The Appleman : The Return of the Jedi (part 3)

Yoppappop

Now I'm officially excited! I just packed my stuff for London and I get all shaky when I think about flying tomorrow. For the first time on my own :blink: . Not that I'm afraid alone but flying alone. I don't know. Anyway, I'll see most of you tomorrow (if I survive the flight). I hope I can sleep at least a bit tonight. I think I'll get me some ice-cream now.

See you.

:punk:

Oh, and I visited my future cat yesterday. Can't wait for Sunday :wub2: .

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Apples! Wow, it's been ages since I've posted here. I thought I'd pop in and say hello, and to let you know I'm still alive! LOL! :naughty:

I do love this thread...gets the wheels in my brain turning.

Hi Mango!

I actually had to think about you a few days ago and wondered where you were hiding :naughty: . Nice to see you back :thumb_yello:

heading to london at 6:43am tomorrow :boxed: :boxed: :boxed: why on hell am i doing that ?? can someone remember me why ??? that's torturing myself...

Rani, i'm still waiting for the vids of vancouver... you have one week from now on :naughty:

Have a good flight Haeschen !!!

heading to london at 6:43am tomorrow :boxed: :boxed: :boxed: why on hell am i doing that ?? can someone remember me why ??? that's torturing myself...

Rani, i'm still waiting for the vids of vancouver... you have one week from now on :naughty:

Because you so desperately want to meet me again :mf_rosetinted: .

And maybe some other people :naughty:

Olivia, here is a link to download Holy Johnny! It took forever, because the file is HUGE (almost 300mb). I will try to compress it later, but if you don't mind taking the time to download it, you can see it in it's original glory. It has the end of Billy Brown, then they go right into Holy Johnny, and Greg's washboard lesson. :naughty:

Let me know what you think!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yva1rb

By the way, if you see Mika, ask him if he's stalking me. :roftl: Just kidding!

Scut--I wouldn't say I agree with most of what the blogger said really though. :-P Saying that Mika's tv appearances don't compare to his live shows isn't the same as saying they suck. Some of them are quite fun to watch--just, not up to his live standards.

Suzy--I love your new title.

Yop, Haeschen, everyone else--have fun in London! I am pretty mad jealous.

Take a nice group photo for me please!

--Jack

Have a safe trip, everyone who's going to London! I hope that you have a blast and take many high-quality photos and (non-existent) arse shots to fill Bab's album and make us envious. :naughty:

Hi Apples! Wow, it's been ages since I've posted here. I thought I'd pop in and say hello, and to let you know I'm still alive! LOL! :naughty:

I do love this thread...gets the wheels in my brain turning.

Welcome back! I've missed you. How've you been? :original:

Scut--I wouldn't say I agree with most of what the blogger said really though. :-P Saying that Mika's tv appearances don't compare to his live shows isn't the same as saying they suck. Some of them are quite fun to watch--just, not up to his live standards.

You're right that some of his TV performances are fun to watch, but I agreed with the blogger that Mika's Brits performance sucked: all he did was walk up and down and look smug, and the singing itself was off too due to bronchitis. The only interesting part of the performance was the duet with Beth Ditto and the pretty backgrounds. Or maybe I'm being harsh because I've been spoiled by the standard set in his live shows? I dunno.

Hey Apples! It's great to see DaMango and Scut here...:wub2:

Thanks for the compliment Jack, but I've had that title "Candy Apple" before -I changed my avatar (picture of me courtesy of suzie from Budapest, Hungary who some of us Apples met in London.):bleh:

I just want to brag a little, if I may. I've been busier than normal the past several weeks because both my son and I have been studying. He was studying for the Regional Spelling Bee, and I, an exam, for work.

My son, Jeremy, finished well in the Bee this evening. The Greater Toronto Area started off with approx. 30,000 kids and the top 73 made it to the Regional finals.

IMG_1314.jpg

It started with 73 Spellers.

IMG_1313.jpg

Jeremy was 4th out of 73. He was the last boy.:thumb_yello:

IMG_0697.jpg

We're very proud of him. This is the same kid I picked up at daycare one afternoon, when he was only 3 years old, only to discover from the childcare workers there, that he was reading already (I never taught him).

Anyways, we went to eat out at a restaurant afterwards (Jeremy's pick was a Japanese restaurant that cooked the food in front of you), and there were some ice sculptures we came across - this one grabbed my attention straight away. :naughty:

IMG_0703.jpgIMG_0704.jpg

And this one too. (That's Jeremy's shoe in the shot)

IMG_0705.jpg

good morning all!:)

:wub2: :wub2:

hi Suzy:)

Hi Suzanne! Fancy meeting you here, too!

Wow! Congratulations to Jeremy!

No 4! What an acheivement!

You must be really proud!

Thanks babs! Yes - we're very proud!

Hey Apples! It's great to see DaMango and Scut here...:wub2:

Thanks for the compliment Jack, but I've had that title "Candy Apple" before -I changed my avatar (picture of me courtesy of suzie from Budapest, Hungary who some of us Apples met in London.):bleh:

I just want to brag a little, if I may. I've been busier than normal the past several weeks because both my son and I have been studying. He was studying for the Regional Spelling Bee, and I, an exam, for work.

My son, Jeremy, finished well in the Bee this evening. The Greater Toronto Area started off with approx. 30,000 kids and the top 73 made it to the Regional finals.

IMG_1314.jpg

It started with 73 Spellers.

IMG_1313.jpg

Jeremy was 4th out of 73. He was the last boy.:thumb_yello:

IMG_0697.jpg

We're very proud of him. This is the same kid I picked up at daycare one afternoon, when he was only 3 years old, only to discover from the childcare workers there, that he was reading already (I never taught him).

Whoa...

Gifted...

:blush-anim-cl: I think my spelling of achievement was wrong. :blush-anim-cl: Don't tell Jeremy what dunces you have for friends!

Pfft... sarcastic wit wins him over - he shares the same type of humour that happens around here (sometimes much to my dismay :naughty: ). Won't let him read this thread for a few years yet though...Let me continue living in denial that my 12 year old isn't corrupted by society yet. :naughty:

Congrats to Jeremy, Suzy! He sounds like a smart cookie, you must be proud. :original:

Are those ice sculptures? Was it that cold in the restaurant? How can one eat at that temperature without freezing their fingers off? :lol3:

Ha ha! No - the ice sculptures were outside, Scut. That's a picture of tables and chairs outside on the patio. :naughty: We were nice and cozy, eating inside. :roftl:

Whoa...

Gifted...

Ssshh...don't tell him that. He's too cool and afraid to be labelled as the "smart kid". He never even told us he won the Spelling Bee at school several weeks ago! The vice-principal wrote us a letter that I just happened to find in his knapsack. :blink:

Hey! Apples! Come back here and give us the unique apple spin on the gig reports!!

Not to mention gossip and meet-up info!

By the way, I'm really sorry you had the crappy experience with people showing up late and taking front row places without waiting. :thumbdown: (Although it makes sense that of Mika wanted to include Holy Johnny in his stage show, he'd want him up front.) However, the thing with people saying that they have trouble walking or standing even while wearing high heels and whatnot, and getting front row because of it? That's really not cool. :sneaky2:

Especially since front row isn't even a good place for anyone with a disability! There's tons of pushing there, and no place to move or breathe, and you still have to stand up all night just like in any other place. If anything, people who have trouble standing up should either be placed towards the back, where they can have an easy access to the exit of they start to feel unwell, or else the venue can place them in the VIP section where they can sit down.

But in any case, people with disability have a right to expect venue accommodations that allow them to be comfortable, but a disability does not mean a right to the first row.

--Jack