Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am off to bed - tummy still upset - so nice warm water bottle

and a drink of hot milk should work!! Catch you all tomorrow!! xx

Aww, take it easy Wendi, Sleep well.

Night night.

this fly is still flying! :naughty:

my PC displayed a FATAL ERROR! i had to reboot and virus scan it....but i'm here!

thanks rose for yr answer re. andy

You are very welcome Robi, anytime:wink2:

So are you virus free now?

You are very welcome Robi, anytime:wink2:

So are you virus free now?

I WELL HOPE SO! :shocked:

windows stopped itself because a fatal error has occurred...ah, it was like when we are kicked off MFC! :naughty:

i'm afraid the quantity of mika stuff stored in my pc is embarassing the system!:naughty:

Hi Robi

Sorry but I have to go now.:thumbdown:

Goodnight Rose

Will leave you with a smile

DSC02217.jpg

UUMMM!

Very nice, could quite happily look at this ALL night:wub2:

Sweet dreams Silver, I know I will have

I WELL HOPE SO! :shocked:

windows stopped itself because a fatal error has occurred...ah, it was like when we are kicked off MFC! :naughty:

i'm afraid the quantity of mika stuff stored in my pc is embarassing the system!:naughty:

Ha ha, your pc can't handle the Mika overload:naughty: .

Aww, Laurel, didn't get the chance to talk to you either.

Was gonna ask if your mum watched Walker Texas Ranger this afternoon, looked like it was on most of the afternoon on the listings.

Up for work again.. just saw this...

Yes she did :roftl: She said it was very good... glad I weren't here :roftl:

Good afternoon Oldlings :)

Just had some sort of blast down my chimney!! :blink:

Don't know what it was - but it has covered the front

room with dust - and it frightened the dogs!!!

Good day Wendi,

that is why we have children, to send them up the chimney to clean the thing, guess what you are doing this afternoon, have fun. :thumb_yello:

Good day Wendi,

that is why we have children, to send them up the chimney to clean the thing, guess what you are doing this afternoon, have fun. :thumb_yello:

Hi there weealx - yes - have started already - its everywhere :thumbdown:

Girls at their dads - so guess the chimney will have to wait!! :wink2::naughty:

Good afternoon Oldlings :)

Just had some sort of blast down my chimney!! :blink:

Don't know what it was - but it has covered the front

room with dust - and it frightened the dogs!!!

chim chimeny, chim chimeny chim chim cheree

Wendi is not as lucky, as lucky can be,

chim chimeny, chim chimeny chim chim cheroo,

lots and lots of cleaning, for Wendi to do,

cleaning a room that's covered in dust,

and washing the dogs is definately a must.

OF COURSE there's no one on as soon as I have some time to come on!!!!

Anyways, Mamacatt just wanted me to tell everyone here that she's doing well after her surgery today, which she is. Her knee is very swollen at the moment, but she's doing great!!:thumb_yello:

Give her my love, hope she's even better today ~x~

Oh well 'My' Baby was born this morning at 7am so I am all set for going tomorrow to start looking after him! He was 6lb 11oz.....a wee one, I think he will be the smallest I have looked after.:shocked: I am very excited.

Oh wow, how exciting. I LOVE little babies, they're so cute. My smallest was 5lb 9 oz. and he was really good, he spent 6 weeks feeding and sleeping, so I got used to being a mum gently.

Well - here is a little something to help the work pass a bit quicker!!

Gorgeous.jpg

And this is TOO beautiful to resist quoting :wink2:

chim chimeny, chim chimeny chim chim cheree

Wendi is not as lucky, as lucky can be,

chim chimeny, chim chimeny chim chim cheroo,

lots and lots of cleaning, for Wendi to do,

cleaning a room that's covered in dust,

and washing the dogs is definately a must.

:roftl: :roftl: Thanks for this!! I sang it as I read it!! :roftl: :roftl:

Thanks for this!! I sang it as I read it!!

I did too :) Morning oldlings :)

After a heavy weekend of partying, I'm here. This has been a long month, and I expect it to continue. Graduation is on Friday, and my parents arrive on Thursday, and I still have a couple of assignments to finish up before they arrive, not to mention cleaning out my room because I won't be staying here this summer. I stayed in the dorms last summer and worked locally at a bird rehabilitation center, but this summer I'll be heading west a couple of hours and work on a farm for this summer.

I suspect I will be online once or twice a day in the summertime, but I can't be sure. It will be busy on the farm, and I don't know how often I'll have time to pop online.

I head to Hawaii with my mother in 2 weeks! OMG!

Hows everyone?

Hi Crystal - sounds like you have a busy time coming up!!

Hawaii sounds fun though!! :)

What kind of farm - and what kind of work will you be doing?

yep it's going to be busy for sure :)

I am going to take SOOOOOOOOOOOO many pictures when I'm in hawaii that my pack will be filled with batteries to run it!

I will be working on a St John's Wort farm, as well as just helping out around the house. These are friends of mine, a couple in their 50's now. Parents of one of my best friends. They have 310 acres and the hubby has been working alot and is not home alot. He runs a masonry and construction company, and has been getting alot of work outside the property. The wife is partially disabled, she has some paralysis on the left side of her body and has a tough time around the house. I've been going to visit these folks for 20 years, staying a week here, a weekend there, and every time I go there it's just an amazing feeling. I love it there. They told me that if I don't have enough money to buy a piece of their property before they die, they will put a chunk for me in their will because they know I love it there so much. it's like paradise. Well the wife wants me to come there this summer and help her out because her hubby hasn't been there, and as well she's been a bit depressed being all alone, and she loves my positive energy and I will help her get outside to work on her garden, help her cook, do some minor renovations around the house that need done, help to harvest the flowers of the St John's Wort when they are ready, put them in the bottles of oil and let them cook in the sunshine. I will help to look after the dogs and the chickens, help with laundry, learn about herbs and plants (she is a horticulturalist), and most of all learn how to live on that land productively. If I plan to live there myself, I suspect it's a wonderful idea to learn how the seasons work and when to plant, and what to grow.

It's my own little slice of heaven and I get to spend the summer there :)

They won't be paying me much, but they will house me, feed me, keep me in tobacco and other smokeables, and teach me. That, to me, is worth any cost. So I have a free place to stay for the summer :)

It's funny, because I've been procrastinating about finding a summer job, and now I know why. This was dropped in my lap on Thursday morning, so it's very recent, and I'm really glad I wasn't committed elsewhere so that I could do this :)

Sounds like a good learning experience - and it will be help and company

for the lady of the house as well! Sometimes things happen without any

help from us - and it sounds like your not finding a summer job, then this

coming up - well, its meant in some way!!

If you enjoy it - and get food, company and experience then there is

no need for money then!! :thumb_yello:

Sounds like a good learning experience - and it will be help and company

for the lady of the house as well! Sometimes things happen without any

help from us - and it sounds like your not finding a summer job, then this

coming up - well, its meant in some way!!

If you enjoy it - and get food, company and experience then there is

no need for money then!! :thumb_yello:

Exactly :)

Although it kind of puts a damper on me saving money for my South American trip next November. I'll have to make all the money in one summer LOL

Exactly :)

Although it kind of puts a damper on me saving money for my South American trip next November. I'll have to make all the money in one summer LOL

There is a long time between now and next November. You can start

looking for ways to earn money after you have had a great relaxing

summer!! :thumb_yello:

yep it's going to be busy for sure :)

I am going to take SOOOOOOOOOOOO many pictures when I'm in hawaii that my pack will be filled with batteries to run it!

I will be working on a St John's Wort farm, as well as just helping out around the house. These are friends of mine, a couple in their 50's now. Parents of one of my best friends. They have 310 acres and the hubby has been working alot and is not home alot. He runs a masonry and construction company, and has been getting alot of work outside the property. The wife is partially disabled, she has some paralysis on the left side of her body and has a tough time around the house. I've been going to visit these folks for 20 years, staying a week here, a weekend there, and every time I go there it's just an amazing feeling. I love it there. They told me that if I don't have enough money to buy a piece of their property before they die, they will put a chunk for me in their will because they know I love it there so much. it's like paradise. Well the wife wants me to come there this summer and help her out because her hubby hasn't been there, and as well she's been a bit depressed being all alone, and she loves my positive energy and I will help her get outside to work on her garden, help her cook, do some minor renovations around the house that need done, help to harvest the flowers of the St John's Wort when they are ready, put them in the bottles of oil and let them cook in the sunshine. I will help to look after the dogs and the chickens, help with laundry, learn about herbs and plants (she is a horticulturalist), and most of all learn how to live on that land productively. If I plan to live there myself, I suspect it's a wonderful idea to learn how the seasons work and when to plant, and what to grow.

It's my own little slice of heaven and I get to spend the summer there :)

They won't be paying me much, but they will house me, feed me, keep me in tobacco and other smokeables, and teach me. That, to me, is worth any cost. So I have a free place to stay for the summer :)

It's funny, because I've been procrastinating about finding a summer job, and now I know why. This was dropped in my lap on Thursday morning, so it's very recent, and I'm really glad I wasn't committed elsewhere so that I could do this :)

Hi Crystal. Gosh, we have some interesting people on the MFC don't we?

Good luck finishing your work and tidying up. Enjoy your graduation and Hawaii.

St John's Wort? What do people take that for?

'....keep me in tobacco and other smokeables...' ermmmmm???

'....because I've been procrastinating about finding a summer job, and now I know why. This was dropped in my lap on Thursday morning, so it's very recent, and I'm really glad I wasn't committed elsewhere ....' I am a great believer in procrastination. People around me call it laziness :naughty: