Are we too attached to Mika's band?

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All that love started to spill over, though, and I think many of us have gotten quite attached to Mika's band members. No question that they're all talented, charming people - after all, they have their own threads, and got their own gift books. :roftl:

anything wrong with that?! :sneaky2:

Noooooooooooo!!!! I dont even want to think about the band going their separate ways. Although Mika is a solo artist i think all the band members perform well as a group and heve great chemistry. I think i will have to go and lie down now my head hurts just thinking about it. lol :band:

Yeah, he's married with 2 children :wink2:.. which is a shame on the kids for not getting to see their dad much :sad:

That is such a shame! I don't know how someone can go away and leave their wife and children. I certainly don't envy Martin's poor wife and children, even if they do get good seats if they go to see Mika and Martin perform. I don't think that would make up for hardly ever having the husband and father at home

You'd be surprised at how many people think that way.

No, they're just holograms.

Oh, okay.

LUKEEEEE.... LUKEEEEE... I am your employerrrrrrrrrrr.....

So I was thinking. In the past year or so, MFCers have gone to Mika's gigs, some even following him around, basically hanging on to his every word.

All that love started to spill over, though, and I think many of us have gotten quite attached to Mika's band members. No question that they're all talented, charming people - after all, they have their own threads, and got their own gift books. :roftl:

But the fact remains that Mika is a solo artist, and chances are that some day sooner or later, we'll see a change in the band lineup. My question is - when the day comes that a member (or members) of the band move onto other things, how are we going to feel?

I know I'll certainly feel a twinge, since they have all played major roles in the Mika magic to date, and their chemistry is obvious. It actually makes me a bit wistful to think of someone else on keyboards, or someone else in Mikey's spot...sigh.

What do you guys think?

I've been thinknig the same. But after all, Mikey did say Mika's the best act he's ever been with. :roftl:

I was actually in shock when I saw the thread posted about a rumour that Mikey had left the band :shocked:

It was almost devastating!! To think that the next gig you go to, there would be no more Mikey (or any of the band members) doing their solo or seeing that Mika-band member interaction anymore.

Would the drum solo be the same if it wasn't Cherisse and Mika battling it out and watching Mika pour water on Cherisse while she doesn't expect it....

Would the Mika-Mikey bum wiggle be the same in Big Girl?

Would the new keyboard player be able to hit that right note on the keyboard during Grace Kelly when Mika can't get it? :roftl:

And would Love Today sound the same if Martin didn't get his solo on the acoustic guitar?

Sure I think we may be too attached to the band members but honestly, there has never been a solo artist with a band that is more a part of the artists performance than Mika's band....

Most bands are just there to back the artist (just my opinion...) and aren't incorporated as a part of the act.

We all know what song features which band member and look forward to the live performance because of that special moment....

I also realize, like everyone has said, that this is not the first band for these members and it may not be their last. I just want to live in the moment and enjoy them being part of Mika's band and not worry about it until I absolutely have to :naughty:

Just my two cents...:wink2:

I aggree m8

I've been thinking about this lately, too..

It would be pretty crushing for me, honestly, but like others have said, you kind of have to expect it, I'm sure they'd want to move on to bigger things for themselves.

But the way some people are attached..what if Andy ever left? Or Mika's bus driver. The cleaning lady?...:naughty:

I've been thinking about this lately, too..

It would be pretty crushing for me, honestly, but like others have said, you kind of have to expect it, I'm sure they'd want to move on to bigger things for themselves.

But the way some people are attached..what if Andy ever left? Or Mika's bus driver. The cleaning lady?...:naughty:

If Andy left I would die....:mf_rosetinted:

Just kidding....I am not that attached....he just wouldn't let me take a pic of him in NY ...:thumbdown:

I know what you mean....

I waited so long to see Mika and the crew for the first time....I don't want to see the next tour without them...

I loved the shows but didn't really stop and think about them too much cuz I was to freakin' excited to just see Mika perform. I would like to go to a gig and just be there, not be snapping pics like a mad person.

Even though Mika has always been the object of my affections I've always really looked forward to seeing the band. They just became a part of it, a part of him. For me, at least.

She really is. I'm glad Mica's found her for the shows. She always gives 110% and just fits in perfectly, I think.

Yes, same here! I mean, duh I was excited for Mika and possibly meeting him, but it's also exciting to meet the other people who help make the shows what it is. They're all such talented people!

Sorry to get back on the saranayde topic, but I just have to say, I wasn't sure what to think of her at first and thought she had a tendency to upstage Mika, but after seeing her live I fell in love. She definitely won me over! Love her! I think she also really adds to his live show and gave it a little more since I last saw Mika.

Isn't funny that all of us have thought about this before? we're all so in tap with each other

anyway, I have thought about this, and I don't know, I think it's bound to happen eventually and when that day comes it's going to suckkkk.

How can you not get attached to the band ? Mika is a solo artist no doubt, but his band mates really add something special to the show too, they're great, and its a little family up there on stage.

But until then I've decided not to think about it too much :bleh: