The Appleman : The Return of the Jedi (part 3)

Yoppappop

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i don't think anyone doubt it :fisch:

i think i'm going to bed too, girls... gotta work tomorrow... sometimes, i forget :naughty: it's sooooooooooooooooooo un-interesting :thumbdown:

Good night Yop! Maybe I'll post with you in March sometime...this turned out to be a night where I could spend an hour here at this time...despite it being a holiday called "Family Day".:naughty:

Excuse my "quoting posts in the wrong direction" (from new to old) but I tend to read the threads from end to start....yes, freak, whatever, heard it all before:naughty:

I have taken "crotch" pics before - just not Mika's.

It was clearly in front of me blocking my view of the stage - so it was by accident - that's my story and I'm not changing it.

Suzy!!

I kept meaning to ask you about that pic!!! I want a copy!

The only reason I didn't get one as well is that he moved too fast and my camera was off,heheh.....It was such a funny opportunity.

I'm not very good at being an unconditionally loving fan.

--Jack

I think you are- to me you clearly seem to feel that way about Twat Royale Mr Wolfie Wolf...

For some reason (which you're obviously perfectly entitled to) you feel differently about Mika, but that doesn't mean that you should feel that way about him.

I like to think that people with different degrees of obsession...erm...liking:naughty: for his stuff can still come together here/at concerts and get whatever they want out of the whole experience.

No?

Here's the actual post.

Today the International day , devoted tolerance !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I am glad to congratulate darling MIKA on this holiday! Because owing to its music the huge quantity of people was united and has made friends. All of us different also we belong to different people, different creeds, at us various outlooks on life... But one in us will be constant and is significant is a love to darling MIKA. Both respect and the kind attitude each other. Thanks, darling MIKA! Your songs learn me to kindness, learn to be pleased lives, have learned to have fun and to not hide the feelings and emotions. My soul again is opened, how at the child! And I am not afraid to seem ridiculous... You the kind and fine wizard!

and here's Lena's thread.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8280&page=10

Thanks, that you at us is !

:roftl: This is the sort of stuff money can't buy.

Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm here. Just a few sporadic hours a day...I choose not to post because I can't seem to commit to continue the discussion and feel bad when I have to suddenly log off...March will be a better month for me.

I totally understand you and feel the same way Suzy...my hours on mfc are very limited nowadays due to a combination of new (much more demanding) job and BF getting a little irritated that I don't pay him attention,and I really miss it.

I often feel that I don't have tme to post and reply to people and be a part of a chat, cause I will have to go soon, so I just avoid it and only read...Really, why can't I win the lotto so I can post all day?:sneaky2:

:naughty: Good plan. I wonder if I have time to put together a Fine Wizard poster. Do you have a wand? I love how ours have shown up in almost every batch of photos and videos out there.

Bab has a wand from like forever ago!! She was the pioneer.

It's okay Nicka, Suzy and I have our own clique that you're all excluded from.

Sniffffffffffffff.........I thought I had joined the clique by joining the Torontian gig..

If it's anything like Canada you're going to have it baaaad.

May I add: VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY BAD!

I know, Christine! Ok, so I will never be one of those people who say that the earth stands still and the stars and sun shine out at once when Mika steps on stage, but I frickin' love the guy--despite, by the way, the fact that I still think he ad I don't really click and that we may not necessarily get along that well if we met in real life. My liking and admiration of him is not anchored in some hope that he'll fall in love with me or be my super-best friend. I do happen to have some annoyances with some of the ways he does stuff, but hey. I have annoyances with my friends and family and other people I admire too.

Avoca, I meant that he gave us all a year to stare at his arse when he went around with his pants falling off. :naughty: He's decided we've had enough now and is wearing belts!

--Jack

Please don't crush my dreams:blink:

I think you are- to me you clearly seem to feel that way about Twat Royale Mr Wolfie Wolf...

Not at all... :boxed: I don't post on his forums and read up all about him, do I? I do think his live performance was one of the best show experiences I've ever had, and when he comes back, I am going to as many of his shows as I can manage.

But.

But.

I don't think his music is as good on CD as it is live. I don't think I would like him in real life all that much (as opposed to Mika, whom I think I would like but it would not be mutual) and his personality doesn't inspire all that much interest in me--which is why I don't seek out the Patrick Wolf fan club to join. My admiration for him is intense, but confined entirely to his ability to create an exhilarating live experience and his magnetic stage presence. It does not go beyond the stage.

I think he could do better with his marketing, I don't think he interviews half as well as Mika, and I do think his tendency to speak before he thinks or considers is rather childish.

I spend my time discussing Mika, not Patrick Wolf, whom I mention only passingly. The fact that I don't feel any desire to talk about PW all the time is indication enough. It also means that obviously the only thing people hear from me on PW is a very small portion of what I may actually feel or not feel.

--Jack

oh shut up you ! vegetable !!!! not even a fruit :sneaky2::thumbdown::mf_rosetinted:

That's right I am a vegi!!!! I'm bringing diversity to the apples! Watch in time some of you will become a vegetable to!

You need to be beet, young lady. :naughty:

See, even babs thinks so:naughty:

i'm still there :biggrin2: i don't think i'm going to work tomorrow :fisch:

Not at all... :boxed: I don't post on his forums and read up all about him, do I? I do think his live performance was one of the best show experiences I've ever had, and when he comes back, I am going to as many of his shows as I can manage.

But.

But.

I don't think his music is as good on CD as it is live. I don't think I would like him in real life all that much (as opposed to Mika, whom I think I would like but it would not be mutual) and his personality doesn't inspire all that much interest in me--which is why I don't seek out the Patrick Wolf fan club to join. My admiration for him is intense, but confined entirely to his ability to create an exhilarating live experience and his magnetic stage presence. It does not go beyond the stage.

I think he could do better with his marketing, I don't think he interviews half as well as Mika, and I do think his tendency to speak before he thinks or considers is rather childish.

I spend my time discussing Mika, not Patrick Wolf, whom I mention only passingly. The fact that I don't feel any desire to talk about PW all the time is indication enough. It also means that obviously the only thing people hear from me on PW is a very small portion of what I may actually feel or not feel.

--Jack

agree and agree... but i haven't seen a lot of interviews of PW... i just thought he just looked like a little cute child... which actually prevented me from listening to what he was saying :naughty: i was going all "oooooooh !!! he's so cuuuuute !!" (which is ABSOLOUTELY not me, btw :boxed: )

i'm waiting for him to do a show here, cause the only thing i've seen from him is the support mika thing, and i haven't had enough...

That's right I am a vegi!!!! I'm bringing diversity to the apples! Watch in time some of you will become a vegetable to!

NO WAY :mf_rosetinted:

Awwwww...they are so adorable soangel. Are they brother and sister?

The Patrick Wolf/Mika thing...I think a lot of it is down to circumstance and judging one performance better than another has nothing to do with being an unconditional fan.

Mika's last Toronto show is the best concert experience I've ever had in my life but much of that was to do with the size of the club, the fact that we were front and centre and the energy of the crowd. Mika can take a lot of credit for the energy of the crowd and the fact that his tendency to look at us on a regular basis made being front and centre such a phenomenal experience.

But if you had transplanted that exact same performance onto the Brixton Academy stage and shoved us third row off to Mikey's side I can guarantee we wouldn't have walked away with the same sense of it being the best concert we've ever seen. Not for me anyway, since in my time I've felt Bono's sweat drip on me and watched Michael Hutchence move in ways that Mika only aspires to.

I spent a couple of hours with Patrick Wolf in a small room that may as well have been my own living room. Even though I generally prefer Mika's voice and songs, inasmuch as I know about these things, I felt that PW is a more accomplished musician. He impressed me as much as Mika did the first time I saw him. And PW's show ranks much higher than Mika's Brixton show for me.

But I expect PW opening for Mika at Somerset House was nothing like my viritual living room performance so I don't expect people who are only judging him on that basis to see him the same way.

Even though you've moved past the cat posting pics stage, I'd thought I'd share my kitties

IMGP0005-1.jpg (this is them now)

And this is them a month ago

IMGP2718.jpg

(I was uploading pics today and thought I'd share)

We're never past the cat posting pics stage here soangel!

Adorable.

mwah, mwah, from me.

Aww, soangel, the kitties :wub2:

The ginger one reminds me of my Tomcat Wim. Sadly, he passed away 8 years ago already. Still sad...:tears:

Jack - I see my past self in those fans who've just finally seen and met the Wiz for the first time. I was ga-ga like that...I've since come down from that high...I get a "buzz" now and again, but it'll never be the same. He's ignored me too many times now. :naughty:

I guess ga-ga-ness will be perfectly back for me next week. Not sure about the extent, though :mf_rosetinted:

he hates us all. that's why he's never at the gigs we attend. esp. if we had to fly thousand miles to come and see him :mf_rosetinted:

Nah. Don't generalize. :mf_rosetinted:

And all the Christines around will run towards you and the fine and kind master immediately (I hope it will only be Christine and me though :naughty: )

You wish!

And now I feel excluded and victimized.

Yeah they are. My brother brought them home one day (one of his friends cats had had kittens), and instead of being his cats they took more to me and dad :bleh:

Oh, your cats are adorable!:wub2:

Is the ginger cat a girl? (Looks a lot like one of my cats)

Isn’t it sweet when cats do that? Makes their own choice of whose cat they would like to be?:wink2:

You wish!

And now I feel excluded and victimized.

Sorry :blush-anim-cl: ! But welcome to my world :mf_rosetinted: .

I'm looking forward to next week. We can found an exclusive Christine's only club and all the others will feel excluded and victimised. That will be fun :naughty: .

Soangel, I love your kittens. The ginger one is adorable :wub2:

I'm gonna add my opinion in here... cause I can...

Nice videos Bab. :thumb_yello:

What happened with EnFa? Is she coming back?

I'm getting the distinct impression that what's brought on this latest round of vague lectures is some younglings sniping at one another. Maybe it's insensitive of me but I can't really take that seriously and wish the whole board wouldn't get dragged into it by making some generic thread that is effectively directed at everyone on MFC.

Someone has even implied in PM that I am responsible for people leaving the board and if this is just a bunch of teenagers acting like teenagers then please leave me out of it.

What annoys me is people come out and say "People have been mean to me" but won't tell the mods...

It's entierly posssible that's where it started Christine...

I don't know about EnFa, I spoke to her on myspace a week or so ago but we didn't talk about this, maybe time to find out.

Not only is it a generic thread, but a bloody generic threat, at least that's how I feel about it.

I'm not saying I have never said anything sarcastic (far from it) or sniped at anyone, but I have had my share back too.

I think that this is like real life. If someone is upsetting you, you need to deal with it. We have mods to help with this as not everyone is capable of doing so.

I don't know why I'm talking about this in here really.

It's just the one place that I hope I can ramble on in my own half-assed way and not be lectured or patronised by people half my age.

I just wanted to point out the mod thing... that's what we're here for...

Excuse me, Christine, but WHO else should sign responsible for the migration if not you? :blink::naughty:

Interesting phenomenon, though: just drop in a few blurry hints on how 'some might have noticed a massive change (such as occasional lack of :yay:) - et voilà: everyone is feeling guilty.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with Christine... there are more argumentative people on here than her...

I'm glad this thread is back up on top. By the way, do I lose my status as "the one who likes Mika" now? Due to the last thread I started, people tell me that apparently I hate the man!

To show just how much I hate him I'm about to spend several hours finishing and polishing the FAQ...

--Jack

Oh yes... you're spending all that time doing the FAQ cause you hate his stinking guts... :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah. Show me the link before I report you all to the mods. :sneaky2:

*cough*

I am implacably resentful. :naughty:

I just can't let it lie.

Of course - you'd understand anyway.

nicka, basically, I read a post in Lena's thread (you know the Russian girl who uses a translator) and she said in a post, speaking of Mika " you the kind and fine wizard" which made me laugh a lot. I told Christine, Suzy and Kata and Christine kindly (and finely) made our nice signatures. Suzy also put some nice wizard hats on some other pictures. I will try to find the link.

Ahhh... I get i now...

Knew there was a reason I lurked here...

I'll get her in about one and a half weeks. Of course I'll share pictures :naughty: . I know you are the ones who will definitely appreciate them most :thumb_yello:

I'm sure she'll like you... food and toys can help though :naughty:

Though cats do have minds of their own and can be quiet stubborn.... so I've found.

Can't wait to see pics

Aww that's cute

I wonder what my cat will be like. And I wonder if she'll like me at all :blink: .

If you feed her, she'll like you! :thumb_yello:

And maybe you will notice that the times she'll like you the most will be those when she feels like eating. :naughty:

Sorry :blush-anim-cl: ! But welcome to my world :mf_rosetinted: .

I'm looking forward to next week. We can found an exclusive Christine's only club and all the others will feel excluded and victimised. That will be fun :naughty: .

Sounds like a plan... :roftl: