A sensitive subject to some - I'm sorry.

CazGirl

Hey there,

So, I was watching Emmerdale (a British soap) and the most terrible thing happened. A family just suffered the loss of their baby due to Cot Death, or Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

I'm not a fan of Emmerdale but my mum watches it so I did too. The mother was upstairs checking on the baby, family were downstairs having a nice time and then you just heard the most blood-curdling scream.

She came down holding her beloved Daniel in her arms crying and screaming and not pausing for breath. The dad (who is a Vicar) was desperately trying to revive him but there was no hope. The paramedics came but claimed him dead.

The tears were rolling down my eyes and I felt like bawling. It was such an emotional episode and the mother was thinking she was doing something wrong which may have caused their Daniel to pass over.

I'm sorry if I've caused a lot of emotions in you all right now, but I had to let this out. It's such an important issue that gets overlooked and I thought about raising awareness of it. People go through it everyday and I can't imagine the pain I'd feel if it happened to me.

They keep holding the baby, but there's no life. It's just like a doll.

It's such a painful thought...

I'm not asking to share your experiences if you've experienced it...I would never ask that, but if you feel the need to discuss such an issue, please do.

Pray for those who go through this, please

x x x

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sad.

Apparently my aunt and uncle lost a child to this before I was born..

They never told me about it till I was a teen but even then it was so shocking to me... and I didn't even know this kid!

I can't imagine what it must have been like for them losing a child. :(

It's sad.

Apparently my aunt and uncle lost a child to this before I was born..

They never told me about it till I was a teen but even then it was so shocking to me... and I didn't even know this kid!

I can't imagine what it must have been like for them losing a child. :(

I know, it must be such a horrifying experience. my half sister experienced a still born, that must be traumatic too.

I know, it must be such a horrifying experience. my half sister experienced a still born, that must be traumatic too.

Oh that's horrible. :(

Whether it's a death or an illness, when kids are involved it's always so much harder to deal with.

I watched this episode too and I was a quivering wreck also, I'm glad I could just have a bawl though and not be embarrassed at people seeing me.

I have not suffered a cot death but when my kids were babies I was so paranoid that they had stopped breathing I would sometimes end up waking them up while checking they were still breathing.

I end up in tears all the time when things come on tv, I think I am just a big bag of tears sometimes, it can be soo embarrassing, I think it's cos I tend to kinda put myself in their shoes and so can feel a bit of what they feel to a certain extent.

I thought the acting was outstanding.

I have not suffered a cot death but when my kids were babies I was so paranoid that they had stopped breathing I would sometimes end up waking them up while checking they were still breathing.

God, I do this to my dog all the time - his breathing is so shallow when he's asleep! :bleh: I would be a horrific mother - standing over her adult child, after having sneaked into their home ... *nudge* "Wha-? WTF?" "Oh, sorry - thought you might be dead, just had to check - go back to sleep:wink2:" ":blink:"

Sorry, and to the topic, no I haven't had any SIDs experiences, or watched the episode, but my mum had 2 miscarriages between me and my brother :thumbdown: But ... I wasn't alive then. But it is a really scary thought that we still don't even know anything about it :boxed: