So it seems things are changing for him...

BonjourMika1990

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think it's hard to say things have changed permanently just based on

tonight.

... although I'm sure it will continue to be harder to meet him as his fame

increases. He is after all, only one Mika, and we are so, so many fans.

I think no matter how hard he tries he will never satisfy everyone,

and he can never be everything we want him to be. It's just not

going to be possible.

But I wouldn't want to overreact and say this is how it's going to be

moving forward. It could just be a bad night -- maybe he's still not

100 percent and didn't really plan on staying long anyway? It's

so hard to know.

dcdeb

Well I'm just annoyed with a lot of people complaining about Mika not coming out in Chicago when it was impossible. :blush-anim-cl: And I'm bored so.... :naughty:

I don't see why that annoys you, m'dear.

People in Australia are annoyed that the US had another tour since he's been there. People in France are annoyed that the concerts there are too big for him to pull people on stage during Lollipop. People in LA were annoyed that even though he signed things, he did so from behind a barrier.

(Almost) everyone wants their piece of the Mika pie. And when they don't get a slice, or when someone else gets a bigger slice, or their slice has a fly on it (*cough, cancellations*) it's understandable to be disappointed, don't you think?

I want to make it clear that I did not want Mika to stay through the Blizzard. But really, he stayed at the hotel there and left in the morning according to a security gaurd my brother in law spoke to:naughty: So it could have been done, but he wouldn't have had proper rest. The Midway State boys didn't stay very long if you all didn't notice...it was like 10 minutes of Nathan with the fans (me looking at him like this:wub2: )..that was all.

The bottom line is that I walked away knowing that things were changing...I couldn't see him well during the gig and after, I had to leave. So wearing my heart on my sleeve is natural for me, and I am entitled to that... I had alot of hopes for the night but mainly I was mad at the unfortunate circumastances...

(Almost) everyone wants their piece of the Mika pie. And when they don't get a slice, or when someone else gets a bigger slice, or their slice has a fly on it (*cough, cancellations*) it's understandable to be disappointed, don't you think?

I didn't my piece of Mika pie, and I'm okay with it.

Though, I think my last piece was entirely too big. :roftl: Who knew being last in line would work out the best? We got more time with him. Go figure. Patience, man, patience.

Oh Megan, that is impossible to do UTTERLY IMPOSSIBLE.

I know! :huglove: I really wish I could have brought you with me to Minnesota but the balloon took up your seat :no: I really wish I could have though!

But then everyone would explode. :boxed:

:roftl:

The whole MFC :shocked:.......... exploding:shocked:

THAT WOULD BE ONE HUGE EXPLOSION! :lmfao:

POUR OUT YOUR FELLINGS EVERYONE!!!

I don't see why that annoys you, m'dear.

People in Australia are annoyed that the US had another tour since he's been there. People in France are annoyed that the concerts there are too big for him to pull people on stage during Lollipop. People in LA were annoyed that even though he signed things, he did so from behind a barrier.

Exactly. There's simply not enough Mika pie to go around to everyone. No matter how hard he tries.

Well, I think it's hard to say things have changed permanently just based on

tonight.

... although I'm sure it will continue to be harder to meet him as his fame

increases. He is after all, only one Mika, and we are so, so many fans.

I think no matter how hard he tries he will never satisfy everyone,

and he can never be everything we want him to be. It's just not

going to be possible.

But I wouldn't want to overreact and say this is how it's going to be

moving forward. It could just be a bad night -- maybe he's still not

100 percent and didn't really plan on staying long anyway? It's

so hard to know.

dcdeb

For sure, I get what you mean. It's just that that report triggered thoughts that I've held for a while.

I want to make it clear that I did not want Mika to stay through the Blizzard. But really, he stayed at the hotel there and left in the morning according to a security gaurd my brother in law spoke to:naughty: So it could have been done, but he wouldn't have had proper rest. The Midway State boys didn't stay very long if you all didn't notice...it was like 10 minutes of Nathan with the fans (me looking at him like this:wub2: )..that was all.

The bottom line is that I walked away knowing that things were changing...I couldn't see him well during the gig and after, I had to leave. So wearing my heart on my sleeve is natural for me, and I am entitled to that... I had alot of hopes for the night but mainly I was mad at the unfortunate circumastances...

Really?! Nathan told us all that Mika left for Minnesota because of the weather. :blink: He lied to us?! :shocked:

Really?! Nathan told us all that Mika left for Minnesota because of the weather. :blink: He lied to us?! :shocked:

There's a tunnel beneath the HOB and security said that it leads to the hotel the artist stays at:boxed: So they made it very convenient :)

EDIT: but that was the gaurd telling us this...maybe nathan knew more, who knows... or maybe he was sworn to secrecy :P

There's a tunnel beneath the HOB and security said that it leads to the hotel the artist stays at:boxed: So they made it very convenient :)

EDIT: but that was the gaurd telling us this...maybe nathan knew more, who knows... or maybe he was sworn to secrecy :P

Either way I'm not sure how Mika's tour bus made it there before us if he stayed at the hotel. :blink: :blink:

I know! :huglove: I really wish I could have brought you with me to Minnesota but the balloon took up your seat :no: I really wish I could have though!

The whole MFC :shocked:.......... exploding:shocked:

THAT WOULD BE ONE HUGE EXPLOSION! :lmfao:

POUR OUT YOUR FELLINGS EVERYONE!!!

wanna know my feelings?

the only thing i have strong feelings about is the Mika concert i went to.

i might come off as a selfish twit, but here goes:

i am kind of disappointed i didn't get the full effect of a Mika show.

yeah, we got acoustic, but i wanted the confetti, the costume changes, the 3 songs he couldn't play...i didn't get to hear Big Girls, and that's one of the songs that i was really looking forward to.

i wanted a full complete Mika experience, and to me, i didn't quite get it.

and then i hear everyone's amazing stories about meeting him...

well, i BARELY got to say 'thank you' and 'bye!'

no hug, a tiny bit of eye contact, and a wave goodbye.

and because i was so star-struck by him, i missed my opportunity to meet some of the band. :doh:

(and i know i was lucky to meet him, even for the slightest moment, but..still)

i know i'm extremely blessed that i got to see him under the circumstances i did, and you all think it was so wonderful (don't get me wrong, i had the time of my life!) but you got the full show and everything.

and...that's it.

:naughty:

wanna know my feelings?

yeah, we got acoustic, but i wanted the confetti, the costume changes, the 3 songs he couldn't play...i didn't get to hear Big Girls, and that's one of the songs that i was really looking forward to.

and because i was so star-struck by him, i missed my opportunity to meet some of the band. :doh:

i know i'm extremely blessed that i got to see him under the circumstances i did, and you all think it was so wonderful (don't get me wrong, i had the time of my life!) but you got the full show and everything.

and...that's it.

Girl I appreciate your honesty, and I would have felt the same exact way :) It's almost like you don't wanna say how you feel, the dissapointment because automatically (for me anyway) people start to preach:thumbdown:

I don't do that when it comes to honest reports :)

wanna know my feelings?

and...that's it.

Thank you for sharing your feelings! I'm sorry to say you really did miss out. :blush-anim-cl: But next time you'll get the FULL experience and you'll be happy that you got to have the SLC experience. :bleh:

I was too scared to say anything... :naughty:

Melanie, I know what you mean. In Boston, we really weren't supposed to meet him. It wasn't a meet and greet, we just stayed way too long and security let the 20 or 30 of us left meet him for about 10 seconds each (no pictures, autographs, anything). But, I can't be selfish. I'm SO happy for Mika!

It's almost like our secret is out now...people are finally catching on.

I'm still not sure what happened at Boston. The front of the line became the end of the line and no autographs or pictures turned into just autographs and him giving you a hug.

I'm just so glad I got to say hi this time and didn't make a complete fool out of myself on accident like the first time. I should win an award. :lmfao:

But Mika's not a prisoner, he provides them with instructions for what to do and they wouldn't do anything without his consent. If they did, I don't think they'd be his management anymore... :roftl:

Obviously Mika understands the risks that come with increased fame and it's prudent to limit the amount of contact with fans... although they all may look "nice," some may be up to no good. The same thing goes for why the presidential hopefuls have had Secret Service agents following them around since last year. Better safe than sorry.

That's exaclty what I was thinking. With him becoming more famous and successful there's a lot more people waiting around to get a chance to say hi to him. A crowd of 10 is easier to control than a crowd of 100.

I'm really glad that I found out about Mika what feels to be pretty close to his beginning because it's easier to keep up with albums, songs, tour dates etc. and also I've gotten to see him become even more successful. Wish I had joined the board earlier when I found out about him back around April/May. Sure there's going to be that day where he probably stops coming out for a few minutes, which yes I admit I'll feel a little sad because we've followed from the beginning and have had a taste of what it used to be like, but I'm very thankful for the two chances I've gotten to meet him briefly AND got lucky and met Luke. Even when that day comes I'll still be a fan. Not being able to meet him after a gig wouldn't stop me from being a fan. That would just be plain selfish. Just as long as we don't accidentally bump into each other on the sidewalk because Im not paying attention and have him tell me to f*ck off and dump his drink on me for not watching where I'm going. :wink2: I don't see that day happening though. :thumb_yello: Even if it does people here would be jealous and proceed to ask me what the drink was. :lmfao::wink2:

wanna know my feelings?

and...that's it.

hold on- the "full show" is the thing he does night after night that everybody else who has been to his concerts has seen! you got something different- and you will see the regular full show next time for sure! so, i think you're lucky for getting a unique mika experience! :thumb_yello:

oh, and i didn't even get to meet him at all when i saw him, didn't get to talk to him, or shake his hand, or get eye contact... so my story is even sadder than yours! let cry. .:tears:

haha

I think he took a plane right? He took a plane to chicago...soooo I dunno

Not matters a whole lot, but I know for certain they took a bus. As the other LGs and I were leaving I told Mika that I hoped they had a safe trip because the weather was supposed to get very nasty over night. He said "Oh, I'm sure we'll be fine because we've got a very big bus." I remember thinking him almost a little naive, but that was only because I know how bad midwestern winters can be lol.

Also I am almost certain they went overnight....because I feel like I remember Nadja saying he may go out and sign before leaving, but that she wasn't positive either.

hold on- the "full show" is the thing he does night after night that everybody else who has been to his concerts has seen! you got something different- and you will see the regular full show next time for sure! so, i think you're lucky for getting a unique mika experience! :thumb_yello:

oh, and i didn't even get to meet him at all when i saw him, didn't get to talk to him, or shake his hand, or get eye contact... so my story is even sadder than yours! let cry. .:tears:

haha

I think by 'full show' Hilary means the confetti and costumes and such like she said, which she didn't get :bleh: She wanted confetti. :glasses2: I would MUCH rather have the full show than acoustic!! :wub2:

Were you waiting at the wrong door? :bleh:

That's exaclty what I was thinking. With him becoming more famous and successful there's a lot more people waiting around to get a chance to say hi to him. A crowd of 10 is easier to control than a crowd of 100.

I'm really glad that I found out about Mika what feels to be pretty close to his beginning because it's easier to keep up with albums, songs, tour dates etc. and also I've gotten to see him become even more successful. Wish I had joined the board earlier when I found out about him back around April/May. Sure there's going to be that day where he probably stops coming out for a few minutes, which yes I admit I'll feel a little sad because we've followed from the beginning and have had a taste of what it used to be like, but I'm very thankful for the two chances I've gotten to meet him briefly AND got lucky and met Luke. Even when that day comes I'll still be a fan. Not being able to meet him after a gig wouldn't stop me from being a fan. That would just be plain selfish. Just as long as we don't accidentally bump into each other on the sidewalk because Im not paying attention and have him tell me to f*ck off and dump his drink on me for not watching where I'm going. :wink2: I don't see that day happening though. :thumb_yello: Even if it does people here would be jealous and proceed to ask me what the drink was. :lmfao::wink2:

:lol3: You could then happily proclaim that Mika spilled his drinky on you in your sig and sell what you were wearing to an eager MFCer. Kerchingaaa! :naughty: