Brit Awards Launch

Ruth

I've just watched this on ITV3 and it's now on ITV3+1. Mika's nominations were shown alongside the others and there were clips of him saying how good Duffy (the next Dusty Springfield) and Sir Paul MacCartney (the best possible singer songwriter) are.

It seemed more than a tad skewed towards products of the Brit School (Leona) and I am sick to death of the clip of her that they always show. With Mika we had 4 different song clips.

Get voting, I feel he'll be pipped at every post.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this was touched upon in the Brit Awards thread on Tuesday when this was on first.

I agree wholeheartedly about it probably being biased towards their alumni, Adele and Leona Lewis. I know that all money raised goes to their school, but they shouldn't let that be an issue towards who gets the awards. It never has before, I hope it doesn't start this year.

I keep voting :wink2::thumb_yello:

and i have posted a forum a couple of days ago so lets hope we all vote :thumb_yello:

and yeah, leona lewis annoys me too, she doesnt deserve any!

Vote everyone, like a hundred times

HOw can you say she doesnt! She has a great voice and shes very humble! She deserves one! lol, like Female artist.. one that MIka cant win, lol.

HOw can you say she doesnt! She has a great voice and shes very humble! She deserves one! lol, like Female artist.. one that MIka cant win, lol.

But that belongs to KT Tunstall!

I don't find LL humble, just cloying.

I was impressed that Dave Grohl likes Mika, and thought it was funny that Ricky Wilson from the Kaiser Chiefs said his music was like crashing into giant marshmallows. LOL!

there were clips of him saying how good Duffy (the next Dusty Springfield) and Sir Paul MacCartney (the best possible singer songwriter) are.

I think Dusty Springfield was an amazing singer... :thumb_yello: I want to check out this Duffy....

hope I will find her on youtube...

I was impressed that Dave Grohl likes Mika

Wow! I was always wondering when these closet Mika fans will finally come out...

Kurt Cobain was a huge fan of Queen. The Foo Fighters often play with Roger Taylor...

=>I want Dave Grohl and Roger Taylor to present Best British Male artist award at the Brits...:wub2:

for the people who didn't watch the awards here are mika's nominations:British Male Solo Artist

British Album

British Breakthrough act

British single

and now that you no what he is nominated for so vote, VOTE, VOTE

for the people who didn't watch the awards here are mika's nominations are:British Male Solo Artist

British Album

British Breakthrough act

British single

Sorry, I can't read your post. :boxed:

Thanks. Pink is so much better! I even went and got my specs to try to read the yellow, but it didn't help!

Part of me isn't bothered if Mika wins any of them (I have voted tho!) because I rarely think that those who deserve it win, it wouldn't make me think any less of Mika (I know all his fans will feel that way) BUT I also do want him to walk away with all 4 because he desrves them!

That might not have made much sense I've not long crawlled out of bed.

I don't find her humble either, I think her "image" is of that purely to sell her.

She/they used to play on the "oh I don't know how good I am" stuff, yet she attended a well known London school for performing arts stuff. Apart from that it gets on my nerves when we are almost pushed into corners with how it's gonna be and it all seems to boil down to money and who has the person with the most weight behind them.

pffft annnoying!!

Sorry, I can't read your post. :boxed:

Thanks. Pink is so much better! I even went and got my specs to try to read the yellow, but it didn't help!

Highlighting the text in question is always the way forward :P

Regardless of what he wins, if he wins anything at all, there will still be a cracking peformance from him to look forward to :punk: