Shouldn't celebs pass a basic IQ test..

suzie

... before they are let to talk to the media???

:shocked:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=509292&in_page_id=1773

It must be embarrassing to all the people working with her, too...

I understand you don't need to know what the capital of Turkey is but when you have been there and use the trip to promote yourself as a "backpacker" who does not stay in fancy hotels and "go to places to be part of the culture" , you should at least remember the name of the city you have been to...:thumbdown:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:shocked: That's shocking!

In my experience geographical knowledge doesn't have much to do with intelligence :wink2: I know lots of bright people who couldn't locate their own hometowns on a map. Really!

Mika wouldn't have this problem of course - after all he did nearly do Geography. But that was just for the 'colouring in' wasn't it :naughty:

I don't think so... :no:

If you have just been to a place you should at least remember where you have been to, unless you are just another stupid blonde woman showing off with how extremely cool and cultured you are..:thumbdown:

:mf_rosetinted:

:shocked: That's shocking!

In my experience geographical knowledge doesn't have much to do with intelligence :wink2: I know lots of bright people who couldn't locate their own hometowns on a map. Really!

Mika wouldn't have this problem of course - after all he did nearly do Geography. But that was just for the 'colouring in' wasn't it :naughty:

At least Mika is brave enough to say he is rubbish at geography.

Just out of curiosity, did the interviewer not think of correcting her when she said it, or did they think it would be funnier to make her look stupid in print. How mature.

Just out of curiosity, did the interviewer not think of correcting her when she said it, or did they think it would be funnier to make her look stupid in print. How mature.

well, it sells...:mf_rosetinted:

Journalists will be journalists you know..:wink2:

Ahahaha, aww bless XDD

My geography's hilariously terrible, but I'm sure that if I went abroad to some other country, I'd be able to name the capital correctly at least :roftl:

(Mind you, I just randomly asked myself what the capital of Poland was, and I was like, "Errr, there's a capital of Poland...? :blink: " *ROFL*)

If you have just been to a place you should at least remember where you have been to

Well yes, you should. There isn't really a valid excuse I can think of for that!

Well that's the Daily Mail for you. They never miss an opportunity to make someone look stupid - especially a woman. :wink2:

I don't think so... :no:

If you have just been to a place you should at least remember where you have been to, unless you are just another stupid blonde woman showing off with how extremely cool and cultured you are..:thumbdown:

:mf_rosetinted:

I'm with you on this! I mix up the countries and capitals that are more towards the east all the time, but if you have actually been there... :blink:

Yeah, although i did meet someone once who thought Ireland was this made up fantasy place where the grass is eight shades of green and leprochauns make Guinness... :mf_rosetinted:

Oh yeah! And what was that thing where David Beckham said 'I would love for my child to be Christened... I'm not sure into which religion yet though....'

That was a good one.

The funny thing is that she was there.

How on earth do you spend days in a city, and not know the name of it? That I find hillarious.

This reminds me of when American Idol Kellie Pickler was on a gameshow, and announced that Budapest was in fact the capital of France. :roftl:

the link doesn't work, but is it the video that was on facebook? it reminded me of that one :naughty:

????????????

Anyway, to put an up-beat end to the story, our vice lord mayor has invited Charlize Theron to Budapest and they plan to take her to a famous Turkish bath if she accepts..

I hope she has a sense of humour:naughty:

Reminds me of Britney sayin something like: "I love going overseas, like Canada" :naughty:

HAHAHAHAHA that's awesome.

I love when people try to sound cultured by using terms like that. I knew a guy who said he studied abroad to impress the president of my university...and the pres was like "oh really...where did you study" to which he replied (*name of city that is only a 3 hour drive away*) THe look on everyones face was priceless!

People = Silly