The Appleman : The Return of the Jedi (part 3)

Yoppappop

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So unimaginative, her name was Kit, but I loved her to bits.:wub2:

Maybe my neighbours do gossip about me or call me a witch maybe, but I only have 3 cats.

:naughty:

I wouldn`t care that they would gossip about me or call me a witch, I actually am one :naughty: I am charmed by the cat-godess and when I was in London in December, I saw a little exhibition about her in the British Museum. Have you seen it?

We're doing cat talk tonight!

Sienna, I have, at the moment, a ginger one, a fluffy tortoishell and a black and white.

niice:naughty:

although i must admit i'm not a very big fan of cats. they kinda scare me. it sucks when superstition gets the best of you.:thumbdown::mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

I wouldn`t care that they would gossip about me or call me a witch, I actually am one :naughty: I am charmed by the cat-godess and when I was in London in December, I saw a little exhibition about her in the British Museum. Have you seen it?

No, I haven't been to the BM for years. :blush-anim-cl:

What are the superstitions about cats in Egypt??

very unlucky.. in the past they were associated with supernatural things.. and they're thought to be a lot less loyal than dogs.. and harmful to pregnant females (no idea where that came from):mf_rosetinted:

uhh prejudice!

i'm actually not a very superstitious persosn at all.. maybe it's a subconcious thing?

I'm liking the cat talk! I love animals:wub2:

You know, years ago I used to think that I didn't really like cats (not sure why) but it was just cause I never knew any.

Now I am hearing so much about cats, and I've even met some, and I think that even though I will still always be a dog person first, I would like to get a cat as well some day.

The only problem would be convincing my dogs, haha, as they don't like cats at all:naughty:. Actually that is an understatement: they hate cats!! Imagine the state of the house if I'd bring one home, I would have a big battle here and no house left the following day:roftl: .

In case anyone's interested, here some pics of my dogs:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sariflor/Gossos

They are sweeties:wub2:. The boy (Max,the black labrador) is going to be 5 in april, and the girl (Nyla, the alsatian) is 5 in september.

Incidentally, they have just brought out these stamps in the UK that have a few pictures of "working dogs" and one of them is a police dog who is a brother (from the same litter) of my dog Nyla!!!

How cool is that?!

This is him here, he's the one (obviously:naughty:) on the stamp with the 48 on it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7227176.stm

Fame at last! I saw your dogs on facebook!

I also love all animals and always had dogs as a child. I didn't really know any cats.

When I rented a flat in Ladbroke Grove though, this little cat made friends with me, it was that way round and used to wait for me on the wall every day. So I got used to cats and said that as soon as I got my own flat I would get one.

So I think I had been moved into my flat for about two weeks before I got my Kit, and have never looked back since. I wouldn't like to be without animals in the house now, I don't think.

Fame at last! I saw your dogs on facebook!

I also love all animals and always had dogs as a child. I didn't really know any cats.

When I rented a flat in Ladbroke Grove though, this little cat made friends with me, it was that way round and used to wait for me on the wall every day. So I got used to cats and said that as soon as I got my own flat I would get one.

So I think I had been moved into my flat for about two weeks before I got my Kit, and have never looked back since. I wouldn't like to be without animals in the house now, I don't think.

I know, I think that once you've lived with animals, you just can't do without!!

That story is cute. That's what they say about cats isn't it? That they choose their owners, lol!

My bitch is a bit like a cat personality wise: she doesn't really like other people, and is quite wary...It's an alsatian (as in the dog!!) thing I think, but as she's my first alsatian,I don't know.

The lab will just go and give anyone love,hahaha!!

I've had all sorts of animals: hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits, ducks, chickens...even quails for a while which must be the ugliest and unfriendliest things ever:roftl:

very unlucky.. in the past they were associated with supernatural things.. and they're thought to be a lot less loyal than dogs.. and harmful to pregnant females (no idea where that came from):mf_rosetinted:

uhh prejudice!

i'm actually not a very superstitious persosn at all.. maybe it's a subconcious thing?

are they ?! :boxed: they used to be adored like gods ! i mean were considered as alive representations of egyptian gods... when a cat died in a family, every member had to shave their eyebrows in sign of mourning... and hurting/killing a cat could lead to death penalty...

has it changed, then ?? well, i mean it sure has :naughty: :naughty: but from one side to the opposite ?! :blink: now they're considered as unlucky things ?! weird... well, they are my lucky things... i'm still living in ancient egypt :mf_rosetinted:

are they ?! :boxed: they used to be adored like gods ! i mean were considered as alive representations of egyptian gods... when a cat died in a family, every member had to shave their eyebrows in sign of mourning... and hurting/killing a cat could lead to death penalty...has it changed, then ?? well, i mean it sure has :naughty: :naughty: but from one side to the opposite ?! :blink: now they're considered as unlucky things ?! weird... well, they are my lucky things... i'm still living in ancient egypt :mf_rosetinted:

Can't disagree with that.

Oh cat talk.

We have two kittens, a ginger and tortoise shell brother and sister. Their adorable, and the ginger one (roger) seems to think I own him, since out of everyone, he prefers me. His always climbing in my lap, or following me around and lying near me.

The only problem is, I'm allergic to cats... so if I run out of allergy tablets I have to avoid them. Yet still I'm a cat person

i was allergic to cats (like VERY allergic, looking like a balloon everytime a cat was around) until i got one :naughty: i was born with a cat at home, no problem... then she died, and i started being allergic, itchy crying double sized red eyes, running nose, sneezing, etc. until i got the one i was begging for for years... but my mom (logical thinking, doesn't work woth me) was telling me "see what you look like when there is cat around, and you want one in the house ?! :blink: "... i won, got a cat, and never been allergic again :thumb_yello: got 3 cats since then...true story !! well... unless some intrepid hair go directly into my nose... can't fight against mother nature, i guess :fisch:

wooooo wooooo cat talk :wub2:

my cat is the woman of my life...now I'm just missing the man :naughty:

I love her, can't imagine living without her. I study away from home and live alone, so she's my company all day...would go crazy without her noises from time to time :wub2:

I even talk to her (like she knows what the heck I'm saying :mf_rosetinted: ) and she always sleeps next to me LOL

01zp9.jpg

this is my kitty Tsuki

isn't she lovely??? :wub2: :wub2:

I knew apples could not be nothing but cat people :biggrin2:

I have two (btw, yours looks very pretty, Jujuzita! love the eyes.. :wub2: ), a female and a male.

female's called hermione, male tumnus. they are both very cuddly, though very different, and really really affectionated. i could not imagine home without them now :thumb_yello:

I've been stuck in here for a year now

Belated congrats!! :yay:

And seriously - it could be worse! :wink2:

Oh and I really wonder why your signature still makes me smile...

I have a fridge magnet that says: My cats let me live here!

And sometimes I think it’s actually true.

That rings true :naughty:

Also the other one 'home is where the cat is'

Sweet...

imag0013bo9.jpg

and evil...

imag0026ur3.jpg

...and a bit possessive:

imag0044qz2.jpg

You know, years ago I used to think that I didn't really like cats (not sure why) but it was just cause I never knew any.

Now I am hearing so much about cats, and I've even met some...

I see, you have taken in the fact that cats are the better humans *visualizing Sariflor shaking hands with yet another cat* :thumb_yello:

...what's the story behind your new pink avatar?

are they ?! they used to be adored like gods ! i mean were considered as alive representations of egyptian gods... when a cat died in a family, every member had to shave their eyebrows in sign of mourning... and hurting/killing a cat could lead to death penalty...

has it changed, then ?? well, i mean it sure has but from one side to the opposite ?! now they're considered as unlucky things ?! weird... well, they are my lucky things... i'm still living in ancient egypt

I've seen a documentary about Egypt a while ago where they were interviewing some German expats living there. They had dogs taken with them there and said they could only walk them at night when not many locals are around as dogs were hated and having dogs as pets was considered something weird.