'Happy ending' for Mika fan Rupert

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so cool and shows that Mika really does care deeply for all his fans.

Is there any chance that we can get Rupert on here?

He and his mum should be honorary members.

29 February 2008

A REYDON schoolboy's dream came true this week when he had a special meeting with his favourite pop star.

Rupert Hayes, eight, attends Reydon Primary School, where he has extra lessons and support as he suffers from dyslexia.

Last September Rupert's mother Helen Hayes, of Wenhaston, arranged for her son and his best friend Maddie Gladwell, of Southwold, to see pop star Mika in concert.

Unfortunately Mika was taken ill and much to the youngster's disappointment their trip to the Brixton Academy had to be postponed.

The concert was rearranged for this week and on Tuesday the excited youngsters and their mothers made the journey to see their favourite star perform.

It was after the concert when Mrs Hayes received a telephone call from Mika's management team inviting the children to go and see the star that their day really took off.

“I had written to Mika last year saying we would be coming to the concert as he also suffers from dyslexia. We couldn't believe it when we got the phone call and were so excited,” said Mrs Hayes.

When Rupert, Maddie and their mothers arrived at the backstage door they were taken past hundreds of people waiting outside and into the VIP area where guests included Gareth Gates and Jo Wiley.

“Mika's manager came out to see us and took us to see the star as he wanted to see us before other VIPs. He was lovely to Rupert and Rupert told him how much he enjoyed the show. Mika said he was so pleased to meet Rupert and told him to work hard and he can achieve anything,” said Mrs Hayes.

The star then posed for photographs with Rupert and Maddie before signing autographs.

“I think it's amazing that someone like Mika took the time to encourage a little boy and was so genuine and nice to us.

“Rupert will never forget this experience and sees Mika as a real role model for children like him with dyslexia,” said Mrs Hayes.

Rupert receives additional support from head teacher Gary Draper and staff at Reydon Primary School which is proving a big help to the youngster, said Mrs Hayes.

http://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/content/lowestoftjournal/news/story.aspx?brand=LOWOnline&category=NEWS&tBrand=lowonline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED28%20Feb%202008%2016%3A22%3A30%3A057

Mika is a true role model and he is proving it with his kindness. The fact that he was so genuine and encouraging to Rupert shows that he has a beautiful heart!

Awh. That's so sweet! :blush-anim-cl:

That's one of the reason why I like Mika so much. He stays real, and isn't too "cool" for his fans. It's so sweet that he just takes the time for a boy like that. Absolutely awesome.

He has his heart on the right place :wink2:

Exactly :) he knows that if it wasn't for the fans, he wouldn't be where he was today :) he's humble, and that's so attractive in an artist. YAY MIKA!!

This is so cool and shows that Mika really does care deeply for all his fans.

Is there any chance that we can get Rupert on here?

He and his mum should be honorary members.

I agree. They should be honorary members.

I agree....hope he and his mother join us here!

Mika...you are a sweetheart. I knew this already, though...having seen you first hand for myself.

:wub2:

Thanks for posting this!

:crybaby: That's just so sweet of both mika and the boy! I couldn't help but think that someday Mika will give this kind of advice to a son called "ALICE":roftl:

What a hero, what a man...what a rocker:punk:

haha

I love that mika loves that name alice.

that's my favorite name :wub2: and not because of mika haha

for sure my daughter will be named alice :blush-anim-cl:

haha

I love that mika loves that name alice.

that's my favorite name :wub2: and not because of mika haha

for sure my daughter will be named alice :blush-anim-cl:

awwwwwwwwwww

My daughter's name will be Amelie:blush-anim-cl: and my son's name will be Tristan:naughty:

This is such a typical girl conversation:roftl:

awwwwwwwwwww

My daughter's name will be Amelie:blush-anim-cl: and my son's name will be Tristan:naughty:

:roftl:

haha i know

Awww i love those names!

Whenever I go to borders I always look at the baby names books :naughty: and i write down names that i like and keep them :naughty:

I also love the name Eevie/pronounced E-V. like saying an E and then a V.

haha. im not sure what guy names i like though. Ive always like Zachary and Nicholas. But those are too common. i want uncommon names :wub2:

haha i know

Awww i love those names!

Whenever I go to borders I always look at the baby names books and i write down names that i like and keep them :naughty:

haha. im not sure what guy names i like though. Ive always like Zachary and Nicholas. But those are too common. i want uncommon names :wub2:

You seriously go to Borders and write down names? :lmao: I love you haha:roftl:

I want to name my son Jaques or Floyd :wink2:

I might name my daughter Floyd :naughty:

You seriously go to Borders and write down names? :lmao: I love you haha:roftl:

I want to name my son Jaques or Floyd :wink2:

I might name my daughter Floyd :naughty:

:lmao:

Floyd :lmfao:

do it.

hahah. I found 'Mikolas' in the baby book. im seriously considering it. and it gives the meaning too!

I like Jacques :naughty:

awwwwwwwwwww

My daughter's name will be Amelie and my son's name will be Tristan

haha i know

Awww i love those names!

Whenever I go to borders I always look at the baby names books :naughty: and i write down names that i like and keep them :naughty:

haha. im not sure what guy names i like though. Ive always like Zachary and Nicholas. But those are too common. i want uncommon names

You seriously go to Borders and write down names? :lmao: I love you haha

I want to name my son Jaques or Floyd

I might name my daughter Floyd

I don't want to have kids, but I'm sure glad that other people do :)