Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

I haven't managed to read any of the blogs yet. Don't know if I can be bothered to do so. Are they on his myspace or on Mikasound? Just in case I happen to have some time :naughty:

They're on Mikasounds. Only a few of them are worth bothering with IMO.

Welcome back! Missed you. :wub2:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If anyone's curious about the content of the Twatty-and-Australia comment, I explained it here.

:mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

I don't see the problem - he could have just left it, and ignored it

if he was not interested - its a lot better than some of the multiple

posts in his blogs - and some of the "other" ones!!

I don't see the problem - he could have just left it, and ignored it

if he was not interested - its a lot better than some of the multiple

posts in his blogs - and some of the "other" ones!!

I followed it up by a quote from Twatty to prove her wit and that was also not approved.

Oh well, now that he's approving the other silly comments, maybe I should just assume he didn't want the word "twat" on his blog. :naughty:

--Jack

I followed it up by a quote from Twatty to prove her wit and that was also not approved.

Oh well, now that he's approving the other silly comments, maybe I should just assume he didn't want the word "twat" on his blog. :naughty:

--Jack

Wait a sec, what quote? I have a record of having my words coming back to bite me in the arse. :boxed:

I saw your comment with the name of the non offensive Super nature, Twatty. That was a good laugh.

Once there are 200 comments on a blog about packaging, I sort of lose any urge I may have had to post something.

I did post one once that said does anyone actually read all the way to the end of the comments. It disappeared with the stomach bug blog.

I am glad he removed Audrey's video from youtube. I guess having a cousin like him must be mildly irritating at times. Maybe her mother moderated that one.:mf_rosetinted:

To be honest, this whole thing has pissed me off as well. It's cool to have a bit of fun and take the piss, to a point, but it's not cool anymore when one tries deliberately to mislead.

I mean, the comment by the gals that they were fans who attacked Mika backstage, and their whole ridiculous story just annoy me, thinking: is this really what Mika thinks of his fans? That we're so stupid that we won't realise??

He obviously underestimates us big time.

I mean come on, maybe he's just been surrounding himself of idiots lately (all the trollies and other seemingly braindead tongue-sticking beings) so he can't recognise what is normal anymore.

Pfff.

One thing is to play, and to be funny, and a very different one is to offend. and I find that the line has been crossed now.

If they really wanted to take the piss they could have done it properly, this was a very amateurish job :thumbdown:.

I just find it really offending considering the target group of this blog. It's fans in first place and foremost. And it's fans those two girls (or whoever provided the written part) are offending by painting this really not very nahce satiric picture of fans being all just stupid brats 'muscling their way backstage' and then pestering Mika for months to give them space on his blog.

I mean, it might well be that something similar might have happened for real (featuring other people, not the two of them, of course), and Mika wants to make a point of how retarded and not on this is, who knows.

He definitely put me off by this sort of blog entry.

To be honest, this whole thing has pissed me off as well. It's cool to have a bit of fun and take the piss, to a point, but it's not cool anymore when one tries deliberately to mislead.

I mean, the comment by the gals that they were fans who attacked Mika backstage, and their whole ridiculous story just annoy me, thinking: is this really what Mika thinks of his fans? That we're so stupid that we won't realise??

He obviously underestimates us big time.

I mean come on, maybe he's just been surrounding himself of idiots lately (all the trollies and other seemingly braindead tongue-sticking beings) so he can't recognise what is normal anymore.

Pfff.

One thing is to play, and to be funny, and a very different one is to offend. and I find that the line has been crossed now.

If they really wanted to take the piss they could have done it properly, this was a very amateurish job :thumbdown:.

I didn't care for it from the beginning. Maybe he's just getting his own back now?

To be honest I am not sure the fake story was really meant to mock fans so much as weirdly try to "connect" with them? I mean, what they wrote is like basic fan fantasy--go see the musician, get backstage somehow, get to talking for "hours" and become great friends! I may be being too sweet here but I think maybe they just kind of wanted to use that story because they thought we'd enjoy it somehow.

I just don't get the "esoteric" stuff. If they are just gonna write about pop, not particularly esoterically, and they're just taking the piss about the limitations of how "over intelligent" pop commentary can possibly be... um, well, ok I guess. Except that there ARE people who do valid pop commentary that draws upon philosophers and theorists, and do it well.

If they're (slight chance) for real about it, it's just so vague that combined with the fake story, it's offputting. My comment on that entry was kinda meant to draw out whether they're serious or not, and be like "hey, anyone can provide random topics about the links between philosophers and pop, but can you actually back it up?"

If the whole thing is a joke and we're never even gonna hear from them again, I don't get why Mika got defensive about them.

--Jack