Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

Happy birthday Christine :yay:

guess that's it, really don't have anything else to say at the moment :boxed:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have a happy birthday Christine!! :yay: (Or what ever kind you'd like though, not trying to force you). Oh, anyway :yay:

I think I missed to congratulate some other people that I wished I'd remembered. I do that and don't like it.

Here's some nice music for you and

IMG_0387.JPG

Some gig (missed to hear the location) of The Kooks is aired by my favourite radio station right now and is quite enjoyable :pbjt:

Welcome back Suzy! You were missed here, but I see you've been putting your non-MFC time to good use. Still, it's nice to see you back here.

Happy birthday Christine! Guess what, for your birthday I dug out that picture from the secret gig Mika had in your livingroom...

ChristineMika.jpg

I love this so much. I do think Mika needs to be a little less red and shiny though, or else Christine needs to be a bit more, to make the lighting more realistic... but I say that if you can make those modifications, Christine should make that her avatar or her signature, and see how many people (who haven't stopped into the birthday thread--I almost missed it myself) fall for it!

--Jack

Is someone on here?

I'm exhausted even though i didn't do a thing today (don't we have a smiley who is sleeping?)

I've been watching episodes of Sabrina the teenage witch, i used to watch it every saturday and wednesday morning when i was around 9 or 10 and a bit after, did some of you watch it?

ChristineMika.jpg

I love this so much. I do think Mika needs to be a little less red and shiny though, or else Christine needs to be a bit more, to make the lighting more realistic... but I say that if you can make those modifications, Christine should make that her avatar or her signature, and see how many people (who haven't stopped into the birthday thread--I almost missed it myself) fall for it!

--Jack

He was all red and shiny because he was so drunk that night. Christine kept giving him shots of Grappa. I'll fix it.

How's this?

ChristineMika-1.jpg

He was so drunk he barely moved after that. Perez Hilton was at Christine's place that night too...

fileCA5DA7I4.jpg

(Actually it was a bit of a job to get Perez out of the picture... I had to recreate the sofa. You can see it in the pillow where I got pretty lazy with it!)

He was all red and shiny because he was so drunk that night. Christine kept giving him shots of Grappa. I'll fix it.

How's this?

ChristineMika-1.jpg

Very nice! He's still rather drunk-looking but now it's more convincingly similar lighting. Christine, srs, use this as your avatar or your sig!

I also think I know now who the mastermind behind our next April Fool will be...

--Jack

Good Afternoon Everyone.

--Jack

I think it looks awesome, :bow:

And agree with those suggestions too.

Is someone on here?

I'm exhausted even though i didn't do a thing today (don't we have a smiley who is sleeping?)

I've been watching episodes of Sabrina the teenage witch, i used to watch it every saturday and wednesday morning when i was around 9 or 10 and a bit after, did some of you watch it?

Heya Pip! Yeah there's the sleep_1 smiley :sleep_1:

I used to watch it too.. *Points to cat named Salem*

DSC01500.jpg

This is our weather today and Salem is not impressed by mummy tricking him that it is warm outside. It's actually really cold.

How's this?

ChristineMika-1.jpg

He was so drunk he barely moved after that. Perez Hilton was at Christine's place that night too...

Wow! That's looks heaps better already. :thumb_yello:

One suggestion. The shine on Mika's face and neck needs smudging/fixing. It's something I often forget to do when I'm photoshopping, but when I remember to do it the photo always looks more realistic. :wink2:

But still, someone always says "Err that's soo photoshopped it sucks"

(And they normally can't photoshop) :thumbdown:

Very nice! He's still rather drunk-looking but now it's more convincingly similar lighting. Christine, srs, use this as your avatar or your sig!

I also think I know now who the mastermind behind our next April Fool will be...

--Jack

Yes and I think we need early planning too!

My actual problem with it is that it confuses children about affection and who can and can't kiss you.

I'm wondering now what you all think of that, Oh wise Apples. :bow:

Well, coming from a somewhat European background, I'm a bit confused as to what the problem is? My Russian relatives are also more kissy--I just try to go along with it, since that's just how it's done. Not so much on the lips, but what does it matter? I mean, I can understand not wanting to have them kiss you if you're uncomfortable with it (I might as well) but I don't get why it has to be confusing to children... surely it's not too confusing in Germany.

If I get what you're saying, you're worried about molestation, but that's a different thing... I mean, I actually think it's really sad that American culture is so hypersensitive about any sort of physical affection between children and especially their fathers. Certainly, if it makes the child uncomfortable, people should watch their distance, but it's really weird to me how Americans seem to almost make all physical contact with children have a sexual cast because they're so paranoid about it, so that no one can approach a child without having that in the back of their minds. Like, Americans think it's really weird when a child sleeps in the parents' bed past a certain age, but it doesn't have to be weird at all. What's weird to me is when people seem to think just by virtue of people sharing a bed there'll be something sexual going on.

--Jack

ChristineMika-1.jpg

Brilliant. :roftl:

Awww, I used to love that show. :cheerful_h4h: I used to have a crush on Sabrina (Melissa Joan Hart). :naughty:

Well, coming from a somewhat European background, I'm a bit confused as to what the problem is? My Russian relatives are also more kissy--I just try to go along with it, since that's just how it's done. Not so much on the lips, but what does it matter? I mean, I can understand not wanting to have them kiss you if you're uncomfortable with it (I might as well) but I don't get why it has to be confusing to children... surely it's not too confusing in Germany.

If I get what you're saying, you're worried about molestation, but that's a different thing... I mean, I actually think it's really sad that American culture is so hypersensitive about any sort of physical affection between children and especially their fathers. Certainly, if it makes the child uncomfortable, people should watch their distance, but it's really weird to me how Americans seem to almost make all physical contact with children have a sexual cast because they're so paranoid about it, so that no one can approach a child without having that in the back of their minds. Like, Americans think it's really weird when a child sleeps in the parents' bed past a certain age, but it doesn't have to be weird at all. What's weird to me is when people seem to think just by virtue of people sharing a bed there'll be something sexual going on.

--Jack

I actually deleted the post because I was worried it might go into a direction I personally wasn't entirely prepared to discuss. You mentioned molestation. And that's the connection to it that I find disturbing.

Secondly, later on in my life an older cousin said to me "Don't let Uncle Wal kiss you. He's got herpes." :boxed:

Thirdly, due to having an immune disease, I'm not comfortable with unnecessary germ spreading. :naughty:

But, my real concern is about the impact it has on an impressionable young female. You said it yourself in your post "I just try to go along with it". I stopped wanting to go along with it when I realised not everyone did it. I had also had, by that time, a few experiences where I thought that I just had to go along with it.

I don't mind hugging and cheek kissing and do that instead. But kissing someone directly on the lips feels to personal for me.

I actually deleted the post because I was worried it might go into a direction I personally wasn't entirely prepared to discuss. You mentioned molestation. And that's the connection to it that I find disturbing.

Secondly, later on in my life an older cousin said to me "Don't let Uncle Wal kiss you. He's got herpes." :boxed:

Thirdly, due to having an immune disease, I'm not comfortable with unnecessary germ spreading. :naughty:

But, my real concern is about the impact it has on an impressionable young female. You said it yourself in your post "I just try to go along with it". I stopped wanting to go along with it when I realised not everyone did it. I had also had, by that time, a few experiences where I thought that I just had to go along with it.

I don't mind hugging and cheek kissing and do that instead. But kissing someone directly on the lips feels to personal for me.

Well as I said, of course if it feels uncomfortable to someone, they should tell people not to do it. And you bring up a good point about herpes, and the fact that you are right, kissing can transfer germs... But other than that, what's personal or not is culturally determined. In another culture, shaking hands might be considered extremely personal and taboo, while as licking someone's cheek may be a casual greeting. Impressionability would have little to do with it... someone from that hypothetical culture would get very upset if you tried to shake their hand, but that doesn't mean that shaking hands in itself is something that would encourage molestation or inappropriety.

Example: even though my relatives kiss, I don't remember them hugging much. Hugging to me is a very American thing, and something I had to get used to. And I used to hug people very stiffly and had people at school tease me about how tense I'd get when friends tried to give me a hug, but like--that's a lot of close contact! Way more than with glancing kisses, for instance. And yet despite kisses being super-sexualized in the US, hugs aren't subject to quite the same scrutiny. Which is weird to me because hugs still feel very personal. This is partly why I kind of froze when Mika first hugged me too, rather than being all "yay awww he smells nice" or however it is others react. My instinctive reaction was "Wait stop you're invading my personal space I don't even know you!"

--Jack

I understand all those different cultures. And I think in an environment where it's common place to do such things it's probably not harmful in any way. Unfortunately, some of the uncles in my family that were kissing their nieces on the lips were married into our family and it was not their culture growing up.

Well as I said, of course if it feels uncomfortable to someone, they should tell people not to do it. And you bring up a good point about herpes, and the fact that you are right, kissing can transfer germs... But other than that, what's personal or not is culturally determined. In another culture, shaking hands might be considered extremely personal and taboo, while as licking someone's cheek may be a casual greeting. Impressionability would have little to do with it... someone from that hypothetical culture would get very upset if you tried to shake their hand, but that doesn't mean that shaking hands in itself is something that would encourage molestation or inappropriety.

Example: even though my relatives kiss, I don't remember them hugging much. Hugging to me is a very American thing, and something I had to get used to. And I used to hug people very stiffly and had people at school tease me about how tense I'd get when friends tried to give me a hug, but like--that's a lot of close contact! Way more than with glancing kisses, for instance. And yet despite kisses being super-sexualized in the US, hugs aren't subject to quite the same scrutiny. Which is weird to me because hugs still feel very personal. This is partly why I kind of froze when Mika first hugged me too, rather than being all "yay awww he smells nice" or however it is others react. My instinctive reaction was "Wait stop you're invading my personal space I don't even know you!"

--Jack

Now I see why the girl in my school who is from China looked at me like I was harassing her when I ran and hugged her last week. I tend to invade people's personal space a lot though. I am sort of weird like that. But my family hugs and kisses a ton, (which I hate myself) so I am jsut kinda used to it. Not to say that that was just on topic. sorry.

I understand all those different cultures. And I think in an environment where it's common place to do such things it's probably not harmful in any way. Unfortunately, some of the uncles in my family that were kissing their nieces on the lips were married into our family and it was not their culture growing up.

Yeah, that's why I tend to go along with the kissing when I go visit my relatives in Russia too. It's generally better/easier to accommodate the prevailing culture if you can (unless it's against your principles, of course). It would hurt my relatives' feelings if I insisted on not allowing kissing (I used to try not allowing men to guide me around everywhere, and man, the amount of arguments that caused), so I appreciate that it's common there and act as appropriate. And I guess your uncles may have to do the reverse in terms of what's appropriate where you live. :thumb_yello:

Now I see why the girl in my school who is from China looked at me like I was harassing her when I ran and hugged her last week. I tend to invade people's personal space a lot though. I am sort of weird like that. But my family hugs and kisses a ton, (which I hate myself) so I am jsut kinda used to it. Not to say that that was just on topic. sorry.

Hah, well, she's in America now, you can teach her your huggy ways! It's not like people from other places don't hug, I just notice that Americans tend to do it more casually, not just with very-very close friends. But they're not the only huggy culture, of course.

Mika, from what I am told, with his Lebanese-ness, is both extremely huggy and kissy. I'm pretty sure he kisses people on the lips frequently enough. So that's your warning to stay away from him, Kelzy. :naughty: Or maybe the opposite. :fisch:

--Jack

*sneaks in*

*feels like an intruders*

I can't help myself but reading your posts, Jack. :blush-anim-cl: You have a nice topic there Kelzy cuz in Canada, we have both the hugging part (english Canadians) and the kissing part ( French Canadians).

As a French Canadian, I'm used to kiss people on the cheek. I feel weird being hug by someone, except some friends that I hug instead of kiss... I still kiss my mom on the mouth but I stopped kissing my dad and my granddad in early teens cuz it felt weird... A few decades ago, it was pretty normal to see woman and men from a same family kissing on the lips. My granddad always kissed my mom (his daughter-in-law) on the lips. Even in tv programs it was common. A comedian showed an old soap from the 60-70s and it was so funny how ppl used to kissed on the lips. I guess time changes...

Hah, well, she's in America now, you can teach her your huggy ways! It's not like people from other places don't hug, I just notice that Americans tend to do it more casually, not just with very-very close friends. But they're not the only huggy culture, of course.

Mika, from what I am told, with his Lebanese-ness, is both extremely huggy and kissy. I'm pretty sure he kisses people on the lips frequently enough. So that's your warning to stay away from him, Kelzy. :naughty: Or maybe the opposite. :fisch:

--Jack

Well I am the same way. I am Italian. Wait, no Italians are just loud and obnoxious and fat!:bleh: Or so I am :lmao: :lmao: That poor girl. I told her in her electronic translator once that someone was trying to take her seat at lunch and i told the girl "get away bitch!" and Xia Zou just looked at me like "Wtf is wrong with americans?"

It's a funny discussion :kaf:

In Europe (well France) we kiss on the cheeks mostly, or shake hands, with bosses.

But sth "weird" is that women kiss on the cheeks men and women but men kiss on the cheeks women and shake hands with men (except their father in general or very close friends).

Is it about manhood or sth?

Which is weird to me because hugs still feel very personal. This is partly why I kind of froze when Mika first hugged me too, rather than being all "yay awww he smells nice" or however it is others react. My instinctive reaction was "Wait stop you're invading my personal space I don't even know you!"

--Jack

I quoted you Jack cause it's exactly what i think about hugs too. I guess some ppl feel the same about kissing but maybe it's more about about getting used to one or the other as a child.

And i think kissing on the lips is also too personal.

Zoots your pic is going over well on another board:

:roftl:

Whaaa? What board? Too funny!! I hope you're having fun with it and telling a good story! :roftl::roftl:

--Jack

Yes and I think we need early planning too!

I'm in! Although Christine can do a pretty mean Photoshop job herself I believe.

--Jack

I'm a pretty huggy person by nature, but I become a little self conscious and curb my hugging when I remind myself that not everyone is as comfortable with it. I'm not nearly as free with kissing though, even on the cheek, and kissing on the lips is strictly for someone I'm dating. I even find it uncomfortable to see family members (parent/child) give a quick kiss on the lips on tv, although I do recognize that it's completely normal in some families.

Yeah, that's why I tend to go along with the kissing when I go visit my relatives in Russia too. It's generally better/easier to accommodate the prevailing culture if you can (unless it's against your principles, of course). It would hurt my relatives' feelings if I insisted on not allowing kissing (I used to try not allowing men to guide me around everywhere, and man, the amount of arguments that caused), so I appreciate that it's common there and act as appropriate. And I guess your uncles may have to do the reverse in terms of what's appropriate where you live.

hahaha, one of the uncles that wasn't blood-related was always a bit pervy. I bet he loved it. I doubt there was ever any foul-play by him, but it's a situation where it could've happened if it was another person. Anyway, moving on from that weirdness. What I ended up doing was only lip-kissing my grandparents. I mean, how could I say no to them. :wub2: I just couldn't. And, my Nana's siblings. IMO, it was really their culture. To think of it now, most of my dad's siblings stopped doing it after a while themselves too, not because of me though. I think it was because all my cousins started to feel a bit funny about it. But, I'm still very huggy and cheek-kissy with my immediate family. And I can be huggy with friends.

Just ask Twatty :naughty:

Mika, from what I am told, with his Lebanese-ness, is both extremely huggy and kissy. I'm pretty sure he kisses people on the lips frequently enough. So that's your warning to stay away from him, Kelzy. ;naughty; Or maybe the opposite. ;fisch;

--Jack

:roftl:

Well, that depends on whether I consider Mica my friend or not. :naughty:

I think I would be stunned to be touched by him.

Kissed? errr.. sure why not, I hope he likes tongue. :das:

Now I'm trying to remember something I read about a culture with no kissing .. I think it was an African tribe.

*sneaks in*

*feels like an intruders*

I can't help myself but reading your posts, Jack. You have a nice topic there Kelzy cuz in Canada, we have both the hugging part (english Canadians) and the kissing part ( French Canadians).

As a French Canadian, I'm used to kiss people on the cheek. I feel weird being hug by someone, except some friends that I hug instead of kiss... I still kiss my mom on the mouth but I stopped kissing my dad and my granddad in early teens cuz it felt weird... A few decades ago, it was pretty normal to see woman and men from a same family kissing on the lips. My granddad always kissed my mom (his daughter-in-law) on the lips. Even in tv programs it was common. A comedian showed an old soap from the 60-70s and it was so funny how ppl used to kissed on the lips. I guess time changes...

I'm the same. I get a bit queasy with intimacy on tv because I know it's not real intimacy. It's because it's so fake I don't like watching it.. But sometimes it's more realistic, or directed superbly, and I don't mind.

But, public displays of affection (PDA) normally don't bother me as long as they aren't going too far with it.. :fisch:

Time does change. I wonder why with this though? If it's all because of germs, then it's sad.

Zoots your pic is going over well on another board

classic!!!

It's a funny discussion

In Europe (well France) we kiss on the cheeks mostly, or shake hands, with bosses.

But sth "weird" is that women kiss on the cheeks men and women but men kiss on the cheeks women and shake hands with men (except their father in general or very close friends).

Is it about manhood or sth?

I think it is about manhood. My dad still kisses his father hello/goodbye which I find sweet.

I kiss people all the time (i mean, my friends) and then people call me a lesbian.;blink; But I guess I just need to go to France where it is normal!;naughty;

Lol!! Will you kiss me on the lips if we ever meet?? :sneaky2: