Are we too attached to Mika's band?

lollipop_monkey

So I was thinking. In the past year or so, MFCers have gone to Mika's gigs, some even following him around, basically hanging on to his every word.

All that love started to spill over, though, and I think many of us have gotten quite attached to Mika's band members. No question that they're all talented, charming people - after all, they have their own threads, and got their own gift books. :roftl:

But the fact remains that Mika is a solo artist, and chances are that some day sooner or later, we'll see a change in the band lineup. My question is - when the day comes that a member (or members) of the band move onto other things, how are we going to feel?

I know I'll certainly feel a twinge, since they have all played major roles in the Mika magic to date, and their chemistry is obvious. It actually makes me a bit wistful to think of someone else on keyboards, or someone else in Mikey's spot...sigh.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually just thinking that. Stop reading my mind.

Because you hear the band members say stuff like "I've played for a bunch of different bands before Mika..." etc. Got me thinking...who's to say this is their last stop?

I'd miss them. I think it happens to a lot of fans of different bands though.

I don't think MIKA could have chosen a better band and it's all his fault that we love them so much :wub2: MIKA's the main man but the band really supports him and MIKA needs them right back for a lot of different reasons. :biggrin2: I'm going to be really upset when one of them moves on to a new project or when one of them gets replaced, but that's just how it works and you've got to go with it. I don't know if I'm making sense or not :bleh:

I'm actually more interested in the band off stage than Mika because they are down to earth and accessible. I know that's Mika's nature too but it's just not the reality anymore.

I'd be interested to see if Mika uses any of them in studio this time or if they're going on an extended break while he records the album.

Mika has a really good chemistry with Martin in particular so it would be a shame if they separated for his sake as well as the fans.

I was actually in shock when I saw the thread posted about a rumour that Mikey had left the band :shocked:

It was almost devastating!! To think that the next gig you go to, there would be no more Mikey (or any of the band members) doing their solo or seeing that Mika-band member interaction anymore.

Would the drum solo be the same if it wasn't Cherisse and Mika battling it out and watching Mika pour water on Cherisse while she doesn't expect it....

Would the Mika-Mikey bum wiggle be the same in Big Girl?

Would the new keyboard player be able to hit that right note on the keyboard during Grace Kelly when Mika can't get it? :roftl:

And would Love Today sound the same if Martin didn't get his solo on the acoustic guitar?

Sure I think we may be too attached to the band members but honestly, there has never been a solo artist with a band that is more a part of the artists performance than Mika's band....

Most bands are just there to back the artist (just my opinion...) and aren't incorporated as a part of the act.

We all know what song features which band member and look forward to the live performance because of that special moment....

I also realize, like everyone has said, that this is not the first band for these members and it may not be their last. I just want to live in the moment and enjoy them being part of Mika's band and not worry about it until I absolutely have to :naughty:

Just my two cents...:wink2:

well said beck.... 2 kudos ;o)

I think about that every time I visit Lukes myspace or see pics of them from the gigs. :tears: It will be a tough adjustment indeed, if not nearly impossible.

becks said it perfectly

Thanks!!!:blush-anim-cl:

and Shontih...I love the quote in your siggy!!! I loved Juno and say that quote to my friends all the time...they think I am weird!!:roftl:

I say so?:mf_rosetinted:

I think about that every time I visit Lukes myspace or see pics of them from the gigs. It will be a tough adjustment indeed, if not nearly impossible.

becks said it perfectly

Just like Shontih said, they're also working on their own music careers! Saranaye and Luke have their own songs too! and im sure the rest of the gang are workin on things!

I'll be happy to see them move onto bigger things of their own, but I'll feel devastated if they leave the group...

I can't imagine the whole group not being together or complete. Yes, mika is a solo artist, but it seems like him and cherisse, luke, martin, mikey, and sara too, have gained great friendships. I mean, it's not like they'll stop being friends or anything if they leave, but I just love seeing everyone there together at the gigs. Seeing Cherisse at the drums and her awesome hair flyin everywhere :lol3: she awesome haha :wub2: and her and mika's drum battles :naughty:

and martins amazing guitar skills and wonderful smile :wub2:

and mikey's hair and crazy bass light up skills :naughty:

and of course luke's skills and handsomeness in the corner of the stage... they really should move him a bit closer xD

And saras cute dancing and prettiness and wonderful voice:wub2:

Just like how Lorna left.. We got angry and it was hard to adjust with Sara.. and they're the backup singers! i mean, they still have a big role, but imagine the guitarist or drummer!

anyways, we must not get too distraught and sad when any one of the moves one... that will be a sad day indeed :tears:

And perhaps if they go on to touring of their own they'll go along with Meeks on his tour. After all, many of us are going to be their most rabid supporters :naughty:

That's a good point. Many of us would be buying tickets to see their shows (thinking of Luke and Sara) as solo artists. Touring with Mika, and getting exposure to his bubbling-with-star-love fans will do great things for their careers. :punk:

I'd be interested to see if Mika uses any of them in studio this time or if they're going on an extended break while he records the album.

I've wondered about that as well... based on the last album, it seems

like Mika will be looking for a variety of musicians, outside of the band.

That's a good point. Many of us would be buying tickets to see their shows (thinking of Luke and Sara) as solo artists. Touring with Mika, and getting exposure to his bubbling-with-star-love fans will do great things for their careers. :punk:

I often think that Luke in particular realizes the value of cultivating us

as fans (with all of his recent blogs and messages)...

for whenever his career diverges from Mika's. We're a

built-in fan base, aren't we? :thumb_yello: I'm sure that I'll

continue to follow at least his career, and probably the others' as well.

dcdeb

Exactly. :mf_rosetinted:

And, like deb said, I think Luke realizes this. He's really been luvin on the MFCers and the attention we give all of the band members.

Yes!!

In Toronto we got a chance to chat with Luke and we told him that he should release an album of his songs cuz we all would buy it and he said "Really? I can't do that" like he didn't want to do anything outside of Mika's world :naughty:

He couldn't believe our response to his music....

oh Luke. :wub2:

i'd like to think i would continue to follow him post-Mika.

i dunno about Sara though...i didn't really notice her in SLC. :blink:

I know what you mean.....

Sara is talented (and I realize I did not include her in my initial post) but I don't know if I am as big a fan of her as I am of the rest of the band. I like her and have no problem with her on stage (except when she gets in my way while trying to take pics of Mika :naughty: true story). She is a backup singer and other than the duet with Mika, she really isn't a huge part of the show....does that sound rude? It's not supposed to be. :boxed:

My confession: (although it's already been said here)

I live in horrible, stomach-turning fear of the day one of the members moves on.

I love them all and it's going to hurt so bad when they inevitably seperate from Mika.:tears: That being said, OF COURSE we're going to still follow them around when they're on their own. It's going to be so exciting to see what they can all do (especially Luke or Saranayde) when they get center stage all to themselves.

It would be sad to see anyone of them go, but I'm there for MIKA first!! Each and every member of the band has qualities that make the show, but there is always someone else that will be able to play an instrument just as good or better than other. I've grown to really enjoy and appreciate each member for what they contribute, but MIKA and his music/lyrics......etc. is what I am truly attached to.

i dunno about Sara though...i didn't really notice her in SLC. :blink:

Really? I had the opposite experience. I found that while Mika was at one end of the stage, she'd be at the other end - clapping, dancing, generally engaging the crowd.

She's totally won me over. :wub2:

I was wondering about that.... :blink: Hm. Maybe the other cities just didn't get a chance to see the side of her that we did? Otherwise we just love everyone, no matter what, in LA. lol

There are freaks in LA; I know my experiences there have made me a bit more tolerant and less judgemental of others.:naughty:

She wooed us by coming out and talking so candidly with her pretty l'il accent.

That and Andrew is madly in love with her, so I'd best stay on her good side. :naughty:

You're right; it was mostly the coming out with Luke before and Cherisse after that made me adore her.

And now that you've disclosed that bit of info, I'll be sure to tease him next time I see him.:naughty: