• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha!!! poor disillusioned child...

Sounds good to me

Obviously

Afraid my willpower caved in.....I could fit you in my case...:wink2:

I stumbled across the Koko gig the other night on TV by mistake. It was my first Mika gig and I could not believe the difference. He looked so young and unsure of himself. The crowd were much more reserved than now! I remember commenting to Andy at the time about how the crowd were not getting into it - I couldn't stand still, I was so excited to be there. I know we've all noticed the change, but it has been gradual. To see such a stark contrast was very strange.

To think, I had no idea how much night that would change my life.

Yes indeed. I have the recording from Madia Vale on 31st Jan last year..I just LOVE watching it...the difference in Mika's confidence compared to now is just incredible..at that point he basically talked and sang directly to Martin!:naughty: I love it!

Kath and I are staying two nights - would be too much to do

any other way. We are staying with one of the lassies from here :thumb_yello:

Not sure what the plans are - dare say things will get firmed up on

the Amsterdam thread.

I am just doing as I am told..Wendi is the leader!!!:thumb_yello:

Morning everyone:thumb_yello:

That was funny, Pooh was the last one to say Goodnight and the first one to say Good Morning!:thumb_yello: Morning Pooh although I see you have gone.

Oh well, the sun in shining, it is a beautiful spring day here.

I hope everyone has a good day wherever you are.

I can not believe how fast this thread is filling up...I know part 12 took ten days...I think this one might beat the record!:naughty:

Good morning, Oldlings! Just checking in for a few minutes -- busy day

away from the computer today, so must get my fix in while I can...

Yes indeed. I have the recording from Madia Vale on 31st Jan last year..I just LOVE watching it...the difference in Mika's confidence compared to now is just incredible..at that point he basically talked and sang directly to Martin!:naughty: I love it!

Yes, it's very interesting to see the early early videos. Wish I could

have seen him live then -- I was a fan at that time, just not as crazy

as now. That is, not crazy enough to travel the world to see him :wink2:

Oh well, the sun in shining, it is a beautiful spring day here.

I hope everyone has a good day wherever you are.

hi kath, good morning...here's a spring day too, i cannot believe it's so warm!

Well, it's just 6:42 a.m. here, so the sun isn't *quite* up yet, but it IS

supposed to be a lovely spring day as well. Funnily enough today marks

15 years that the worst snow storm hit -- I remember it well. Being

stuck inside the entire weekend, as the snow was quite literall up to

the top of garage door -- we couldn't get the car out. Our son was

not quite a year old, and it was the same weekend that my husband

told me that we were going to move from Pittsburgh to DC. Yes, TOLD

me. :sneaky2: That went over like a lead balloon -- and it was a very frosty

weekend not only outside but in! :naughty:

Ahhh... memories...

dcdeb

Good morning again, Robi, Silver, Deb and anyone else around:thumb_yello:

Deb..what an early bird you are today, hope your day goes well. HMMM I can just imagine your frosty weekend fifteen years ago!:naughty: And..when one gets to our age..it alwasy amazes me when I think of events and realise that they were say, 15 or twenty years ago....or even worse...like thirty...and I can still remember them clearly!:shocked: Scary!!

Yes...it is amazing isn't it to think back to this time last year. I know that when I first started to look for Mika gigs the only one that came up as tickets availabe was in Dublin....I did consider it but the flights didn't work out. So I was delighted when I managed to get tickets on ebay for the Glasgow gig in Feb. But I well rememebr at Barrowlands in May, standing next to the same girl as I had stood next to in Feb and she asked me if I travelled 'all over' to see Mika and I said 'Oh no...just local gigs'!!!!:shocked::naughty:

Typical! Go off to make myself cup of coffee (and get small pile of chocolate biscuits) and when i get back, someone has posted.

Good morning dcdeb :cheerful_h4h: (if you're still there)

Yes...it is amazing isn't it to think back to this time last year. I know that when I first started to look for Mika gigs the only one that came up as tickets availabe was in Dublin....I did consider it but the flights didn't work out. So I was delighted when I managed to get tickets on ebay for the Glasgow gig in Feb. But I well rememebr at Barrowlands in May, standing next to the same girl as I had stood next to in Feb and she asked me if I travelled 'all over' to see Mika and I said 'Oh no...just local gigs'!!!!:shocked::naughty:

A year ago it didn't even occur to me that I could go to gigs cos I thought I was too old.:old:

Typical! Go off to make myself cup of coffee (and get small pile of chocolate biscuits) and when i get back, someone has posted.

Good morning dcdeb :cheerful_h4h: (if you're still there)

Hi Silver. I am here but shouldn't be. I have my tea and rich tea biscuits. I know they are boring but I like them! The trouble is, I am in the dining room and it is only a very short walk over to the hatch that if I put my hand through I can easily reach the biscuit caddy to get more!:shocked:

A year ago it didn't even occur to me that I could go to gigs cos I thought I was too old.:old:

I know, it is odd isn't it. I am going with Abby tomorrow night to see The Feeling as the person she was going to go with can't go. I am in a real grump about going to a 'noisey concert' in an all standing venue!!!!:shocked: Talk about one rule for one and a different rule for everyone else!:roftl:

Hiya oldies :thumb_yello:

Im spending all morning in mugs ... at least I have my priorities right :wink2:

Morning (again!:roftl: ) Freddie. HMM I know what you mean..I think I am dreaming mugs...mind you..at least it makes a change!:naughty:

Hi Silver. I am here but shouldn't be. I have my tea and rich tea biscuits. I know they are boring but I like them! The trouble is, I am in the dining room and it is only a very short walk over to the hatch that if I put my hand through I can easily reach the biscuit caddy to get more!:shocked:

Think of the walk to the biscuit caddy as exercise :naughty:

Think of the walk to the biscuit caddy as exercise :naughty:

Good idea....hang on whilst I go...does that mean I should just get one evrytime and not six?:naughty:

I have just noticed the addition to your sig! Love it!!!!:naughty:

Thanks - thought it was an appropriate smiley for me

Yes indeed!

Ok, the tea cup is empty and the biscuit caddy is well on it's way to being in the same condition so i guess I had better go!

Bye for now :wub2:

Hiya Kath - just popped on to see if anything "interesting" had

happened while I was sleeping! I DREAMT about the forum last

night, so I think I am spending too much time here :naughty:

I am not really the leader Kath - you can always buckle my wheels :roftl:

Hi Silver and Fred, if you are still here!! :thumb_yello:

Shari - you might find this interesting when you pop in!! :wink2:

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=Mika+MFC&gbv=2&ndsp=18&hl=en&start=54&sa=N

Hiya Kath - just popped on to see if anything "interesting" had

happened while I was sleeping! I DREAMT about the forum last

night, so I think I am spending too much time here

I am not really the leader Kath - you can always buckle my wheels :roftl:

Hi Silver and Fred, if you are still here!!

Shari - you might find this interesting when you pop in!! :wink2:

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=Mika+MFC&gbv=2&ndsp=18&hl=en&start=54&sa=N

No Please.... I WANT you to be the leader...I promise I will do as I am told!:thumb_yello::naughty:

I have just spoken to the woman at the ticket agency..yahoo! I was begining to give up hope..mind you...I had written the number down wrong! :naughty:

I was having fifty fits as I hadn't had any confirmation or anything!:shocked: She said she will see what she can do re changing the ticket to a 'wheelchair' one...and she will email me. If she can't I will just buy a wheelchair one and sell the other..but at least I feel a hundred times better for having spoken to someone..even if she did pronunce Mika's name wrong!:shocked:

No Please.... I WANT you to be the leader...I promise I will do as I am told!:thumb_yello::naughty:

I have just spoken to the woman at the ticket agency..yahoo! I was begining to give up hope..mind you...I had written the number down wrong! :naughty:

I was having fifty fits as I hadn't had any confirmation or anything!:shocked: She said she will see what she can do re changing the ticket to a 'wheelchair' one...and she will email me. If she can't I will just buy a wheelchair one and sell the other..but at least I feel a hundred times better for having spoken to someone..even if she did pronunce Mika's name wrong!:shocked:

That is a HUGE relief - I had images of us trying to fill our time in

Amsterdam by doing something OTHER than going to the Mika gig :das:

That is a HUGE relief - I had images of us trying to fill our time in

Amsterdam by doing something OTHER than going to the Mika gig :das:

ROTFL:roftl: :roftl:

I can't even BEGIN to imagine what we might do!!!:naughty: