Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

Omg! Thanks...I think.:shocked: Poor thing! Emily's isn't that bad (yet). She's only on her 2nd day.

Suzy - my boys got it aged 3, and 18 months - and I had just had my

first daughter, so they couldn't come in to visit. Buchanan was so bad

he even had them in his mouth!! Then they "gave" them to their dad - and

he was ill in bed for 3 weeks - it had a terrible effect on him.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm ok, but my 7yr old had a fever all night and threw up. Then she woke up to 3 little, red bumps. By the time I made her breakfast, we found 5 bumps.

She has the chicken pox. I just spent almost $40 on fever medication, oatmeal bath treatments, calamine lotion, and Aveeno anti-itch lotion. She's gonna be miserable in the next few days...:thumbdown: Hope your baby girl Amy is doing better.

That's bad. Hope she'll be better soon.

Eeeeek! I remember having the chicken pox when I was little. I was unlucky enough to get them twice!!!!!! My mom freaked out cause you're only supposed to get them once, some how I ended up getting it twice:blink:

So you got mine :sneaky2: ! I never had them but I also survived ever epidemic in kindergarten and school. Must be horrible :blink:

Thank you: sienna, zoots, kjoshi, wendi, haeschen, and blue sky for your well wishes.:thumb_yello: I'm sure after a week or so, it will all be back to normal. :blink:

In the meantime, we're trying to forget that the 78 red dots are itchy. We're treating ourselves to a few hundred calories this afternoon to help avert our thoughts to more pleasant things. :biggrin2:

IMG_0794.jpg

Hope the itching will be over soon :thumbdown: but it seems you have already found the right strategy to cope with it :wink2:

I had it all in the worst possible intensity when I was a child : measles, chickenpox, roseola (lol, and I just found out they also call that one 'German measles'), mumps...

I guess I'm a survivor. :punk:

Suzy these poxy pictures are for you:

Hope your daughter gets through this with the minimum of discomfort.

(Others view at your own risk...)

IMG_0335.jpg?t=1207482320

IMG_0340.jpg?t=1207482277

:shocked:Why did I watch?!

Thank you: sienna, zoots, kjoshi, wendi, haeschen, and blue sky for your well wishes. I'm sure after a week or so, it will all be back to normal.

In the meantime, we're trying to forget that the 78 red dots are itchy. We're treating ourselves to a few hundred calories this afternoon to help avert our thoughts to more pleasant things.

IMG_0794.jpg

She'll get better with those :thumb_yello::naughty:

I hope it's not as bad as the pics though :boxed:

You already had it? (I mean is it just her who has the 78 dots?:shocked: )

I 've already had the chicken pox, I don't remember much of it though.

But it makes me think of mosquitos sting and it's really :thumbdown:

Off chicken pox topic : Did you happen to reply in the wrong thread once?

:shocked: :shocked: Why did I have to come to this thread tonight? Those pics that BS posted left me shaking!

Suzy, I really hope that your kid doesn't have them THAT bad! I hope it's not too itchy, cause it will be hell for the whole family if it's bad:boxed: .

Good luck! I think that the candy should help though, hehe.....good distraction tactic:naughty:.

That's bad. Hope she'll be better soon.

So you got mine :sneaky2: ! I never had them but I also survived ever epidemic in kindergarten and school. Must be horrible

How did you never get the chicken pox!???? It is horrible! And I had mine and yours!!!!

Thank you: sienna, zoots, kjoshi, wendi, haeschen, and blue sky for your well wishes.:thumb_yello: I'm sure after a week or so, it will all be back to normal. :blink:

In the meantime, we're trying to forget that the 78 red dots are itchy. We're treating ourselves to a few hundred calories this afternoon to help avert our thoughts to more pleasant things. :biggrin2:

IMG_0794.jpg

No prob!:thumb_yello:

:shocked: Man those candy apples look so good!!!!!!!! Yum!

Thank you: sienna, zoots, kjoshi, wendi, haeschen, and blue sky for your well wishes.:thumb_yello: I'm sure after a week or so, it will all be back to normal.

In the meantime, we're trying to forget that the 78 red dots are itchy. We're treating ourselves to a few hundred calories this afternoon to help avert our thoughts to more pleasant things.

IMG_0794.jpg

78 spots :jawdrop:

OUCH! I didn't get CP until I was 13. I almost escaped it! :naughty:

I got the last week of Year 7 off school.. so it was sort of worth it.

I hope they're starting to feel better now though.

:huglove: wait.. don't touch me.. :naughty:

Question. What's on that middle Toffee Apple?? I'm sure the answer won't surprise me, but I can't think of what it would be for some reason.

Suzy I hope your daughter is doing OK!

The (gross) pics I posted are my little boy Oscar last June, he had over 1500 spots on Day 4 ....I stopped counting at 1500, there were so many in his hair I couldn't be bothered after that. I would never wish bad CP on anyone. I spared you the close-up pics of them on his actual eyeball, but they were in his mouth, his ears, his bum, just everywhere. By the time they were that bad he was running round happy, the fever had passed and he was just having fun off school. They didn't even itch really. But he had a big fight one night with his sister, and a spot on his nose got knocked off, and left one of those classic CP craters, which he will have his whole life I suppose! Never mind, Mika has scars too, you can see them in the right light....

normal_8ayxs0j.jpg

How did you never get the chicken pox!???? It is horrible! And I had mine and yours!!!!

I have no idea how I survived them. I once had a few dots as a baby where the docs weren't sure if it was chicken pox. I think it was because I survived even my the pox if my cousins who I used to spend veeeery much time with even when they had them. Maybe I'm just lucky :naughty: . Or I'll get them really bad when my future kids will :blink:

Question. What's on that middle Toffee Apple?? I'm sure the answer won't surprise me, but I can't think of what it would be for some reason.

Crushed peanuts. :wink2:

Suzy I hope your daughter is doing OK!

The (gross) pics I posted are my little boy Oscar last June, he had over 1500 spots on Day 4 ....I stopped counting at 1500, there were so many in his hair I couldn't be bothered after that. I would never wish bad CP on anyone. I spared you the close-up pics of them on his actual eyeball, but they were in his mouth, his ears, his bum, just everywhere. By the time they were that bad he was running round happy, the fever had passed and he was just having fun off school. They didn't even itch really. But he had a big fight one night with his sister, and a spot on his nose got knocked off, and left one of those classic CP craters, which he will have his whole life I suppose! Never mind, Mika has scars too, you can see them in the right light....

:jawdrop: 1500! OMG. We're only on day 3 but no where near that!

Oh, Blue Sky - now you helped us with perspective and we should be really grateful. You're Oscar was such a trooper!

Have we ever found out what made that scar above Mika's brow? :naughty:

I have no idea how I survived them. I once had a few dots as a baby where the docs weren't sure if it was chicken pox. I think it was because I survived even my the pox if my cousins who I used to spend veeeery much time with even when they had them. Maybe I'm just lucky :naughty: . Or I'll get them really bad when my future kids will :blink:

Funny enough, I thought my daughter had them when she was 2 ( a very mild case). Perhaps she did, and it was mild - which is why she's gotten it again. :blink: No, Haeschen, you don't ever want them as an adult - my sis-in-law had them and they're worse (I think they become shingles instead). Really bad.

Now I'm debating , whether I should go to a conference today for work. The most important one of the year for my role. It's been planned for months. But going would mean I'll be gone all day and all night and not seeing my daughter until tomorrow when she wakes. :thumbdown: Daddy will be home. But Emily ultimately wants Mommy all the time, especially when she's not feeling well. I will feel guilty if I go. Aaah - still haven't decided. I will go to spin class and then decide.

Laugh at me if you will, but I have never eaten one of those apples on a stick...you call them candy apples? We call them toffee apples. Isn't it hard to bite them? Don't you nearly break your teeth?

Or are they tough on the outside and soft in the middle? Is there some kind of metaphorical connection?

Aw, you're a good mom Suzy. Those apples look great! I hope Emily's feeling better and you didn't have to go to that conference.

Laugh at me if you will, but I have never eaten one of those apples on a stick...you call them candy apples? We call them toffee apples. Isn't it hard to bite them? Don't you nearly break your teeth?

We have candy apples and toffee apples (usually called caramel). The red coating isn't made with butter so it's not toffee.

The coating is thin and pliable enough that you don't break your teeth. :biggrin2:

Ok, so I don't have anything to say right now, but I don't want the thread to die...

Did you go to your reunion Suzy?

Where are you ppl? :crybaby:

Don't worry Pip, this thread won't die, it just sometimes drops down when we have nothing much to say, then it will come up again when we do.

This is like my "home" on MFC, like the rest of the apples I will keep coming back.

Aw, you're a good mom Suzy. Those apples look great! I hope Emily's feeling better and you didn't have to go to that conference.

We have candy apples and toffee apples (usually called caramel). The red coating isn't made with butter so it's not toffee.

The coating is thin and pliable enough that you don't break your teeth. :biggrin2:

We call the red ones toffee apples too, but really it is like a boiled sweet.

How's Emily this morning, Suzy?

Don't worry Pip, this thread won't die, it just sometimes drops down when we have nothing much to say, then it will come up again when we do.

Because usually we have sth to say :newyear:

This is like my "home" on MFC, like the rest of the apples I will keep coming back.

:wub2:

Is there some kind of metaphorical connection?

Sweet on the outside...tart and sour on the inside. :naughty:

Thanks, but not as good as daddy - he stayed home. I went to the conference. My turn to stay home today.

How's Emily this morning, Suzy?

Much better today, thanks! :thumb_yello:

Hey Pip - Yes, apples draw me in. But some have been MIA lately...I miss some of them. Haven't seen Kata, Jack, and Scut lately.. :sad:

And you won't see me for a bit now, as tomorrow I am off to my conference...except it is in ITALY!! Yay!! I had hoped to see avoca and robi, but they don't live anywhere near where I am going. Oh, and one night in Paris to see my cousin on the way home next week.

Pity there are no Mika gigs....:mf_rosetinted:

So see you all next week. PM me if anything important happens!!

And you won't see me for a bit now, as tomorrow I am off to my conference...except it is in ITALY!! Yay!! I had hoped to see avoca and robi, but they don't live anywhere near where I am going. Oh, and one night in Paris to see my cousin on the way home next week.

Wow! Conference in Italy...I didn't even get a room where mine was held. See you next week Blue Sky! Hopefully, we'll have something more exciting for you to come back to. Have a great time!

Hey Pip - Yes, apples draw me in. But some have been MIA lately...I miss some of them. Haven't seen Kata, Jack, and Scut lately.. :sad:

I'm sorry I don't get what "draw in" means? :blink:

It's quiet this evening too, but it's alright I have some searching to do :sneaky2:

I'm sure when the announcement is made we'll have plenty to talk about:thumb_yello:

Have a great time in good old Europe. See you next week.

Much better today, thanks! :thumb_yello:

Good to hear your daughter is better. I hope she will be completely well again soon.

Is anyone hear? It has been so quiet in here lately. I hope you're all ok.