What was the very first Mika clip you saw?

Clare

Hi fans. It's a year today since I got well and truly Mika mad!!

The very first time I heard Mika's Grace Kelly was on Radio one, on Nihal's Breakfast show.

What was the very first clip you saw of Mika?

Or, where did you first hear his song.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually don't watch video clips so my introduction to Mika was a strange one.....

A friend of mine at work emailled me the lyrics to Grace Kelly in January 2007 (we often email lyrics to each other). I read it and thought that with a name like Mika the artist would be a female. It is very strange to read lyrics before you have actually heard the song as you get a very different impression.

I listened to Grace Kelly that afternoon and I really loved it! Not too long after that I actually Googled Mika and WOW. That was it! I heard Love Today on the radio in my car after going shopping the very first time my radio station played it and I loved that too. I then got the album.

It all seems like so long ago! And the friend that originally introduced me to Mika? He denys it all :roftl: he does not like Mika now. Perhaps I talked about him too much and he got sick of it!!!

I saw the premiere of Grace Kelly on Norwegian TV, and the first time I saw it, it annoyed the hell out of me cause I thought it was a parody of music such as Queen, and I was telling my friends about this weird song and "did they know if it was serious or not??" :blush-anim-cl:

Then when I heard it again the next time and tried to figure it out, something clicked and I was hooked so I had to play it again... and again... and again... To my then flatmate's big dismay:roftl:

I saw the premiere of Grace Kelly on Norwegian TV, and the first time I saw it, it annoyed the hell out of me cause I thought it was a parody of music such as Queen, and I was telling my friends about this weird song and "did they know if it was serious or not??" :blush-anim-cl:

Then when I heard it again the next time and tried to figure it out, something clicked and I was hooked so I had to play it again... and again... and again... To my then flatmate's big dismay:roftl:

Yeah that was just what I was like.

I remember me and Mum in the kitchen making chocolate muffins. I had the radio on because I wanted to hear it again.

the first time i heard GRACE KELLY was in my mums car and she turned it up and it sounded great then from that moment i new he was gonna be my favoirite singer:wub2: :mf_lustslow::blush-anim-cl:

But my favoirite song is HOLY JOHNNY his new song from the concert and the DVD LIVE IN CARTOON MOTION.:roftl::blush-anim-cl:

I LOVE MIKA LIKE MANY OF YOU OTHER PEOPLE

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:mf_lustslow::wub2:

when MIKA was at the BIC in bounemouth he took his top off for a song and when he tried to put it back on he put it on inside out and then everyone was shouting off off off so he left it off and he was so fit lolz that was the 28th november 07

It started in March...

I saw Mika's picture and text "Grace Kelly - listen now" on Yahoo's front page for about two weeks. :naughty:

The whole time I just thought: "Hmm... What a good looking guy, I should find out him. But what is that thing with Grace Kelly?" I didn't search more info but dropped the subject completely, until... My little sister was listening to the radio, they played Grace Kelly and I couldn't stop laughing! I just thought those high notes were sooo funny! :roftl: I asked my sister if she knew who this singer was. She answered "some Mika", and THEN it hit me! :shocked:

I think I heard Relax the next day or day after that and then I finally started searching! At first I went to YouTube and the first interview I saw must have been the Finnish one: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=G_NhrdtRzdY

Mika played with his tamagotchi and my heart was sold! :lmao:

Then I watched ALL the interviews there was and listened to ALL his songs on YouTube and finally, somehow, by accident I guess, I found my way here. :glasses3:

Last January my hubby Mark (Holy Johnny on here) had been harping on about this brilliant song for ages and one day we were pulling up in the carpark at work and it came on Radio 2. He was like "this is it, this is it!" and made me sit in the car until it had finished. When we got home we googled Mika, and I think that is when I found this site. A few days later I saw him on the Friday Night Project and that was it!

The first time I heard and saw Mika was this clip on channel V where he was "The chosen one". And then just a few days later, he was number 1 in the euro top 20 countdown. LOVED HIM EVER SINCE!:wub2: Feb 2007....nearly a year now!!!:wub2::blush-anim-cl:

In November 2006, after falling in love with "Grace Kelly" on the car radio in an instant ("Love at first SOUND":naughty: ) - I actually remembered to Google it as soon as I got home and the "Grace Kelly" video came up in my search. Then it was "Love at first sight"....

There are 3 senses left to fall for. :naughty:

In November 2006, after falling in love with "Grace Kelly" on the car radio in an instant ("Love at first SOUND":naughty: ) - I actually remembered to Google it as soon as I got home and the "Grace Kelly" video came up in my search. Then it was "Love at first sight"....

There are 3 senses left to fall for. :naughty:

you mean you haven't fallen for his smell yet?! He doesn't feel too bad either....I can't say I've had a good taste of him yet though...

We need someone to do a taste test next :angel_not:

you mean you haven't fallen for his smell yet?! He doesn't feel too bad either....I can't say I've had a good taste of him yet though...

:naughty:

You really don't want to read my mind right now.

4 outta 5 ain't too shabby...Luckeeee!

:naughty:

You really don't want to read my mind right now.

Mmmm....I'm glad I was instrumental in guiding your daydreams. :blush-anim-cl:

I remember it like it was yesterday, i was at college and we was building the set for our next production "romeo and juliet", and in the theatre we'd always bring in a mini sterio and we'd bring our own CD's and one of my friends brought in "Life In Cartoon Motion" and she'd always play Lollipop (her fav song). I didn't take much notice the first time but the second time i was like woooow this song is f***ing amazing !!!!!!!, i asked her who sings it and she replyed "mika", and i went home did some research and came up with nothing cus i kept spelling his name wrong (cus i'm dyslexic) and kept spelling it "Miker" at one piont i spelt it "myiker ha ha !!!. Anyway a few days later i searched for him again and this time i found him and i listened to cilps from his album and i thought (i'm gonna like this guy) because i'll be honest he re - minded me of the scissor sisters (and i'm a fan of them too) and i just loved the fact (like jake shears) that mika sang in he chest then swich's to fasetto and also sings one or two songs in fasetto all the way through. Another good thing is that i have the same style of singing as mika and jake shears so their songs are easy for me to sing along with. I've been Mika mad ever since and i'll be honest i seem to listen to mika more that the scissor sisters.

i just love mika so much now

Mika 4eva !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!