Living is wonderful....

IngievV

...That's a lesson I've learned today...

I learned to embrace death, as it is a part of living. And don't do as Mika says..don't just love today...love EVERYDAY as if it's your last! Because it can be over in a split second. We never know what the future beholds, but at least LIVE! Forget fights! It's not worth it.

And make sure the people around you know you love them...seriously...

:tears: Living is wonderful :tears:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have learned to let things go and not argue or fight...it is NOT worth it, and you never know if we are going to be here tomorrow. Make sure the ones you LOVE know how much they mean to you. One day you may wake up to find them gone.......

'If tomorrow never comes'

Awww so true! Thank you for reminding us. Sometimes we forget how important it is to enjoy life and living while they last.. And we begin to think that the world revolves us and our problems.. The truth is that life goes on (surprise surprise! but seriously I forget that sometimes)..

Nothing's not worth it.

IngievV you start the most interesting threads and thank you for that! Hope you're okay as well :o

I just read something true and beautiful:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift

The reason why I posted this thread is because today a girl at my school passed away. A car accident, she got in coma and then was gone. And in one minute the whole school knew about it. It was devastating. I've never hugged so many people in my life. I just wanted to know they were still there. Nobody smiled, almost everyone cried and it had a huge impact just looking at the picture of a smiling girl, knowing she would never come back.

Her last words were: I love you

It brings tears to my eyes again :tears:

I can't say I know how you feel because I've honestly never been there. But it's really sad. She's obviously had her share of life. Live fast, die young.. I'm not saying she was bad at all. I hope this makes sense. I'm sorry again.

oh Ingie :hug: in Poland is an acction called "Learn to love ppl...they go away so fast"- with a hudge bilboard of a little girl in a hospice.... and that's sooo true...

That is true:thumb_yello:

You caught me on one of my really bad days..... I'm running out of time here. I have bad days, worse days and horrendous days. Yes, its about Quality Not Quantity... But it's hard to enjoy when all you know is pain. That's why you DO have to enjoy it while you can. Carpe Diem. Seize the Day. Do the Right Thing Right Now for the Right Reasons. Make it count.

You caught me on one of my really bad days..... I'm running out of time here. I have bad days, worse days and horrendous days. Yes, its about Quality Not Quantity... But it's hard to enjoy when all you know is pain. That's why you DO have to enjoy it while you can. Carpe Diem. Seize the Day. Do the Right Thing Right Now for the Right Reasons. Make it count.

I've also seen lots of sh*t in my life. But I'm not gonna stand still anymore. What happened happened....From now on I'm gonna look forward instead of looking back all the time:thumb_yello:

I've also seen lots of sh*t in my life. But I'm not gonna stand still anymore. What happened happened....From now on I'm gonna look forward instead of looking back all the time:thumb_yello:

Good for you, it takes real strength to force yourself to get over something sh*tty, well that is, you might NEVER get over some things, but the way I see it, if we hang onto our open wounds and poke them all the time making them sore, then we have let some low life get the better of us and win, and I prefer to see myself as a survivor.

yeah I have emotional scars but who ever said life was easy cos it's not but I think it's how we DEAL with our problems that matter.

I sometimes think people these days just have this idea that life is meant to be easy and they think everyone else apart form THEM has a sunny lovely life.

This is not so at all and I have known friends who have never had anything to emotionally scar them during their growing up years yet something comes up in their 40's or so and they can't deal with it as they have never had to.

Life is hard at times, EVERYONE at some point or other has bad stuff happen to them, and what one person might never get over, another does their damdest to try, and some succeed.

So to sum up, don't let the b*stards grind you down, we only get once chance here so yeah there are going to be up's and down's but if there were no down's how would we recognize and appreciate the up's.

(ps I have bad days too we all do, and sometimes we need help to see the light at the end of that tunnel).

good thinking!~:thumb_yello:

Last summer when I was in UK I've been told that a good fried from my group have died... she had an epilepsy and died accidentally at home...her parents try to rescue her but they couldn't... :/ and if that wasn't bad enough all summer the top radio hit was The Fry- How to save a life.... :blink: I was thinking about it every single day... but it's "life...deadly disease which is passed by sexual intercourse"... we can't live forever... everybody will die someday.... that's how the world is made...

Good for you, it takes real strength to force yourself to get over something sh*tty, well that is, you might NEVER get over some things, but the way I see it, if we hang onto our open wounds and poke them all the time making them sore, then we have let some low life get the better of us and win, and I prefer to see myself as a survivor.

yeah I have emotional scars but who ever said life was easy cos it's not but I think it's how we DEAL with our problems that matter.

I sometimes think people these days just have this idea that life is meant to be easy and they think everyone else apart form THEM has a sunny lovely life.

This is not so at all and I have known friends who have never had anything to emotionally scar them during their growing up years yet something comes up in their 40's or so and they can't deal with it as they have never had to.

Life is hard at times, EVERYONE at some point or other has bad stuff happen to them, and what one person might never get over, another does their damdest to try, and some succeed.

So to sum up, don't let the b*stards grind you down, we only get once chance here so yeah there are going to be up's and down's but if there were no down's how would we recognize and appreciate the up's.

(ps I have bad days too we all do, and sometimes we need help to see the light at the end of that tunnel).

good speech!!:thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

Sparkly, I get the distinct impression that you think I am wallowing in my past problems/abuse and indulging in a grand, drawn out Pity Party. This is not so.. I am currently in the fight for my life..... and all the hardships/trauma and abuse in my past have all served to provide excellent basic training for these complicated, but not all that new, challenges.

One more thing...yes, sometimes we DO need some help in seeing the light at the end of the tunnel - however, in my experience it's usually an oncoming train................ LOL!:naughty::wink2:

:tears:

Aww Ingie :huglove:

That happened this year at my school too. A girl died at my school, at a cross country match. She just collapsed, and she was only a freshmen (9th grade)

And it just impacted everyone. It was so quiet and just in the air and the whole feel of the school was completely different that it usually was. Everyone would just look so sad everyone was hugging and crying...

I didn't know her, but it made my cry immediately... Just seeing the people crying and knowing that she had people who love her and care for her forever... and she was so young too...

It just made me feel so sad for her family, and her brother went to the my school too. :tears: He was absent for a long time, but he came back and I saw him walking down the stairs, and he had all of his friends just walking with him and supporting him...

And that's when you realize what you posted in the first post. That life won't go on forever, and you have to let everyone know how much you love them and care for them, because you never know when someone can be gone..

I understand how you feel :tears:

...That's a lesson I've learned today...

I learned to embrace death, as it is a part of living. And don't do as Mika says..don't just love today...love EVERYDAY as if it's your last! Because it can be over in a split second. We never know what the future beholds, but at least LIVE! Forget fights! It's not worth it.

And make sure the people around you know you love them...seriously...

:tears: Living is wonderful :tears:

you got it!!

love love:wink2:

:tears:

Aww Ingie :huglove:

That happened this year at my school too. A girl died at my school, at a cross country match. She just collapsed, and she was only a freshmen (9th grade)

And it just impacted everyone. It was so quiet and just in the air and the whole feel of the school was completely different that it usually was. Everyone would just look so sad everyone was hugging and crying...

I didn't know her, but it made my cry immediately... Just seeing the people crying and knowing that she had people who love her and care for her forever... and she was so young too...

It just made me feel so sad for her family, and her brother went to the my school too. :tears: He was absent for a long time, but he came back and I saw him walking down the stairs, and he had all of his friends just walking with him and supporting him...

And that's when you realize what you posted in the first post. That life won't go on forever, and you have to let everyone know how much you love them and care for them, because you never know when someone can be gone..

I understand how you feel :tears:

Now try and understand how sad it would be if she had NO ONE to love her and care for her... not one individual supporting her through probably the most difficult episode in her life..... Devastating, to say the least.....

Now take it one step further - people who are "supposed" to be the ones who care for you the most really don't..... they lie to you daily, they insult your intelligence, they tell you to "stop dwelling on your problems" when you are merely trying to cope the best you can on these life and death issues - ALONE!!! And they do not believe one word spoken from your mouth. In fact, NO ONE stands up for you..... which just makes everything that much harder.... You feel your life slipping away... meanwhile, the symptoms worsen, there are side effects from the medications, you are weakening every day, and day-to-day activities like grocery shopping and running errands become impossible. No one offers to help. Your immune system takes a beating and suddenly you are always sick with one thing or another. You end up going without food or drinks in your apt. for weeks, because no one thinks to check in on you to see if you're still alive. In fact, the phone hasn't rung in months. If you need to go to hospital, be prepared to take yourself. Don't expect any visitors. When discharged home - same story. No one's gonna help, so you either rupture your stitches trying to vacuum (not worth it!) or you live in a pig pen for 8-10 weeks.. and who really gives a s***t? Like no one's coming over to do the white glove inspection test.... Some people are fortunate - and this is just a temporary setback. I, however, have lived my life like this. And I know it won't be getting better anytime soon.

I am suffering enough from all the inuendos and implications that serious, chronic and terminal illness brings. It is just the straw that breaks the camel's back to be constantly lectured that I must "see the good" and "get over the bad" and "life is wonderful" and all the rest of this crap. No one knows how I feel - or what I've endured - or what I am going to have to endure.... It will NOT BE A PRETTY SIGHT!!! People, I live for every hour - that's how tenuous my life is. And I suffer - every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every month of every year..... well, you get the message.... And, I know, I know - careful what you wish for - but yes there are days that I implore Dr. Death to "bring it on"....

Now try and understand how sad it would be if she had NO ONE to love her and care for her... not one individual supporting her through probably the most difficult episode in her life..... Devastating, to say the least.....

Now take it one step further - people who are "supposed" to be the ones who care for you the most really don't..... they lie to you daily, they insult your intelligence, they tell you to "stop dwelling on your problems" when you are merely trying to cope the best you can on these life and death issues - ALONE!!! And they do not believe one word spoken from your mouth. In fact, NO ONE stands up for you..... which just makes everything that much harder.... You feel your life slipping away... meanwhile, the symptoms worsen, there are side effects from the medications, you are weakening every day, and day-to-day activities like grocery shopping and running errands become impossible. No one offers to help. Your immune system takes a beating and suddenly you are always sick with one thing or another. You end up going without food or drinks in your apt. for weeks, because no one thinks to check in on you to see if you're still alive. In fact, the phone hasn't rung in months. If you need to go to hospital, be prepared to take yourself. Don't expect any visitors. When discharged home - same story. No one's gonna help, so you either rupture your stitches trying to vacuum (not worth it!) or you live in a pig pen for 8-10 weeks.. and who really gives a s***t? Like no one's coming over to do the white glove inspection test.... Some people are fortunate - and this is just a temporary setback. I, however, have lived my life like this. And I know it won't be getting better anytime soon.

I am suffering enough from all the inuendos and implications that serious, chronic and terminal illness brings. It is just the straw that breaks the camel's back to be constantly lectured that I must "see the good" and "get over the bad" and "life is wonderful" and all the rest of this crap. No one knows how I feel - or what I've endured - or what I am going to have to endure.... It will NOT BE A PRETTY SIGHT!!! People, I live for every hour - that's how tenuous my life is. And I suffer - every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every month of every year..... well, you get the message.... And, I know, I know - careful what you wish for - but yes there are days that I implore Dr. Death to "bring it on"....

*hug* I'm sorry...

I won't tell you "see the good" "get over the bad" or "life is wonderful" because I probably don't know just what you're going through.. But I hope everything gets better for you.. Just hang in there, and I'm sure it'll all come together and get better with time :flowers2:

But, you do have us here to talk to. That's a good thing :wink2:

:huglove:

Nice post, Ingie. I tell my family members I love them everyday... I even still call my mom and dad every night to make sure I say goodnight and that I love them. So I definitely embrace life and love the ones around me to the fullest.

Sparkly, I get the distinct impression that you think I am wallowing in my past problems/abuse and indulging in a grand, drawn out Pity Party. This is not so.. I am currently in the fight for my life..... and all the hardships/trauma and abuse in my past have all served to provide excellent basic training for these complicated, but not all that new, challenges.

One more thing...yes, sometimes we DO need some help in seeing the light at the end of the tunnel - however, in my experience it's usually an oncoming train................ LOL!:naughty::wink2:

nope I was not directing this at any one person at all because I think it's within us all to wallow and also to climb out and sometimes we find it harder to climb out than others, I should know I have had my fair share but I also know there is always somebody who has had or got it worse than ourselves).

Hell I still have days when I weep like a banshee cos I feel so god dam unloved, and stuff but hey... it doesn't last forever, like life doesn't and I gotta admit doing all things Mika related has sure given me a new lease of life and makes my days brighter.

we are a long time dead and no one knows when our time is up, and I have enough regrets already.

It's obvious that I am going through an "ok" period for now so I am gonna make the most of it, I am sure some lows will come again sooner or later, they have to I expect them to, I will just have to deal with them the best I can when they turn up and I know some of them will knock me for six, it's scary but I don't want to think that way too much or it will depress me.

Apart from that I think each persons situation is different, like each person is different, and I don't know enough about you to point my finger in your direction, (I wouldn't anyway) so please don't think I am aiming anything at you cos I am not, it's not what I would do.