The Oldlings Part17!!!!!!!!!

Wendi

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i know i may cause some trouble writing this post, and i apologize to the owners and to the moderators/admins.

i write this post in the hope that Mika or Jerry reads it...yes i admit that sometimes i write in the hope that my words can reach mika and/or his management! i do it mainly because i'd like them to pick up our suggestions....am i the only one? :blush-anim-cl:

i know many of us are bitterly disappointed by the way this new property is skipping the official announcement....of course we do not expect special benefits to be granted to the fanclub immediately or in the future, i mean, it's not only this.

what we need and require is that you give us our fun back.

MFC is not fun anymore...we feel neglected, embarassed, depressed.

We are expecting an official recognition that we are the fanclub Mika decided to acquire and that Jerry is going to manage.

We expect more organization and more communication from the new managers of this site.

The people here have found a new fantastic lively intelligent witty respectful place to gather in the name of Mika, the fine and kind wizard.

The people here have made MFC like this and now those people feel that this place is dying.

Day by day fewer and fewer people log in and i myself don't feel like posting anymore.

I feel deprived of this powerful way of reaching people all over the world in the name of the love for Mika.

We do not even know what Mika thinks of all this.

People here have been complaining for a long time and we do not know if mika realized it.

Mika seemed to care and love this fanclub, now we are not sure of it anymore.

Mika please....here we love you so much, we have always tried to respect your wishes and expectations...now it's your turn to make something for us.

Say something, post something through your management.

we need a new hope, because 3 whole months without your appearences are going to be devastating for your fanclub.

now i ask something to my friends MFCers: please do not reply to this post of mine in a bitter or sarcastic way. i did not write it to have replies, please.

i write this only in the hope mika or jerry reads it. Please, i do not write this in order to stir waters more than they are already stirred.

my only wish is to reach mika's heart.

Hello Robi

First, i respect all you say.

I have been here about 6 months posting and you longer so you have more experience than me.

All i can say from my point is:

1. it is sad that Jerry/Mika have not sent a message, this is because they said they would and so people then feel let down when it does not come.

2. I think you are right, the last 2 or so weeks have been quieter than normal and the quietest i have seen, i wonder tho if this is for several reasons.

a. after london a lot of ill feeling was generated, this was very sad but the after party was bad for a lot of people, with a real lottery for tickets, badly managed by managers tho as we saw Mika was very attentive to Avoca and Allegra. I was quite shocked to see very personal attacks on people , and i know some have been afraid to say much if they did speak to Mika.

i continue ..............

Hello you. I beleive you work too hard. Maybe you should rest and have a holiday .:roftl:

Shoni,

Hiya, and thank you for the nice comments made above, I hope you and your family are keeping well. :thumb_yello:

When you threw your son down the alley at bowling did you get a strike

Shoni,

Hiya, and thank you for the nice comments made above, I hope you and your family are keeping well. :thumb_yello:

I am suing you for mis quoting!!!! We are all fine hope your kids are still sane:roftl: I cant wait til they go back to school and nursery i'm starting to feel the burn now:shocked: Yes he did get a strike as i was holding on to his legs at the time.

b. i think it was very noticable that some people seemed to be hailed for meeting Mika but some were not, a very obvious few cliques maybe? Is that too strong? I only say here in safety!!!

Some very nasty things were said tho, by no one here i hasten to add!!

Now maybe that sounds cliquey, not meant to but i think eveyone here is pretty cool !

c. maybe people are having a break , i know some people have felt too addicted and some have had a lot of other things on, i think when there are no Mika events on things may naturaly die down a bit anyway, so maybe lower numbers are to be expected?

b. i think it was very noticable that some people seemed to be hailed for meeting Mika but some were not, a very obvious few cliques maybe? Is that too strong? I only say here in safety!!!

Now maybe that sounds cliquey, not meant to but i think eveyone here is pretty cool !

c. maybe people are having a break , i know some people have felt too addicted and some have had a lot of other things on, i think when there are no Mika events on things may naturaly die down a bit anyway, so maybe lower numbers are to be expected?

I agree with what you and robertina are saying as i have not been here too long but have noticed how quiet it is.As you say though Vicky i think it's just the natural run of things as no Mika 'hype' happening at moment.

Finally really Robi, i do hope Mika will respond soon, as a little from him goes so far. i think he maybe felt burnt out too after London, i certainly felt the london gigs lacked the energy and genuineness of Glasgow or Brighton, i think he was tired and needed to finish. The last night was probably the best and we had to go :thumbdown:

I think he maybe wanted to make more of those 2 dates and i was expecting something a bit special cause of the cancellations but i think he was done in by then.....

I hope he has some rest and takes his own advice to Relax a bit.

He is a lovely man , you can tell that from all he does but Mika please just do this little thing for us, so many have worked so hard and we know you appreciate it :wink2:

I hope you do not get any spiteful replies Robi and well done for saying it from the heart :wub2:

perhaps the new management do not understand the unrest that is creeping into the mfc, we may not buy all the tickets for the gigs, but for those who have folled Mika from the early days are the ones who have helped spread the word, bought tickets and music in whatever form, spending hard earned cash, some may have struggled to support Mika, but that is each persons choice.

All I would say to the management is that these people who have supported Mika, and those who have dedicated their time freely in helping maintain the MFC deserve respect for their efforts, and more recently helping field the questions from members, which a simple message from Mika or his management team could help cull the unrest, remember whose money has helped to give you the success, as with any organisation the fans can make or break an organisation, those who leave disgruntled may not return, new artistes are there every week, how loyalty can change, here today gone tomorrow, I am here because I liked LiCM, and the gig in Brixton, hopefully Amsterdam as well and the new album when that comes along.

I spend the time with others on the forum simply because I enjoy their company and banter.

So come on management, you aquired a vibrant fan club, do not let it fade with no happy ending, give them what they deserve, recognition and RESPECT.

perhaps the new management do not understand the unrest that is creeping into the mfc, we may not buy all the tickets for the gigs, but for those who have folled Mika from the early days are the ones who have helped spread the word, bought tickets and music in whatever form, spending hard earned cash, some may have struggled to support Mika, but that is each persons choice.

All I would say to the management is that these people who have supported Mika, and those who have dedicated their time freely in helping maintain the MFC deserve respect for their efforts, and more recently helping field the questions from members, which a simple message from Mika or his management team could help cull the unrest, remember whose money has helped to give you the success, as with any organisation the fans can make or break an organisation, those who leave disgruntled may not return, new artistes are there every week, how loyalty can change, here today gone tomorrow, I am here because I liked LiCM, and the gig in Brixton, hopefully Amsterdam as well and the new album when that comes along.

I spend the time with others on the forum simply because I enjoy their company and banter.

So come on management, you aquired a vibrant fan club, do not let it fade with no happy ending, give them what they deserve, recognition.

:punk: Couldn't have put it better myself. (no seriously i couldn't have put it better myself):roftl:

post all nasty pm's amd messages, and anyone who gets such things post them and name and shame those that are negative, the forums are for speaking what you think, but to be vindictive or nasty is such a cowardly act.

i know i may cause some trouble writing this post, and i apologize to the owners and to the moderators/admins.

i write this post in the hope that Mika or Jerry reads it...yes i admit that sometimes i write in the hope that my words can reach mika and/or his management! i do it mainly because i'd like them to pick up our suggestions....am i the only one? :blush-anim-cl:

i know many of us are bitterly disappointed by the way this new property is skipping the official announcement....of course we do not expect special benefits to be granted to the fanclub immediately or in the future, i mean, it's not only this.

what we need and require is that you give us our fun back.

MFC is not fun anymore...we feel neglected, embarassed, depressed.

We are expecting an official recognition that we are the fanclub Mika decided to acquire and that Jerry is going to manage.

We expect more organization and more communication from the new managers of this site.

The people here have found a new fantastic lively intelligent witty respectful place to gather in the name of Mika, the fine and kind wizard.

The people here have made MFC like this and now those people feel that this place is dying.

Day by day fewer and fewer people log in and i myself don't feel like posting anymore.

I feel deprived of this powerful way of reaching people all over the world in the name of the love for Mika.

We do not even know what Mika thinks of all this.

People here have been complaining for a long time and we do not know if mika realized it.

Mika seemed to care and love this fanclub, now we are not sure of it anymore.

Mika please....here we love you so much, we have always tried to respect your wishes and expectations...now it's your turn to make something for us.

Say something, post something through your management.

we need a new hope, because 3 whole months without your appearences are going to be devastating for your fanclub.

now i ask something to my friends MFCers: please do not reply to this post of mine in a bitter or sarcastic way. i did not write it to have replies, please.

i write this only in the hope mika or jerry reads it. Please, i do not write this in order to stir waters more than they are already stirred.

my only wish is to reach mika's heart.

Hi robi, I'm not sure I go along with your feelings when I saw this post in the Official thread. It seems to me that we fans had got a bit too close, had our expectations raised to an impossible height and then have been left, by the end of the tour, rather bereft. There is so little news and everyone makes too much out of every little event or lack thereof.

It is impossible for us all to get our heart's desire: time with him, special friendships and privilages, nice though that would be. We need to be more realistic.

I just read that on the Official Thread.... I do agree with you Robertina, but feel I haven't been here long enough to add my thoughts on it. I haven't been here as long as some of you, wasn't here for the petition, but do feel already that this board and the people I speak to on here on a daily basis are a big part of my life now.

I do feel though that the way they've handled this has been very bad.... how long does it take to post a thread to say something about us being Official.

I was never expecting a huge long post to say we'd be getting this bonus or that advantage or whatever, but something.... instead we don't really even get answers. It just makes me feel sorry for the Admins/Mods like Freddie/DC Deb/Lollipop Monkey - who keep having to try and explain things... when they don't even know probably themselves by now - what's going on.

Even reading Fred's thoughts about the lack of communication when the server or ISP went wrong again recently made me wonder if us being Official is gonna be such a good thing.

I just don't feel we actually figure very highly in Mika's/Jerry's thoughts at the moment. Sad fact - but we don't....

And yes, I agrree Laurel, it's been a long while waiting for all the official stuff to be done. I don't even know what we will gain by being official. And I do feel sorry for Wendi, who put so much effort into the petition, and to the mods and administrators who are trying to get things done. We just need to be patient and not fall out and bicker amongst ourselves.

Hello Robi

First, i respect all you say.

I have been here about 6 months posting and you longer so you have more experience than me.

All i can say from my point is:

1. it is sad that Jerry/Mika have not sent a message, this is because they said they would and so people then feel let down when it does not come.

2. I think you are right, the last 2 or so weeks have been quieter than normal and the quietest i have seen, i wonder tho if this is for several reasons.

a. after london a lot of ill feeling was generated, this was very sad but the after party was bad for a lot of people, with a real lottery for tickets, badly managed by managers tho as we saw Mika was very attentive to Avoca and Allegra. I was quite shocked to see very personal attacks on people , and i know some have been afraid to say much if they did speak to Mika.

i continue ..............

I think you're probably right, there is a natural dying down of the obsession because Mika is not in our eye. Real life reasserts itself. I imagine that professionally, Mika will be aware that he needs to keep in the public eye, but yes, maybe with more fans, not just us, the hard-core ones.

I agree with what you and robertina are saying as i have not been here too long but have noticed how quiet it is.As you say though Vicky i think it's just the natural run of things as no Mika 'hype' happening at moment.

I like the camaraderie of the Oldlings, it's not something I've experienced before. I've loved meeting up with fans from here and the giddiness of identifying each other, but it's not sustainable in the quiet times.And I still have GOOD feelings about the 28th and will not let the bad stuff that was said tarnish my memories.

:punk: Couldn't have put it better myself. (no seriously i couldn't have put it better myself):roftl:

See I can be serious even if it takes 2 months to write, thankyou for all your lovely comments this evening, are you on a charm offensive? :punk::thumb_yello:

So come on management, you aquired a vibrant fan club, do not let it fade with no happy ending, give them what they deserve, recognition and RESPECT.

well said, weealx, and Robi, yours was quite eloquent as well, also Laurel & Vicky.

it is starting to seem kind of ... what's the word- pathetic?

One sentence from him would make thousands of people happy.

But, we don't know what's going on from his side, so hmmm......

hi Shari, everybody else!

See I can be serious even if it takes 2 months to write, thankyou for all your lovely comments this evening, are you on a charm offensive? :punk::thumb_yello:

Dont push it matey, I'm still suing:punk:

Hi Shari :)

Word had it yesterday that you were taking a break..... Is it true?

Me? Taking a break? Nah, I've been mighty pre-occupied with one of my other passions in life - The Avro Vulcan XH558 doing her 3rd test flights at RAF Cottesmore this week. She was awesome.

I had heard the site was down a few days anyway, so it has given me plenty of time to upload my vid and pics to youtube.

Hope everyone is well?

can someone copy and paste my post on the official thread, I am not that clever yet and hev has gone to bed, where am I without female assistance.

thankyou to whoever post it on my behalf,

ps I dont even know where the official thread is,

matron can I have stronger medication please.

hello all :thumb_yello:

i didn't get the job but there is a better one out there for me :original:

well done robi, something needed to be said, i just hope they listen

Hi pooh :)

Sorry about the job, but you're right; there's a better one for you.

Me? Taking a break? Nah, I've been mighty pre-occupied with one of my other passions in life - The Avro Vulcan XH558 doing her 3rd test flights at RAF Cottesmore this week. She was awesome.

I had heard the site was down a few days anyway, so it has given me plenty of time to upload my vid and pics to youtube.

Hope everyone is well?

Great :):)

I saw the flight of the Vulcan on telly. Awesome wasn't it?

Pity about the undercarriage!

And yes, it was a pig to have the site down. I think we lose people every time it happens.

Anyway, glad to see you.