The Australian Thread: Part Eight

Rainbow Sky

Aww, my brother knows nothing about cars :thumbdown:

I just got off my arse and went to deliver those invites. They look brilliant if I might say so myself, but laptop/memory card is throwing a spaz and not letting me upload images. My dog likes the sound of my new Cd player (okay, so most likely it's just the whirl of smells outside the window that he likes, but he had fun in the car is the point :naughty:) But I am yet to find the bass or sub woofer or whatever it is that makes the sound sound better button, which is probably a good thing considering the dog in the car :bleh:

My brother knows little about cars, but he knows alot about stereos and installing them in cars, and other places. And he set it up so that it sounded all good etc. I'm hopeless with any of that stuff

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother knows little about cars, but he knows alot about stereos and installing them in cars, and other places. And he set it up so that it sounded all good etc. I'm hopeless with any of that stuff

Damn, looks like sometimes they can be good for something :naughty:

I'm back!!

'Sweeney Todd' was brilliant. Well worth the wait. Very, VERY gruesome though. I was surprised at how good Johnny Depp was at singing. Is there anything that guy can't do?

The end was so tragic. :tears:

Ah yes, it is a very bloody movie. And the end is sad *doesn't mention what happens so as not to spoil for those who have yet to see*

I'm back!!

'Sweeney Todd' was brilliant. Well worth the wait. Very, VERY gruesome though. I was surprised at how good Johnny Depp was at singing. Is there anything that guy can't do?

The end was so tragic. :tears:

Very gruesome because your parents refused to go? (okay, I'll stop now, I almost believe you went :naughty:)

My friend wants to go see Juno tonight, has anyone seen it?

Juno is excellent, I recommend it :wink2:

Oh awesome, that's good. I was worrying that the adverts might be making it out to be better than it was, I hate when that happens. :thumbdown:

Okay, I gotta go get ready then.

Their having another election on Kid Nation next week, cool kids vs nerdy kids basically - no way are the nerdy kids going to win, and no way are the cool kids going to be good leders ... I love this show so much :naughty:

Lol, this nudist scuba diving instructor on Along Came Polly is hilarious - but I am going now - Good bye! :mf_rosetinted:

If he released Relax here, I am sure it would be a success. I would have released that instead of Big Girls here, thats for sure.

:shocked: I have been saying that I reckon Aussies would LOVE Big Girl .... from the first time I heard it !!! Couldn't WAIT for it to be released here !!! :thumb_yello:

We have to think like Mika would -

If I release Relax in Australia, it would be a surefire hit. That means a bloody tour.....URGH who wants to go to Australia? Not me!! I'll just give 'em....um...*eeny, meeny, miney, moe* .....Big Girl!

:mf_rosetinted: .... only a tad cynical.... much ??? :mf_rosetinted:

Seriously .... what ASTOUNDS me soooo much .... is that ppl can feel angry or resentful about other peoples pleasure , enjoying , &/or being excited about Mika gigs around the world .... :blink: ...... meh .... I just DON"T get it ...... :no::giveup:

:shocked: I have been saying that I reckon Aussies would LOVE Big Girl .... from the first time I heard it !!! Couldn't WAIT for it to be released here !!! :thumb_yello:

:mf_rosetinted: .... only a tad cynical.... much ??? :mf_rosetinted:

Seriously .... what ASTOUNDS me soooo much .... is that ppl can feel angry or resentful about other peoples pleasure , enjoying , &/or being excited about Mika gigs around the world .... :blink: ...... meh .... I just DON"T get it ...... :no::giveup:

I can't speak for everyone, but I think it's not a matter of feeling angry or resentful of other people's pleasure. Rather it is is more displeasure at being told we should be grateful we can see the pictures and hear the reports, that is, know exactly what we're missing out on, rather than wish, or in many cases, complain or voice our desire for him to come here (as is within our rights, after all, we do want to see him, so we can say we wish he was coming here all we want, and we were disappointed when he didn't)

I think it was the fact that such statements normally come from people who have seen him many times.

Basically, it can be interpreted as someone who has had many chocolates saying. "Hey, don't complain about you're chocolate bar being stolen, because, hey, I have another chocolate bar, and I'll eat it in front of you so you can see what you're missing and see how much I enjoy it"

At least that's my interpretation.

I'm excited for the others especially those I'm close to. I still wish he would tour here though, and I always will.

hey im an aussie too. i live in melbourne would it be possible if i became a member 2?

<3 tiff

:wub2: HIYA TIFFANY !!!! Welcome to our Aussie thread ..... & sure you can become a 'member' ..... well, you are welcome anyway .... :wink2: .... tho' if you are asking for a Mikamite # ..... I'm sure Rainbow Sky will sort it out for you as soon as she next comes online here ... !!! :thumb_yello:

Juno was good, you were right soangel :bleh:

Now, I wonder who that song was by ... it's sooo stuck in my head now.

Basically, it can be interpreted as someone who has had many chocolates saying. "Hey, don't complain about you're chocolate bar being stolen, because, hey, I have another chocolate bar, and I'll eat it in front of you so you can see what you're missing and see how much I enjoy it"

Okay, I'm sure we all feel it, but this thought / topic (even this metaphor) has been repeated about 800 times in this thread since the shows started in N America and it's getting boring and annoying. Yeah, it sucks, okay, lets stop focusing on it, and just be fun again. :wink2: I think Tiffany here just strolled in, thought "wow - er ... nice people" and backed away.

*puts on goggles and dives in glitter pit and resumes rolling* :mf_rosetinted:

hey im an aussie too. i live in melbourne would it be possible if i became a member 2?

<3 tiff

Hey Tiffany! Welcome!!! :yay:

I'm going to go to bed. I have to wake up at 7am tomorrow for work!

Goodnight everyone!

Nighty night. 7am? That sucks and is ridiculous :thumbdown:

G'night SD ..... I'll be going soon too ..... have a wedding to go to tomorrow !!! *waves*

A wedding! Exciting - who's is it? I've never been to a wedding :bleh:

:I have been saying that I reckon Aussies would LOVE Big Girl .... from the first time I heard it !!! Couldn't WAIT for it to be released here !!!

.... only a tad cynical.... much ???

Seriously .... what ASTOUNDS me soooo much .... is that ppl can feel angry or resentful about other peoples pleasure , enjoying , &/or being excited about Mika gigs around the world .... :blink: ...... meh .... I just DON"T get it ...... :giveup:

hahahahaha! I was only being silly ;)

I know the poor boy is working his tiny butt off and he works so hard that compared to my 38 hour week, I feel so slack :naughty:

He will get here eventually. It's just a matter of time, but in the meantime I want to have fun putting sh*t on him (In a lovable way, naturally :naughty: ) He's only been popular for a year, for goodness sake LOL!!! But in that year, he has been to a lot of places. He's been here for one show, and other places he's been to twice already. But you can bet on it he will do a freaking good show to make up for it here!!! Oh yeah baby!

And regarding Big Girls - we will just have to wait and see :) That particular track will give non LICM listeners to hear Mika sing at a not so high level, so maybe a lot of people will tune in to see what else he has to offer.

A lady at work said to me a few weeks ago that if he had of released Happy Ending first, she would like him much more than she does. :boxed:

<3 tiff

Hi Tiffany!

This is a new interview with a bit more info on the sound of the second album.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1101995&postcount=1

and this is a link to part of what will become a huge FAQ sticky for new members. I found it quite interesting...

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=413240&postcount=86

Hi Tiffany!

This is a new interview with a bit more info on the sound of the second album.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1101995&postcount=1

and this is a link to part of what will become a huge FAQ sticky for new members. I found it quite interesting...

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=413240&postcount=86

Thanks Mouselle. I'd seen the FAQ cos the link is in yop's siggy, but didn't catch that article. Another interesting read.

:wub2: G'night SD ..... I'll be going soon too ..... have a wedding to go to tomorrow !!! :shocked: *waves*

I have a wedding to go to today too (it's not the same one is it? :shocked::roftl: )

We went out for dinner last night and one of the guys ate the 1kg rump steak, which meant he got his photo taken to go on their fame wall. (He also had an entree and was going to have dessert but changed his mind and had another drink instead :shocked::roftl: )

Juno was good, you were right soangel :bleh:

Now, I wonder who that song was by ... it's sooo stuck in my head now.

Okay, I'm sure we all feel it, but this thought / topic (even this metaphor) has been repeated about 800 times in this thread since the shows started in N America and it's getting boring and annoying. Yeah, it sucks, okay, lets stop focusing on it, and just be fun again. :wink2: I think Tiffany here just strolled in, thought "wow - er ... nice people" and backed away.

I know we have. I think we're just going to have to accept the way things are now though and work on making it like the old days, rather than lamenting the loss of the way things are in the old days :bleh:

And which song? (I downloaded the soundtrack the day after watching it :naughty:)

HOOPLA AUSSIES!!!

Geez... good to see you missed me and decided not to post in my absence...

We'll see ya when you get back Meegs!

...this post was brought to you by jetstahhh!!!

OMG!!! That reminded me... did you hear about how Jetstar have been cancelling flights then kicing people out and telling themm to go home??

Unbelievable!!! I'm never flying Jetstar again!

I was tempted to say something snarky to the person,, but I can't be bothered..

Hoopla Teegs!!!!!!

1, *looks at you* You're always polite :naughty:

2, it's like being told you can't buy your favourite chocolate anymore and having someone offer to post photos of them eating it for you..

3, *msn wtf smiley* (you know the one I mean)

I understand.. will still catch you around in other ways hopefully.. *hugs*

Now Kelz, don't be nasty!

And was the naughty emot hinting that I'm not polite???

Admittedly, I can be a real b***h... shouldn't be surprised...

I'm sure he'll come before he's in a wheel chair.. I just don't like to be told to STFU and live through other peoples experiences especially by someone who's gone 400 times.. I've (we've) heard it too many times on this forum.. I'm getting to the point that I don't want to come here anymore due to having my hopes crushed.. everytime I'm reminded that we're not on the touring list I get a lump in the back of my throat and want to kick something... and that's the truth.. So yeah.. I need to stay away from the concert reviews..

I stay away cause usually people are nice in there... I don't read them unless a friend is going...and the last one I read was 17th of Nov in Glasgow...

I know how you feel, I love reading the reports, etc but really wish we had something to look forward to. As much as I wasn't keen on the whole festival scene it was better than nothing......

I am really surprised so many of us have stuck around with no word of a concert (imagine how many will be on here when we do get news )

Right, gotta go to bed, it is too late for me here in Adelaide and I have a horrible store I have to visit early tomorrow moring who hate my guts cause they don't want to do anything the correct way..... Wish me luck cause I am gonna need it to get out of there without being yelled at.......

OG... the thread will be full of people...

But we need to remember we're not the only ones who don't get a concert in the forseeable future (like NZ, Asia, South America, I believe there are people in South Africa too...)

Jols... my advice... yell back... it may not solve anything, but I'm sure it makes you feel a whole lot better...

I'm sure once his new album is out and after practice they'll first do a tour in England then maybe they'll head to Aus. He can't stay away from there forever! I'll make a bet that he makes it back there before I do.

Sure... I bet he does Europe... maybe the US and Canada again... then maybe the rest of us...

But you'll still possess some confusing urge to chase down the old man with the lucious white curls

Least they'll be real grandma curls!

Some handy facts from our friends at www.ilovepickles.com :

North Americans prefer pickles with warts. Europeans prefer wartless pickles.

Refrigerated pickles account for about 20 percent of all pickle sales.

International Pickle Week is one of the country's longest running food promotions --it's been observed for more than 50 years. IPW actually runs for 10 days during the last two weeks of May.

According to the U.S. Supreme Court, pickles are technically a "fruit" of the vine (like tomatoes), but they are generally known as a vegetable.

Pickle Packers International has its own official limerick and theme song - the Pickle Polka.

Good pickles have an audible crunch at 10 paces. This can be measured at "crunch-off" using the "scientific" device known as the Audible Crunch Meter. Pickles that can be heard at only one pace are known as denture dills.

... so who's ready for the upcoming IPW 2008? We'll sing the Pickle Polka all week long whilst using the Audible crunch Meter to compare pickles!

OG... this is what happens when I'm not on for a few days???

Obviously I make things normal around here..

So glad I am not the only lonely one to feel this way about the concert threads. I love looking at the photos and what not, but it truly gets me down as one of them (Sivan, I believe) has been to his concerts 10 times and I'm like WTF and I feel completely out of touch with the 'real fans' as I have not even seen him once....Good for them to see him so many times but OMG that will never be me

And another thing is there a secret society in here in which certain, selected members know the goings on behind the scene, gossips and what not? Because I feel out of the loop so much it's just not even funny.

*pats Aaurora*

I sorta feel the same... though I have seen him before, it's like 8 months ago... I got a little annoyed when people who had seen him a few weeks ago said "Come back here!" when most people are waiting to see him for the first time...

And I'm sure you'll see him... when he comes back... you'll have to join in with us on our Dream Tour!

Don't worry, I feel out of the loop and I'm a mod (and should know stuff)...

My personal favourite is the one in which the two guys play the piano. Gets me everytime.

When it's one my older brother and I just sit there trying not to laugh but we usually crack up half way through.

And the old guy at the end.. "Can you teach me to play like that?!"

As much as I don't really enjoy those sorts of ads (I don't have an ED prob!), that one is funny..

And I see the black undies on one of them when he jumps..

<leaves a sorry card and some flowers for Nico>

Morning/Evening all

<drinks tea> etc

AWWWWWWWW FREDDIE!

Thank you verra much!

Make sure you look in the British and proud thread..

Hiya Soy .... I'm having a bit of a GRRRRR .... moment about the way Job Network & Centrelink are treating my daughter .....

Grrrrr... don't talk to me about Centrelink... stupid bastards!!!

Go and cancel my money... *grumbles about incompetent people*

I saw your post on the petition thread Aaurora about the secret society and feeling out of the loop... Wasn't sure if you were making a joke or serious. It can get a bit like that in here (the MFC as a whole, not the Aussie thread). I always feel like i'm the last to know something that everybody else is already aware of. Even when i thought i had a scoop with the date of Big Girls being released, Jolene had told everyone about 3 days before! Oh! Big Girls is being released either on Saturday or Monday! i'd completely forgotten about it. *makes plans to go to JB Hi-Fi at Woden as I KNOW Sanity won't have it*

Admittely, Jolene is our google whore... was pretty impressive, cause someone needs to find info for those of us who are lazy... :naughty:

Hi HK! I wasn't referring to the Aussie thread in the first part of my post, I meant the MFC as a whole. I'm not bothered by it, I just think i'm a bit slow on the uptake sometimes. But the scooping thing about Big Girls? I was soo excited at the fact that I might have something interesting and worthwhile to share with the Aussies and then found that they already knew! It just took some of the wind out of my sails. It would have been my first (and probably only) scoop cos I'm not a google whore (google and i don't always see eye to eye on what search terms i should be using to get a particular result) and I'm not on here as much as some others. And i don't tend to watch video shows (we don't even have cable) or listen to the radio much, so i'm usually a pretty useless source of information. That's all i meant.

I'm the same... I get on here, thinking I've found something out that's exciting and I've been beaten (usually by DC or RBSKY)...

Yay found the release date for Big Girls on the Big W website :) 4th Feb

Woooooot! Being from a regional town where theres no HMV, JB Hi-Fi, Myer or anything good, im hoping the big W here has it monday

http://www.bigwentertainment.com.au/product/big_girl_1559348_49159.html

Cool... I already have it (I thought they wouldn't release it here cause they skipped it)...

Wow... you don't even have Myer??? Do you live in the outback of something??? :naughty:

*says the person who lives in the supposed outback*

Maybe??? Well, as much as we don't want the release date pushed back too far the song really needs to be on the radio, etc for people who don't already have the album to hear what it sounds like! Hmm, maybe some performances on Sunrise and Rove would help sales hint hint...

*cough*oraconcerttour*cough*

Part two... *cough*

Hhhhhhhmmmm .... I know most of the Aussies AREN'T online at the moment .... but I feel to say this anyway ....... you can take it up with me tomorrow if need be ..........

It feels to me that THERE HAS BEEN ALOT OF COMPLAINING LATELY ...... about Mika .... about stuff going on here in the Aussie thread .... personal and/ or public ......... bitching , subtle scratching .... & generally NOT getting along .... loving each other .... which , I remember, only a few weeks ago ...... was NOT an issue ..... I feel sad ...... & wonder where/why our family has had to disappear (to) ...... ?????

I DO feel dis-enchanted ..... whereas up until now ... I have felt bewitched .... I dunno .....it has been said that in some way ...... the Aussies are like a solid cornerstone to the MFC ..... yes, we are few in number .... tho' great in strength, humour, acceptance & appreciation ...

I always felt that we DO embody these characteristics ..... only this last two weeks has made me wonder ...... 'why so much bitchiness, resentment, anger, towards Mika & sometimes, each other ????? '

Personally .... I DON'T get it & ....... I'm not here for that ...... so ...... hey .... ... what's a Glitter Room for if we don't (roll in it) use it ... ???!!!

*apologises*

Part of that was me...

I'm not taking all the blame though :mf_rosetinted:

I've discovered the Mika-Sydney-concert-thread (I don't remember how, even?) and have been reading, enthralled. I love how when you read threads it's like it's all happening as you read it. You get all caught up in the excitement of the posts

... AND I'M SO ****ING JEALOUS OF YOU LOT!

You'll have to come on our tour too! We'll all have a fabby time together!

(we really will need to steal the Priscilla bus now! :naughty:)

I'm with Happikali! Quit the bitching, and get back in the glitter room right now! "Spray on the glitter, fools!"

*salutes*

Yes boss!

HK, do you mean in this Aussie thread? I noticed people talking about the amount of chatter maybe 3 days ago, but that was all I noticed. I am out of the loop again. But I have noticed a decline in posts in this thread. 2 pages from last night compared to a usual 15 or 20?

I have to admit, I've been a little bit annoyed with the MFC as a whole over the last week. Maybe I am hormonal. Maybe I am depressed seeing all the reviews and upcoming gigs that I just can't stop looking at for updates...my own fault!! LOL I find the Aussie thread is somewhere I can feel a part of, that I belong. I'd hate for people to be fighting in here, considering everywhere you turn in other threads people are disagreeing, fighting and being b*tchy.

So much Internet DRAMA

Honestly, you don't wanna know...

That was why I stayed off for a few days...

But I think we're all good now? Right?

And it's so good you're feeling like you're a part of the Aussies! *huggles Aaurora*

Honestly, the fighting will die down while he's touring... always happens.. if there's no Mika news, people get a little narky..

Actually, it occurs to me that some of our regular posters like Armande, Scut Monkey, RBW SKY etc haven't been around much or at all and that may be affecting the number of pages also??

OG... you're right!

I knew RBSKY was gone (only cause I was waiting for a response about Bundanoon), and I've seen Scut on MSN so I haven't really missed her... but where is Armande??? *looks in glitter room*

They must all have more important lives than us

Not more important... just more time consuming...

Wow- only a page of posts to catch up. I was thinking there would be 20.

Yeah, I know Raisin Sky hasn't been around much lately (I sent her a message on facebook but didn't hear back, hope everything is okay) and I wondered where Armande had gone to? She used to always be on here. Scut is studying for an exam I think??

right, am going back to write dumb reports and casually glance at the reports coming in from philly....

There was 20 for me... Scut's already done her exam (is just too lazy to log in)

Okay, Does anybody else watch Arena/E! on Foxtel?

Well, I was just watching Arena, and It was one of them E! Exclusives I think [not sure] but they said something about Mika, Britney and James Blunt all competing for Worst Album of the year!

Did anybody else catch that?

Nope... don't have Pay so I miss all that stuff...

But as of the 11th of Feb I'll be watching tv... GOOD NEWS WEEK WILL BE BACK ON!!! *does happy-GNW-is-back dance*

No! Sacrelige! (particularly considering I am a fan of two of those three artists)

*hopes she's not talking about Mika* :naughty:

C'mon, you've got to love anything Billy Ray Cyrus produced, including his children!

Admittedly his mullet was pretty impressive...

That's funny you did that- I walked past Sanity today and thought about asking them (but Sanity don't know **** so it would have been a waste of breath)

Grrrr... stupid Sanity... I asked them and the Virgin store about V Festival and had no clue what I was talking about (even though they were supposed to be selling tix)

We have to think like Mika would -

If I release Relax in Australia, it would be a surefire hit. That means a bloody tour.....URGH who wants to go to Australia? Not me!! I'll just give 'em....um...*eeny, meeny, miney, moe* .....Big Girl!

:lmfao:

So I got a new stereo and speakers and my brother put them in the car for me.

Least your brother does stuff for you... though mine is washing the dog so I don't have to do it (but he's doing it in the bathtub :blink:)

Ah yes, it is a very bloody movie. And the end is sad *doesn't mention what happens so as not to spoil for those who have yet to see*

NOOOOOOOOO!

*blocks ears so she doesn't hear anything that will give the story away*