Brits uploaded vid

lcmlcm

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh.

WHY is Mika the only one that is allowed to be slagged on those opinions??

This really, really p's me off big time.

The Enemy and Hard Fi slagging Mika?? Have they listened to themselves lately?? Jam tribute band and Madness wannabees!

Honestly though - is it just me, or is it okay to hate Mika, and express it, in general?? The worst thing anyone else has to say about the others is 'Newton Faulkner has bad hair'. But it is deemed permissible for Hard Fi to say they HATE Mika.

I don't care if they hate him. But why should they get away with saying that in a situation like this?

:sneaky2:

Honestly though - is it just me, or is it okay to hate Mika, and express it, in general?? The worst thing anyone else has to say about the others is 'Newton Faulkner has bad hair'. But it is deemed permissible for Hard Fi to say they HATE Mika.

Yeah, that's incredibly irritating, and I think it's simply due to the fact that it's so easy to take cheap shots at Mika, whether that be at his style or music. This whole thing should be about promoting the artists in a generally positive, consistent light, so that people can make their own decisions. By having a band with a decent-sized following state that they hate him (and no similar comments being made about other artists), you're already influencing many of the voters to make their minds up against him, which is unfair.

Yeah, that's incredibly irritating, and I think it's simply due to the fact that it's so easy to take cheap shots at Mika, whether that be at his style or music. This whole thing should be about promoting the artists in a generally positive, consistent light, so that people can make their own decisions. By having a band with a decent-sized following state that they hate him (and no similar comments being made about other artists), you're already influencing many of the voters to make their minds up against him, which is unfair.

EXACTLY

:thumb_yello:

Cheap shots - yes. It's the bullying thing isn't it. I always get a whiff of that mentality when I see the cheap shots at Mika.

I'm sure Mika doesn't give a damn, like he says, better to be hated than ignored. But it's the influencing thing which is really out of order in something like this.

Perhaps the people who put those clips together just wanted to emphasize the Marmite thing. Still think it's unfair! I know plenty of peple who think Richard Hawley is a joke, but did you hear anyone saying that on there?? No chance.

Russell Brand. :wub2:

People are gonna hate on Mika regardless.. It would've been a lot worse if some well respected artist slagged him off but come on, it's Hard-fi!

Dave Grohl likes him. :wub2:

:naughty: Yeah you're right. The cool, talented people like Dave and Michael Stipe and..erm..Craig David (:blink::naughty: ) like him. That's what matters.

I shouldn't get worked up about it but I can't help it, it's just my instinct :naughty: .

:naughty: Yeah you're right. The cool, talented people like Dave and Michael Stipe and..erm..Craig David (:blink::naughty: ) like him. That's what matters.

I wonder what his reaction would be if he heard the whole "They kept trying to mould me into someone like Craig David, and I was so fed up of it that I went home and wrote Grace Kelly" story :naughty:

I wonder what his reaction would be if he heard the whole "They kept trying to mould me into someone like Craig David, and I was so fed up of it that I went home and wrote Grace Kelly" story :naughty:

:naughty:

He probably knows and doesn't care.

After all, he's had worse to contend with than that - the whole Bo Selecta thing :naughty: I love Bo Selecta but always feel sorry for Craig nowadays!

:naughty:

He probably knows and doesn't care.

After all, he's had worse to contend with than that - the whole Bo Selecta thing :naughty: I love Bo Selecta but always feel sorry for Craig nowadays!

..always mind that bad or good quote, it remains advertising for CD:cool:

Sigh.

The Enemy and Hard Fi slagging Mika?? Have they listened to themselves lately?? Jam tribute band and Madness wannabees!

I don't care if they hate him. But why should they get away with saying that in a situation like this?

No, that shouldn't be allowed at all. It's disgraceful and it isn't fair. They are just jealous though, and have shown themselves up for the morons they are. I prefer to remember Kylie, and all the others at Jools Holland's New Year show, dancing round and singing along to Mika. Kylie and Paul McCartney are pop royalty, and THEY like Mika! Those others are the dregs, and not even worth our spit.

http://www.brits.co.uk

Love today, from Marilyn

Sigh.

i agree, but because Mika has openly stated that his music is like Marmite and that he knows some people can't stand it, people must ASSUME that he can take it and that it doesn't bother him.

It may not bother HIM, but it bothers US, and slating ANYONE on a personal ground should not be tolerated in any way, shape or form!

Russell Brand. :wub2:

People are gonna hate on Mika regardless.. It would've been a lot worse if some well respected artist slagged him off but come on, it's Hard-fi!

Dave Grohl likes him. :wub2:

HAHAHA! Sadly but true! i paid more attention to him than mika..*sighs*

Dave Grohl likes him..who cares about hard-fi anyway? :D