Am I mad?

CazGirl

Is it just me, or do other early fans still find it hard to believe that Mika is actually famous?

I mean, I have Heat Magazine in my house and there's a small pic of Jordan a.k.a Katie Price and MIKA, and it says "Mika vs Jordan", and I just read Ingie's thread about men's hairstyles and that Mika's hairstyle was in there, and I so find it hard to believe that Mika has MADE IT.

I've been a fan since late Jan/early Feb last year and he was still practically unknown. I remember going around saying "You heard Grace Kelly by Mika?" and all I got was :blink:

And today at work I was discussing eccentric names and I said "well, you know Mika..?" and the girl was like "oh, yeah!"

Whenever I see his name around in the newspaper or whatever, I keep thinking to myself OMG THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT HIM, YES, THAT'S MY BOY! (well not really lol but you get the drift...)

and how we had VERY few members on here, and we were trying to spread the word....and now there's so many....and that Sunny Monkey used to own it and now it's Jerry's and Mika's...

It feels so surreal. Our boy has made it, and he's living the dream he's always wanted, and...

well...

I'm so happy for him, seriously.

I'd say it's only just really hit me lol, but I still have to rub my eyes sometimes.

I'm so proud of you, Mika. It's had it's bumps but I've enjoyed journeying with you, and your fans, and hopefully will continue to enjoy the ride...this time a little more closer to you.

*bows and takes an exit*

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol yeah it's kinda like watching one of your kids grow up and make it into the big bad world and know they are doing good :)

(YOU wont know how that feeling for a long time yet though Caz lol).

I kinda got into Mika by March time, but it grew so much that by May I had soaked up all the utube vids on him and found my way to MFC I am sure it was via you telling me about it on his myspace comp).

Lol yeah it's kinda like watching one of your kids grow up and make it into the big bad world and know they are doing good :)

(YOU wont know how that feeling for a long time yet though Caz lol).

I kinda got into Mika by March time, but it grew so much that by May I had soaked up all the utube vids on him and found my way to MFC I am sure it was via you telling me about it on his myspace comp).

lol, i remember meeting you somewhere other than the MFC, must have been MySpace. That's also how I got Sara to join; I saw her entry on the MySpace comp, and this stupid brat of a rat on Mika's MySpace started bashing him through comments so me and Sara defended him, then we started messaging, and i was like "HEY JOIN THE MFC!" so she did :naughty:

I know what you mean. I still recall those days when I was like: "omg, Mika is so amazing, listen listen listen!" and they were like: "Mika who?" And now everyone around the school is singing his songs, whether they like it or not. Everyone knows Mika now and I don't know if it's what he always wanted, but if so, I'm happy for him:thumb_yello:

Yes, i know what you mean.

I went to one of his VERY early shows, and i remember i turned up at 10 to seven and got front center. But now people are waiting since 1am (and i even waited from early moring aswell.)

I find it quite depressing in some ways, since now he's a 'Celebrity', and most Celebs turn nasty at some point through money, attention, media, etc. And now hes becoming almost impossible to get near.

But in other ways i find it exciting to know that ive watched him 'grow' over the past year and a bit.

The only thing that i am REALLY p*ssed off about with him becoming a 'star' is the whole moving to Arena venues, there is no sense of intimacy with arena's:sad:

I went to one of his VERY early shows, and i remember i turned up at 10 to seven and got front center. But now people are waiting since 1am (and i even waited from early moring aswell.)

I find it quite depressing in some ways, since now he's a 'Celebrity', and most Celebs turn nasty at some point through money, attention, media, etc. And now hes becoming almost impossible to get near.

But in other ways i find it exciting to know that ive watched him 'grow' over the past year and a bit.

The only thing that i am REALLY p*ssed off about with him becoming a 'star' is the whole moving to Arena venues, there is no sense of intimacy with arena's:sad:

I totally agree with that, I can understand why though as its going to be a lot easier for him than doing lots of gigs, but he did used to say back in the day, that he preferred to do smaller venues.

Oh well time will tell what happens there, but I just don't know if I will enjoy a huge venue after seeing him at the other gigs.

I went to a big one to see Meatloaf and even if he had been brilliant (he wasn't I was at the gig he walked out of half way through and said he had quit but he is touring again now), anyway, I didn't enjoy the atmosphere at all there, there wasn't one.

Yes, it’s a little sad.

I can’t imagine going to a show where there is 50 000 people, he won’t be bigger than an ant on stage.:boxed:

But other than that it has been exciting to watch our boy grow up!:wink2:

I know what you mean Caz, I sometimes think that too...How when I first got into him he was practically unknown, and now he's "famous"...I'm really happy for him, but it does feel strange in a way, unreal.

And of course with it comes the strange sense of "loss" that we get when he becomes more distant, and generally less accessible and "real" in a way.

I totally agree with that, I can understand why though as its going to be a lot easier for him than doing lots of gigs, but he did used to say back in the day, that he preferred to do smaller venues.

Oh well time will tell what happens there, but I just don't know if I will enjoy a huge venue after seeing him at the other gigs.

I went to a big one to see Meatloaf and even if he had been brilliant (he wasn't I was at the gig he walked out of half way through and said he had quit but he is touring again now), anyway, I didn't enjoy the atmosphere at all there, there wasn't one.

I totally agree with the points made by both there- The venue size thing still bugs me...I just don't like huge venues, fullstop.

After being front row or second row at all Mika gigs bar one, I will surely feel the change when it comes, and I don't think it will be for the best.

Being at the front like that just cannot be beaten:thumb_yello:

I totally agree with the points made by both there- The venue size thing still bugs me...I just don't like huge venues, fullstop.

After being front row or second row at all Mika gigs bar one, I will surely feel the change when it comes, and I don't think it will be for the best.

Being at the front like that just cannot be beaten:thumb_yello:

DAMN STRAIGHT! Omg Hammersmith beat Shepherds Bush 100 times over. however, seeing him up there really did make me realise that i am nothing but a fan....kinda brought me into reality LOL but seeing him so close made it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it.

I know what you mean. I still recall those days when I was like: "omg, Mika is so amazing, listen listen listen!" and they were like: "Mika who?" And now everyone around the school is singing his songs, whether they like it or not. Everyone knows Mika now and I don't know if it's what he always wanted, but if so, I'm happy for him:thumb_yello:

your sig is absolutely priceless! :lmao:

i know i keep thinking the same thing- i get REALLY excited when i hear one of his songs as another persons ringtone!(i get the same thats my boy feeling you spoke about)

i remember when i told people i like Mika they were like who? id be all the guy who sings grace kelly:blink: .......... curly hair:blink: ............ wheres red skinny pants?????????????? "oooooh him"

now if you say Mika everyone can atleast sing a few lines of his songs!

im also happy for him! he made it! you're right Caz! he didnt give up!:thumb_yello:

Caz, I know how you feel. I've been a fan since mid feb, and I forgot how I discovered him actually:boxed: I think with Grace Kelly.

It's a really weird feeling, and I guess that's like Sparkly said, watching your kids to grow up etc. (Lol, I'm not even an adult but I think that's how it feels)

I like it, but it's still weird.

I think either Koko, or that Ronnie Scot thing was the first Mika performance I saw. And see how much he has changed!

I can't say he's famous in Italy..here is more like a one hit wonder:thumbdown:

"hey, conosci Mika?"

"Chi?"

"Avrai visto dei video su Mtv..GraceKelly, HappyEnding.."

"Ah, è il frocio di relax take it easy? !"

:boxed: better if I don' translate..

most of the{adult} ppl I've talked to have prejudices towards gay and so on

there's basically no press coverage here {only some very old news on teenagers mag because he's bellissimo}

I think he's popular in some countries, but not so famous to be almost unforgettable if the new album doesn't came out soon, or better if he keep on touring nations that already know how bravo he is

Yes Greta, I understand perfectly what you mean...

I teach in a secondary school in Italy and the only thing I hear is:

"Mika è un frocio/frociazzo/finocchio"

And every time I hear those horrible comments from a student I just go:

"hey come closer and I'll :raygun::gun2::chair: "

But everybody keeps singing and dancing Mika's songs :naughty:

Brains must have all disappeared in Italy!!!

I shall never forget that I fell in love with our Mister M the very first time I saw the Grace Kelly video :blush-anim-cl:

I can't say he's famous in Italy..here is more like a one hit wonder:thumbdown:

"hey, conosci Mika?"

"Chi?"

"Avrai visto dei video su Mtv..GraceKelly, HappyEnding.."

"Ah, è il frocio di relax take it easy? !"

:boxed: better if I don' translate..

most of the{adult} ppl I've talked to have prejudices towards gay and so on

there's basically no press coverage here {only some very old news on teenagers mag because he's bellissimo}

I think he's popular in some countries, but not so famous to be almost unforgettable if the new album doesn't came out soon, or better if he keep on touring nations that already know how bravo he is

I think those predjudices are everywhere. If you're a fan of Mika here, at least in the place I live, they're gonna have a whole conversation with you about how dirty and stupid gays are:boxed:

Luckily not everyone thinks about him like that

Yes Greta, I understand perfectly what you mean...

I teach in a secondary school in Italy and the only thing I hear is:

"Mika è un frocio/frociazzo/finocchio"

And every time I hear those horrible comments from a student I just go:

"hey come closer and I'll :raygun::gun2::chair: "

Brains must have all disappeared in Italy!!!

I shall never forget that I fell in love with our Mister M the very first time I saw the Grace Kelly video :blush-anim-cl:

I had a good idea what this word meant, but I googled it just to make sure - I was right - and I got this page which I found quite funny.

Alarmingly, I understood a fair few of the insults....:shocked:

http://www.suslik.org/Humour/National/italian.html

2 times idiots coz nobody I know has the original songs and very few would travel to go to his concert coz "it's not like{insert awful band like Tokio Hotel here}":shocked: what?! Pop music is not evil! And Mika's style is unique!

I try everytime I can to educate those ignorants :roftl:

I had a good idea what this word meant, but I googled it just to make sure - I was right - and I got this page which I found quite funny.

o mamma:blush-anim-cl:

update: it's more "seghe mentali" now than pippe:naughty:

p.s: don't you have the english page?

:roftl:

[size="3

I hadn't seen him when I heard him on the radio. But his voice and style was something quite different to my ears and it was only later on that I became curious about what he looked like.

I saw GK and thought he was a bit odd looking to be honest.

At the time there were hardly any pictures of him on the web or on youtube really, and he looked quite different in all of them.

For instance, compare GK vid to the London Paper interview, to the AOL Winter warmer, to me his look is different in each one and when I first looked, to my untrained eye, I did question if it was the same guy.

It was really weird at that time, MFC was really small, same with Mikasounds, hardly anything on youtube or photographs on the web - a voyage of discovery!

I'm getting a bit seasick now, though. :newyear:

2 times idiots coz nobody I know has the original songs and very few would travel to go to his concert coz "it's not like{insert awful band like TH here}":shocked: what?! Pop music is not evil!

I try everytime I can to educate those ignorants :roftl:

Who do you mean with TH? The Hoosiers or Tokio Hotel?

It's easy to guess what those words mean...

Who do you mean with TH? The Hoosiers or Tokio Hotel?

It's easy to guess what those words mean...

I wasn't guessing, I knew. Having had Italian friends in the past.

Do they like The Hoosiers in Italy then, Greta?

Now there's a two or three hit wonder if I ever saw one.

I wasn't guessing, I knew. Having had Italian friends in the past.

Do they like The Hoosiers in Italy then, Greta?

Now there's a two or three hit wonder if I ever saw one.

I still haven't seen a vid /heard a song on the radio...guess only the internet addict italians could know them

I dunno, seems that The Hoosiers are a bit unclassifiable for the mainstream here...

Thank you! Very useful.:thumb_yello:

I’m looking for a site where they explain slang and everyday expression, anyone have a tip?

English/English of course!:wink2:

English/Swedish would be the ultimate dream but that doesn’t exist!:naughty: