From Big Girl to Lollipop Girl, Mika's Fat Club

jemmalee

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm normally a competitive person, and I'd join your contest nikjass, except I'm not sure it will help me.

I like things measured concretely, and accurately, and similar to what Scut mentions, there are too many variables that can make it difficult to judge results fairly.

This weight loss goal is a constant struggle for me. I don't eat a lot of food in one sitting, but I do love to snack. Worse, I'm always around people celebrating something or other, and food is always involved. I'm eating a strawberry dipped in chocolate, that I took off my mom's birthday cake, as I post this. :thumbdown: And you can just imagine all the other food before this.

I start spin classes tomorrow and yoga/pilates on Thursday - wish me luck (that I get through the first 10 minutes of spinning without collapsing). I used to have a lot of endurance, because I ran almost everyday. From wear and tear, I developed shin splints, have worn down almost all the cartilage in my knees, and have ruined my ankles. So now after years after I've stopped running, and about 10 pounds heavier, I have finally made a decision to resort to alternative cardio workouts that don't involve impact to my leg joints. The pilates worries me because it involves your "core" which often means excercising abdominal muscles and I suck at it.

I just remembered that the last time I had a lot of motivation to lose weight, was the time I went swimsuit shopping. The image I saw in the mirror that day gave me so much determination.

*Suzy makes a mental note to visit "Bikini Village" soon...*

I'm normally a competitive person, and I'd join your contest nikjass, except I'm not sure it will help me.

I like things measured concretely, and accurately, and similar to what Scut mentions, there are too many variables that can make it difficult to judge results fairly.

This weight loss goal is a constant struggle for me. I don't eat a lot of food in one sitting, but I do love to snack. Worse, I'm always around people celebrating something or other, and food is always involved. I'm eating a strawberry dipped in chocolate, that I took off my mom's birthday cake, as I post this. :thumbdown: And you can just imagine all the other food before this.

I start spin classes tomorrow and yoga/pilates on Thursday - wish me luck (that I get through the first 10 minutes of spinning without collapsing). I used to have a lot of endurance, because I ran almost everyday. From wear and tear, I developed shin splints, have worn down almost all the cartilage in my knees, and have ruined my ankles. So now after years after I've stopped running, and about 10 pounds heavier, I have finally made a decision to resort to alternative cardio workouts that don't involve impact to my leg joints. The pilates worries me because it involves your "core" which often means excercising abdominal muscles and I suck at it.

I just remembered that the last time I had a lot of motivation to lose weight, was the time I went swimsuit shopping. The image I saw in the mirror that day gave me so much determination.

Ouch @ the injuries. A cross-trainer machine is less impact, and so is swimming actually - that's a really good whole body work out. Good luck with your new exercise plan.

I can't speak for your case of course but I think that 10 pounds is a pretty easy goal to achieve. I lost 10kg (22 pounds) before but then gained it back in the last year. When I added more to it on top over the summer, making me right now the heaviest I've ever been, I decided that I really need to get in gear again and work it off. Now if only I had the motivation to actually act upon it...

Ouch @ the injuries. A cross-trainer machine is less impact, and so is swimming actually - that's a really good whole body work out. Good luck with your new exercise plan.

I can't speak for your case of course but I think that 10 pounds is a pretty easy goal to achieve. I lost 10kg (22 pounds) before but then gained it back in the last year. When I added more to it on top over the summer, making me right now the heaviest I've ever been, I decided that I really need to get in gear again and work it off. Now if only I had the motivation to actually act upon it...

Thanks for wishing me luck. I so wish I could swim. I'm a little hydrophobic from a bad experience as a child. I have "learn to swim" as one of the things on my "Things I Need to Do Before I'm 30" list. My parents put me through years of swimming lessons without success. The last time I tried to learn again (in my early teens) I developed a crush on my swimming instructor and I could not concentrate. :thumbdown:

Well I'm the heaviest I've ever been too - not including pregnancy obviously.

I am looking for "motivation" as well...when I find it, I'll lend it to you.

Have you gone swimsuit shopping lately? :wink2:

No weight loss for me. Right now I am off my feet. I hurt my bad foot again and my doctor has me sitting at home. I can't walk on it at all. I have to use a wheelchair to do anything and even a walker to get into the wheelchair. I am so bored, but hopefully I only have 2 more weeks to go. I see the doctor Wednesday. Unfortunately, this has halted any exercise I get from work. Oh well, not much longer.

Thanks for wishing me luck. I so wish I could swim. I'm a little hydrophobic from a bad experience as a child. I have "learn to swim" as one of the things on my "Things I Need to Do Before I'm 30" list. My parents put me through years of swimming lessons without success. The last time I tried to learn again (in my early teens) I developed a crush on my swimming instructor and I could not concentrate. :thumbdown:

Well I'm the heaviest I've ever been too - not including pregnancy obviously.

I am looking for "motivation" as well...when I find it, I'll lend it to you.

Have you gone swimsuit shopping lately? :wink2:

Luckily you're not 30 yet, eh. :wink2:

I have gone swimsuit shopping lately, to find something to wear so I can use the sauna at the gym. It was more depressing really than motivating. I've never been in worse shape. That fact alone should motivate me yet I still don't really try. :boxed:

Thanks, pass some motivation on to me if you find it. I need it. :bleh:

No weight loss for me. Right now I am off my feet. I hurt my bad foot again and my doctor has me sitting at home. I can't walk on it at all. I have to use a wheelchair to do anything and even a walker to get into the wheelchair. I am so bored, but hopefully I only have 2 more weeks to go. I see the doctor Wednesday. Unfortunately, this has halted any exercise I get from work. Oh well, not much longer.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll be back on your feet again. Good luck. :thumb_yello:

I wish you luck with your new exercise regime!:thumb_yello: I agree it's so difficult to get motivated especially when you're married and happy and when you're surrounded with food all the time. *sigh* My husband's a chef and he doesn't stop feeding me.. and I can't stop eating cause his cooking taste too damn bloody good!:sneaky2: I really hope having ppl to do it with me properly and with prizes at the end will help. About evaluating, I think, i need to ask my dietician and gym instructor friends how is best to do it.

Awww.. sorry to hear about your foot. Hope it does get better soon.

Luckily you're not 30 yet, eh. :wink2:

I have gone swimsuit shopping lately, to find something to wear so I can use the sauna at the gym. It was more depressing really than motivating. I've never been in worse shape. That fact alone should motivate me yet I still don't really try. :boxed:

Thanks, pass some motivation on to me if you find it. I need it. :bleh:

So you are going to the gym and sauna... that's a start! I hope you get motivated soon... don't know what/how else I can help motivate you.

Thanks guys for the kind words. The doctor said it was slowly getting better, so that is a good thing. The bad thing is that my daughter has now got me addicted to WoW, World of Warcraft, a role playing game online. I play a lot since I am not supposed to walk. I fact I do that instead of reading like I would have done before. I am a bad, bad person. :roftl:

So you are going to the gym and sauna... that's a start! I hope you get motivated soon... don't know what/how else I can help motivate you.

I have a gym membership and I now have (ugly) bathers to go to the sauna with... but I've yet to do either. :boxed:

There's only so much that external motivation can do, motivation needs to come from myself. But that's the hard part: how do I motivate me? I'll let you know if I ever figure out how. :blink:

Thanks guys for the kind words. The doctor said it was slowly getting better, so that is a good thing. The bad thing is that my daughter has now got me addicted to WoW, World of Warcraft, a role playing game online. I play a lot since I am not supposed to walk. I fact I do that instead of reading like I would have done before. I am a bad, bad person. :roftl:

Computer games are too addictive, but then again MFC is very addictive too.. doesn't mean you're a bad person, lets just say you're easily persuaded :naughty:

I have a gym membership and I now have (ugly) bathers to go to the sauna with... but I've yet to do either. :boxed:

There's only so much that external motivation can do, motivation needs to come from myself. But that's the hard part: how do I motivate me? I'll let you know if I ever figure out how. :blink:

Yeah, give us a shout when you've figured that one out. I do hope this weight race will do it for me.

Hey guys

Sorry for avoiding this thread for so long - was feeling a little guilty at giving in.

BUT on a plus note, i hate returned to see how you all are and given that you are all stick giving this a good go, that and the fact that summer is on the horizon, i have decided to start up cycling again.

So if the weather is okay i should be cycling a good 10miles a week to begin with to get the juices flowing again (and to get used to remembering that any direction from my house is up a hill.

Hoorah for summer!

Hey guys

Sorry for avoiding this thread for so long - was feeling a little guilty at giving in.

BUT on a plus note, i hate returned to see how you all are and given that you are all stick giving this a good go, that and the fact that summer is on the horizon, i have decided to start up cycling again.

So if the weather is okay i should be cycling a good 10miles a week to begin with to get the juices flowing again (and to get used to remembering that any direction from my house is up a hill.

Hoorah for summer!

Cycling's great... I think I should start doing it too soon :thumb_yello:

I read somewhere of a diet strategy where you must take a photograph of the food that you eat. At the end of the day, you look at the pictures of everything you have consumed. What this exercise is supposed to achieve is give you better awareness of the calories you have taken in and which foods could or should have been avoided.

This only works if you are honest. Otherwise you are only cheating yourself.

I'm a snacker too, and that's means a lot of photos for me - especially because I also have to take my digital camera to work, to the coffee shop, the food court, dinner parties, etc. :blink:

But if I absolutely want or need to eat something, I can only allow myself to earn it (to eat it) if I take a photo.

I suppose this might not work on this forum because I can only imagine how much space this would take up, but even if you saved all the pictures on photobucket and monitor your own eating for 2 weeks, it might make a difference. This is very similar to the strategy of reducing spending when you itemize a list of everything you've spent your money on.

Hey guys

Hoorah for summer!

I'm the same:thumbdown:

I have been on my ass for weeks now writing essays and i feel so unfit !!!

However 6 weeks to go and i intend to walk the kids to school and get out on my cycle too! I need it i feel so unhealthy just now:thumbdown:

A friend has asked me to do Edinburgh to Glasgow pedalforscotland in September but i'll need to get very fit if i want to do that!!!:sneaky2:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, can I join? I walked to my local shop today and got two sneers (one from what used to be one of my good friends :sneaky2: ) and decided enough was enough. I always knew I was big, but I never really cared. Names hurt, but I always knew I'd be more sucessful in life than half the people calling me names. But I'm sick of it now. I tend to find that snacks are my weakness :blush-anim-cl: Anyway, I know the thread hasn't been bumped in a while, but may I? :biggrin2:

• 4 weeks later...

aw! becky! that is horrible. im on the curvier side, but i know kids who are 5 times as big as me! so i dont really care what people think of my body anyways, as long as im healthy. one kid wwas like "how much do you weigh?" so i told him and he was like "jesus! thats more than i do!" and i was like "it makes it easier to beat the sh*t out of you!:bleh:" and he was like ":mf_rosetinted:"

• 1 month later...

hello girls and guys its been such a long time. sory i have not been here but i have had a lot of bad times recently as some of you know about. regretfully i have had to put eating to the back of my mind andf i have to je point where i have not been eating for two to three days (stuart is going to kill me).

this is not good espically now i feel like i a forcing myself to eat and this i smaking me feel very very sick!!

but i am trying ot get back on track

so lets get this club up and runnng again xxxx

I have lost a stone recently. However that is due to illness, so I don't think that counts. Though I don't eat as much, not that it makes much difference atm anyway.

Still, I look better :D

I NEED to start working out again. It started getting too hot during the day for me to go to the gym. I didn't feel like dying haha.

But I had lost 4 pounds, went on vacation and gained those 4 back PLUS 5 more but I'm back down to my starting point. Oh well, I didn't have to do anything to lose those extra 5 so I won't complain. :naughty:

I had exams for the last month and didn't go to the gym and sat on my bum all day either studying or procrastinating. I gained back not only all of the weight I lost but more on top of that. :thumbdown: And now it's winter where everyone stays indoors and eats! :sneaky2: But I've decided that I'm going to draw the line: I have never weighed this much in my life so I'm going to do something about it. I don't know exactly yet what my plan of attack is but I'm going to make a plan within the next few days. :thumb_yello:

wish i was half determined!!:shocked:

i've gained more than i had lost....now it's a disaster, no one of my summer dresses fits me anymore....argh

i'm being examinated for this...too much weight with no apparent increase of food...maybe due to age!:thumbdown:

metabolism has reduced its pace...

and what blue sky pointed out in another thread is sadly true...being at a pc too many hours a day makes your bum grow bigger and bigger! never been so fat all my life!

time to quit mfc?

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

the gigs are coming!:biggrin2:

MIKA, the blame is ALL on YOU!

but oh well

he loves big girls, doesn't he :blink:

well i went o weight wathers with my mun and i have lost a pound ti s week!!

need to get back on it nad eat healthy!!

for the people who starve themselves do not do it !! as yiu can see frm my revious message i have and look it doesnt work is losing weight!!!!