don't we have copyright issues?

ok i can sing the song a capella just for you if you like, but then not for the cd. for the cd i want to record it professional :)

uhm.. i thought to make the cd's for free for the people who took part, and maybe upload a file for the others who want it. but ok, maybe it's easier just to upload it.

ok i can sing the song a capella just for you if you like, but then not for the cd. for the cd i want to record it professional :)

uhm.. i thought to make the cd's for free for the people who took part, and maybe upload a file for the others who want it. but ok, maybe it's easier just to upload it.

I can get you the backing no problem!!! just have to remove the vocal from my eight track recorder:)

LOL everybody wants me to sing over my shoulder :roftl: btw it's not my favourite song.. anyway.

ok, that's very kind of you elanorelle if you could help me with an instrumental/backing. :) but no hurry, i'm just recording any other world these days.

chickadee please let me know if you want the low-version (tone pitch sounds like mika) or the "female voice"-version (sounds 1 octave higher).

LOL everybody wants me to sing over my shoulder :roftl: btw it's not my favourite song.. anyway.

ok, that's very kind of you elanorelle if you could help me with an instrumental/backing. :) but no hurry, i'm just recording any other world these days.

chickadee please let me know if you want the low-version (tone pitch sounds like mika) or the "female voice"-version (sounds 1 octave higher).

can i be cheeky and say both (if it's just for me)? :wink2:

I'm a bit disturbed now, with you saying you're wanting your recording to sound professional. I'm not a professional, I don't have access to anything professional, just me, in my home, with a mic and audacity (or whatever the heck it's called). I mean, I can hear myself breathing and stuff. Ah, never mind. I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I don't ever intend to be a singer professionally, so I don't think it's going to ruin my non-existent reputation. :mf_rosetinted:

Wow, Everyone sings so well !! :roftl:

I'd like to join if I can, but can someone tell me how to record songs, please ?

People are doing it in a bunch of different ways. Some of us have microphones and free software such as audacity. Some people are using camera's that have mics. Others have recording equipment. I'm not sure if anybody's used their phone, but that was also suggested somewhere as a way of doing it.

There's probably more ways that I just can't remember right now....

ohh people I'm not available now...so I can't record until february :(

please, I hope it's not late...

Elanorelle, do you have Happy Ending recorded? Could you send me the music? I can record it with the CD but I dunno if ti's gonna sound good...My experience with Your Simpathy was really weird...

And Rose, I'd love to hear you singing...as soon as you get the recording, please send it to me...thanks a lot in advance!