The Oldling Thread -- Lucky #13!!!

dcdeb

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, MikaMad! Wendy is off picking up her daughter, Kath is at a concert (the Feeling), Carri was hosting the secret gig at her house and VickyLovesMika was getting Mika ready for it :winksmiley02:, AMP has a headache. Sorry if I missed anyone.

The rest of us are just on and off, I think. :)

Hello oldlings.

This is a very quiet Friday night!

Is everyone else all at some secret Mika gig that I've missed because I've been a bad oldling and neglected the MFC recently?:naughty:

i'm whore googling! :wink2:

pls have this welcome gift MM...and enjoy with all yr odling mates! :wink2:

http://www.nme.com/video/id/4jna_Ak-NzA/search/mika/offset/80

Hi Christina! I have to read back a few more pages, but I wanted to post this-

http://www.dawghauscafe.com/HOME.html

this is 2 blocks East of my apt., at the end of my street are 2 old mansions, now part of park district/cultural center. last year some wonderful people took the coach house of one of them & made it into a cafe, there is a little stage outside , they have live bands a few nights a week, for free! I hung out there all last summer (it closes in Oct, too cold/rainy until early summer)

It feels like its my front yard, there's a path & some rocks & bam! the lake is

RIGHT THERE, no barriers, a few yards north & there's a little section of beach, you can climb down the rocks & swim. It is a tiny spot of heaven, some parts of lakefront in front of condos is all fenced off, private. Or, it's very popular, crowded, gets lots of litter. This spot is perfect. You can sit on the rocks & watch the moon rise, huge & orange, it feels like you can touch it. I would go there with my books, do homework all afternoon, listen to the band, wait for moonrise. perfect!

I cannot BELIEVE the city would let some developers talk them into considering ruining this .

OK, rant over!

Leona, that is a stunning view! Jeeez you're so lucky to hav that on your doorstep. No wonder you sound a very chilled person. It's beautiful.

:shocked::sneaky2:

Just knew you would wait till I wasn't here!!!!!

I am back by the way!!! :roftl:

someone must have posted when I was snoozing, probably Rak1 drove round in her van and back to her place, wasn't me, honest :thumb_yello:

Hello, MikaMad! Wendy is off picking up her daughter, Kath is at a concert (the Feeling), Carri was hosting the secret gig at her house and VickyLovesMika was getting Mika ready for it :winksmiley02:, AMP has a headache. Sorry if I missed anyone.

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Damn VLM, I want her job!!!

On and off describes most of us, most of the time I guess!

(Hi Candboys, by the way!)

Leona, that is a stunning view! Jeeez you're so lucky to hav that on your doorstep. No wonder you sound a very chilled person. It's beautiful.

thanks, Shari!

The rents are going up, mine is about $750/month for a small 1 bedroom (that's with no view, no parking space, no utilities included) . But I've lived in this neighborhood, in 4 different apartments w/in 1 or 2 miles, for past 17 years, I love it. I can live in a big city w/ 3 million other people as long as I'm near the lake, I don't feel all choked in, does that make sense?

You'll have to visit next time you're in town!

pls have this welcome gift MM...and enjoy with all yr odling mates! :wink2:

http://www.nme.com/video/id/4jna_Ak-NzA/search/mika/offset/80

Thanks, Robi! I love watching old clips, even if I have already downloaded them!:roftl: I liked his Orange performances. I think this was the one where he talked about getting an uncomfortable seat and the audience getting comfortable ones. Or maybe it was the reverse.

Hi everyone!

Hello oldlings.

This is a very quiet Friday night!

Is everyone else all at some secret Mika gig that I've missed because I've been a bad oldling and neglected the MFC recently?

Hello MM !! Yeah we're all at Carri's with Mika and the band :mf_rosetinted:

Just knew you would wait till I wasn't here!!!!!

I am back by the way!!!

Yo ! Wendi ... or Wendo !:naughty:

Hello, MikaMad! Wendy is off picking up her daughter, Kath is at a concert (the Feeling), Carri was hosting the secret gig at her house and VickyLovesMika was getting Mika ready for i02:, AMP has a headache. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Yeah Mika's been demanding tonight ..............:sneaky2:

Yo Robiiiiii !!:wink2:

odling!!:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

We are certainly that!

Hi Robi. That video is fantastic quality. I'm so used to watching c****y Youtube videos that that was a real treat.:mf_lustslow:

The ending of that video, he just looks so CUTE!:wub2:

Hiya MM - long time no see :wub2:

Robi - wondered what you had been up to :huglove:

Where is Shari tonight? Have I missed her?

Hi Wendi.

It's nice to be here. I miss you all like mad when I haven't got time to do this. I've been busy painting every evening this week and it's really frustrating listening to the radio when I know that you're all on here and I'm not!

I'm having a night off the painting tonight and I've rushed around doing my other jobs so that I can spend a little while here before bed.

My life is all a bit too full at the moment.

Hello there, how are you tonight Cand?

Good, kids are out playing but they'll be in soon. How's work going? On the upswing, I hope.

I can't wait to see what you are going to do next. I watched the video again and Mika sure looked like he was encouraging you to do something bigger. Ask him for crew assistance!:naughty:

Hello MM !! Yeah we're all at Carri's with Mika and the band :mf_rosetinted:

Yehhhh, as if any of us would be within a mile of Mika and find the time to come on here and tell the rest of us!. If I ever get the chance to "get Mika ready" whatever that means:wink2: , you certainly won't be getting live reports from me!:naughty: