• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kooks' frontman Luke Pritchard is set to join forces with French band The Dø to record a series of cover versions.

Pritchard told NME.COM that the recordings would be likely to be released in France on white label, and that the collective would tackle songs including The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band's 'I Won't Hurt You'.

"I want to do it a bit like, trashy 'The Velvet Underground And Nico' kind of vibe," Pritchard explained. "We're going to try and get a vibe and get a sound in the room and not over-complicate things with the production."

He added: "We're just going to do covers. If we have time to write anything we might, but I don't think so. We'll just see how it goes. We'll probably release it a little bit more in France, white label."

The star said that he wasn't sure which instruments he would play at the session, but said he could have a stab at piano duties, as he had been teaching himself how to play the instrument recently.

He said he met the band after playing on the same bill as them at festivals last summer, and joked about the reasons why he was induced to stay in touch with the band's "gorgeous" singer.

"I can't imagine [why I got her number]! She's gorgeous, isn't she?" he joked. "Very cool. I was quite blown away by her when I saw her. Hearing them on record doesn't do them justice."

Hear The Dø at MySpace.com/thedoband now.

I think it's the same band he had that photo with. Dunno if it's true. Like that horror movie thing obviously wasn't.

I think it's the same band he had that photo with. Dunno if it's true. Like that horror movie thing obviously wasn't.

Hmmmmmmmm............. I would like to hear more of him but I really don't get why tf people do these one-country-only-releases :mad3:.

Privileged *insert bad words*

My friend was telling me about how Chris Cheney threw beer on her new expensive camera yesterday and it reminded me that I'm pretty sure I never recounted how Luke threw water on us/Tanya's new expensive camera. It was awesome. :cheerful_h4h:

I never did get aroudn to giving a full report. *wonders if she can still remember enough now to warrant one*

Could someone please kill me? I dont care how - it just needs to be FAST.

I just got this on Facebook:

"Regaarrding: TONIGHT

hope your enjoying the snow

tonight i wil be playing at the hawley with

luke and high from THE KOOKS

ROB SKIPPER

come down,

FREE ENTRY-GOOD TIMES XX"

Then that:

"Regaarrding: high?

yeah yeah

i mean Hugh.

x"

FOR ****'S SAKE!!! ANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! :tears::crybaby: I'm dead.

Edited by Petra

Could someone please kill me? I dont care how - it just needs to be FAST.

I just got this on Facebook:

"Regaarrding: TONIGHT

hope your enjoying the snow

tonight i wil be playing at the hawley with

luke and high from THE KOOKS

ROB SKIPPER

come down,

FREE ENTRY-GOOD TIMES XX"

Then that:

"Regaarrding: high?

yeah yeah

i mean Hugh.

x"

FOR ****'S SAKE!!! ANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! :tears::crybaby: I'm dead.

:stretcher: **** :boxed: I mean woooooow!!

I forgot to say, 2 nights ago I was watching tv and they passed Ooh la in an episode of 'Criminal minds' :wub2: yeah, that's about it...

:stretcher: **** :boxed: I mean woooooow!!

I forgot to say, 2 nights ago I was watching tv and they passed Ooh la in an episode of 'Criminal minds' :wub2: yeah, that's about it...

Rob ****ing Skipper, Sam McCarthy, Hugh, Luke.

We are dead, aren't we? Holy ****.

Instead of studying, I've spent the last night cutting & watching & converting the rest of my videos to upload them to youtube and while watching Eddie's Gun I noticed that Luke sings "shrunk" instead of "shrank". I mean, I am aware that he always used some "u"-sounding vocal in the word but here he DEFINITELY says "shrunk". Isn't it shrink, shrank, shrunk? Ok, it's useless info. Sorry.

Oh, but regarding useless info: the technical rider of the Kooks quite obviously contains that Hugh needs two fire lighters for the show. He had them at the iTunes gig but they didn't play "I want you back" (I think it was that song *checks* - yes, I was right :stretcher: God, isn't Hugh sexy? Isn't Luke sexy? :stretcher:)... what was I saying? Ah yes, useless info. Firelghters. Technical Rider. Sleep. :bye: Niiight!

Oh, and btw: http://www.myspace.com/danielloganmusic

Oh they played naive on some strange day time show that I flicked past yesterday :cheerful_h4h:

Rob ****ing Skipper, Sam McCarthy, Hugh, Luke.

We are dead, aren't we? Holy ****.

:crybaby:

Instead of studying, I've spent the last night cutting & watching & converting the rest of my videos to upload them to youtube and while watching Eddie's Gun I noticed that Luke sings "shrunk" instead of "shrank". I mean, I am aware that he always used some "u"-sounding vocal in the word but here he DEFINITELY says "shrunk". Isn't it shrink, shrank, shrunk? Ok, it's useless info. Sorry.

Oh, but regarding useless info: the technical rider of the Kooks quite obviously contains that Hugh needs two fire lighters for the show. He had them at the iTunes gig but they didn't play "I want you back" (I think it was that song *checks* - yes, I was right :stretcher: God, isn't Hugh sexy? Isn't Luke sexy? :stretcher:)... what was I saying? Ah yes, useless info. Firelghters. Technical Rider. Sleep. :bye: Niiight!

Oh, and btw: www.myspace.com/danielloganmusic

:lmfao: I have no idea what you are talking about.

im heaing them on like every comercial break and in quite a few shows lately!

Oh yay! Yeah I hear Always Where on the little thingies introducing the commercial break all the time recently :biggrin2:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=11310525&blogID=468417942

I guess this is confirmed then :blink: