Are we too attached to Mika's band?

lollipop_monkey

Oh, okay.

LUKEEEEE.... LUKEEEEE... I am your employerrrrrrrrrrr.....

Noice!!!

My niece can do that scene by herself... it sounds hilarious...

I'd also be sad if they all left because I love all of them and still haven't met any of them!:boxed:

I've met Mika, but not his band.:tears:

Saranayde did respond to a message I wrote her, though. What a sweetie!:wub2:

I'd like to meet them all... eventually... :naughty:

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we too attached to Mika's Band?

Good question, but it's the same as being attached to Mika, isn't it?

I mean, Mika isn't going to be single forever, neither is he going to sing for the rest of his life. Heck, even if his life (like yours and mine) is going to end at one point.

What I'm trying to say is that nothing is forever, no matter how much we want it or cling on to it. I get attached to things very easily and that's why I still have a lot of toys in my room :roftl: but that's a different story.

I am terribly sad at Luke's departure just like everyone else, and shocked at the rumour of Mikey leaving which turned out to be untrue.

I think one of the reasons why we're so attached to the band is because they make themselves available to us and they make us feel like we're on that level, rather than the "superstar ---> fan" status. (not saying Mika ignores us, because he definitely doesn't).

But that's not really our fault. We have a choice as to whether we want to talk to them or not (like after a gig, for example).

Mika has a fantastic band and of course it will be sad to see them go. We have grown quite close with them after all, especially Luke, because he talked so directly to us.

Are we too attached to Mika's Band?

Good question, but it's the same as being attached to Mika, isn't it?

I mean, Mika isn't going to be single forever, neither is he going to sing for the rest of his life. Heck, even if his life (like yours and mine) is going to end at one point.

What I'm trying to say is that nothing is forever, no matter how much we want it or cling on to it. I get attached to things very easily and that's why I still have a lot of toys in my room :roftl: but that's a different story.

I am terribly sad at Luke's departure just like everyone else, and shocked at the rumour of Mikey leaving which turned out to be untrue.

I think one of the reasons why we're so attached to the band is because they make themselves available to us and they make us feel like we're on that level, rather than the "superstar ---> fan" status. (not saying Mika ignores us, because he definitely doesn't).

But that's not really our fault. We have a choice as to whether we want to talk to them or not (like after a gig, for example).

Mika has a fantastic band and of course it will be sad to see them go. We have grown quite close with them after all, especially Luke, because he talked so directly to us.

I think it's fine to be attached to the band... I mean, it makes us more sad if something happens, but it's not really a big problem.

I mean, they're a whole part of the Mika family and experience, so how can we not love them? They've mostly been there since the beginning, so we've had them with us, and when they leave we're bound to be sad. Like with Luke :tears: They're just so genuine and kind and amazing, just like Mika. It just comes with the package of loving Mika (for a lot of us).

We can try to not be attached, and I don't know about you, but I get attached to people and things very very easily.

And well said Caz :bleh:

because of recent developments, i would say yes... we are too attached to the band. that's what happen when people are really nice!

but i have to take a step back and remember that on my ticket, it said Mika, not Mika and the band. so mika is a gimme, but the band may come and go.

i'm still scratching my head... :blink:

• 5 months later...
So I was thinking. In the past year or so, MFCers have gone to Mika's gigs, some even following him around, basically hanging on to his every word.

All that love started to spill over, though, and I think many of us have gotten quite attached to Mika's band members. No question that they're all talented, charming people - after all, they have their own threads, and got their own gift books. :roftl:

But the fact remains that Mika is a solo artist, and chances are that some day sooner or later, we'll see a change in the band lineup. My question is - when the day comes that a member (or members) of the band move onto other things, how are we going to feel?

I know I'll certainly feel a twinge, since they have all played major roles in the Mika magic to date, and their chemistry is obvious. It actually makes me a bit wistful to think of someone else on keyboards, or someone else in Mikey's spot...sigh.

What do you guys think?

thats exactly what happened when luke left. i almost cried.

• 1 month later...