Are we too attached to Mika's band?

lollipop_monkey

We never got a chance to chat with Sara at all....and I was at 3 gigs!!! It would've been nice but she and Cherisse always seemed to be ushered into the venues before everyone else.

I like her....I do but I think I am still living in the past and am holding on to the original band :naughty:

She is incredibly talented and I loved her performance in Montréal when she sang SexyBack and she and Mika dueted on When Doves Cry!! It was amazing!!!

Mika's show is always changing and who knows....one day Sara may actually have a bigger part in Mika's songs...like an actual duet with Mika on a song he wrote?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...one day Sara may actually have a bigger part in Mika's songs...like an actual duet with Mika on a song he wrote?

For the live shows, or on the album with credits and all? As in, "Here's <Song Title> by Mika, featuring Saranayde?"

I wonder how that would go over...

For the live shows, or on the album with credits and all? As in, "Here's <Song Title> by Mika, featuring Saranayde?"

Not well, I'm guessing...there are still people on here that are just plain vicious when talking about her; I can't imagine giving her a larger part would make them kinder to her.

I would think it would be received better if it was only for the live show but until people get over whatever it is about her that bothers them, there is no way to know and I don't think it will happen anytime in the near future, that's for sure.

Not well, I'm guessing...there are still people on here that are just plain vicious when talking about her; I can't imagine giving her a larger part would make them kinder to her.

I agree.....I don't know what the big problem is with Sara....she hasn't done anything wrong...she doesn't try to upstage Mika....everything she does is because Mika has said "This is how the show will go" and if she did anything he didn't like, he would let her know immediately.

I know!!

There is one thread with a poll about how you feel about her on stage.....*shudders* Does it need to come to that?

Poor girl...all she wants to do is sing and the possessiveness of fans for Mika has overridden her chance of being accepted unconditionally....

And now this thread has turned into a discussion of Saranayde....again :naughty:

That's my biggest fear. If nothing else, I stress to the haters that this is a very PUBLIC forum, and she could be lurking around somewhere reading those awful remarks.

Not only her but Mika could sign on at any time. I'd hate to have either of them get the impression that she's not wanted or have either of them disappointed in the MFC, because out of all the fans everywhere, Mika fans should be the most welcoming. Accepting yourself and others, it's what his music is all about.

Anyhow, I'm done ranting about this subject....we're all in agreement.:naughty:

And now this thread has turned into a discussion of Saranayde....again :naughty:

*steers thread back on topic*

Not only her, but the others, too - one day, Luke is replaced by some fifty-something Italian fellow with a bald spot and a penchant for throwing bubblegum at the audience, or something...

*steers thread back on topic*

Not only her, but the others, too - one day, Luke is replaced by some fifty-something Italian fellow with a bald spot and a penchant for throwing bubblegum at the audience, or something...

:naughty:

Good God please don't let that happen!!:roftl:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

And with that image in mind....

I have to go to sleep....2 more hours and I have been awake for 24 hours.....my brain is mush....it doesn't help to keep going to the Mikagasmic pictures thread either.....:boxed:

She wooed us by coming out and talking so candidly with her pretty l'il accent.

That and Andrew is madly in love with her, so I'd best stay on her good side. :naughty:

Awwwwww.... that's so cute..

Is it because they think I'm not worth answering or because they know they're hating someone for no particular reason?:naughty:

The former Arts... :naughty:

It's inevitable that eventually the originals will leave, to further their own careers or do other things. It's a big commitment being with Mika. He tours such a lot. He's hardly at home and so neither are they.

Is Martin married? I've seen a wedding ring on his finger, and seen an interview where Mika said he'd had to replace Martin for a while, at some stage, because Martin had a baby (obviously his wife did) but if that's true, and Martin does have a wife and child, it must be very hard on them if Martin is away from home such a lot!

It's inevitable that eventually the originals will leave, to further their own careers or do other things. It's a big commitment being with Mika. He tours such a lot. He's hardly at home and so neither are they.

Is Martin married? I've seen a wedding ring on his finger, and seen an interview where Mika said he'd had to replace Martin for a while, at some stage, because Martin had a baby (obviously his wife did) but if that's true, and Martin does have a wife and child, it must be very hard on them if Martin is away from home such a lot!

Yeah, he's married with 2 children :wink2:.. which is a shame on the kids for not getting to see their dad much :sad:

I wouldn't say I was over attached to the band although it will be very weird when one or more of them moves on.

Of course they are part of the whole and very important parts musically speaking, of course, but I really do see Mika as a solo artist through and through. When I saw my only show to date, I hardly noticed the band, visually at least - I was completely focused on Mika and that's how it should be, in my opinion.

I'd be sad if one of them left - especially Martin, as he does seem to have such a genuine rapport with Mika, and I associate Martin with so many of Mika's early acoustic live performances...:wub2:

I'm sure Mika would be sad to let any of them go too, but he is a professional and would soon make the adjustment.

And who's to say they couldn't return now and again for one-off shows and the like? That would be cool.