The Australian Thread: Seventh Heaven

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes he would've died :naughty: stupid Tikki tikki tembo-no brain rembo..

*bows and accepts flowers* :mf_rosetinted:

It is rather morbid!!

I remember the fun as a kid was saying the name.. cos it was a tongue twister.. and that hid the morbid tone..

It is rather morbid!!

I remember the fun as a kid was saying the name.. cos it was a tongue twister.. and that hid the morbid tone..

Morbid story writers..

But then, not nearly as morbid as a disney movie.

And I wouldn't even try to pronounce his name :naughty:

It is rather morbid!!

Thanks for posting all of that Kelz! I will have to go back and read it all properly in the morning, I (yay!) have succeeded in having a pissy night out with my friends, we all came back to my place to get stuck into the Bailey's and Frangelico. Everyone has left now, and Kenzie has finally gone to sleep so I am off to bed too.

Night all!

LOL! you found a close up.. that's cute... what are you holding? yellow bus?[/Quote]

I'm not too sure, some kind of vehicle anyway.

Oh.... yes, on behalf of everyone. We cant have someone come on after you've left and not have the full story to read....

Didn't they learn their lesson? What happens next?

(I love how mouth to mouth is described there)

I thank you for asking. :thumb_yello:

As for me, I want to go purple. Mum currently thinks that I'm going to go dark purple and is fine with it, but I haven't told her I'm going to dye it dark blonde first then purple so the purple will be brighter.

EDIT: it's dye, not die. *MSN slaps self*

What kind of purple are we talking here? It's always been my life dream to dye my hair a crazy colour ... but I also have a bit of a hair-dye-phobia. I think it has to do with the fact that it's a homophone for 'die'. Why would I want to die my hair?

Hello Aussies!

I would upload a baby photo but I don't know how to work the scanner. I'm quite pleased with my current avatar anyway.. :wub2:

Oh. My. God.

That used to be my favourite book when I was a kid too!!!

You can take a photo of the photo with a digital camera, the photos looked better than the scans for me.

How has everyone had this weird book?! :blink:

Would you like more too?

at Bec's request, here's the rest (rhymes)

Poor little Chang was frightened. How could he say that great long name again?

"Please, Old Man With The Ladder, please help my brother out of the cold well."

"So," said the Old Man With The Ladder, "your mother's "Precious Pearl" has fallen into the well!"

The Old Man With The Ladder hurried as fast as his old legs could carry him. Step over Step, step over step he went into the well, and step over step, step over step out of the well with the little boy in his arms. Then he pumped the water out of him and pushed the air into him, and pumped the water out of him and pushed the air into him.

But little Tikki tikki tembo-no sa rembo-chari bari ruchi-pip peri pembo had been in the water so long, all because of his great long name, that the moon rose many times before he was quite the same again.

And from that day to this the Chinese have always thought it wise to give all their children little, short names instead of great long names..

The End

And that concludes are bedtime story for tonight..

Tikki Tikki Tembo by Arlene Mosel :naughty::blush-anim-cl:

W-what? That is a pretty weird story. Is the moral to not have a long name, because you'll die? :blink:

I just watched some movie about surfing, whilst starting to make one of those chickens from some thread about making chickens. I now want to learn to surf.

Paul and Flacco would be pretty good. I never did believe in Paul and Mikey, and Joanna Griggs just wasn't in it...

If you want access to a Canberra accoustic guitar Chickadee, I have 2 you could choose from..

Oooooh! Yes please Mouselle!! *kneels down in worship*

begin rant

the following are all the reasons why today sucked!

1. i cant get my bedroom to be any cooler than 31.5 degrees at the moment , i can handle it as high as 28 degrees all nite but that few extra degrees makes it yukky. so bad nites sleep for me

2. i used to always look forward to fridays coz id get to work with my friend bri who only worked fri, sat, sun so friday would be the first day of the wk id get to work with her...but she moved to sydney at start of yr, and now it sux! and she sux!

3. all the sutpid old bags hate me coz i get more responsibility than them and coz the bosses like me, and everytime i looked up they were whispering bout me

4. i work in a great big bloody shed with coolrooms and an open shop front with some form of aircon(if u could call it that)

5. our cooling was working so hard today it blew a fuse and all but 3 register died and the eftpos died, and i had to do eftpos with the manual ching ching machine

6. when the fuse blew we had to power the shop with a generator, so not everything worked, food had to be taken and put in coolrooms that werent actually cooling in the hope it would stay cold enough, the milk fridge had a "cooling" temp of 17.5 degrees(which really means we will be throwing all the milk out 2moz ) and the back fridge that holds the fancy stuff like herbs shouldnt get over 12 degrees and it was 27 degrees :shocked:

7. i gotta go and suffer the hate all day tomorrow and sunday blurgh

end rant

Where do you work? i thought you were doing beauty thereapy? I don't understand how that involves a big shed and coolrooms??:blink:

I was blonde until I turned 12.. since then it's been hard to tell what my natural hair colour is

COLOR=#4b0082]Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, it was custom of all the fathers and mothers in China to give their first and honoured sons great long names. But second sons were given hardly any name at all. [/color]

In a small mountain village there lived a mother who had two little sons. Her second son she called Chang, which meant "little or nothing." But her first and honoured son, she called Tikki tikki tembo-no sa rembo-chari bari ruchi-pip peri pembo, which meant "the most wonderful thing in the whole wide world!" :roftl:

I was a sandy blonde as a kid and got darker as I got older...don't remember when. I don't have any baby pics:crybaby: as they are all in Perth...

I remember my sister having this book when we were kids...

Morbid story writers..

But then, not nearly as morbid as a disney movie.

And I wouldn't even try to pronounce his name :naughty:

That was the whole fun!! From memory i think we stressed every third name ie tikki tikki tembo no sa rembo chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo.

Thanks for posting all of that Kelz! I will have to go back and read it all properly in the morning, I (yay!) have succeeded in having a pissy night out with my friends, we all came back to my place to get stuck into the Bailey's and Frangelico. Everyone has left now, and Kenzie has finally gone to sleep so I am off to bed too.

Night all!

It must have been the night for it. Hubby and I went to bed after watching 50 First Dates and little miss nearly 3 was still awake and it was after 11pm. Then I woke up at 3:45am and wasn't able to get back to sleep so got up after an hour and went and did ironing for a while (aren't I good) until I got too hungry.

Lol, I was just about to call it a night (or morning, whatever), and then I noticed I had 199 posts!

:yay: Happy 200th post, me! :bleh:

Well done!

I must go to bed as well. I've got work tomorrow at 10:45am (weird time to start, isn't it?)

Goodnight!

nope not that weird, big w do times like that so that the shifts overlap, so someone starts and opens a register before the next person closes and either goes to lunch or goes home (more places should do that)

Where do you work? i thought you were doing beauty thereapy? I don't understand how that involves a big shed and coolrooms??:blink:

im still studying beauty therapy (finish in april tho) but i work at a fruit and veg shop to pay the 12000 bux that my course costs

Oooooh! Yes please Mouselle!! *kneels down in worship*

ok, ok, no worship required! I've sent you a PM.

I have no baby photos, so will have to stay with my usual pic. The earliest I have is one from aged 12, very tiny and black and white, which an uncle gave me last year, and then from about 15 yo. My parents had a house fire after I left home, but before I got copies of family snaps!

I don't much mind, cos I live in 'now' not 'then'. Which probably explains why I did not already have photos before I left home.

nope not that weird, big w do times like that so that the shifts overlap, so someone starts and opens a register before the next person closes and either goes to lunch or goes home (more places should do that)

im still studying beauty therapy (finish in april tho) but i work at a fruit and veg shop to pay the 12000 bux that my course costs

:doh: I did know that... I'm sure i knew that and just forgot...

I have no baby photos, so will have to stay with my usual pic. The earliest I have is one from aged 12, very tiny and black and white, which an uncle gave me last year, and then from about 15 yo. My parents had a house fire after I left home, but before I got copies of family snaps!

I don't much mind, cos I live in 'now' not 'then'. Which probably explains why I did not already have photos before I left home.

Oh no, that would be horrible.

*goes to copy baby photos*

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh babies, babies everywhere!!!! :blink:

I was just asked where mine is... I said everyone has done "cute", and I don't do cute. I do thpethaaaaaaaaaal. :naughty:

Awwww, babies are cute by default, come on, join the trend.

:bleh:

12.00, damn, just didn't make it.

Night all!

Bloody alco!!!

I was just asked where mine is... I said everyone has done "cute", and I don't do cute. I do thpethaaaaaaaaaal. :naughty:

Well then... where's your thpethial pic???

Lol, I was just about to call it a night (or morning, whatever), and then I noticed I had 199 posts!

:yay: Happy 200th post, me! :bleh:

Congratulations

Well then do a thepthial pic :wink2:

12.00, damn, just didn't make it.

2.01 (my time), definately didn't make it.

I was awake at 11, when dad asked if I was coming to an uncles lunch, but I mumbled I had work, then went back to sleep. Then woke at 12.35, decided sleep was still better, until I woke at around 1.15. And then it was the thought that I had only 4 hours to enjoy before work that woke me. Man I'm a slacker

2.01 (my time), definately didn't make it.

I was awake at 11, when dad asked if I was coming to an uncles lunch, but I mumbled I had work, then went back to sleep. Then woke at 12.35, decided sleep was still better, until I woke at around 1.15. And then it was the thought that I had only 4 hours to enjoy before work that woke me. Man I'm a slacker

LOL! Oh that is so like me. The thing that woke me is that I can't wait to get back to finishing my chicken, he is gonna be so cute. And my brother was swearing loudly at his computer (and still is).

It's worse when you do this before school.

Night before: "Okay, so I want to go and finish that assingment in the library before class, so I'll set my alarm for 6.30" *sets alarm for 6.30*

6.30 am: "Aww, I don't need a shower today" *snooze*

6.40 am: "Psht, who needs breakfast?" *snooze*

6.50 am: "Whatever, I didn't neeed, to go to the library, I'll just take the next bus" *resets alarm for 7.30*

7.30 am: "Pff, I don't need a shower today" *snooze*

7.40 am: "Breakfast? I'll just buy something when I get there." *snooze*

7.50 am: " Okay, so first class isn't that important, I'd get more out of my day if I just started at second class." *resets alarm for 8.30*

8.30 am: "Woah, gotta get up!" *turns off alarm*

2.30 pm: "****! I should NOT have turned off my alarm. Oh well, only two classes left, not really worth the effort." *goes back to sleep*

:roftl:

Hiya Aussies. Despite not going to sleep until 4am (hi, Kelz :sneaky2: ) I got up at 6am and went to the gym then for a swim at my ex's (gotta work off that holiday fat :boxed:). Then spent the morning looking for baby pics instead of studying for my exams. :fisch:

I found some, they're not the best but they're ok. One of my photo albums is definitely missing, the ones with my studio shots. :sad: Anyway, I'll scan the ones I found sometime before next Sunday, I need to find time to sit down with my scanner manual and figure out how to work it. :blink:

LOL! Oh that is so like me. The thing that woke me is that I can't wait to get back to finishing my chicken, he is gonna be so cute. And my brother was swearing loudly at his computer (and still is).

It's worse when you do this before school.

Night before: "Okay, so I want to go and finish that assingment in the library before class, so I'll set my alarm for 6.30" *sets alarm for 6.30*

6.30 am: "Aww, I don't need a shower today" *snooze*

6.40 am: "Psht, who needs breakfast?" *snooze*

6.50 am: "Whatever, I didn't neeed, to go to the library, I'll just take the next bus" *resets alarm for 7.30*

7.30 am: "Pff, I don't need a shower today" *snooze*

7.40 am: "Breakfast? I'll just buy something when I get there." *snooze*

7.50 am: " Okay, so first class isn't that important, I'd get more out of my day if I just started at second class." *resets alarm for 8.30*

8.30 am: "Woah, gotta get up!" *turns off alarm*

2.30 pm: "****! I should NOT have turned off my alarm. Oh well, only two classes left, not really worth the effort." *goes back to sleep*

:roftl:

That sounds like me.... my alarm goes off so many times before i get up, and each time I convince myself I don't need to get up.

And then, usually I get up at the exact minute I planned to leave, throw on clothes, and grab some toast and head to uni :naughty:

I'm stuck here listening to crap music on the radio cause there's a competition on the radio for either Mika's DVD or CD... I have both but I still wanna win...

Pink is crap... I mean really crap... (take a wild guess at who's on now...)

Is it .... Maroon 5? ... the Veronicas?

No, wait, let me try again ... Pink?

Lol, that's a little sad actually. Don't want to let the Mika love spread?

(says the person who is terrified of talking to strangers on the phone, so would never win a radio competition in her life)

That sounds like me.... my alarm goes off so many times before i get up, and each time I convince myself I don't need to get up.

And then, usually I get up at the exact minute I planned to leave, throw on clothes, and grab some toast and head to uni :naughty:

OG, that's the story of my life. 8.30am lectures 4 days a week when I live 1.5 hours away? I never make it to a single one. I invariably rock up at 9.30am with a mismatched outfit and a coffee in hand.