The Australian Thread: Seventh Heaven

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And Ok'D,, lol at buying rollerblades and now a keyboard!!

But keyboards are good fun.. :thumb_yello: *hugs mine*

Can you read music?

Time for bed.. GN everyone!

I can read music. I can play clarient (but haven't touched it in ... 2 years). Although I am lazy and sort of ... forgot the note names over time, just knew the notes by the pictures.

Clarinet teacher: "Okay, so start again, from the C"

Me: "From where?"

Clarinet Teacher: "The second line, you dill. There's only one C in this song, even."

Me: "Yeah ... I knew that."

Keyboards are fun, I saw it, and it brought back memories of music class ... playing hot cross buns. And playing 'drums'. lol.

Rollerblades are fun! But I look like a fool in them, because I am uncoordinated. (And again, Target had them on sale. How I hate Target...)

Goodnight! :original:

In my opinion, it's not a good idea to label the keys with their note name because that can make a person lazy and make it easier to just read the letter on the key, instead of learning them by memory. But, don't listen to me. I shouldn't be telling you how to learn! :wink2

Pshhht, they look pretty and colourful now! :bleh:

But yes, giving (not necessarily writing on) each of you fingers a number works well. At least thats the first thing I learnt at eight years old! :naughty:

Oh good. Yeah the thing kept saying "Okay, put the 1 finger on the C and the 4 on the E, etc" and I'd be "1! 2, 3, 4!", hence the writing. Although, I think in hindsight, I shouldn't have done it with permanent marker ... I finally have a job interview tomorrow :bleh:

Oh good. Yeah the thing kept saying "Okay, put the 1 finger on the C and the 4 on the E, etc" and I'd be "1! 2, 3, 4!", hence the writing. Although, I think in hindsight, I shouldn't have done it with permanent marker ... I finally have a job interview tomorrow :bleh:

:naughty: Okay. Good luck with the job interview!

I'm going to bed. Goodnight!

:naughty: Sorry. Just thought I'd throw in a random 'Forest Gump' reference there.

Hee hee :original:

:naughty: Okay. Good luck with the job interview!

I'm going to bed. Goodnight!

Good night! Hmph, I should be off too I guess :bleh:

Hello fellow aussies, and freddie,

What's this talk of toasters? Uh oh ...

I made a horribly wasteful impulse buy today ... bought a keyboard from target. :bleh:

Ha ha! I've seen them in Target.... I saw them in Target about 2 days after I bought one from the Good Guys. This was before Christmas, I knew I was getting money for Christmas from my parents so I bought this for myself as an early Christmas present. I've been having so much fun with mine. Yeah, some stuff about it sucks (like not having decent instructions so I don't know how to record stuff on it, for instance) and it certainly doesn't sound anywhere near as good as a proper piano, and if I try and play Mika songs on it the whole thing shakes (cos he writes lots of banging chords, even if I'm trying to play it gently, it's just not very strong). But sooooo much fun. *hugs her keyboard too*

Because I say it does? :blink::naughty:

Ladies, if you're interested, there is a now a Would you like that toasted? Thread

Toast now.... Wonders will never cease.

I can read music. I can play clarient (but haven't touched it in ... 2 years). Although I am lazy and sort of ... forgot the note names over time, just knew the notes by the pictures.

Clarinet Teacher: "The second line, you dill. There's only one C in this song, even."

Keyboards are fun, I saw it, and it brought back memories of music class ... playing hot cross buns. And playing 'drums'. lol.

Rollerblades are fun! But I look like a fool in them, because I am uncoordinated. (And again, Target had them on sale. How I hate Target...)

Goodnight! :original:

Pshhht, they look pretty and colourful now! :bleh:

Thankfully I already know how to play piano, but I also bought myself a "teach yourself to play guitar" thing, with a book and video. Now I just need to lay my hands on a guitar. There are actually two sitting at my parents house doing nothing (one acoustic, one electric), only prob is, I'm in Canberra, they're in Perth, so I'm thinking of asking them to ship them over here as my birthday present (after I ask my sister if that's ok as they are hers, but she lives in Canada now and has no use for them).

I made my own cupcakes today - with a custard centre - and I don't need your poison-laced cookies

*runs*

Yummy!!!

P.S. The Devil has manifested himself in the form of blue jellybeans.

You don't say? When did you make this discovery?

Hi, Aussies.

I'm leaving today. Bags are packed, only the laptop left. Goodbyes said. :tears:

Hang in there, Scutty. You know we're all always here if you need to talk. Well, on msn, anyways.

*giggles at how's it hanging*

I'm unsure if that was dirty, but my filthy american mind interpreted it as very interesting.:naughty:

*blames Lollipop Monkey* she was the one who bought up toasters in the first place. I was only the one who made them a euphemism for chicken

Toast! Brilliant!

Soy, why does the euphemism for sex need a euphemism?

Because Soy said so? (I swear, I thought this before I even read the next post.)

Because I say it does?

See?:naughty:

I play the clarinet too!! *gets nostalgic*

Yes, Target is an evil establishment. Curse them all.

I love random Forrest Gump quotes. :punk:

Jenny and me was like peas and carrots.

:thumb_yello: Life with you aussies is like a box of chocolates.:wub2:

I love random Forrest Gump quotes. :punk:

Jenny and me was like peas and carrots.

oh yes that quote is up there with this list

jenny..will u marry me jenny (pronounced jennay)

run forest run

jenny jenny or microwave jenny

and haha jenny craig

yes my real name is jenny and yes i hear these quotes all the time, now when i get the "jenny will u marry me jenny" i just ask "is it coz we are like peas and carrots?"

Well I am back in the land of the rising sun, unfortunately not as hot as the 41 degrees in Melbourne I left behind...but at least it's sunny.

I am hooked on the Veronicas song Untouched. I need a Mika to do something to get it out of my head...

Oh and I would like to celebrate the 2500th post on MFC right here with my Aussie mates, when you all get back inside for a cool drink:roftl:

Well I am back in the land of the rising sun, unfortunately not as hot as the 41 degrees in Melbourne I left behind...but at least it's sunny.

I am hooked on the Veronicas song Untouched. I need a Mika to do something to get it out of my head...

Oh and I would like to celebrate the 2500th post on MFC right here with my Aussie mates, when you all get back inside for a cool drink:roftl:

Hey Blue Sky. welcome back and congrats on 2500 posts.

I'm currently inside, avoiding the heat, and the computer seems a good thing to have near while doing this :naughty:

Ha ha! I've seen them in Target.... I saw them in Target about 2 days after I bought one from the Good Guys. This was before Christmas, I knew I was getting money for Christmas from my parents so I bought this for myself as an early Christmas present. I've been having so much fun with mine. Yeah, some stuff about it sucks (like not having decent instructions so I don't know how to record stuff on it, for instance) and it certainly doesn't sound anywhere near as good as a proper piano, and if I try and play Mika songs on it the whole thing shakes (cos he writes lots of banging chords, even if I'm trying to play it gently, it's just not very strong). But sooooo much fun. *hugs her keyboard too*

Thankfully I already know how to play piano, but I also bought myself a "teach yourself to play guitar" thing, with a book and video. Now I just need to lay my hands on a guitar. There are actually two sitting at my parents house doing nothing (one acoustic, one electric), only prob is, I'm in Canberra, they're in Perth, so I'm thinking of asking them to ship them over here as my birthday present (after I ask my sister if that's ok as they are hers, but she lives in Canada now and has no use for them).

You can play Mika songs! Damn ... I can get there, someday. It shakes? Mine didn't come with a stand (even though I'm almost certain it said in the advert that it would, so I'm going back today to check - I want my stand!) so I just have it taking up half the dining room table :naughty:

Lol, my friend at the same time bought a "teach yourelf to play drums" book and dvd (from target), even though she doesn't have any drums. I have also thought of asking my brother if I can have his unused bass guitar ... but I should probably stick to one instrument at a time :bleh:

I play the clarinet too!! *gets nostalgic*

Yes, Target is an evil establishment. Curse them all.

Yay! Clarinetists unite! :punk:

Lol, I tried to play it the other day, but my dog made a fuss when ever I played high notes, so I stopped. I didn't realise I sounded that bad. :bleh:

Stupid Target and their stupid sales on stupid unnecesary items. I once bought a raincoat for my dog from their too. He demolished it in 3 seconds flat. Something I could have easily predicted if they hadn't blinded me with their "DOG JACKETS! 50% OFF!" signs...

Last post. Ttyl when I reach the same timezone (or at an internet cafe on the way if I'm bored). Ciao!

Ooh, exciting. Hope you don't crash! lol. :plane:

oh yes that quote is up there with this list

jenny..will u marry me jenny (pronounced jennay)

run forest run

jenny jenny or microwave jenny

and haha jenny craig

yes my real name is jenny and yes i hear these quotes all the time, now when i get the "jenny will u marry me jenny" i just ask "is it coz we are like peas and carrots?"

Lol! How often does that happen?

Haha, now I can just imagine someone asking you seriously.

Prospective fiance: "Jenny will you marry me Jenny?"

You: "Is it coz we are like peas and carrots?"

Prospective fiance: "Uh ... I guess. Is that a yes ... or? ... what?"

I was up while it was still morning this morning (however it was before I came into the aussie thread, so I guess theres little proof)

Afternoon all

I was also up pre-noon!

*grumbles about telemarketers ringing and forcing her to stumble out of bed and to the phone*

Oh and I would like to celebrate the 2500th post on MFC right here with my Aussie mates, when you all get back inside for a cool drink

Heyy, I have a friend who is fighting the same unreasonable instrument urge, but for a violin, and it is a result of being hooked on that song.

*hums strings part*

"dun-dun-dun-dun-dunn dun-dun-dun-dunn dun-dun-dun-dun-dunn dun-dun-dun"

Happy 2500th post! :yay::groupwave:

well its fairly likely i would have the response if i was proposed to, i have been engaged before and i told the guy no and then slapped him and was like "yes, duh!!" so the peas and carrots question in response is fairly likely

tho if this bf EVER actually wants it in writing, he would love that response.

as for the question how often do i get"jenny will u marry me" i get at least 2 jenny jokes a day, i get jenny ren lots 2

I was up before midday today as well! But I don't have much proof either.

But I had a dentist appointment at 10am, so I promise that I was awake for that!

I'll be up before midday tomorrow, because I work at 8am. Don't get home until midday though, so no proof again