So it seems things are changing for him...

BonjourMika1990

I'm not disappointed either. Truly and honestly. I don't lie in my posts for the fun of it.

I got my great concert in June. I couldn't go in February. Oh well. I had bigger commitments that night, and I'm fine with it. There will be other concerts, and it's not like I expect to meet Mika every time. To me, it's more like a privilege, not a right to meet him, so if I hadn't met him then or if I don't in the future, it really is all right with me.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not disappointed either. Truly and honestly. I don't lie in my posts for the fun of it.

I got my great concert in June. I couldn't go in February. Oh well. I had bigger commitments that night, and I'm fine with it. There will be other concerts, and it's not like I expect to meet Mika every time. To me, it's more like a privilege not a right to meet him, so if I hadn't meet him then or I don't in the future, it really is all right with me.

June was so amazingly perfect! :wub2: The only reason February wasn't as good was because it was cold and that has nothing to do with Mika! :lmfao:

Well I'm off to bed! Good night!!!

hold on- the "full show" is the thing he does night after night that everybody else who has been to his concerts has seen! you got something different- and you will see the regular full show next time for sure! so, i think you're lucky for getting a unique mika experience! :thumb_yello:

oh, and i didn't even get to meet him at all when i saw him, didn't get to talk to him, or shake his hand, or get eye contact... so my story is even sadder than yours! let cry. .

haha

and again, i said how extremely lucky i was to even SEE him at all that day, after i'd spent the whole day until 4 pm sick to my stomach with anxiety and fear.

i know i got a unique experience...but still.

Thank you for sharing your feelings! I'm sorry to say you really did miss out. :blush-anim-cl: But next time you'll get the FULL experience and you'll be happy that you got to have the SLC experience.

I was too scared to say anything... :naughty:

i know i missed out, and it does make me feel bad, like it wasn't a 'real mika gig'

and i'm really tired of everyone telling me they wish they could have gone to this one. yes, it was amazing, but it wasn't complete. it was over in basically an hour, if that.

and IF he comes back to SLC.

Girl I appreciate your honesty, and I would have felt the same exact way :) It's almost like you don't wanna say how you feel, the dissapointment because automatically (for me anyway) people start to preach

I don't do that when it comes to honest reports :)

i know i'm probably going to get alot of negative responses, and patronizing telling me how lucky i am and that i'm being selfish...

but, i still feel the way i do, and nothing will change that.

:lol3: You could then happily proclaim that Mika spilled his drinky on you in your sig and sell what you were wearing to an eager MFCer. Kerchingaaa! :naughty:

Yes, I could do that. And in the sig could be a picture of my wet/stained clothes.

But no way are you kidding me... selling those clothes? Holy crap those things would have to be framed. :wink2:

what would be your best offer though:roftl:

I think by 'full show' Hilary means the confetti and costumes and such like she said, which she didn't get :bleh: She wanted confetti. :glasses2: I would MUCH rather have the full show than acoustic!! :wub2:

Were you waiting at the wrong door? :bleh:

yeah i have to say the confetti is pretty cool haha but still acoustic seems like you would get more pure uninterupted mika talent. i dont' know. acoustic just sounds cool, and unique :)

actually there were two barriers, and he met/took pictures with/hugged everybody on the LEFT side.

i was on the right. :(

I'm afraid I've seen this happen before, but it all comes part and parcel with fame. It happens to all celebrities, however they contribute to the media, and the fans who have been there from the start are always affected. It's just something that needs to be dealt with, but remember that Mika will always remember the people who got him where he is today. He is a good kind person and even though he may no longer be able to meet everyone personally anymore, he will do his best.

But at the end of the day we need to remember : Mika is his own person, simply making his living the best way that he can, and we are just the fans!

This may have been said already I didn't read the whole thread, but anyway I hope it makes sense :naughty:

I got my great concert in June. I couldn't go in February. Oh well. I had bigger commitments that night, and I'm fine with it. There will be other concerts, and it's not like I expect to meet Mika every time. To me, it's more like a privilege, not a right to meet him, so if I hadn't met him then or if I don't in the future, it really is all right with me.

And that's perfectly fine - you're allowed to be fine with it. :wink2:

Conversely, it's perfectly fine for others to be a bit disappointed when, due to giant crowds/throat infections/blizzards, he isn't able to interact with his fans.

We all view it differently, that's the beauty of such a big community. :thumb_yello:

i know i'm probably going to get alot of negative responses, and patronizing telling me how lucky i am and that i'm being selfish...

No, I like your honesty, let it flow, Hilary, let. it. flow.

I'd be pissed if I didn't hear Big Girl either.

heineken- i tooootally understand. while i had a beyond fabulous time at the show, i was really bummed about stuff that went wrong, like losing my place in line when i'd been waiting hours, and not getting to meet him..... but hey, that will just make our next mika gig even better when every thing goes better than expected right? :)

And that's perfectly fine - you're allowed to be fine with it. :wink2:

Conversely, it's perfectly fine for others to be a bit disappointed when, due to giant crowds/throat infections/blizzards, he isn't able to interact with his fans.

We all view it differently, that's the beauty of such a big community. :thumb_yello:

Yeah, that's what I wanted to say with the differing opinions. Maybe I read too much into some of the other comments previous to mine that said if you're not disappointed, you're not being honest. I just wanted to state that you can indeed be both (not disappointed and honest). :)

i do remember being in Chicago, and there was this small opening that I was looking down by the venue and down in the tunnel there was one of Mika's crates because it said his name on it in white paint and there were people walking so I'm assuming Mika was down there somewhere...

I'm not dissapointed, because I've waited forever just to see the man live. And I got that. YEah it would have been cake to meet him, but I took in every moment of that concert... Hopefully I'll be lucky to meet him sometime, but I really wanted to endulge in my concert experience.. I mean I STILL FEEL LIKE I"M ON CONCERT HIGH! lol

No, I like your honesty, let it flow, Hilary, let. it. flow.

I'd be pissed if I didn't hear Big Girl either.

thanks Kourteny. :D

but really, none of you were at the acoustic gig, so you can't really know how it was.

the atmosphere was amazing, but, almost every second i was in there, i could feel the end drawing near, because they were running out of songs to do, and it was very hard for them, because they never had done this before.

a lot of the concert was them talking to each other, seeing if they could hear each other.

and i was really pissed not to hear Big Girls, dang it! :naughty:

heineken- i tooootally understand. while i had a beyond fabulous time at the show, i was really bummed about stuff that went wrong, like losing my place in line when i'd been waiting hours, and not getting to meet him..... but hey, that will just make our next mika gig even better when every thing goes better than expected right? :)

true true.

thanks Kourteny. :D

but really, none of you were at the acoustic gig, so you can't really know how it was.

the atmosphere was amazing, but, almost every second i was in there, i could feel the end drawing near, because they were running out of songs to do, and it was very hard for them, because they never had done this before.

a lot of the concert was them talking to each other, seeing if they could hear each other.

and i was really pissed not to hear Big Girls, dang it! :naughty:

I thought Big Girls was the best part when I went. Especially since my English teacher swears that he pointed at her one of the times he said "Big Girl, you are beautiful!" I was on the other side, but I believe it, though.

I may be in the minority, but I think acoustic gigs suck, frankly. I'd much rather hear the full band in all it's glory with confetti and dancers all over the place. I say go big or go home.

and again, i said how extremely lucky i was to even SEE him at all that day, after i'd spent the whole day until 4 pm sick to my stomach with anxiety and fear.

i know i got a unique experience...but still.

i know i missed out, and it does make me feel bad, like it wasn't a 'real mika gig'

and i'm really tired of everyone telling me they wish they could have gone to this one. yes, it was amazing, but it wasn't complete. it was over in basically an hour, if that.

and IF he comes back to SLC.

I wouldn't worry about him not coming back. Although it might not be soon that he returns or even on the next tour, it's unlikely he'd permanently drop cities he played before... especially since he's becoming more popular, not less. He'll be adding cities to his concert schedule. He'll make it everywhere eventually (maybe even Vermont, Peej :wink2::roftl:).

Yes, I could do that. And in the sig could be a picture of my wet/stained clothes.

But no way are you kidding me... selling those clothes? Holy crap those things would have to be framed. :wink2:

what would be your best offer though:roftl:

Whatever you do, don't sell them on eBay. The people might not pay and then you'll have to wring their necks with the shirt he spilled the drinky on. :sneaky2: :sneaky2: :sneaky2:

I thought Big Girls was the best part when I went. Especially since my English teacher swears that he pointed at her one of the times he said "Big Girl, you are beautiful!" I was on the other side, but I believe it, though.

I may be in the minority, but I think acoustic gigs suck, frankly. I'd much rather hear the full band in all it's glory with confetti and dancers all over the place. I say go big or go home.

don't get me wrong, the sound was AMAZING.

i really was like :shocked: the whole time.

he pointed at me during Grace Kelly. XD

I wouldn't worry about him not coming back. Although it might not be soon that he returns or even on the next tour, it's unlikely he'd permanently drop cities he played before... especially since he's becoming more popular, not less. He'll be adding cities to his concert schedule. He'll make it everywhere eventually (maybe even Vermont, Peej :wink2::roftl:).

meh...i still wonder....:naughty:

Not matters a whole lot, but I know for certain they took a bus. As the other LGs and I were leaving I told Mika that I hoped they had a safe trip because the weather was supposed to get very nasty over night. He said "Oh, I'm sure we'll be fine because we've got a very big bus." I remember thinking him almost a little naive, but that was only because I know how bad midwestern winters can be lol.

Also I am almost certain they went overnight....because I feel like I remember Nadja saying he may go out and sign before leaving, but that she wasn't positive either.

You'd know better than the gaurds than lol... those liars :P

don't get me wrong, the sound was AMAZING.

i really was like :shocked: the whole time.

he pointed at me during Grace Kelly. XD

meh...i still wonder....:naughty:

At the concert I went to, Mika hardly came to our side, so I just made eye contact with Martin. I was seriously right in his view, and he looked at me a lot. It's not like I think he thought I was whatever, I was just right in his view path, plus I was a lot taller than the people around me. I think he even recognized me after the show and ambushed my picture with Luke. :naughty:

Congratulations, you've been feeling what practically everyone else on the forum has been feeling for a while now.

Let me dig up a picture of a trophy...

Whatever you do, don't sell them on eBay. The people might not pay and then you'll have to wring their necks with the shirt he spilled the drinky on. :sneaky2: :sneaky2:

Mika... in Vermont. AH HAAAAA. Seriously though. :lmfao: It'll be like that farewell Phish concert that was held here except with all the MFCers flocking to Vermont thinking it'll be easier to meet him because there's no one here. :naughty: Lets just hope it doesn't turn out to be a huge mud fest (http://images.evalu8.org/images/1phish.jpg) and where we had reports that stores were running out of milk and whatever else because of all the people. :blink: Glad I didn't live in that area even though I would have gotten free tickets. :o Before the concert: http://www.scenesofvermont.com/phish/images/interstate91.jpg I know EXACTLY where that is. I drive by there to and from college. http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2004/08/14/national/15phish.large1.jpg I just read that 70,000 tickets were sold. I didn't think this state could hold that many people hahaha. I like how in that last picture people drove off the road for no reason haha.

Nah, no ebay for me thanks. Remember those tickets I was debating on bidding on? yeah they sold for over $300. Forget that hahaha.

Congratulations, you've been feeling what practically everyone else on the forum has been feeling for a while now.

Let me dig up a picture of a trophy...

Woo, picture time!

Melanie, I bet the guards say anything to get fans to leave. :-S

Earl tried to tell us that in June, that trickster, then we told him we'd make him blueberry muffins and he told us what was going on. Then we got shafted to the end of the line and talked to Earl some more. They were terrible security guards. They were too busy talking to all of us than actually standing next to Mika. We got more pictures with them than with Mika. They didn't even know who Mika was, we had to explain him to them.