Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Call the police!

Luke is not with Mika anymore, he doesn't know why, we don't know why. We don't know who does know why!

We are upset and shocked!

wtf??

why!

how did he find out?

did he cancel a show and didnt tell luke.

but luke found out that he played a secret gig with an other keyboarder?

i hate the big m!!

wtf??

why!

how did he find out?

did he cancel a show and didnt tell luke.

but luke found out that he played a secret gig with an other keyboarder?

i hate the big m!!

Almost. No, seriously, from what we know... almost.

--Jack

Babs and Sara met Luke on Wednesday or so and he told them when they mentioned looking forward to seeing him at the summer shows. :-/

--Jack

Norway!!

where did they meet him?

i would love to walk down the street and meet him!

did he say something else?

and luke wanted to stay in the band?

You should message babs, I only know what I've read on here!

They met him at a Sara Bareilles concert I think, and they chatted, and he invited them to his own show the next night and put them on the guest list. He was super nice. :thumb_yello:

And from what he said, yeah, leaving the band was not his decision and he could not say much about it, and was not told why he was let go. As of whenever this happened.

--Jack

You should message babs, I only know what I've read on here!

They met him at a Sara Bareilles concert I think, and they chatted, and he invited them to his own show the next night and put them on the guest list. He was super nice. :thumb_yello:

And from what he said, yeah, leaving the band was not his decision and he could not say much about it, and was not told why he was let go. As of whenever this happened.

--Jack

He seems really nice :wub2:

And now i feel sad :sad:

I'm another one of those people who are "reserving judgement" because of not knowing enough details. I'm a bit like the Queen "We are not amused" on the topic of Luke being given notice without details as to why.

But on the subject of the MFC being told anything... I have to say I'm surprised at the people who thought we would be told anything. As loud and vocal as we can be, and as much as there are plenty of people on here who Mika's actually met and recognises as fans, I sometimes feel that as a forum we overestimate our importance in the grand scheme of things. We are not Mika's only fans. There aren't even enough people on this forum to fill the Paris stadium even if we did manage to get every single member there. So the majority of people will not be MFC'ers. How many of the those fans would notice that Mika had a new keyboardist? How many of them would even know Luke's name? I didn't before I joined the forum and back then I could care less. So for most of the world Mika may not feel that he needs to announce or explain anything. OK, so the MFC is a bit different. But I'm pretty sure there is not a continuous theme running in the back of his mind "oh and if I make that decision i'd better remember to inform the MFC!". I just don't think we figure in his thinking that much. And from the point of view of gifts to be given to Luke etc Mika may "know" that people are fans of Luke and might be wanting to give him gifts, but why would he be consciously thinking about it? It's a bit like electricity. I "know" how electricity works and that if I've paid my bill I should have a supply to my house, but I really don't consciously think about it that much. I just go and flick the switch. It does it's thing. End of story.

If people disagree with me that's fine, this is just how I feel.

Found this thread today...

I couldn't understand a lot of it, it's a bit like Lena's Russian translator. Anybody else know enough French to make this make more sense?

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1543590#post1543590

"In less than a year, he has the world at his feet. Today, its pop bubble fluorescent far ahead of the rankings. For us, he plays engravings fashion ... And that, too, he does!

Published on 13.10.2007, by Laurent Mereu-Boulch

An angel passes ... At first glance, the new Saturday night fever seems completely harmless and has no reason to give you sweat. With his eyes dog beaten, his bouclettes to Dominique Rocheteau, another angel too, hugging her jeans, her voice soft and his super polished (cé?) , Mika, tall and handsome boy filiform looks more like an engraving Fashion at Paul Smith, of which he was a dummy ephemeral, at the last dance machine of the moment.

Throughout the summer, however, Mika has pushed the mercury to the maximum in boxes fashionable Saint-Tropez and Ibiza, flared evenings on campsites the Atlantic Coast and served as slim and lavish arrangements of millions of nightclubbers that removed toxins on tubesques Relax, Take it Easy and Grace Kelly.

"I always wanted to be successful. When I started singing, six years ago, it was said that I was weird, that what I was doing was ridiculous. But I have not dropped the case. This is what I am most proud of today have sold as many albums with the music that I was dreaming. Like what, you should always fight in life. The feeling of revenge is not for me, because it would give too much credit to people that I hate, "he says in a near-perfect french he sprinkles occasionally English words.

Mika, 24, of nationality américano-libanaise, London resident since the age of 10. Inevitably, by dint of making the promotional tour of meals on TV, her story started, but we let him tell us again because it contains all the ingredients that make his career one of the most exciting and incredible success stories of recent months.

A birth So, in 1983, in Beirut, Lebanon in chaos. His evacuation under the Israeli bombs by the American army. The arrival in Paris. His father taken hostage and transferred to the American embassy in Kuwait. The departure to London, dyslexia and "buddies who dealt with tapette." His singing lessons with the "snobbish" as he says, that does juraient by classical music or pop super underground. Its hundreds of models sent to the homes of drives to end up in the waste. Then the signing, finally, with Universal after a casting past in the lobby of a hotel."

The relocation and the difficult times that I experienced during the early years of my life, particularly in London me to m'isoler. Then I refused to learn to read or write, and even speak. I was dismissed from school for more than six months. It was at that moment that the music has become really important. It helped me re-entering the world around me. I knew at 7 years than I travaillerais never in an office like my father. I wanted a career in Art. Yet, in 19 years, I had managed to enter the contest at the London School of Economics and Political Science. I went there one day. I was watching the clock. I was white, I kept telling me go, it is necessary that you kinds. Then I got up and I took my business. People looked at me, thinking that I was going to vomit. I did never returned. I joined later by the Royal College of Music. "

Hurricane Mika has been going on for eight months: a wind of the hype mercilessly swept everything in its path. With more than three million Cartoon Life in Motion sold worldwide, including 850,000 in France, the action continues Mika today haste on the accounting of his own record, which finally found a smile in an area where reign past five years, a gloomy and deleterious. Philippe Laugier, project manager at Barclay: "To be honest, we were so unprepared for such a success that it was necessary to review our marketing strategy. In view of the serious crisis in the record industry is undergoing, these sales are truly exceptional, even unexpected. "

This is confirmed by Olivier Nuc journalist Figaro Magazine: "At a time when everyone is despair in the recording industry, where we break contracts on a massive scale, this is a guy who cartonne. Rather, it is reassuring and it proves that the market for CD is not dead. "

"After England, continues Philippe Laugier, France is the second country in the world where Mika has sold the most records. The public was very touched that he grew up in Paris, he speaks french perfectly and he knows our culture. I also believe that his resumption of Champs in the issuance Taratata has played in its favor. The reasons for its success are coming here because it is transgénérationnel. It does not have a specific target. It truly touches the 7-77 years. Many buyers disk Mika do not yet have the culture of downloading. But beyond his personality and his history, we must recognize that its success is primarily due to the intrinsic quality of his songs

Considering airplane, it's true, the success of Mika is not your robbery of the year. By concentrating in three minutes chrono mind prewar cabaret, sweet melodies of the sixties, extravagance and sequins 70s, hedonism and box rhythms 80s, Mika was able to put everyone in his pocket, because almost unique in the recent history of music, like Amy Winehouse.

From the press to the most popular newspapers, the International branchitude fans Michel Berger, young to the elderly, gays to straight, it was full of praise on the young man whose talent is undeniable. "This situation is the kind of artist unifying analysis on its side Hugo Cassavetti, Télérama. It's funny, fresh and dancing. He composes his own songs, he plays several instruments, it is really going for a while. He falls at the leading edge of consensus. For me, this is the Anglo-Saxon version of Christophe Willem less manufactured. In short, Mika is truly in the air. "

If the past few months has seriously taken up pop colors, showed the balls faceted, rehabilitated shovel passes pie and Brushing in the George Michael with Mika, it is probably also to a whole generation of artists who extravagant and extroverted like him feel inheritors of a tradition of music hall. "In concert," says Hugo Cassavetti, Mika gesticule like a madman, there are multicolored balloons that fall into the crowd, sometimes disguised as a giant lion surrounded by his musicians. It's really the singer Récré A2. "

Because unlike Freddie Mercury, Scissor Sisters, Elton John or even Rufus Wainwright, yet it is frequently compared, Mika is not the kind of sexual ambiguity to cultivate and statements blinking. Hugo Cassavetti: "It n'incarne not a threat to the mother, he seduced girls, gays, big sisters, the reader of Inrockuptibles like TV 7 days. It's pretty much like that seen because it ratisse really wide. For me, it does perhaps not enough risks and I think still on the reserve. I expect to see really his second album. "

Perhaps because, by dint of telling his story loop, Mika feared entering the downward spiral of "pipolisation" who has sent more than one on the train: "I am very careful not to m'étaler on my privacy. I know that you, journalists, you always wait for it gives you more crispness. I do not want to go into this game I do not want to be a star in the manner of a Paris Hilton or a Britney Spears, who are already flinguées to 30 years. "Mika certainly, but not a Mickey either!

My ribs hurt with laughter after reading that article. The joys of dodgy translators. :lmfao:

Oh, the English version of that article was posted ages ago, it's nothing new. I don't think I'd be able to find it right now, but I remember reading it.

By the way, chickadee, I agree that Mika doesn't owe us any info whatsoever. It would have been nice to get an update about Luke leaving, but not at all necessary. All of my "non-amusement" is for Luke's sake entirely: as people keep saying ad nauseam, the way it was handled in regards to Luke.

But I will admit I am not against making enough whiny noise now to require some kind of statement. (As in, making enough noise so that Mika's management feels he should make some kind of explanation/statement to quiet us down.) Again, not for anything he owes to us, but just as a kind of response to what happened in general. You know, "if you thought no-one was going to call you on this, you're wrong."

It's kind of petty on my side to go about it like this, so I won't mind much if a statement doesn't happen, but I really do hope they sort it out with Luke at least. I feel that when people do something like letting someone go without explanation it's because they're trying to dodge confrontation, and thus minimize all discomfort for themselves at the expense of the other person's comfort, and I really think that's weak.

--Jack

Do you know what i'm doing right now? :kaf:

No. You probably don't and must be dying to know

so i'll tell ya :ap_rosetinted:

I should be in bed but instead i'm watching this great show on automatic gates, isn't it fantastic? !:ap_rosetinted:

:ap_rosetinted: I'm desperate

I should be in bed but instead i'm watching this great show on automatic gates, isn't it fantastic? !:ap_rosetinted:

Go to bed girl!:poke:

:naughty:

Oh, the English version of that article was posted ages ago, it's nothing new. I don't think I'd be able to find it right now, but I remember reading it.

By the way, chickadee, I agree that Mika doesn't owe us any info whatsoever. It would have been nice to get an update about Luke leaving, but not at all necessary. All of my "non-amusement" is for Luke's sake entirely: as people keep saying ad nauseam, the way it was handled in regards to Luke.

But I will admit I am not against making enough whiny noise now to require some kind of statement. (As in, making enough noise so that Mika's management feels he should make some kind of explanation/statement to quiet us down.) Again, not for anything he owes to us, but just as a kind of response to what happened in general. You know, "if you thought no-one was going to call you on this, you're wrong."

It's kind of petty on my side to go about it like this, so I won't mind much if a statement doesn't happen, but I really do hope they sort it out with Luke at least. I feel that when people do something like letting someone go without explanation it's because they're trying to dodge confrontation, and thus minimize all discomfort for themselves at the expense of the other person's comfort, and I really think that's weak.

--Jack

As someone who avoids confrontation at all costs because of the discomfort it causes me (not that I've ever sacked anyone or even been anyone's boss to sack someone), I'd never thought about it from that point of view. The older I get the more I recognise how egocentric I am, and that's just another way for it to manifest I suppose. And no-one's ever called me on the whole dodging confrontation thing and therefore I haven't had that outside point of view. Enlightening!

They actually bother to make tv shows about automatic gates?? That's just crazy!

They actually bother to make tv shows about automatic gates?? That's just crazy!

Yeah isn't it??

And the crazier is that i actually watched it (well not all the show).

I must say i was amazed by the subject i think :hypo:

Did you know that some ppl pay more than 5000€ to have an automatic gate :jawdrop:

I'm leaving now, good night everyone :huglove:

ouch :boxed:

Now i can't sleep cause of the pain thanks :ap_rosetinted:

:roftl: ok i'll go but i'm sure i won't sleep till 3am.. :bye: and good night! :kaf:

Sorry!:wink2:

:huglove:

From one night owl to another!

As someone who avoids confrontation at all costs because of the discomfort it causes me (not that I've ever sacked anyone or even been anyone's boss to sack someone), I'd never thought about it from that point of view. The older I get the more I recognise how egocentric I am, and that's just another way for it to manifest I suppose. And no-one's ever called me on the whole dodging confrontation thing and therefore I haven't had that outside point of view. Enlightening!

It's not so bad if you're absorbing a lot of the incidental discomfort yourself--like if a friend or your co-worker bugs you in some way, but you don't want to call them on it because you hate confrontation.

But if, for instance, you start to avoid that friend because of it without letting them know, then you're privileging your own comfort over theirs, as surely they're wondering why and may be upset about it and have no way to rectify the situation.

Generally though, people do it a lot in relationships: ie, someone dumps their bf/gf and then cuts off all contact rather than either explain why and give closure, or face the anger and hurt that's sure to follow. I have very very little respect for people who do that--I think that when you end a relationship (unless the other person was abusive or something), you owe it to the other person to put up with some discomfort. You're causing them plenty, after all.

--Jack

showed the balls faceted, rehabilitated shovel passes pie

Wow. I've got a vivid imagination and the imagery that I just conjured up is not something I could post here. :roftl:

I feel that when people do something like letting someone go without explanation it's because they're trying to dodge confrontation, and thus minimize all discomfort for themselves at the expense of the other person's comfort, and I really think that's weak.

--Jack

Agree with chickadee that this is an excellent deduction Jack. :thumb_yello:

You guys are funny--I thought that was kind of just one of the facts of life, not a deduction or anything. :bleh:

I wonder actually, DOES Luke know yet? Would he even tell us if he did, or would we have any way to know, other than messaging the poor guy on a constant basis? It would be kinda rich if we kept on with the righteous indignation way after Luke was actually given all the proper info, etc.

--Jack