Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And regarding picking on her....well, it's very noble of you to feel that way, but quite frankly, someone who is renowned for publicly slagging everyone and their dog off (and with quite nasty words) has IMO not deserved the right to be left alone.

So yes, I think that the principles you're expressing there are fine, just not applicable to this situation:wink2: .

People hated Jordan before she said anything about Mika; She's one of the trashiest public figures in the UK.

I disagree here though. I'm not saying that you have to agree with me, but that's the thing--for me, it doesn't matter who it is, it hurts me to see people acting with hate towards another person, no matter how hateful that person may be be themselves. I don't really subscribe to the eye-for-an-eye theory, wherein if a person acted badly, then mistreatment of them is justified, because that leads to outcomes I consider ethically problematic... for instance, I believe that torturing a torturer or murdering a murderer is still wrong.

However, I wouldn't have a problem with people who already disliked Jordan (Hate her though? Really? Do people hate someone they don't even know? If they do, they shouldn't be so surprised at Mika getting death threats...) restating that dislike in the face of this new publicity-grab. But I definitely saw a lot of people who said that they didn't know who Jordan was, or didn't know anything about her except that she's on tabloids a lot, proclaim that they now hated her because she said that about Mika.

--Jack

I have the same disease:sneaky2: :sneaky2:

Hahah, that makes 10,107 of us. :thumb_yello:

By the way, what's so recognizable about your coat?

Today is my MFC birthday. I almost forgot!

Happy MFCday! :yay: I have no idea when mine is. I just know I never thought I'd be here a year.

can't believe they planned an appearance on July 10th... as if july was not full enough...

i smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell... but i won't say it :newyear:

I have no idea what you're talking about. :confused:

Pip, I have never in my life met a sexy cop. Or a funny one either.

--Jack

Happy MFCday! I have no idea when mine is. I just know I never thought I'd be here a year.

Thanks! Yours is in 3 days. :yay:

Pip, I have never in my life met a sexy cop.

I picked up a hot cop once.

Not as hot as Seth the Fireman though. (Unfortunately I didn't pick up Seth :thumbdown: )

:yay:

Happy 1 year MFC Birthday! I'm so glad you're still here!

MFCbirthdaycake.jpg

Here's a virtual pressie:

1245861352_1e84e49aa3.jpg

68670646ma4.png

That one's my favourite. Someone send it to Jerry or whoever is supposed to post the news. :naughty:

he he he... a group called Beirut cancelled all his upcoming european tour dates...

I saw their name on the list for this Spanish festival Mika might cancel as well. Thought it would be funny for them to meet.

:roftl:

"some" bus drivers

All this political correctness pisses me. :naughty:

I think getting a reputation for things like snubbing Jordan and forbidding cheesy Boyzone to record his songs just lends Mika more credibility. Keep up the good work. :thumb_yello:

I agree, stay an a**hole, Mika. :thumb_yello:

Happy MFC birthday. :yay:

Happy MFCday, Christine!

Last night, I had dream about you and Suzy! I don't know what city we were in, but I met up with the 2 of you for lunch. Oddly enough, we decided to eat lunch in a grocery store deli. LOL! Suzy announced that she was going to renew her wedding vows, in Vegas! Of course, I was totally stoked for you, Suzy. Then you told me that you would be driving all the way there. I woke up shortly after, but I remember thinking, "isn't that an awfully long drive?" :blink:

Ah...dreams...

Happy MFCday, Christine!

Last night, I had dream about you and Suzy! I don't know what city we were in, but I met up with the 2 of you for lunch. Oddly enough, we decided to eat lunch in a grocery store deli. LOL! Suzy announced that she was going to renew her wedding vows, in Vegas! Of course, I was totally stoked for you, Suzy. Then you told me that you would be driving all the way there. I woke up shortly after, but I remember thinking, "isn't that an awfully long drive?" :blink:

Ah...dreams...

Thanks! Did you know that Suzy and I hung out at a supermarket deli waiting for the Toronto gig?

l_c378f28107a8509607d42a30d67f014f.jpg

Hahah, that makes 10,107 of us. :thumb_yello:

Happy MFCday! :yay: I have no idea when mine is. I just know I never thought I'd be here a year.

Pip, I have never in my life met a sexy cop. Or a funny one either.

--Jack

I don't know when my MFC bday is...but my real bday is coming up in a couple days!!!!!

I've never met a sexy or funny cop either...just mean ones

Thanks! Yours is in 3 days. :yay:

I picked up a hot cop once.

Not as hot as Seth the Fireman though. (Unfortunately I didn't pick up Seth :thumbdown: )

You'd do you know when it is???

Lucky you picked up a hot cop!

Thanks! Did you know that Suzy and I hung out at a supermarket deli waiting for the Toronto gig?

l_c378f28107a8509607d42a30d67f014f.jpg

No way! I truly did not know that!

How strange. Maybe Mika's psychic powers rubbed off on me. :mf_rosetinted:

No way! I truly did not know that!

How strange. Maybe Mika's psychic powers rubbed off on me. :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: I had lunch with Sariflor and Lana though. Suzy and her husband had lunch at a different time. We were working shifts in the queue.

i have a little something for you... i'm not a fan of the "chicken" joke but... i found that doing nothing on google...

stupidcatinchickencostuyo0.jpg

that's the only chicken i'll tolerate here

LOL!! Soo cute!!

Doesn't it remind you of Bappleman??

Yes! That's a Bapplecat!!

It should be an apple tea cozy of course.

il_fullxfull.19994178.jpg

lmao!!!!! I like that idea.

Aww, Kelzy. I was actually going to PM you to explain that while I was disagreeing, I wasn't trying to pick a fight with you. I was worried you'd think my disagreement meant I disliked you or something, and that's not true at all--I love reading your posts too, and hope you stick with us apples.

Can't get rid of me that easily!! :wink2:

Thing is though, apparently I give people the impression that I'm saying I'm perfect and above them quite often, and see, you overestimate my smarts. Because even though this has been brought to my attention before, for the life of me I can't see how I'm doing it or how I could change it--because trust me, if I could see that, I would! So if someone could maybe actually show me what exactly I should have said differently, I'd be really grateful.

I was telling Scut last night that I need to learn to stop assuming I know what people mean by things they post and start asking them to be more specific or elaborate on their statement/opinion. Please don't convince yourself that the problem is 100% you, but rather a collection of factors that contribute to mass confusion. :naughty:

The thing is, Jack, and this is exactly what I was trying to say in my other posts, that many of the people making the comments about Jordan have thought these (bad) things about her BEFORE she said anything bad about Mika.

And regarding picking on her....well, it's very noble of you to feel that way, but quite frankly, someone who is renowned for publicly slagging everyone and their dog off (and with quite nasty words) has IMO not deserved the right to be left alone.

I have felt for a long time that women in the spotlight that conduct themselves in a sluttish way are only adding to the sexual discrimination, sexual prejudice, sexual attacks and sexual abuse women have been subjected to for way too long, and that it makes it much harder for those that are trying to put an end to it. Two steps forward, one step back.

Jordan falls under my "sluttish" category, even though I won't actually say she is a slut, as, from knowledge, she doesn't behave that way, rather she creates the illusion of being one, which is bad enough as it can still lead young males to think any young girl in a short skirt and low cut top is promiscuous, when it just happens to be fashion. And because young males are led to believe this at a young age, they tend to carry that line of thought until a good woman slaps it out of him.

Btw, I hate the word "slut" as it's so strongly attached to women when IMO it describes so many men better.

I do think she was being called certain names unfairly. However, 'bitch' does suit her based on history. She might not even argue that one!

I think getting a reputation for things like snubbing Jordan and forbidding cheesy Boyzone to record his songs just lends Mika more credibility. Keep up the good work.

Very true!!

I guess you have a good point there. The day he goes for tea at her house we know he's killed his future.

:roftl:I'll delete my account..

I suppose we're only going by what the tabloids are saying she said. We haven't heard Mika's side of it, and I doubt we ever will. He's not media hungry like she is. And I respect him more so for that. So we've all judged the situation on our interpretations of how we think she'd behave and how Mika would behave.. Also, we could be completely wrong and she might actually have been a bit of a fan and he snubbed her and now she's feeling hurt by it so lashed out.. To me, that would be a pity. But I still don't want him going over for tea.

Happy 'Mika Frequently Circumvents' Day:yay:

All this political correctness pisses me.

Oh no.. Not you too.. lol!

I agree, stay an a**hole, Mika.

Oh yes definitely.. I've always liked A$$holes.. Keep this up Mika and I might throw a sexy bra at you in amongst the crusty old ones. You'll find it and feel like all your Christmas's have come at once. :newyear:

--Jack

The coat is pink and fluffy :naughty:

and i'm talking about the fact that they added a date to his summer tour on July 10th (which happens to be in Portugal, but it's not the problem) and that it makes July 2008 planning dangerously looking like July 2007 one... i.e. they wouldn't have learnt from last year experience... And when i say "i smell cancellations" i'm not even obivously talking about the newest addition, but in order to make the most important appearances, he might have to cancel some smaller ones, and that would lead to last year disaster... i'm so happy i'm not here this summer :newyear:

I sympathize

I have a nice story about the London cops (when I came with my parents by car and ferry)

Oh, I also have a nice story about some London cops that Petra and I ended up hugging at Trafalgar Square after the second gig :roftl: . They were lovely. A bit old though :blush-anim-cl:

Who were you hanging out with in the queue? I didn't get to meet too many people on the last day. I was up at the very front most of the time.

Show off! :mf_rosetinted:

Happy first birthday :flowers2:

can't believe they planned an appearance on July 10th... as if july was not full enough...

i smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell... but i won't say it :newyear:

The coat is pink and fluffy

and i'm talking about the fact that they added a date to his summer tour on July 10th (which happens to be in Portugal, but it's not the problem) and that it makes July 2008 planning dangerously looking like July 2007 one... i.e. they wouldn't have learnt from last year experience... And when i say "i smell cancellations" i'm not even obivously talking about the newest addition, but in order to make the most important appearances, he might have to cancel some smaller ones, and that would lead to last year disaster... i'm so happy i'm not here this summer :newyear:

Ok, I just wanted to ask where he's playing but then I saw the last post. And there aren't even any UK dates yet. What a lovely summer that will be again.

Just read Freddie's message. So we're getting official next week!

:newyear: