Mika Had Bronchitis

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Perhaps he just doesn't rest enough so it never fully goes away? Then again, after he's on holiday for a few weeks every now and then, he seems to get sick all over again... And now I'm back where we started. :boxed:

Perhaps it's a combination of being prone and not letting himself fully heal.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the interview. They should make more interviews together. It´s so funny. Even more when mika is a bit tipsy :roftl:

Hope he´s gonna be better for the next week, so no worries. But a warning: if you´re sick, don´t touch him, don´t look at him or he will get whatever you have :bleh:

yes, vocal chords and bronchials are very different, and he'd better have bronchitis than nodes on his vocals chords... but bronchitis affects his voice in the sense where he can't push it (even to chat, not only to sing) as much as he would like cause it's painful in the chest (i feel like repeating myself :naughty: )...

might be because he's not very used to using it that much, but i would say he's been trained since his youngest age and the technics are aimed not to damage your voice using it regularly, so he'd better change his technics :blink:

i think it's more a matter of being careful when on tour in winter ! and maybe he's just the type who catches everything that is around :blink: and even more on tour...

and yes, he should shut the f*ck up :biggrin2: the last next days to rest and get warm, and take antibiotics if necessary...

Mika gets sick so often because he is constantly in inclosed rooms with hundreds to thousands of people from all over of which all of them are carrying germs and about a third of them are contagious. He touches so many people and interacts with the fans so much more than most artists. Therefore there is a bit of a price to pay for all of that and he gets sick often.

take your vitamins Mika!:wub2:

Thank you!

Mika gets sick so often because he is constantly in inclosed rooms with hundreds to thousands of people from all over of which all of them are carrying germs and about a third of them are contagious. He touches so many people and interacts with the fans so much more than most artists. Therefore there is a bit of a price to pay for all of that and he gets sick often.

take your vitamins Mika!

wonders...will mika ever stop hugging fans???:shocked:

I havn't gotten mine yet :sneaky2: just an arm around my shoulder:wub2: nontheless, I woke up sick!!!:punk: I caught HIS germs!

:)

wonders...will mika ever stop hugging fans???:shocked:

I havn't gotten mine yet :sneaky2: just an arm around my shoulder:wub2: nontheless, I woke up sick!!!:punk: I caught HIS germs!

:)

He gave me a hug and then kissed me on the cheek and i kissed his back and then he told me later that he wasn't feeling well lol. bummer dude- not like i cared though haha.

I didn't mind in the LEAST but luckily i didn't get sick! lol.:wub2: :wub2:

please don't stop hugging fans mika!

naw, he wont. but i bet it will get a heck of a lot harder to get hugs.

Actually I think you're right in this case, and his voice did sound pretty rough at the Brits. I know that he's not faking being sick 'cause you can usually tell it in his voice.

But I really can't believe how often he gets bronchitis. It's either that he calls every voice strain "bronchitis" because that sounds better than "I over-extended my vocal strings and need a bit of rest" or else, well, he's unusually prone to infection and perhaps shouldn't go out partying all night after he gets sick.

I don't really mean to make fun of his illness, but aghhh, if he really does get sick that often, he needs to take care of himself a bit more and maybe cut down on the clubbing.

--Jack

I think though that it has something to do with just how much he does get sick, and that he never really has a chance to fully recover from is so when he gets going again it pops up really fast. Like if you've pulled a muscle and don't wait until it's fully healed then it's much easier to pull it again.

He gave me a hug and then kissed me on the cheek and i kissed his back and then he told me later that he wasn't feeling well lol. bummer dude- not like i cared though haha.

I didn't mind in the LEAST but luckily i didn't get sick! lol.:wub2: :wub2:

please don't stop hugging fans mika!

naw, he wont. but i bet it will get a heck of a lot harder to get hugs.

he gave you a kiss on the cheek??? AWWWW

What did you say to him girl to get him to do that?!:mf_lustslow:

take your vitamins Mika!:wub2:

Thank you!

then i propose no one ever wait for him again at the end of the gigs not to pass on germs... and if it doesn't work, then i propose that no one ever GO to his gigs again, to restrain the risks...

OOH LA LA:naughty:

"HEY MIKA, WHAT'S WITH YOU DITCHING YOUR CHICAGO FANS AFTER YOUR GIG?! YOU GOTTA A PROBLEM WITH MY HAIR?!"

I'll try it:roftl:

hair thing is mine, find something else :roftl:

TOPIC : hope he gets well for monday... and tuesday... and thursday... and that he rests after :biggrin2:

I said some stuff about the room we were in then i gave him my presents and he liked them and i don't think he was expecting to get anything from the big girls or lollies so he kind of looked at me like awww. And i think i was shy, which was weird cuz normally i'm not at all, in fact, when i'm nervous i usually talk too much (like i did with andy haha, poooor andy), so this was a change and i think he realized that. darn, lol. But it was nice either way

his lips are really soft hehe

men should never cross their legs :roftl:<proven fact>

Oh but P.S (sorry i am a loser, i know) Too bad he is sick, we all get sick...stop complaining, meek :roftl: But he did look pretty smokin' and i don't get some of the humour in this video, and the guy saying big girls aren't beautiful is pretty wrong, but i laughed at the lingering at the parties bit because that's what I do :roftl: I AM A LINGERER

He does .. that voice of his is always affected ... :boxed:

Im suprised we dont have MFC nurses :roftl:

I'm an MFC nurse. Well, I used to be a nurse before toddler daughter came along. And a respiratory one at that! I'll happily nurse him, soothe his fevered brow, give him sponge baths, you know, all that kind of stuff. When what he probably needs are some antibiotics (if it's bacterial) and some nebulizers....

I'm an MFC nurse. Well, I used to be a nurse before toddler daughter came along. And a respiratory one at that! I'll happily nurse him, soothe his fevered brow, give him sponge baths, you know, all that kind of stuff. When what he probably needs are some antibiotics (if it's bacterial) and some nebulizers....

and I could rub something on his chest!!!!:naughty:

Posted already???

For those who heard Mika last night his voice sounded wrecked , he chats about it here :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chrismoyles/brits_videos.shtml#int7

Lets hope hes well for next week

<gets a lot of germs doesnt he>:boxed:

It won't play for me!!! What am I doing wrong? I'm sure I'm missing something here...

here.. you can watch it on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28762VmFxMs

Thankyou... but I can't get that one to work either! I don't usually have problems with youtube unless we're speed limited, but we just rolled over into a new month two days ago, so I should be smoking along, but instead it won't play!!! *tears* I'm doing it as a savetube and hoping that works when i try and watch it from the hard drive...