'Happy ending' for Mika fan Rupert

hahahah

I wish naming people's children could be a job :naughty:

Could you imagine? Going to the naming directory with your new baby

New Parents: Hi, we'd like a name for our new baby boy!

Naming Directory: Hm, and what are your names please?

New Parents: Hillary and James, thank you :)

Naming Directory: Ok...your boy's name is........Francis. Yep, that's it, Francis. NEXT PLEASE!?!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 February 2008

A REYDON schoolboy's dream came true this week when he had a special meeting with his favourite pop star.

Rupert Hayes, eight, attends Reydon Primary School, where he has extra lessons and support as he suffers from dyslexia.

Last September Rupert's mother Helen Hayes, of Wenhaston, arranged for her son and his best friend Maddie Gladwell, of Southwold, to see pop star Mika in concert.

Unfortunately Mika was taken ill and much to the youngster's disappointment their trip to the Brixton Academy had to be postponed.

The concert was rearranged for this week and on Tuesday the excited youngsters and their mothers made the journey to see their favourite star perform.

It was after the concert when Mrs Hayes received a telephone call from Mika's management team inviting the children to go and see the star that their day really took off.

“I had written to Mika last year saying we would be coming to the concert as he also suffers from dyslexia. We couldn't believe it when we got the phone call and were so excited,” said Mrs Hayes.

When Rupert, Maddie and their mothers arrived at the backstage door they were taken past hundreds of people waiting outside and into the VIP area where guests included Gareth Gates and Jo Wiley.

“Mika's manager came out to see us and took us to see the star as he wanted to see us before other VIPs. He was lovely to Rupert and Rupert told him how much he enjoyed the show. Mika said he was so pleased to meet Rupert and told him to work hard and he can achieve anything,” said Mrs Hayes.

The star then posed for photographs with Rupert and Maddie before signing autographs.

“I think it's amazing that someone like Mika took the time to encourage a little boy and was so genuine and nice to us.

“Rupert will never forget this experience and sees Mika as a real role model for children like him with dyslexia,” said Mrs Hayes.

Rupert receives additional support from head teacher Gary Draper and staff at Reydon Primary School which is proving a big help to the youngster, said Mrs Hayes.

http://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/content/lowestoftjournal/news/story.aspx?brand=LOWOnline&category=NEWS&tBrand=lowonline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED28%20Feb%202008%2016%3A22%3A30%3A057

Awww Mika is really sweet!:wub2: I really wish I could meet him one day aswell because I suffer from Dyslexia and my biggest ambition it to become a singer! I even started to go to singing lessions and I'm learning different things about my voice and I'm really enjoying it!:cheerful_h4h:

29 February 2008

Wonderful story. Thank you for sharing, LM!

Something like this has the potential to make a gigantic positive impact on this young boy's life.

Our Mika is an amazingly strong fella to be so open and public about his personal history with both dyslexia and bullying. Always impressed by and so proud of him. :blush-anim-cl: