Mika goes to India!

babspanky

...Lissa. I love you. my lovable Vata sissy. So basically eat what ever you want but you just classify yourself???!!!

Haha, not quite. Eat a balanced diet, but if you feel out of balance, here are the foods to help balance each dosha.

Perfect Exact Split:mf_rosetinted:

no kapha at all (regarding food)

i love spices and i hate sugar but i ll keep all that in mind, i love dates and figues so that might be the deal, thank you for everything!

Was the dosha test you took just about foods, or a complete one? A complete dosha test asks you questions about what you look like, how you feel, how your body functions (lol), what you believe, what personality traits you find important, etc. It's really complete.

I'm Vata, so I'm supposed to avoid spicy food as well. However, I love it, so I eat it but not all the time. And if I'm feeling anxious or agitated, I avoid it.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks really beautiful. Is the horse a substitute for an elephant? Is that what the trumpeting is about?

Maybe Mika should really get into this adventure yoga. I'm thinking this could be more inspirational than experimental theatre.

Extreme yoga, Christine, extreme yoga! :naughty:

Actually I first heard of yogic flying at the time of a UK election, can't remember which one, but a party called The Natural Law Party was fielding candidates.

When the UK has an election, all of the main parties have an election broadcast, shown several times by the main tv channels, and the one for The Natural Law Party depicted yogic flying. It was something they believed in. Not sure how it related to their policies though. :boxed: But it did appeal to me. :wink2:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/341997.stm

When the UK has an election, all of the main parties have an election broadcast, shown several times by the main tv channels, and the one for The Natural Law Party depicted yogic flying. It was something they believed in. Not sure how it related to their policies though. :boxed: But it did appeal to me. :wink2:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/341997.stm

I'm glad you were so inspired by the yogic flying. It was a fantastic touch!:thumb_yello:

Haha, that's actually quite common. Were you an exact split between Vata and Pitta? Same number? Was there any Kapha at all?

Generally speaking, Vata and Pitta are different nutrition-wise, but both are balanced by eating sweet foods. That doesn't mean refined sugar like candy and cakes (darn!) but natural sugars, like fruit, dates, etc. Both Vatas and Pittas should avoid spicy foods, since hot spices agitate both constitutions.

But also keep in mind, that despite what dosha you are, you should still eat a balanced diet. The Ayurvedic nutrition guides for the doshas just help you figure out what you should eat more of. But if you want to eat a banana, eat a banana. :wink2:

Did you just say "sweet"?! :biggrin2: I think yoga is definitely for me! I had my very first yoga session last Thursday for an hour and a half and it was awesome. Now this diet of eating sweets is just the 'icing on the cake' so-to-speak - sorry, that was a fitting, but poor expression to use. And natural sugars is fine by me. I'm a yoga newbie, I'm still awkward at all the poses and really bad at balancing on my left foot. But I've always been quite flexible.:naughty:

:blink: Wow...that's even better than reading your zodiac sign.

http://www.ayurbalance.com/explore_vata.htm

"People with more Vata in their constitutions tend to be thin, with a slender frame and prominent joints, delicate skin that is naturally dry, and dry voluminous hair. They are quick and lively in thought, speech and action, and make friends easily. There is an element of airiness to their step, a quality of lightness in their laughter. Change is usually their second name. They are light sleepers and gravitate towards warm environments. Creativity and enthusiasm are hallmarks of balanced Vata."

Did you just say "sweet"?! :biggrin2: I think yoga is definitely for me! I had my very first yoga session last Thursday for an hour and a half and it was awesome. Now this diet of eating sweets is just the 'icing on the cake' so-to-speak - sorry, that was a fitting, but poor expression to use. And natural sugars is fine by me. I'm a yoga newbie, I'm still awkward at all the poses and really bad at balancing on my left foot. But I've always been quite flexible.:naughty:

You started yoga--YAY!!! :thumb_yello: What kind are you taking? (I'm certified to teach Hatha Iyengar yoga.) :wink2:

:blink: Wow...that's even better than reading your zodiac sign.

http://www.ayurbalance.com/explore_vata.htm

"People with more Vata in their constitutions tend to be thin, with a slender frame and prominent joints, delicate skin that is naturally dry, and dry voluminous hair. They are quick and lively in thought, speech and action, and make friends easily. There is an element of airiness to their step, a quality of lightness in their laughter. Change is usually their second name. They are light sleepers and gravitate towards warm environments. Creativity and enthusiasm are hallmarks of balanced Vata."

And this is WAY more accurate (at least for me) than any zodiac sign! I'm a Sagittarius, but I've never fit it at all. But when I took the dosha test and read about Vatas, I thought "OMG that is me 100%!" :shocked:

From Asian Lite.

mindiafei2.jpg

I hate it when he's far away.

Thanks a lot for posting this.

OMG! is he here right now? I stay just a few miles away from Indira Gandhi International airport. Can anybody please tell me when he is coming back from Hrishikesh? please please please...I know a bit of Yoga myself, I can teach him pranayam. Also he can learn all about Hindu way of living from me since I am a practicing Hindu myself!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! is he here right now? I stay just a few miles away from Indira Gandhi International airport. Can anybody please tell me when he is coming back from Hrishikesh? please please please...I know a bit of Yoga myself, I can teach him pranayam. Also he can learn all about Hindu way of living from me since I am a practicing Hindu myself!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's not in India. It was an April Fool's joke. :naughty:

I’m so sorry to be the one who brings the bad new and takes away the fun but this is a joke!:wink2:

It is an Aprils fools joke!:thumb_yello:

HI Pam... hes actually moved to South Africa by now, he changed his mind and decided to embrace the african way of life...

You started yoga--YAY!!! :thumb_yello: What kind are you taking? (I'm certified to teach Hatha Iyengar yoga.) :wink2:

I used to do Iyengar yoga. For quite a while; I was very keen and went to big yoga days. When I went to India I wanted to go to (Poona?) his centre outside Bombay (as we used to call it) But it was monsoon time and there were flash floods causing train problems. So I didn't go and sort of lost the enthusiasm a bit.

I'm feeling sheepish!!!!:blush-anim-cl:

Oh no, don’t do that!

A lot of people were fooled by this including me!:blush-anim-cl:

The girls who did it was so clever and cunning, they even talked about it in another thread pretending to talk to each other about it before they posted the article.:naughty:

Best April joke ever!:roftl:

yes i have on sum dirty trashy blog but you will understand that i cant possibly post them here, i respect his privacy too much:naughty:

But surely there must be one, just one, that doesn't invade his privacy too much? He's probably wearing a mask, or it's taken from the back or something?

*goes to search :naughty:

Oh no, don’t do that!

A lot of people were fooled by this including me!:blush-anim-cl:

The girls who did it was so clever and cunning, they even talked about it in another thread pretending to talk to each other about it before they posted the article.:naughty:

Best April joke ever!:roftl:

Very clever! i was fooled! so was the whole article created by mfc'ers? great!

But surely there must be one, just one, that doesn't invade his privacy too much? He's probably wearing a mask, or it's taken from the back or something?

Here we go again! :lmfao:

dcdeb

maybe this one, totally blurry, i cant believe he went with his tamagotchi in africa,lol

sxfa5y.jpg

you know, i read the text again, and it was so cleverly (is that a word?) written... the details were superb ... it was quite believable!

you girls missed your calling in life, you should all be writing for gossip magazines !!! :naughty: :naughty: