A Year In Cartoon Motion (Yearbook) - Ready To Purchase

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

]FYI everyone... Just found out from Christine who found out from Suzy that not only did Mika read the book for 20 minutes before going on stage that night... Mika read the yearbook for "DAYS" according to his camera man ANDY :)

I'm shocked and really happy that, OBVIOUSLY, this little creation was not only appreciated, but READ

Wow that is sooooooo neat!!! It made us smile so huge when we read this and now we have one just like his!!!

Love Love:wub2:

Meyer Twins

Has anyone else had a problem with loose pages?

My first copy had loose pages at the front and back so the ordering people (Lulu) ordered another one for me which arrived yesterday but it's even worse than the first copy. The whole front section just fell out when I opened it up.

I'm really upset as I want to treaure it and it's falling apart.

My first copy had loose pages at the front and back so the ordering people (Lulu) ordered another one for me which arrived yesterday but it's even worse than the first copy. The whole front section just fell out when I opened it up.

Is it a hard or soft cover?

That's awful! :thumbdown:

Mine is just fine, but mine is the hard cover so maybe the binding process is done differently.

I suggest you take it up with Lulu - write them an email explaining how the "replacement" is even worse than the first.

Our book is in perfect condition. Do you live outside of the U.S.? Maybe it has something to do with shipping. That is too bad that it keeps falling apart after you ordered another one. That's insane.

The Meyer Twins:wub2:

I'm in the UK and the book was posted from Spain so I'm guessing it was printed there.

Is it a hard or soft cover?

It's the soft cover.....maybe I should ask for the hard cover instead?

I take it that it's bound with cotton??

Obviously the softback has glued in pages.

That's awful! :thumbdown:

Mine is just fine, but mine is the hard cover so maybe the binding process is done differently.

I suggest you take it up with Lulu - write them an email explaining how the "replacement" is even worse than the first.

Oh, I will do but was just wondering if anyone else had had the same problem.

I'm in the UK and the book was posted from Spain so I'm guessing it was printed there.

Forgot to say that ours was softcover and it's in great condition. We would definitley try again in getting a better copy.

WOW, you're the first that I've heard of to have that problem...and twice :(

That makes me raelly un easy, and I'm sorry that it happened to you:thumbdown:

There's no reason why you should have to pay more money for a hard cover...unless you really want to, because the soft covers should be just as good...and the two that I've had have been very good...So I'm not sure what to tell you :(

WOW, you're the first that I've heard of to have that problem...and twice :(

That makes me raelly un easy, and I'm sorry that it happened to you:thumbdown:

There's no reason why you should have to pay more money for a hard cover...unless you really want to, because the soft covers should be just as good...and the two that I've had have been very good...So I'm not sure what to tell you :(

Yeah, there shouldn't be anything wrong with the soft cover. Maybe it was just poor postal service. Ours came shipped and boxed very nice so we don't think it has anything to do with the hard cover being better than the soft cover. But yeah, they need to send you another one.

]FYI everyone... Just found out from Christine who found out from Suzy that not only did Mika read the book for 20 minutes before going on stage that night... Mika read the yearbook for "DAYS" according to his camera man ANDY :)

I'm shocked and really happy that, OBVIOUSLY, this little creation was not only appreciated, but READ

I'd be more surprised if he hadn't spent days reading it. You all put so much effort into it. I haven't been able to stop reading the download I did. It must be amazing for him to know how much you all thought, and do think about him. Must have been even nicer reading something like that when he felt so crappy himself and probably felt guilty about cancelling shows.

You know I do truly think that after all the hardwork he's put in to get his music out there, all the knockbacks he's had, sticking to his guns and not changing to suit other people perception of what the public musically wants in artists.

Getting stuff like that book and everything else the MFC has taken the trouble to put together for him would mean alot to him. It proves he was right all along.

I especially loved your posts Mel, they were so well written, I could kind of put myself in your shoes and feel what emotions you were going through when you were at the shows and about meeting him.

I've been members of other bands forums, and as I've said none as are comitted as you lot. I mean yes, you'll get birthday threads up and someone might organise a bulk delivery to them for that. But not this level of commitment.

I think you all could give the government a run for their money in organisation and getting things done.

Actually that's a damn good idea - let's kick out all our leaders and appoint MFC members.

Make each place our own Mikaland. :roftl::roftl::roftl:

The people would love us.... :punk:

:naughty:

I'd be more surprised if he hadn't spent days reading it. You all put so much effort into it. I haven't been able to stop reading the download I did. It must be amazing for him to know how much you all thought, and do think about him. Must have been even nicer reading something like that when he felt so crappy himself and probably felt guilty about cancelling shows.

You know I do truly think that after all the hardwork he's put in to get his music out there, all the knockbacks he's had, sticking to his guns and not changing to suit other people perception of what the public musically wants in artists.

Getting stuff like that book and everything else the MFC has taken the trouble to put together for him would mean alot to him. It proves he was right all along.

I especially loved your posts Mel, they were so well written, I could kind of put myself in your shoes and feel what emotions you were going through when you were at the shows and about meeting him.

I've been members of other bands forums, and as I've said none as are comitted as you lot. I mean yes, you'll get birthday threads up and someone might organise a bulk delivery to them for that. But not this level of commitment.

I think you all could give the government a run for their money in organisation and getting things done.

Actually that's a damn good idea - let's kick out all our leaders and appoint MFC members.

what a nice post :mf_lustslow: thanks so much love!

That was very sweet!!!:wub2:

Everyone whose thinking about buying it..., THEY NEED TO!!! Believe us it's going to be the best thing you've spent your money on along with Mika tickets.:wub2:

We have it on our bookshelf (not signed. hopefully Mika will come here again soon so he will sign it for us.). Seeing it on our bookshelf though makes us feel happy that if we keep doing this every year...1. We'll get to all stay in touch because of it. 2. Mika will be so happy because of it and how all of us worked so hard. 3. We'll be happy because Mika will be happy. We're so glad that we have this copy and will save for the upcoming copies because this book means a lot to us. When we were waiting in line in Chicago on tuesday, people were glancing at our book because we were flipping through pages. They just had to look at it and it made us glow because we helped contribute to it. We told some people that the first two names really worked hard finishing it.

One girl we asked if she was from the MFC and she said yes but she didn't come on much but she was on the night before the Chicago concert. She said to us "Are you the Meyer Twins?" and we were like "Yeah!" We acted SO FAMOUS.

We are so proud of that book and LOVE it.

We joined in June but didn't really post or look much till a few months later so we didn't really know the rules, but we're so glad we came on here soon enough to take part in the project.

Love Love:wub2:

The Meyer Twins

Megan and Haley