I'm scared this might happen...

mika- I love you

Well you know Mika's becoming more popular each day, well I'm getting a bit worried that his younger fans (like me) who still havent got to see him in a gig will never be able to get to get that autograph and picture they always dreamed of, like Mika's won a brit now, at the same time I'm really happy that he's got this far but on the other hand sad, that I'll never get to go to a gig and get his autograph and picture etc. Because if you think about it more and more people are going to like Mika's music, therefore being a fan, therefore going to his gigs, therefore gigs becoming more harder to get into. And appart from that, becoming one of those silly famous people who start to get ignorant, I'm sure he won't become like that but I'm just so scared that I'll never make that dream come true, I can't go to a gig yet, because Ive never got any free time, and I would like to wait until my 18th when I meet him, plus that I haven't got the money, and my mum and dad arn't really into his music and I don't think my dream will not come true until I start my own life, but by then it may be hard to get into to see him. And I don't want him to forget about his real fans who have loved him from until he started this career. And I know, I'm really happy for him and I always will, but I'm scared and upset. What do I do???

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the same. I'm really proud of how far he has come, but at the same time I can't help be selfish and want to keep him all for myself.

I've only been to one of his gigs and had the chance to meet him. But stupid me got in line to buy a shirt instead. I still hate myself for that and I always will. I really hope to attend another one of his concerts again because they are just amazing. But I know by that time he is gonna be a whole lot bigger and have a lot more fans. And that means more fans while line up and wait for him outside. And eventually he won't stop to sign autographs or to take pictures. It makes me really, really sad to think about this because I blew my only chance. And now I'm gonna cry. :tears:

I suppose we can only hope that he will stay the way he is. We have to have faith in him. I'm sure he won't just forget about his real fans. And I suggest that if you get any type of opportunity to meet him or go to one of his gigs, snatch it up in a heart beat!

I think this is something we're ALL afraid of. We all want Mika to be successful and recognized for his amazing talent and hard work, but at the same time we want to him to be able to recognize his core group of fans, and to meet us after each show. Only time will tell what'll happen. He may keep doing after-show signings in the future, but there will probably be more security, and not everyone will get to say hello. I don't know...I want him to be happy, and I want us to be happy. Is there a happy medium?

I use to write about this fear all of the time on here!!!!!

I missed him when he was in Miami on June 17, 2007..... and I was SO BUMMBED! ...Then I had V.I.P. access to GMA, and could not make it to NYC August 10, 2007 - THAT ONE REALLY did it, I was upset for EVER! *I am still not over that one* ................. But, February 2, 2008 I got to se Mika live FINALLY and MUCH to my suprise and 'joy' got to meet Mika BEFORE and AFTER the show!!!! It was the most magical day of my life, and I will never forget it. Now, I am more scared then EVER...that is never going to happen again! He is gaining fans EVERY day...even here in America! I want him to have all of the sucess that he SO deserves.....still we are all a bit selfish! An we will always be, cause we have been here right from the start!

oh, you are so evil and selfish !! apparently, you've got them all

but the girlie above, she's got the right to get them too

I think you are overracting. Megan was just stating her opinion and you don't even know her well enough to decide whether or not she is selfish or evil.

Megan hasn't met Mika or gotten his autograph, so when you consider it, she is in the same position that mika, i love you is in.

Yeah, I feel exactly the same. I went to his concert @ First Avenue! It was the best concert I have ever been to! After the concert, I waited with my family for a while and then we left because we didn't think he would come out and greet the fans. How silly of me...Mika is so nice and cares so much about his devoted fans! Well, when I got home (still majorly upset), I heard from an MFC'er that said that he did come out (about 20 minutes after I left)! I wanted to cry, scream, mourn, etc... :tears: I am afraid that I missed my only chance to meet my favorite artist! Mika is becoming so successful and popular. I just have to accept it -- after all, he deserves it. His music is phenomenal!

My one and only wish is for him to come back to Minnesota sometime soon! This time, I won't leave...even if my fingers turn blue from frostbite! :cool: I will always love Mika and the incredible music he makes!

By the way, I went to the concert for my birthday celebration. A hug from Mika would have totally made my birthday utterly fabulous! Anyway...I need to pull myself together (wipes a tear). lol. :emot-sad: I'm just lucky that I got to see him live at all -- it was truly a great gift! :thumb_yello:

OMG i feel the exact same as you!!! exept i want mika to be loved by everyone, of course.

i am a younger fan, too (if 17 is considered young) and i want SOOOO BAD to go to a mika concert. i live in America, and mika rarely comes here for gigs. i found out he was coming to chicago, and was like, "I MUST GO NO MATTER WHAT! I MAY NEVER HAVE A CHANCE AGAIN!"

but then it had to be on a tuesday night and my parents dont appreciatre mika as much as i do, so they told me i couldnt go and i was CRUSHED!

my ultimate dream is to go to a mika concert, meet mika afterwards, and get his autograph and picture with me (then hopefully he will sweep me up into his arms and propose to me on the spot).

but i cant help but feel like it'll never happen :[

you are not the only sad one!!

That's what I thought :bleh: Apparently other's think differently :blush-anim-cl: I didn't mean to make people angry..

You were just stating an opinion. We don't think its anything for people to get angry about. We've only went to one concert and didn't get to meet him but we're trying to keep a stiff upper lip and think that if we do get to go to another concert, "correction", WE WILL go to another concert, that we will get to meet him. We so want a picture with him and an autograph. At least we got to see him and he was like just a few feet away from us. We still can't believe that we saw him and we were all singing together and we LOVED Stuck In The Middle in Chicago when we kept having to repeat him.:naughty:

We want all the best for Mika and hopefully he will become very successful and later on we can all say "I knew him back when.":roftl:

i think autographs and photo are just souvenirs. i have some but i hardly keep them carefully and i give them away to people like them more sometime. going a gig is more about enjoying yourself but not fan addiction.

you should go for it if you feel like it !!!! i dunno why you don't have enough free time and money. usually, people complain a lot about time and money, it depends how you spare your time and money i think. i've no problem with both. if you can't get enough money cos you are a student ask your parents for it !! if you can leave your homework away for one day, you can sleep till afternoon and dress u yourself up for a bit in the afternoon and see MIKA in the evening !! it's pretty easy, it's all up to you

my ultimate dream is to go to a mika concert, meet mika afterwards, and get his autograph and picture with me (then hopefully he will sweep me up into his arms and propose to me on the spot).

I feel exactly the same way as you do. If he seriously proposed to me on the spot I would die. Although that is never going to happen. Makes me really depressed. Me and my "stupid Mika fanasties" as my mom likes to call them.

OMG i feel the exact same as you!!! exept i want mika to be loved by everyone, of course.

i am a younger fan, too (if 17 is considered young) and i want SOOOO BAD to go to a mika concert. i live in America, and mika rarely comes here for gigs. i found out he was coming to chicago, and was like, "I MUST GO NO MATTER WHAT! I MAY NEVER HAVE A CHANCE AGAIN!"

but then it had to be on a tuesday night and my parents dont appreciatre mika as much as i do, so they told me i couldnt go and i was CRUSHED!

We think that is almost everyones dream.:roftl: We didn't get to meet him in Chicago but it was such a blast. Hopefully we'll get to meet him sometime.

You just missed tons of girls going crazy and Mika's looking sexier in a hat for 5 minutes :thumb_yello:

EDIT: There were scary drunk people that you missed too :bleh:

There was quite the drinkers at Chicago right in front of us. They kept going back to get drinks and try to squeeze through again spilling booze all over the place.:thumbdown: Please tell me if anyone remembers them.

Oh my gosh! :roftl: I just noticed I lied! My mom got me his autograph and I got his autograph for my sister :bleh: I'm not sure if it counts as meeting or not though if you don't say a word to each other :blink: Do you think that counts?

In a way it does, kinda sorta? But because you two didn't share any words I would have to see that you just saw him up close and personal. Lucky.

Oh my gosh! :roftl: I just noticed I lied! My mom got me his autograph and I got his autograph for my sister :bleh: I'm not sure if it counts as meeting or not though if you don't say a word to each other :blink: Do you think that counts?

well, you liar

if i were you, i'd spare one for the girl above.