REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS for Mika in Los Angeles, CA -- Wiltern: 11-02-2008

dcdeb

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha I was thinking about how it was just the most... interesting mix of guests. I would never, ever think of putting Larry and Cable Guy and Mika in the same sentence let alone see them on the same show.

Update: Unfortunately it is my time to be off to bed. I am tired and I have school tomorrow. Yech. I shall fall asleep watching Ryan on Conan -rowl- and dreaming of Meeks. Night luv!

I loved the way Larry moved around Jay to shake Mika's hand and Mika's face just lit up. Such a random meeting, those two.:bleh:

Oh yes....Ryan was lovely on Conan...I fall in love with RR more everytime I see him.

ARTSY!!:lmao::lmao:

*msn slap*

Bad poodle! NO! We don't quote mad joker pics. Once for posterity is fine, but lingering on the thing is bad.:naughty:

This is my favorite piccie of him:mf_lustslow:

What is it about a man with dark curly hair?:wub2:

It seems like so many of my heroes have black or brown curls.

I loved the way Larry moved around Jay to shake Mika's hand and Mika's face just lit up. Such a random meeting, those two.:bleh:

Oh yes....Ryan was lovely on Conan...I fall in love with RR more everytime I see him.

*msn slap*

Bad poodle! NO! We don't quote mad joker pics. Once for posterity is fine, but lingering on the thing is bad.:naughty:

hmmmm I don't know what it is about him... This is going to sound so cheesy lol

I knew I loved him before I even saw him:wub2: I heard him warming up before they let me up stairs...and I thought to myself "Oh boy, I'm going to end up loving him too..."

My dad dragged me to a show of his and then we met him afterwards. I agree with you about his act (it's not funny at all) but he is very friendly and fun to talk to in person. He actually made some pretty funny remarks while we were speaking to him; maybe he just overthinks it when he gets on stage?

*kidnaps Nathan so she can pet his hair whenever the mood strikes*

hmmmm I don't know what it is about him... This is going to sound so cheesy lol

I knew I loved him before I even saw him:wub2: I heard him warming up before they let me up stairs...and I thought to myself "Oh boy, I'm going to end up loving him too..."

No, I get it. Sometimes you just know.:thumb_yello:

*msn slap*

:roftl: I thought it was an awesome, pic.

Just keep reading...it gets better. I love the line where we would follow him off a cliff. :roftl:

Buzz Bands: Kevin Bronson on the music scene in Los Angeles and beyond

Color me disappointed in having missed the Mika spectacular Monday at the Wiltern. Yes, I fall distinctly on the "hater" side of this Europop phenomenon -- his cringe-worthy exuberance reminds me of every girl in my high school who ran for class president. He seems to acknowledge and even play to his detractors too, as Mikael Wood's excellent review of the show pointed out.

But more than one faithful Buzz Bands correspondent who attended found it as entertaining for the audience dynamic as the wildly choreographed stage show. Here was the reaction of the pal who sent the above photos:

The crowd would have followed him off a cliff if he asked them to. There were three O.C.-type college girls with homemade "I" "Heart" and "Mika" on their T-shirts, and they always walked around in order, so they would read "I Heart Mika." I was floored by the number of straight guys in the audience -- guys who did not come with girls. Not hipster metro straight, but baggy jeans, sweater, baseball cap and glasses straight. The performance was totally solid, completely charming, with tons of energy -- even with the multiple extended intros to songs while the set changed. There was a puppet, snow, a giant inflatable doll, plush costumes, costume changes, characters, dancers -- if Peaches got a lobotomy, tons of money and was forced to watch children’s programming all day, this show would be the result.

So take that, haters.

Just keep reading...it gets better. I love the line where we would follow him off a cliff. :roftl:

Buzz Bands: Kevin Bronson on the music scene in Los Angeles and beyond

Color me disappointed in having missed the Mika spectacular Monday at the Wiltern. Yes, I fall distinctly on the "hater" side of this Europop phenomenon -- his cringe-worthy exuberance reminds me of every girl in my high school who ran for class president. He seems to acknowledge and even play to his detractors too, as Mikael Wood's excellent review of the show pointed out.

But more than one faithful Buzz Bands correspondent who attended found it as entertaining for the audience dynamic as the wildly choreographed stage show. Here was the reaction of the pal who sent the above photos:

The crowd would have followed him off a cliff if he asked them to. There were three O.C.-type college girls with homemade "I" "Heart" and "Mika" on their T-shirts, and they always walked around in order, so they would read "I Heart Mika." I was floored by the number of straight guys in the audience -- guys who did not come with girls. Not hipster metro straight, but baggy jeans, sweater, baseball cap and glasses straight. The performance was totally solid, completely charming, with tons of energy -- even with the multiple extended intros to songs while the set changed. There was a puppet, snow, a giant inflatable doll, plush costumes, costume changes, characters, dancers -- if Peaches got a lobotomy, tons of money and was forced to watch children’s programming all day, this show would be the result.

So take that, haters.

What a great review!!! Very different from the normal!! :thumb_yello:

Okay, lol, this is going back a few pages but...

I like to think so, but it doesn't explain how he still knows all the little details.:blink:

I think besides his OCD, dyslexia, and compulsive lying, he's hiding another disorder from us: Unnatural memory.:naughty:

I knew about the OCD and dyslexia (and unnatural memory!), but why is our Mika a compulsive liar? :shocked::bleh:

OH MY GOODNESS YOU HUGGED MIKA AFTER THE CONCERT!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU ARE SOOOOO LUCKY!!! :shocked:

Yes, twice!:wub2: The first one he intiated it, but on the second one I did....the one in my siggy is the 2nd hug :naughty: Luckily it don't look as awkward as it felt :bleh: He didn't know it was coming I guess.....silly Mika

HI by the way! It was nice meeting you! I'm in love with your accent:blush-anim-cl: