FAME: Who wants it and why?

BonjourMika1990

So, in the past few weeks I've posted stuff EVERYWHERE...and the common theme has been getting down to the fact that I want to be famous.

Some understood and didn't make me feel bad...others were a bit confused and shall I say "irritated..."

But I explained myself: I want to be an actress/writer. Obviously for both of these professions, a sign of success would be FAME.

I think wanting to be famous can be a "dirty" thing if you don't have good intentions.

I will never do reality TV or anything trashy like that to get it. I know the kind of work I'm in for.

But people ask me why I want others to know me?

*That's all I've ever wanted...To make a difference in someone's life. See, Mika did that for me and so have countless other "famous" people. They put their talent and their love for their craft on display, and often times create refuges for people to collapse into.

FILM: I want to help people get away from life for a few hours and just watch a story... I want to help people sympathize with the characters I play. I love the feeling: Going into a movie theater one way and leaving a different person (even if that feeling only lasts into the night...how wonderful is it?) Movies are my passion and so is writing.

BOOKS: I want people to read my books and be like "Wow! I can relate to this character...for once I don't feel so strange in this world...Here is someone who is like me." That's why I started writing the book I'm working on now: as a means of coping with my life as it is...The character is basically ME in the 1920's- 30's. I felt like since I can't find someone like me to relate to, to tell my story to, I would create someone. Isn't that cool? IT's like a puppet show!

So, I want to be famous and use that fame for good. I know it's typical to use angelina jolie as an example, but I must. She's done great things. But another example is Audrey Hepburn. After she filmed her last movie, she went on to help children all over the world.

With the money gained from fame, I want to change things...I want to pass on the word and use my celebrity to bring awareness to the issues I care about: PETA, FINCA... etc etc...

So my questionS:

*DO YOU WANT TO BE FAMOUS?

*WILL YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR LIFE IS COMPLETE IF YOU BECOME FAMOUS?

*WHAT IS YOUR IMPRESSION OF FAME TODAY? THE GOOD AND THE BAD?

*ULTIMATLEY, WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER YOUR OWN PERSONAL SUCCESS?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... good question. I've always wanted to be a writer, and as you said, to a have a bit of success, that requires some sort of fame.

Movies are my other passion (I study film), but I have no acting talent, so I guess becoming an actress isn't really an option. :biggrin2:

Fame, however, doesn't attract me. I don't think I'd like being famous. And I don't think I have to worry about becoming famous so much. :bleh:

(I hope you'll make it though! Your book sounds interesting! :))

Hmmm... good question. I've always wanted to be a writer, and as you said, to a have a bit of success, that requires some sort of fame.

Movies are my other passion (I study film), but I have no acting talent, so I guess becoming an actress isn't really an option. :biggrin2:

Fame, however, doesn't attract me. I don't think I'd like being famous. And I don't think I have to worry about becoming famous so much. :bleh:

(I hope you'll make it though! Your book sounds interesting! :))

Thankyou! Maybe one day I'll have a fan club:roftl:

I would love to be an authour or a journalist. Like a big journalist in a tabloid. But I don't want to be properly in the spotlight, if you know what I mean.

you mean like the editor of a major mag. like vogue??

That would be cool:mf_lustslow:

See I wanna do that too! and I guess I want to be Oprah lol

you mean like the editor of a major mag. like vogue??

That would be cool:mf_lustslow:

See I wanna do that too! and I guess I want to be Oprah lol

I think Oprah beat you to being Oprah. :bleh:

But no, seriously, let me know when you're famous, I'll start a fanclub/website/forum/merchandise/etc. :biggrin2:

Something like that. I'm going to study journalism; but my dad doesn't want me to get into that business, because unless i get a place in a big magazine/newspaper I won't get a decent amount of money :thumbdown: He's beggining to get on my nerves, trying to decide on my future.

Something like that. I'm going to study journalism; but my dad doesn't want me to get into that business, because unless i get a place in a big magazine/newspaper I won't get a decent amount of money :thumbdown: He's beggining to get on my nerves, trying to decide on my future.

Yeah, that's the thing: parents want you to be happy but practical careers make the money.

What's the point though, if you aren't doing what you love???

Fame is the scariest thing in the world to me.

I'd never want to be famous.

Being in the spotlight is not something I'd be comfortable with. I think I'd make a good actress, I actually know I would, but I'd never persue it because people watching me makes me nervous.

Fame is the scariest thing in the world to me.

I'd never want to be famous.

Being in the spotlight is not something I'd be comfortable with. I think I'd make a good actress, I actually know I would, but I'd never persue it because people watching me makes me nervous.

I can understand that...

But do you like acting or are you natural just good?

Oh I want to be a musician, and I guess I want to live from that and fame is then necessary. We all want (and need) other peoples confirmation of that we're great or at least good enough. Fame is just an extrem sequel to that need, and I think most people want it one way or another.

i want to be an actress on broadway!!

but, not just that.

i want to make a difference in this corrupt and harsh world.

if acting doesn't work out, i'll devote a lot of time to humanitarian efforts globally.

i mean, look at Audrey Hepburn. she is my role-model, because she was a genuinely good person, and didn't let fame take over her life.

i want to be an actress on broadway!!

but, not just that.

i want to make a difference in this corrupt and harsh world.

if acting doesn't work out, i'll devote a lot of time to humanitarian efforts globally.

i mean, look at Audrey Hepburn. she is my role-model, because she was a genuinely good person, and didn't let fame take over her life.

Oh I know she's my hero too!

She never realized how wonderful she was...and if she did, she was so humble and modest. She was just a genuinly good person and a hard worker:blush-anim-cl:

I never wanted to be famous,I'm too shy and I don't have any talent needed for jobs like that,but I always wanted to make difference in people's life,to do something for people,to help,to improve lives,so I study medicine.

Fame today?Think it's very hard,because a lot of medias/journalists have no minimal working ethics.

I never wanted to be famous,I'm too shy and I don't have any talent needed for jobs like that,but I always wanted to make difference in people's life,to do something for people,to help,to improve lives,so I study medicine.

Fame today?Think it's very hard,because a lot of medias/journalists has no minimal working ethics.

true...

I think if you go on to do humanitarian work, and don't achieve fame you'll be one of the ones to be just as happy and successful:thumb_yello:

I can understand that...

But do you like acting or are you natural just good?

I like it but not in front of an audience, that freaks me out.

It's weird, everyone I know calls me Mary Dresselhuys (famous Dutch actress) and told me I should become an actress..

Ah well maybe one day, when I gather enough courage, I could play the old lady in Titanic. :naughty:

So my questions:

*DO YOU WANT TO BE FAMOUS?

Noway (images of nose bleeds wile there's a camera in my face starts to appear)

*WILL YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR LIFE IS COMPLETE IF YOU BECOME FAMOUS?

NO I would hate it, I don't like being in the spotlight, I get nervous, start to say stupid things that I will regret later, And I don't like my face. So if I would have to see it everywhere I would get depressed, and die a miserable death. And then there are the people that want a piece of you, well I don't trust people, every time I have to go to a place that I have never been before I'm constantly checking if there's a weirdo in my neighborhood that might wants to follow me or rob me or worse. So having people actually following me would drive me crazy.

But then again I'm pretty good at ignoring people, guess I'm related to chimpanzees more that I thought, those animals are real pro's when I comes to ignoring others. So i would be pretty good at ignoring paparazzi :naughty: Or i would give them my evil stare:mf_rosetinted: People have said to me that i can get this very evil look in my eyes when I'm really mad at them :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

*WHAT IS YOUR IMPRESSION OF FAME TODAY? THE GOOD AND THE BAD?

It sucks, and it's getting way out of hand, just look at Britney S. If a "normal" person would do that they would be tracked down, locked up and get forced to see a doc, but since Britney is "famous" they just let her go after a view hours. They threat famous people like they where gods or something, they do drugs, run over people while there drunk and get away with it. And WHY??

Money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money. You let them go so they can make another boo boo that will end up in the news which will sell newspaper, gossip magazines, and more. Or they will do there jobs again and let others make money.

*ULTIMATLEY, WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER YOUR OWN PERSONAL SUCCESS?

Nothing I'm invisible and i like to stay that way. :mf_rosetinted:

Personally, I think Fame would be petrifying! Your privacy will never be the same again. Look at Britney, I know she doesn't compare at all to many other famous people, but shes an example of the dark side of fame.

Fame is wonderful for success, but longing for fame only is sad, and I think that it can be really dangerous for some people.

I completely understand how some people want to express themselves and inspire others, but I think subtlty and not yearning for the shallow end of fame is more inspiring.

I love that Mika can keep private, I don;t thonk he'd be te type to be on show for the vanity end of it all.

Wanting fame in any case is just wrong in my opinion. Were you neglected as a child? :naughty:

Britney Spears wanted to be famous.. That's all I'mma say... :mf_rosetinted:

DC! :roftl:

How dare you pick on my Brit Brit.

*deep voice* Gimme Moorrreeeee!

Do I want to be famous? No. I only want to be well known in the photography industry that way I can get some business and make a decent living. I don't want to live pay check to pay check, having a little extra would be nice. I also don't want to be like the photographer around here who does school pictures. I want something more thrilling out of my career, but with that I need business.

My life wouldn't be complete if I was famous either. Money can't buy everything, like love. Sure it can buy you hookers and what-not, but that's not love. :wink2:

If fame happens fame happens. I'm not going to go searching around every corner or under every rock for it. I wouldn't want to be famous either because I would start to hate doing day to day things. Going out to the movies, to the store, or out my front door would be hard enough because the paparazzi would be shoving their cameras down my throat all the time. They tend to egg on the person to get a reaction out of them, I wouldn't want that. I wouldn't enjoy that. I wouldn't want my private live to be dug into either. I don't know how, but Mika does a good job at keeping his life private and I give major credit to him because it must be hard.

I also wouldn't want to become famous because I wouldn't want to have to worry about why people are my friends. Are they friends for me or are their friends because I'm famous? That would be a big worry to me because I like meeting new people and I want them to like me for ME.

I tend to see a lot of the bad with being famous. I'd rather just be known behind the scenes.

Do I want to be famous? No. I only want to be well known in the photography industry that way I can get some business and make a decent living. I don't want to live pay check to pay check, having a little extra would be nice. I also don't want to be like the photographer around here who does school pictures. I want something more thrilling out of my career, but with that I need business.

My life wouldn't be complete if I was famous either. Money can't buy everything, like love. Sure it can buy you hookers and what-not, but that's not love. :wink2:

If fame happens fame happens. I'm not going to go searching around every corner or under every rock for it. I wouldn't want to be famous either because I would start to hate doing day to day things. Going out to the movies, to the store, or out my front door would be hard enough because the paparazzi would be shoving their cameras down my throat all the time. They tend to egg on the person to get a reaction out of them, I wouldn't want that. I wouldn't enjoy that. I wouldn't want my private live to be dug into either. I don't know how, but Mika does a good job at keeping his life private and I give major credit to him because it must be hard.

I also wouldn't want to become famous because I wouldn't want to have to worry about why people are my friends. Are they friends for me or are their friends because I'm famous? That would be a big worry to me because I like meeting new people and I want them to like me for ME.

I tend to see a lot of the bad with being famous. I'd rather just be known behind the scenes.

wow! Your a photographer?! cool, I want to be a photographer, or somehting close to that idea.

I like the way you said you want to be known behind the scenes! I'm the same, I'd love to be respected and work in a creative job, without having to give up my private life for fame.:thumb_yello:

Teehee :) I've had my 15 minutes of fame already.

It's not all that easy. You constantly have to look your best, not gain weight, work hard, long hours......BUT it is a lot of fun and it's something that not everyone wants or has a chance to do.

I don't think I would ever like to be famous for the rest of my life. When you think about celebrities, it just seems so glamourous. Beautiful dresses, getting pampered, being a movie star, getting your own Fan Club :naughty: ......but those people work VERY hard, VERY long hours and when they do get 10 minutes to themselves to scratch their butt, there's 10 papparazzi standing around to catch it all on film so the general public can count how much cellulite you have and if you've put on 1 kilo or gained a new wrinkle.

Anyone these days can be celebrity, which is so very sad (ala Spears and Hilton). But the people who are deserving of the 'celebrity' title come around so rarely - like Mika. The boy has talent coming out of his wazoo. That, to me, is 'celebrity'.

Wanting fame in any case is just wrong in my opinion. Were you neglected as a child? :naughty:

Britney Spears wanted to be famous.. That's all I'mma say... :mf_rosetinted:

I think you're talking about being "infamous"

Fame can be a very good thing when you look at the lives one can effect...

I'm no Britney either:mf_rosetinted:

and I was smart when I was young, not caring for the child star status (though it was mentioned to me)