WOOooo NKOTB

acyaws

YES there was! I taped every single episode! It was a Saturday morning tradition! :naughty:

I sell animation production pieces on occasion, and sometimes when I'm looking to add to my collection, I run into things like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-KIDS-ON-THE-BLOCK-Orig-Animation-Art-Cel-DIC-SEAL_W0QQitemZ300213548052QQihZ020QQcategoryZ85949QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem:thumb_yello:

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yesssss...NKOTB have been the best boyband ever!!:punk:

I'm so happy for their reunion!!Hope to see them in a concert one day here in Germany. My parents didnt allow me to get to one when I was 14....and soooo in love with Joey Joe:roftl: :roftl:

:shocked:

I'm actually stunned that they're back together again..

The first concert I ever saw was when I was 15 and it was New Kids. I saw them 3 times when they played in the UK. God I loved Jordan so so much :wub2:

I still have all their 12" records in my bedroom. Oh and they're LP's and CD's and Tapes lol.

I got rid of all the other stuff I had. But believe me I had everything bar the dolls - even at 15 -17 I didn't do dolls. :blush-anim-cl:

I was a fan towards the end of 89 to about 1992. Take That hit in 1992 and I kind of jumped ship. They just were nicer.

Wonder if they'll tour over here again, might even go and see them for memories sake.

Baby I Believe In You is still one of my fave's ever. Even if it is a NKOTB song. :roftl:

Oh yesssss...NKOTB have been the best boyband ever!!:punk:

I'm so happy for their reunion!!Hope to see them in a concert one day here in Germany. My parents didnt allow me to get to one when I was 14....and soooo in love with Joey Joe:roftl: :roftl:

wow, the same here, i was in love with jordan, and yes, i loved the cartoon too! :thumb_yello::roftl::naughty:

It's kind of funny how many of us have actually seen them live. I've always been honest that NKOTB was my first concert ever...lol :D

Me too! I will NEVER forget that night!!!! February 24, 1989 in Tampa, FL

.......but ONE of the BEST nights of my L-I-F-E was August 11, 1990 in St. Petersburg, FL The Magic Summer Tour was truly 'Magical' :lmao:

BUT STILL February 2, 2008 MIKA really out did any/everything I have ever seen in my life! :naughty:

I never thought there would ever come a day that I could say this......

but- I think it is safe to say that I LOVE MIKA .............

.........even more than I ever loved Jordan........

It hurt just saying that :roftl:

Am I gonna be the only boy at the show? :blink:

More chicks for me :punk:

No............

..........your brother will be there! :lmao:

and, uuummm I think that all of the 'chicks' are gonna be just a bit old for you, love! ...they are all now my age :shocked:

:naughty: :naughty:

I don't think I have ever been as distraught, and heart broken in my life. I was talking to my mom yesterday, about the New Kids regrouping (she took me to my first concert) and we were giggling at the memories of how much I was a fanatic I was. I asked her where my two HUGE suitcases were that had all my memorabilia in it, I wanted to drag it out to take pictures and reminisce. She stopped smiling and looked at me like I was stupid. I was like "WHAT".... She was like Angie, they burned in the fire. I totally forgot. All I could do was cry.

In 2001, my dad committed suicide and the house burnt down. I had forgotten that all of my things were in the house when it happened. Nothing was saved, NONE of my memories, not just my NKOTB stuff. I guess it has been so long I had forgotten that everything was in there. Just thinking of all the stuff I had in there. I even had the first release of there first album that had Popcicle in it. My autographs, EVERYTHING...... I was seriously at the puking stage. I know that there are somethings I could buy to replace like the dolls and buttons and such, but I can't replace the autographs, the concert stubs and my scrapbooks, or every issue of every magazine known to man that had them in it. I am all to hell, pardon my language. I so wanted my daughters too see my stuff, you know my special stuff that I had saved for YEARS!!!!... :crybaby:

Ah well, I guess it was time to grow up I guess. Man, that sucks.... ARGH....

Angela

xposted from my blog...

I don't think I have ever been as distraught, and heart broken in my life. I was talking to my mom yesterday, about the New Kids regrouping (she took me to my first concert) and we were giggling at the memories of how much I was a fanatic I was. I asked her where my two HUGE suitcases were that had all my memorabilia in it, I wanted to drag it out to take pictures and reminisce. She stopped smiling and looked at me like I was stupid. I was like "WHAT".... She was like Angie, they burned in the fire. I totally forgot. All I could do was cry.

In 2001, my dad committed suicide and the house burnt down. I had forgotten that all of my things were in the house when it happened. Nothing was saved, NONE of my memories, not just my NKOTB stuff. I guess it has been so long I had forgotten that everything was in there. Just thinking of all the stuff I had in there. I even had the first release of there first album that had Popcicle in it. My autographs, EVERYTHING...... I was seriously at the puking stage. I know that there are somethings I could buy to replace like the dolls and buttons and such, but I can't replace the autographs, the concert stubs and my scrapbooks, or every issue of every magazine known to man that had them in it. I am all to hell, pardon my language. I so wanted my daughters too see my stuff, you know my special stuff that I had saved for YEARS!!!!... :crybaby:

Angela

xposted from my blog...

OMG..Angie! That is TRAGIC...I am so sorry! ...about EVERYTHING!

I know what you mean...sure you could buy stuff again, but it could never replace all the memories and *special* items..... so sorry, love! :huglove:

Angela

xposted from my blog...

I know exactly how you feel/felt hunny.. I've been a huge Blur fan since I was 16. Got into them in 1991. Actually I also was in my NKOTB phase at the same time. They weren't huge then so didn't break my bank balance like New Kids did. Well anyway - my home burnt down in 1999 - lost every bit of Blur Merchandise I'd collected since that time. Plus as I said earlier - I also was a huge Take That fan when they started too - so I actually lost all my Blur stuff, Take That stuff and I still had a hell of alot of New Kids stuff that I hung on too - that I had to throw cos' it was so badly smoke damaged

:shocked:

Yes I got money for it off the insurers but theres some stuff you just can't replace. :boxed:

You have my sympathy :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Well all day today I have been singing a few NKOTB songs, and I was in such a happy mood. I love getting that carefree feeling again.. Makes me want to do my big hair again.....lol.... I love big hair...

Angela

• 2 weeks later...

Their first comeback performance was today!!! on the today show!

enjoy :)

http://perezhilton.com/2008-05-16-step-by-step

p.s. Joey is my favorite:blush-anim-cl:

I saw that this morning! I thought it was actually pretty good. I would have loved to here some new stuff though...lol... Did you hear how Joey Joe was kinda overpowering everyone in the beginning...lol... It was cute.... Anyway, I still think they have the "right stuff"......:punk:

I saw that this morning! I thought it was actually pretty good. I would have loved to here some new stuff though...lol... Did you hear how Joey Joe was kinda overpowering everyone in the beginning...lol... It was cute.... Anyway, I still think they have the "right stuff"......:punk:

Yes, they definitely still have the right stuff:punk: They didn't sound "horrible" as Perez claims:sneaky2: They rocked... and they were all looking VERY fine too.

Their new single, Summertime, is good. Catchy and fun.

Ok, someone is going to throw tomatoes at me in here, but...

I was in looooove with nkotb when I was 13; I was a huge fan. When I heard they were getting back together and going on tour I thought "I HAVE to go and see them, and I have to go with the girl who was my best friend at the time. It will be so much fun!"... we saw a couple of their concerts together back then and it was so thrilling for me at the time.

But I can't do it, even for sentimental reasons. I seriously don't think I could sit through a whole concert, or even a few songs! They're just so... (sorry for this)... bad! And their new song sounds like a time warp from 25 years ago... they haven't matured or grown as artists in any way. Not that I really expected them to.

I'm not trying to put a damper on this thread... and I'm sure those of you who are going will have a great time re-living all those fun memories from 1987, but I think I'm going to keep them a happy pre-teen memory and just keep that door closed.