Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Midsummer?

the summer's tomorrow for me and it's the..., how do you say this? Music day?

:yay: :yay::band:

Well, actually it is tonight. But tomorrow is the first summer day, it`s true.

Music day??

Well, actually it is tonight. But tomorrow is the first summer day, it`s true.

Music day??

Yes, every 21st of June, in the city there's band playing almost everywhere, actually in my town there will be sth great, they even convinced Micky Green :shocked::punk:

It's huge here, and all night the subway/bus is free, there's lots of ppl in the streets. I think in other countries in Europe they do it too.

Yes, every 21st of June, in the city there's band playing almost everywhere, actually in my town there will be sth great, they even convinced Micky Green :shocked:

It's huge here, and all night the subway/bus is free, there's lots of ppl in the streets. I think in other countries in Europe they do it too.

La Fête de La Musique is 100% French :mf_rosetinted: was created by Jack Lang, former minister of Culture a few years ago (don't ask too much :naughty:) and since it was a brilliant idea (isn't it, really !), and a few other countries accross Europe indeed decided to do it (celebrate music one day in the year)... I don't know if it's on the same day everywhere, though...

I'm happy to see how far it has come ! it's a brilliant idea, as i said before, and brilliant enough to say it 3 times :biggrin2: people all over the country are making this day musical (more or less good :fisch:), in the streets, the bars, special events, real concerts, etc. and everybody's happy :punk: for one day... can't participate tomorrow, sadly... for a good reason : i'm flying to Martinique !!! :yay:

I know I'm far from a true apple, but can I just, you know, hang out here and sip an appletini?

Please tell me there's slightly less insanity in here than out there.

*agrees* It seems pretty relaxed in here. Thank God. *puts on lounge music*

La Fête de La Musique is 100% French :mf_rosetinted: was created by Jack Lang, former minister of Culture a few years ago (don't ask too much :naughty:) and since it was a brilliant idea (isn't it, really !), and a few other countries accross Europe indeed decided to do it (celebrate music one day in the year)... I don't know if it's on the same day everywhere, though...

I'm happy to see how far it has come ! it's a brilliant idea, as i said before, and brilliant enough to say it 3 times :biggrin2: people all over the country are making this day musical (more or less good), in the streets, the bars, special events, real concerts, etc. and everybody's happy :punk: for one day... can't participate tomorrow, sadly... for a good reason : i'm flying to Martinique !!! :yay:

:shocked: If there was a way for me to get to France in the next 5 hours, I'd so be there...I guess I'll just have to introduce the concept to Canada then :wink2:

There've been a few comments in here about how we can say what we like in here, thank goodness. (I probably made one myself as I always retreat to my forum home when it gets too hot out there)

If others make us feel like that, isn't that a form of bullying?

To be honest, I'm sick to the back teeth of people telling me how to behave, I'm strictly in the camp of those that say MFC is real and life is like that, it's all down to how sensitive people are etc etc.

A point I would like to make here is that I am really grateful to those apples (and some who post here who think they aren't apples but who probably are :ap_rosetinted:), that have the fantastic reasoning and debating skills that I lack, but because we think along the same lines, I feel they are speaking for me.

I couldn't hope to answer in the way some of you do and someone needs to present the other side to many of the arguments that rage on (and on) in this forum.

As an aside, I am just wondering, I can be a bit cutting and sarcastic on the forum but IRL I am quite nice (and very very kind to animals), I wonder if those who put forward such a goody goody attitude on here are the opposite IRL.......:mf_rosetinted:

There've been a few comments in here about how we can say what we like in here, thank goodness. (I probably made one myself as I always retreat to my forum home when it gets too hot out there)

To be honest, I'm sick to the back teeth of people telling me how to behave, I'm strictly in the camp of those that say MFC is real and life is like that, it's all down to how sensitive people are etc etc.

A point I would like to make here is that I am really grateful to those apples (and some who post here who think they aren't apples but who probably are :ap_rosetinted:), that have the fantastic reasoning and debating skills that I lack, but because we think along the same lines, I feel they are speaking for me.

I couldn't hope to answer in the way some of you do and someone needs to present the other side to many of the arguments that rage on (and on) in this forum.

As an aside, I am just wondering, I can be a bit cutting and sarcastic on the forum but IRL I am quite nice (and very very kind to animals), I wonder if those who put forward such a goody goody attitude on here are the opposite IRL.......:mf_rosetinted:

*lurking when I should really not be*

I agree Bab, it's going a bit too far imo by the oversensitive brigade.

I'm actually quite sensitive as well, but I try to be reasonable, which I don't think can be said if we have arguments like "I feel bullied or mistreated because people ignore me on a thread"

Stick these people in some RL situations and then they will realise what being mistreated actually is.

I guess it bothers me because in my mind, it's sort of disrespectful to people who ARE mistreated or bullied in reality.

Ok, so maybe to someone who just comes out and reads about OL it seems a bit over the top, probably it would make sense, but don't they think that maybe people have reasons?

Anyway I should be off so chat later!

It's summer, the weather's just about perfect, and I spent this evening taking in some musical theatre in the company of a handsome young man.

Unfortunately he was just a friend. :thumbdown:

This is where I'm annoyed not to have a boyfriend, but specifically not to still be with the ex boyfriend, since all the long winter months that we were dating and could hardly step outside, I daydreamed of all the things we could do when the weather got warm. :huh: Oh well.

--Jack

It's summer, the weather's just about perfect, and I spent this evening taking in some musical theatre in the company of a handsome young man.

This is where I'm annoyed not to have a boyfriend, but specifically not to still be with the ex boyfriend, since all the long winter months that we were dating and could hardly step outside, I daydreamed of all the things we could do when the weather got warm. :huh: Oh well.

--Jack

But long winter months and not stepping outside can have advantages too?

Well, I seem to remember that from the dim,dark, distant past anyway. :naughty:

But long winter months and not stepping outside can have advantages too?

Well, I seem to remember that from the dim,dark, distant past anyway. :naughty:

Oh, we did our share of that. :naughty::blush-anim-cl: But still!! Sunshine and walks in the parks and picnics and so on!

--Jack

Be happy to have a home!

Give your cat’s a little pet from me, from one cat geek to another!:naughty:

*lurking when I should really not be*

I agree Bab, it's going a bit too far imo by the oversensitive brigade.

I'm actually quite sensitive as well, but I try to be reasonable, which I don't think can be said if we have arguments like "I feel bullied or mistreated because people ignore me on a thread"

Stick these people in some RL situations and then they will realise what being mistreated actually is.

I guess it bothers me because in my mind, it's sort of disrespectful to people who ARE mistreated or bullied in reality.

Ok, so maybe to someone who just comes out and reads about OL it seems a bit over the top, probably it would make sense, but don't they think that maybe people have reasons?

Anyway I should be off so chat later!

In the risk of repeating myself:

Can it be age differences?

Different expectations of what a fan club/forum is for?

Different levels of maturity?

And yeah, kudos to the persons who stand by their opinions and keeps on discusses and explains with patience worthy of a saint!:thumb_yello:

It may not seem so…. but even for me, every time I log in I have to tell myself not to be emotionally involved….:sad:

--Jack

I’m not going to give you some cheesy saying about loosing and finding boyfriends….:cool:

I couldn't agree more. This whole thing came about because someone was sacked and felt cast aside by an organization they had lived and worked with for 2 years. We can go round and round in circles about not knowing all sides of the story, who was at fault, whether it was justified, blah, blah. But I'm sure those of you who spoke to Luke saw that this was upsetting to him and that's the bottom line, whatever the circumstances.

This is a little more relevant to me than an obvious troll being mocked on an internet forum. Let's get some perspective people. This isn't the real world. If you don't like what someone has written on your screen, then go to another thread or just turn your computer off.

What a simple life this would be if all problems could be solved so easily.

Aw, sorry Jack. Hopefully the summer months will bring about opportunities to meet new boys. :wink2:

I feel the same way about what's been going on here lately. I remember when I joined MFC there was alot of people saying it was like an escape to come here. Well, I think it still is in 95% of the active threads. This place is pretty cushy. It's not hard to just unsubscribe or avoid whatever threads aren't catering to your fancy.

I'm sorry to hear that Jack. I'm in the same position. I got a text from my ex the other day letting me know the baby had arrived. I haven't, couldn't and don't particularly want to reply because I wanted to be a bitch and say "poor kid". I'm happy he's moved on because we weren't ever going to last (there were irreconcilable differences) but it still doesn't make it any easier. I mostly miss going out for dinner and movies on the weekends.. :(

But.. Something better always comes along. And I've enjoyed my bachelorette stage.

We could always join up on one of those dating sites together for a laugh :wink2::naughty:

just sticking my todays fav evrywhere.....

so hi Apples!

20867864e39dd383a48e27e5dc59570a0a2280d.gif

Ha ha! There's five of them. Which one is you? :naughty:

*Waves hello*

I'm childless this weekend - sent both kids camping. I've already watched 2 movies I rented today - The Other Boleyn Girl, starring Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson, and Things We Lost in the Fire with Halle Berry and Benicio del Toro (he is no pretty boy, but something about him is sooooo sexy.)

Give them both a 6.5 out of 10. Glad I rented them and didn't pay full price at the movie theatre.

I also bought the first season of Sex and The City out of curiosity because I have yet to see one full episode and want to know what all the fuss is about.

I hope to pluck my eyebrows tomorrow and finish reading The Guest.

I've so needed a lazy weekend for the loooongest time.

Jack and Kelzy- these are the kinds of things you can enjoy while you're single.

(Although I must admit, closetmikafan didn't mind watching the 2 chickflick movies with me) :bleh:

maybe it is just a reflection of a split personality?....

many faces - many bums?

and speaking of X-es and music nights in France - jus got a txt from one that is driving there:naughty:

....however a day for yourself:wub2:

Ha ha! There's five of them. Which one is you? :naughty:

*Waves hello*

I'm childless this weekend - sent both kids camping. I've already watched 2 movies I rented today - The Other Boleyn Girl, starring Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson, and Things We Lost in the Fire with Halle Berry and Benicio del Toro (he is no pretty boy, but something about him is sooooo sexy.)

Give them both a 6.5 out of 10. Glad I rented them and didn't pay full price at the movie theatre.

I also bought the first season of Sex and The City out of curiosity because I have yet to see one full episode and want to know what all the fuss is about.

I hope to pluck my eyebrows tomorrow and finish reading The Guest.

I've so needed a lazy weekend for the loooongest time.

Jack and Kelzy- these are the kinds of things you can enjoy while you're single.

(Although I must admit, closetmikafan didn't mind watching the 2 chickflick movies with me) :bleh:

See we had The Other Boleyn girl as a tv series maybe 3 years ago, it was pretty good (I had already read the book) and I just didn't see the point of making a film out of it. Not so soon after a credible tv adapatation anyway, but that's probably Hollywood for you.

Regarding The Other Boleyn Girl, - a good history lesson for me though (regarding King Henry VIII). Goes to show that regardless of your pedigree or nobility (or lack of one), a person can portray refinement,prudishness, righteousness and entitlement on the outside, but beneath the surface, there is a rotten, dirty, savage side.

Kinda like what you explained the other day, Babs (about MFCers here). :naughty:

Ha, thanks for all your well-wishes everyone. :bleh: Yeah, being single's not so bad. Gives me plenty time for Mika fansites!

Ooooh, Babs, I'd never heard of TOB tv adaptation! I will look into it, that sounds great if it's a good one.

Regarding The Other Boleyn Girl, - a good history lesson for me though (regarding King Henry VIII). Goes to show that regardless of your pedigree or nobility (or lack of one), a person can portray refinement,prudishness, righteousness and entitlement on the outside, but beneath the surface, there is a rotten, dirty, savage side.

Kinda like what you explained the other day, Babs (about MFCers here). :naughty:

Suze, from what I understand the movie very much simplifies and sometimes alters the historical events as presented in the book (though the book is also not 100% historically accurate, like I think they reverse Mary's and Anne's ages). But I would very much recommend the book--I enjoyed it greatly. :thumb_yello: Haven't seen the film because it looks a bit too Hollywood to me...

--Jack

Oh I'm glad I didn't even rent them then. I downloaded The Other Boleyn Girl last week but haven't watched it yet.

I've read a lot of Tudor history so we'll see how accurate it is. These Hollywood productions are usually pretty far fetched. Even Elizabeth, which I thought was a brilliant movie, seemed to take a lot of license with the truth. I don't think historians believe she was going around banging the likes of Joseph Fiennes. (But who on earth could blame her. :bleh:)