Mika's *SORRY* - Hammersmith cancellation - Phone Call

Sivan

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, that's pretty obvious. :naughty:

I've just been learning some things that really aren't any of my business.

ok

don't want to sound judgemental (because I don't know what you are referring to) but I think that's a big trap with internet.

People tend to tell things because it's "not real" and they can just write things down without having to show their faces.

But anyway, don't want to be involved in things that I don't know the story behind

No, that's pretty obvious. :naughty:

I've just been learning some things that really aren't any of my business.

But if people have been telling you things, is it because they think they can trust you with the information? That is really the only reason I might tell someone else.

ok

don't want to sound judgemental (because I don't know what you are referring to) but I think that's a big trap with internet.

People tend to tell things because it's "not real" and they can just write things down without having to show their faces.

But anyway, don't want to be involved in things that I don't know the story behind

I agree, also the big trap with the internet is that if you are persistant enough, you can find out all kinds of things.

But if people have been telling you things, is it because they think they can trust you with the information? That is really the only reason I might tell someone else.

I agree, also the big trap with the internet is that if you are persistant enough, you can find out all kinds of things.

yep indeed. That's a scary thought. Like, people have a Facebook account with a certain amount of information, they have a Flickr account with other things, same for Youtube, Myspace, msn,...

and if you're patient and clever enough (and if you have bad intentions) you can puzzle all these things together and learn A LOT about someone...

You just have to keep in mind that everything you put on internet might eventually be seen by basically everyone.

ok

That's what I mean. It can be a trap and you have to take a step back sometimes and realize that you're talking about the lives of real people.

Personally I have no qualms about gossiping and speculating privately about Mika when you don't really know anything. It's just a bit of fun and people do it whether it's celebrities or their boss or their next door neighbour or whatever.

But there are some facts that fans don't need to know and probably shouldn't be spreading around. They aren't even necessarily damaging to Mika, they're just none of our business.

As individuals none of us intend to do anything harmful with any information we come across but before you know it Mika's family, friends and personal history could become relatively common knowledge in the way that the whereabouts of his house has. I don't think most people want that no matter how curious they are to find things out for themselves.

That's what I mean. It can be a trap and you have to take a step back sometimes and realize that you're talking about the lives of real people.

Personally I have no qualms about gossiping and speculating privately about Mika when you don't really know anything. It's just a bit of fun and people do it whether it's celebrities or their boss or their next door neighbour or whatever.

But there are some facts that fans don't need to know and probably shouldn't be spreading around. They aren't even necessarily damaging to Mika, they're just none of our business.

As individuals none of us intend to do anything harmful with any information we come across but before you know it Mika's family, friends and personal history could become relatively common knowledge in the way that the whereabouts of his house has. I don't think most people want that no matter how curious they are to find things out for themselves.

Agreed, and some of these things we might not even know about our nearest and dearest, so we really don't need to know them about Mika.

But curiosity is a terrible thing, isn't it.

Actually things have been coming directly and indirectly through total strangers. That's why it's a bit alarming I guess. Even though I'm curious and one to gossip and Google, there are people out there who, through naivety or lack of interest, see even less reason to safeguard his privacy than we do.

Actually things have been coming directly and indirectly through total strangers. That's why it's a bit alarming I guess. Even though I'm curious and one to gossip and Google, there are people out there who, through naivety or lack of interest, see even less reason to safeguard his privacy than we do.

it's just a very thin line.

If it's already on the internet, why not post it. It's not like you're hiding in his garden taking pictures yourself.

On the other hand: people like Perez don't take pictures themselves either, but I still think he posts some very intrusive pictures sometimes.

It's been said maaaaany times before: you have to censure (vocabulary?) yourself, but different people have different standards.

Then that is a problem, because even if I knew anything, I do think it's important to safeguard Mika's privacy, but there will be people out there who don't see it this way.

I guess that is one big reason that we shouldn't gossip publicly, as this will just encourage those people.

I am surprised that someone from the press hasn't invaded his privacy more in this way though, knowing how far in the gutter some of our press are...

If it's already on the internet, why not post it.

To be honest, if you want to find something enough, it's available on the internet. There's not much we could post about Mika, or his house for that matter, that you can't already find online.

it's just a very thin line.

If it's already on the internet, why not post it. It's not like you're hiding in his garden taking pictures yourself.

On the other hand: people like Perez don't take pictures themselves either, but I still think he posts some very intrusive pictures sometimes.

It's been said maaaaany times before: you have to censure yourself, but different people have different standards.

whats all this about?

oh indeed, no one posts his address (hopefully :naughty: ). i think diana spoke about it generally. the way the discussion leads or may lead specifically. and as far as about me, it's not MIKA's judgement I'm worrying about, it's how I feel about giving away too much. the what we know but choose not to post boundaries.

Details of his address, the specifics of the house, etc. are a whole different matter and shouldn't be brought up on the forum and people would be wise to keep this information to themselves privately as well.

Yes that's what I meant. :)

I am surprised that someone from the press hasn't invaded his privacy more in this way though, knowing how far in the gutter some of our press are...

Mika said he thinks someone from the media was involved in setting up a Facebook account under his name and that they already had enough inside info to fool his friends into thinking it was him.

Sounds a bit paranoid but he obviously knows more about what happened than I do, so I'm guessing he's got reason to suspect this is the case and it's not just paranoia.

Who knows what these people get up to and if they're lurking on Facebook they're lurking here.

Mika said he thinks someone from the media was involved in setting up a Facebook account under his name and that they already had enough inside info to fool his friends into thinking it was him.

Sounds a bit paranoid but he obviously knows more about what happened than I do, so I'm guessing he's got reason to suspect this is the case and it's not just paranoia.

Who knows what these people get up to and if they're lurking on Facebook they're lurking here.

My thoughts exactly - we don't "know" who all our members are, and

there could be reporters logged in here just to get information!!

I saw the Facebook-account too. I believed it was an official one. That's awful. They were probably hoping hoping for information from his friends. And if you think about it, all joking aside:

he's JUST a guy singing songs about Lollipops! End of story. We tend to put him on a throne sometimes (well.... most of the time:naughty: ) but if you take a step back and look at it from a more distant position, he is ONLY a singer...

Press can ruine someones life. I mean, we have all done or said things that can be used against us somehow. Especially when you put them out of their context.

I hate this thought. Really, I do

I saw the Facebook-account too. I believed it was an official one. That's awful. They were probably hoping hoping for information from his friends. And if you think about it, all joking aside:

he's JUST a guy singing songs about Lollipops! End of story. We tend to put him on a throne sometimes (well.... most of the time:naughty: ) but if you take a step back and look at it from a more distant position, he is ONLY a singer...

Press can ruine someones life. I mean, we have all done or said things that can be used against us somehow. Especially when you put them out of their context.

I hate this thought. Really, I do

i do to! sometimes i look back at the comments i have posted and think wat was i thinking he a normal person like everyone else he is not a god of any sort he just wants to be left alone. i feel very guilty bout the stuff i say :wink2:

i also think it is up to us to be mature about these matters and take it seriously you shouldnt post an address whether you are or are not in the media! it is extremely personal especially with all these creeps walking around!

Really? When did he say that? :boxed:

Thanks for posting this.

Funny how few of you I have met already, yet how many of you I can already recognise:wink2:

Sorry for the silly question but who is that guy on the phone? I think you called him John... (?)

Thanks for posting this.

Funny how few of you I have met already, yet how many of you I can already recognise:wink2:

Sorry for the silly question but who is that guy on the phone? I think you called him John... (?)

Hi suzie! *waves*

Yes, that's John, Mika's tour manager. He was instrumental in ensuring I got the opportunity to give Mika the Yearbook. :thumb_yello:

Hi suzie! *waves*

Yes, that's John, Mika's tour manager. He was instrumental in ensuring I got the opportunity to give Mika the Yearbook. :thumb_yello:

We love John :thumb_yello:

Wasn't sure about him at first - he used to scare me hahah, but he's definitely one of the good guys. :wink2:

Hi suzie! *waves*

Hi Suzy,

Thank you for replying so quickly..

By the way, I have a photo to PM you and also 4 others...

Happy New Year!

We love John :thumb_yello:

Wasn't sure about him at first - he used to scare me hahah, but he's definitely one of the good guys. :wink2:

He actually reminded me of someone who I really like (a music publisher), though I knew it was not him, of course. :wink2: