The Oldlings Thread (Part 9)!!!

dcdeb

Hi Anna and Diana. How are you this evening.

I'll be okay, I don't intend to let this get me down. I'm determined to get back on my feet and do what I want to do.

I've been kind of feeling restless for a while, I guess the roadtrip in November confirmed things for me. I might just travel around for a while, just as soon as can get my van back up and running, good thing about being a courier, you can get work anywhere, heh heh.

I'm looking forward to seeing where life takes me now, not letting myself be restricted anymore. Done that most of my life and it seems to have got me nowhere.

It's good to be able to share this with someone, my friends seem to be behind me, but I feel that some of my family aren't.

I feel closer to you guys right now than my family, apart from my big nephew, my oldest niece and my auntie, who all think I should do what I want to do. Sonthat's what I'm gonna do.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be okay, I don't intend to let this get me down. I'm determined to get back on my feet and do what I want to do.

I've been kind of feeling restless for a while, I guess the roadtrip in November confirmed things for me. I might just travel around for a while, just as soon as can get my van back up and running, good thing about being a courier, you can get work anywhere, heh heh.

I'm looking forward to seeing where life takes me now, not letting myself be restricted anymore. Done that most of my life and it seems to have got me nowhere.

It's good to be able to share this with someone, my friends seem to be behind me, but I feel that some of my family aren't.

I feel closer to you guys right now than my family, apart from my big nephew, my oldest niece and my auntie, who all think I should do what I want to do. Sonthat's what I'm gonna do.

Well Rose - all the best whatever you decide - and if you are ever

up in Central Scotland then pop in for a cuppa!! :thumb_yello:

I'll be doing it again next week, which is just as well 'cause soon I'll be technically homeless, as my landlady is selling the house I'm in and she's already getting people in viewing, so I'm glad to be out of the way.

That's why for the London shows I'm staying at my nieces in Basingstoke, she's said I can stay longer, but I don't want to be a pain, and my friend who I'm dogsitting for now has a few business trips lined up over the next few months so I stay here while he's away, which will help.

Just need some where to store my stuff now.

Sorry to bring things down a bit, I'm looking to the positive aspects, since there are so many negatives, if I think about them I'd never get out of bed in the morning. That's why I've been spending a lot of time on here lately, it's good to talk to everyone on here.

Rose............you know we are behind you....and I am sure things will owrk out for you...do feel free to come on here and moan a bucket ful to your hearts content if it helps..we all do...and it usually Does help :wub2:

Hi dears

Thank you for all your lovely support! I am here for a few minutes to check things out.

It was a hard and sad day today, but luckily there were a lot of friends and family to support eachother and especially my cousin.

Rose, what are you gonna do now: can you find a new place to live?

Wendy, I hope your tummy gets well soon.

I take another quick look at the other thread and will then wake up hubby who was so tired of today (driving 1 and a half hour forward and 1 and a half back, and then the whole sadness...) that he fall asleep at 7 O'clock.

Love you all and talk/ chat later

Glad you were able to get on and tell us how it went AMP.....I hope you can rest tonight and get some comfort :wub2:

Good evening everyone! it has taken me an age to make it here tonight :naughty: Now my bacardi needs refilling :naughty:

MM..sorry to miss you, I hope you are soon feeling better..

Charlie ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

But DEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Double ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!:shocked:

I'm going to bed in a bit, girls. Sweet dreams to you all. :wub2:

Rose, I hope everything turns out ok for you. :thumb_yello:

A little secret to share : I quit smoking today, it's not easy but I still manage. I'm a bit proud of myself right now.

A little secret to share : I quit smoking today, it's not easy but I still manage. I'm a bit proud of myself right now.

WELL DONE MARTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb_yello::shocked:

Stay strong...we are behind you too................and we won't get smoke in our faces now!!!:naughty: :naughty: :wink2: Sweet dreams

Are you coming over for the 26th Feb gig?

Can't be bothered going to look on the thread!!

Lazy Oldling!! :naughty:

Yess! You knew this. :bleh:

Hey, Diana! It's a while ago I saw you here. I hope you're doing fine.

Hiya! I am doing fine, yeah. Was feeling a bit blah the last couple of weeks but I'm better now so hurrah!

How are you?

Hi Rose. I'm fine, are you ok?

I've been reading back a bit and I think your approach to this is just brilliant.

View this as an opportunity to experience new things..

We often find ourselves stuck in a place we always said we'd never end up in..

And sometimes we need something to push us to change. This can be your little push (or big push, depending on how you see it).

Charlie ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

But DEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Double ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!:shocked:

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

I know, kath -- I'm in a bit of shocked disbelief myself!

I never dreamed I'd be seeing him again so soon! And

I really can't believe I'm going to NYC all by myself

to do it! :shocked:

I am very excited, but having to contain myself as hubby is

home ill today -- although he feels much better now... but he

has certainly put a crimp in my plans for today. I have "things"

that need to be done, that I can't do now until tonight,

after he's gone to bed. So much for my having an early night...

Oh well, I was probably going to stay up to see the Boston

news, anyway... :blush-anim-cl:

Now I haven't read back, but what am I hearing from Rose? Lost the

job, maybe? That's what it sounds like... I'll go read now, just

wanted to get a quick post in here before you've all left...

Be back in a minute or two!

dcdeb

1 DAY 3 HOURS 46 MINUTES UNTIL MIKA IN NYC!!!

Sweet dreams - and well done!! xxxxxx

WELL DONE MARTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb_yello::shocked:

Stay strong...we are behind you too................and we won't get smoke in our faces now!!!:naughty: Sweet dreams

:sneaky2: Yes you will!!!! :rasta:

Good for you. Keep up the good work.

Hi DEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb_yello:

I am SO excited for you !!!!:naughty:

So sorry to hear about hubby....hope he is feeling better and more importantly doesn't get worse so that you can't go tomorrow :shocked:

NYC.........................TOMORROW...........................MIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shocked: :shocked:

Didn't see what brought this empowerment on but good for you. You need to take care of yourself and if this is what you need...go for it.

good evening ladies...i won't catch up as i don't want to miss you on the way!

Rose, we could not talk much in glasgow, but let me say that this is the right place NOW in our lives to ask for support.

ppl here, and especially in this thread (not saying others are worse, just telling my experience) HAVE the capability of fully understanding what you are going through.

None of us here has got a simple, easy and smooth life because of mika.

What mika has done to our hearts and minds can only be understood by MFCers, i'm having problems in finding ppl in my RL to support me, even old friends and relatives.

More

if some external problems arise (loosing jobs, or house or just the purse) is due to this madness, they say. To the fact that we are not the same old ones anymore. to the fact that we are weird.

does this make sense?

so pls come here and require support from us, always.

there will be always some of us online ready for that.

(all this reminds me of many tears shed in a glasgow room not long ago....:wub2: )

AMP

i've been thinking of you, i hope you feel warm and cosy in here, and found something to smile at.

Helllo Oldlings!! Hope everyone's OK, despite weather, tummy and back aches.... x

Hiya SL xxxx

I just poop into Mika's trousers for two minutes and this place comes alive :naughty:

Hiya SL..how are you? Got your chicket yet? :naughty:

Pooping in the Oldlings again!!!! :)

good evening ladies...i won't catch up as i don't want to miss you on the way!

Rose, we could not talk much in glasgow, but let me say that this is the right place NOW in our lives to ask for support.

ppl here, and especially in this thread (not saying others are worse, just telling my experience) HAVE the capability of fully understanding what you are going through.

None of us here has got a simple, easy and smooth life because of mika.

What mika has done to our hearts and minds can only be understood by MFCers, i'm having problems in finding ppl in my RL to support me, even old friends and relatives.

More

if some external problems arise (loosing jobs, or house or just the purse) is due to this madness, they say. To the fact that we are not the same old ones anymore. to the fact that we are weird.

does this make sense?

so pls come here and require support from us, always.

there will be always some of us online ready for that.

(all this reminds me of many tears shed in a glasgow room not long ago....:wub2: )

AMP

i've been thinking of you, i hope you feel warm and cosy in here, and found something to smile at.

Well said, lovely Robi xxxx