The Australian Thread: Part Ten

Hi there!

Nothing much doing....frantically praying for rain but that's about it. You?

Hmm, that's a shiny idea, actually... I'm from country NSW so rain would be nice... plus it would make it less hot...

Well, me, I'm currently multitasking... I'm checking out the MFC, looking at the lolcats, working on a bit of fanfiction (Harry Potter stuff) and also listening to 80's music... actually currently it's the Police... Message in a Bottle to be exact!

Edit: actually now I think back Message in a Bottle is more 1979... *shrugs* ahh well...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, that's a shiny idea, actually... I'm from country NSW so rain would be nice... plus it would make it less hot...

Well, me, I'm currently multitasking... I'm checking out the MFC, looking at the lolcats, working on a bit of fanfiction (Harry Potter stuff) and also listening to 80's music... actually currently it's the Police... Message in a Bottle to be exact!

Edit: actually now I think back Message in a Bottle is more 1979... *shrugs* ahh well...

1979...close enough!

Oh, I love Harry Potter....I'm a bit of a tragic actually:wink2:

Only problem is, when we get the rain, we'll all be complaining because it's made things so sticky and yuk!

1979...close enough!

Only problem is, when we get the rain, we'll all be complaining because it's made things so sticky and yuk!

*nods* Sticky, yuk, wet, frizzy hair, soaked clothes etc.

But hey.... its needed :naughty:

1979...close enough!

hehe, yep I'm tragic too, so don't worry!!! hehe, I mean the first time I read a Harry Potter book was when I was 20 and didn't have a child... I'm now nearly :S 28 and have a 7 and a 1/2 year old :blink:

and yeah... it's funny... we pray and pray and pray for rain then when it finally comes we whinge about how sticky it is... have to say that's that good thing about where I am, it's a dry climate and is like 4 hours roughly from a beach so stickiness is at a minimal!!

It's about to!! And we're meant to get a thunderstorm on friday..

You are the rainmaker!!!!!!!!

Hey HK!!! How you doing??:biggrin2:

I'm OK Hunny ..... lot's of RL stuff ....... *rolls eyes* ........ yeh .... we also want rain ........... *needs rain dance smilie * .... however rain is forecast for here this w/end ....... :biggrin2: ...... *hopes*

Nope, pay stinks it's about 1/4 of what you would get in the private sector for the same thing but as our saying goes....it's easier to sack God than a Public Servant:naughty:....so at least I know I'm not going to be out of a job!

What do they complain about.....money, entitlements, leave. Basically anything and everything *wishes there was a smiley that twitched or rocked back and forward*

or something like this:: frustrated.gif

Adult version or kiddies :naughty:

Adult version of course..

*drifts off into self-made fantasy world where she replaces SJP in Chicken and the City in the episode guest starring Jon Bon Jovi*

Evening fellow Aussie's and honourary ones too... What's doing?

ZoZo the terrifika!!!!!!!!! Just MFCing to extremes.. How you doing?

Ahhh the 70's.. All good things were invented or born then :fisch:

ZoZo the terrifika!!!!!!!!! Just MFCing to extremes.. How you doing?

Kelz!!! *huggles* I'm groovy, thanks for asking!!! Gotta love MFCing to the extremes!!! :biggrin2::bleh:

Oh and speaking as one "invented" in the 70's, I'd have to agree with you there!!!

*nods* Sticky, yuk, wet, frizzy hair, soaked clothes etc. But hey its needed

Sitting in wet clothes....colds, sniffles etc. But you're right, it is needed!

hehe, yep I'm tragic too, so don't worry!!! hehe, I mean the first time I read a Harry Potter book was when I was 20 and didn't have a child... I'm now nearly :S 28 and have a 7 and a 1/2 year old

and yeah... it's funny... we pray and pray and pray for rain then when it finally comes we whinge about how sticky it is... have to say that's that good thing about where I am, it's a dry climate and is like 4 hours roughly from a beach so stickiness is at a minimal!!

I tried to tell everyone for years that Snape was a good guy:wink2: ...I'm such a great judge of character, pity I can't do it in my love life....my taste in men reeks:roftl:

In winter we'll all be wishing for Summer :wink2:

or something like this:: frustrated.gif

Adult version of course..

*drifts off into self-made fantasy world where she replaces SJP in Chicken and the City in the episode guest starring Jon Bon Jovi*

Perfect:thumb_yello: ....but can you make it bleed?

*agrees but substitutes Johnny Depp*

All perfect peoples were born in the seventies :wink2:

I'm OK Hunny ..... lot's of RL stuff ....... *rolls eyes* ........ yeh .... we also want rain ........... *needs rain dance smilie * .... however rain is forecast for here this w/end ....... ...... *hopes*

Hi Happikali *waves*

hehe, I can vouch for both... was "invented" in the 70's but born and grew up in the 80's...Both era's were rather shiny and had good music!!!

I grew up to 80s and 90s music but was made in the 80s (even if it was in the tail end of the 80s).

Now I still listen to the older songs

'80's were verra HOT too Soy !!!!!

*boogies to some 80s music*

I tried to tell everyone for years that Snape was a good guy:wink2: ...I'm such a great judge of character, pity I can't do it in my love life....my taste in men reeks:roftl:

Ick ... colds... but I catch them every season... I catc every cold around.

And I was the same with snape... I swore he was a good guy.... even though alot of my family were convinced he was evil.

*adds self to HP convo*

And I was the same with snape... I swore he was a good guy.... even though alot of my family were convinced he was evil.

*adds self to HP convo*

I always get a really bad cold, even though I always have the Flu Vax:thumbdown:

I also had trouble convincing people that Dumbledore was gone...they all thought he was going to miraculously come back to life. I love the way JK did use Dumbledore in the end though, that was cool.

hehe, I was one who believed Snape's character was a flawed one at best... I believed he worked for the side of good after regret but I wasn't too sure what the regret was. I reckon he'd have to be the best, multi-layered character in the series... I loved reading Snape!!!

I grew up to 80s and 90s music but was made in the 80s (even if it was in the tail end of the 80s).

Now I still listen to the older songs

*boogies to some 80s music*

hehe, I was in my teens in the nineties so I'd say the nineties music is what really got me going though as a kid dad always had 70's stuff going on so it's all good to me!!!

*adds self to HP convo*

I don't think I had too many HP convos with the family unless it was with Tegan... We'd have heaps of them... or I'd talk and she'd listen and sometimes add her two cents... You know Tegan...

Oh she's going to love the fact I'm having a HP convo in here!!!

In winter we'll all be wishing for Summer :wink2:

Perfect:thumb_yello: ....but can you make it bleed?

*agrees but substitutes Johnny Depp*

All perfect peoples were born in the seventies :wink2:

Hi Happikali *waves*

HELLO HUNNY !!!!! :huglove:

Every decade had something great about it :thumb_yello:

If I could choose a decade to have been 20 in, I would choose the 60's..

What a wild time that would've been.. :das:

Ahh the 80's were fun.. But I have to say I'm scared when my niece goes through the old photo albums and finds photos of me in 80's clothing... :doh: Which she did recently.. :thumbdown: and laughed at me :naughty:

*doesn't often get colds due to faulty immune system running too high*

*stays out of HP convo*

*agrees with Johnny Depp*

*can't make smiley bleed*

*loves whenever the word "shiny" is used to describe something associated with her*

I always get a really bad cold, even though I always have the Flu Vax:thumbdown:

I also had trouble convincing people that Dumbledore was gone...they all thought he was going to miraculously come back to life. I love the way JK did use Dumbledore in the end though, that was cool.

LOL, you know my sis Nico_collard used to go on all the "dumbledore is not dead" sites... I knew Jo had diffinitely AKed him...

OH!!! and I wasn't all that surprised that Dumbledore was gay... When Eric Scull from Mugglecast told me I was like "oh, cool..."

I always get a really bad cold, even though I always have the Flu Vax:

I never get the flu vax... I just risk it. I mostly get colds anyways so *shrugs*

And I knew someone who was convinced Dumbledore would come back... but I wasn't.

And I did like that as well.

hehe, I was one who believed Snape's character was a flawed one at best... I believed he worked for the side of good after regret but I wasn't too sure what the regret was. I reckon he'd have to be the best, multi-layered character in the series... I loved reading Snape!!!

His character was fascinating, so much hidden beneath the surface.

hehe, I was in my teens in the nineties so I'd say the nineties music is what really got me going though as a kid dad always had 70's stuff going on so it's all good to me!!!

Alot of the 90s music I was into is the stuff I'm embarressed to know nowadays, but which gets sung along to loudly anyways :naughty:

I don't think I had too many HP convos with the family unless it was with Tegan... We'd have heaps of them... or I'd talk and she'd listen and sometimes add her two cents... You know Tegan...

Oh she's going to love the fact I'm having a HP convo in here!!!

We had a few... mostly because I like to anaylse and discuss things. It was killing me the fact that I would always be first to finish it, and have to wait (of course... in the 6th my brothers read the last few pages and spoiled that for me)

HP convos pop up on here from time to time

Every decade had something great about it :thumb_yello:

If I could choose a decade to have been 20 in, I would choose the 60's..

What a wild time that would've been.. :das:

Ahh the 80's were fun.. But I have to say I'm scared when my niece goes through the old photo albums and finds photos of me in 80's clothing... :doh: Which she did recently.. :thumbdown: and laughed at me :naughty:

*doesn't often get colds due to faulty immune system running too high*

*stays out of HP convo*

*agrees with Johnny Depp*

*can't make smiley bleed*

*loves whenever the word "shiny" is used to describe something associated with her*

I'd lean towards the 70's if I had to choose to be honest but I adore the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's...

Oh and you should see the "gorgeous" 80's clothes mum used to put me in... they were very cutting edge!!! :bleh:

hehe, and you are shiny!!!

****, I take a quick peek to see what's going on and your talking about HP!?!?!? :tears:

*slaps*

*hesitates*

*leaves again*

Thats it.... 3 Mike's per post from now on :mf_rosetinted:

and maybe you should starting posting in some obscure colour :wink2:

And I knew someone who was convinced Dumbledore would come back... but I wasn't.

hehe, I used to argue about it on HP sites... saying he's dead...

His character was fascinating, so much hidden beneath the surface.

Oh I know!!! Everything's fascinating... from him loving Lily (which I've read some good fanfiction about those two) to his relationship with Dumbledore and Voldie!!!

Alot of the 90s music I was into is the stuff I'm embarressed to know nowadays, but which gets sung along to loudly anyways :naughty:

same but at the same time I have a tendancy to embrace it...

We had a few... mostly because I like to anaylse and discuss things. It was killing me the fact that I would always be first to finish it, and have to wait (of course... in the 6th my brothers read the last few pages and spoiled that for me)

HP convos pop up on here from time to time

when I got the sixth book I went to see a mate who flicked through to the end and gasped... I was like "what? WHAT?! Did Dumbledore snuff it? Is Bill and Fluer getting married? Did Harry and Ginny get together? What about Ron/Hermione? Remus/Tonks? WHAT?!"

He just looked at me and called me a freak...

And Tegan was telling me about the fact you guys do have HP convos here. we were actually talking about it today...