That's Pete Denton and he is in the band since.. uhm, November? (I guess so because he was at the London gigs). He replaced Dan and is their new/old bass player. He already replaced Max for 9 months after Max went away for the first time and when, after recording Konk, Max went away for good, the Kooks got Dan. Well, and now, for reasons we shall never know, he is in the band again. And I don't like him (others probably do).

I doubt it :naughty:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it :naughty:

Right you are :naughty:. Oh well, MAYBE there are some that... ok, you are right.

And it seems as if 13 is going to earn a lot of money with the Kooks this year as they have already confirmed a couple of festivals and now they just blogged on myspace that they are going to headline Jersey Festival in September. God, bands get so ****ING much money for festivals :stretcher:. And it's a truth universally acknowledged that a man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife! So we'll go for it this year, ladies! :das:

(And hopefully 13 will need another assistent to help with the planning :naughty:)

Right you are :naughty:. Oh well, MAYBE there are some that... ok, you are right.

And it seems as if 13 is going to earn a lot of money with the Kooks this year as they have already confirmed a couple of festivals and now they just blogged on myspace that they are going to headline Jersey Festival in September. God, bands get so ****ING much money for festivals :stretcher:. And it's a truth universally acknowledged that a man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife! So we'll go for it this year, ladies! :das:

(And hopefully 13 will need another assistent to help with the planning :naughty:)

I'd say so. They probably need an assistant specifically for liasing with the band. One that will probably need to be present backstage at every gig. Yes, I'd say so.

I'd say so. They probably need an assistant specifically for liasing with the band. One that will probably need to be present backstage at every gig. Yes, I'd say so.

Yes, good point. They surely will. Some sort of personal assistent thingy where this PA has to be there before and after the gig, always with the band and so on. Of course I would volunteer to do it - I know it's an ugly job but someone has to do it :smth:.

God, I really hope that I looked less stupid when I had my camera in my hands.

"It refers to what might be called a verb's action noun, which is one of the uses of the -ing form."

Like:

Some jealous fans watched us getting into the tour bus with the Kooks. :naughty:

I heard Luke talking to Hugh backstage.

I didnt see Paul approaching but suddenly he was standing right behind me. :das:

Australia has a warm climate and beautiful golden beaches. Thats why it is ideal for bathing & surfing. :surfing:

Hugh is fantastic at singing and should do it more often.

Luke is looking forward to meeting Haley and Megan again. :cheerful_h4h:

At the beginning of the tour, the Kooks couldnt imagine meeting us all :wub2:.

While being on the tour bus, Paul likes reading the paper and listening to music.

Easy :smth:

He better be!!!!!!!!:naughty::naughty:

Yes, good point. They surely will. Some sort of personal assistent thingy where this PA has to be there before and after the gig, always with the band and so on. Of course I would volunteer to do it - I know it's an ugly job but someone has to do it :smth:.

Aww, it's very sweet of you. Always taking one for the team you are :original:

it says on dan logan's myspace that he teaches instrument lessons:shocked:

haha imagine that....well thats pretty cool:D

I know right! Alfie from the Holloways does too. Oohhhh how I wished I lived in London :tears:

Omg I totally love this pictureeee:

3275744546_b75b7bbf0e_o.jpg

Aww, it's very sweet of you. Always taking one for the team you are :original:

*pbs*

I know right! Alfie from the Holloways does too. Oohhhh how I wished I lived in London :tears:

:crybaby: I wish we all lived there :crybaby:

Thats officially the picture of the month :cheerful_h4h:. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub2:

Aww, it's very sweet of you. Always taking one for the team you are : origi nal:

I know right! Alfie from the Holloways does too. Oohhhh how I wished I lived in London :tea rs:

me toooo:sad:

its a great picture!:wub2:

*pbs*

:crybaby: I wish we all lived there :cry baby:

Thats officially the picture of the month :chee rful_h4h:. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wu b2:

that would be amazing :D

yea!!:wub2:

And now they just officially announced that they are playing Pinkpop this year which is like... uhm, 45min per car? God, but it's on June 1 and I don't know whether I'll still be here then. Uhm... I should just...I will have a look how much tickets are. And who else is playing of course.

Edit:

PINKSTERMAANDAG 1 JUNI: 12.00-23.00 UUR

SNOW PATROL

ANOUK * FRANZ FERDINAND * AMY MACDONALD * NOVASTAR

THE KOOKS * DE JEUGD VAN TEGENWOORDIG * BILLY TALENT SHINEDOWN * THE TING TINGS * KATY PERRY

THE SCRIPT * THE ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS

Oh sorry, actually it was like this one the page :mad3::

PINKSTERMAANDAG 1 JUNI: 12.00-23.00 UUR

THE KOOKS

ANOUK * FRANZ FERDINAND * AMY MACDONALD * NOVASTAR

SNOW PATROL * DE JEUGD VAN TEGENWOORDIG * BILLY TALENT SHINEDOWN * THE TING TINGS * KATY PERRY

THE SCRIPT * THE ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS

And €75 per day / I forgot the weekend prize. Ugh.

Edited by Petra

I'm a bit confused. Instead of studying properly, I finally ended up watching my Stormy Weather / Sofa Song video from Brighton and then I thought that I could upload it and bump this thread here. So I renamed the file, went to megaupload, came back 30min later and the file was uploaded (:blink:) although it's 280MB big. Anyway, the file suddenly had its old name and a different description, so MAYBE I already did upload it there before and just forgot about it :blink:. So after all I also can't remember if I posted it here (if I did then sorry):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=52HJK4WB

(it's this one:

)

I'm a bit confused. Instead of studying properly, I finally ended up watching my Stormy Weather / Sofa Song video from Brighton and then I thought that I could upload it and bump this thread here. So I renamed the file, went to megaupload, came back 30min later and the file was uploaded (:blink:) although it's 280MB big. Anyway, the file suddenly had its old name and a different description, so MAYBE I already did upload it there before and just forgot about it :blink:. So after all I also can't remember if I posted it here (if I did then sorry):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=52HJK4WB

(it's this one:

)

Cool!

Well we are going to see the band that opened for The Kooks for the third time on Saturday, The Whigs, can't wait. We're on spring break from our university and have so many concerts to go to, too bad The Kooks aren't one of them :naughty: Going to The Academy Is acoustic gig tomorrow night.

I don't know why I am rambling about this. Our concerts don't really have anything to do with The Kooks.:blink:

Cool!

Well we are going to see the band that opened for The Kooks for the third time on Saturday, The Whigs, can't wait. We're on spring break from our university and have so many concerts to go to, too bad The Kooks aren't one of them :naughty: Going to The Academy Is acoustic gig tomorrow night.

I don't know why I am rambling about this. Our concerts don't really have anything to do with The Kooks.:blink:

The academy is, is on tour?!

Sounds like your going to have a blast!! :D

Edited by England

Cool!

I don't care if it has something to do with the Kooks or not! It sounds AMAZING!!! I wish I wouldnt have to live in one of the most dull (the dullest??) corner in this world :crybaby:. But in April I'll go to see Razorlight with a friend of mine and as I know the drummer from my internship in London, we might even get backstage tickets :drool:. And usually The Kooks always have fantastic supports - that's how I got to know the Holloways :wub2: and all the rest :cheerful_h4h:. So please - gig reviews here in this thread! :das:

I don't care if it has something to do with the Kooks or not! It sounds AMAZING!!! I wish I wouldnt have to live in one of the most dull (the dullest??) corner in this world :crybaby:. But in April I'll go to see Razorlight with a friend of mine and as I know the drummer from my internship in London, we might even get backstage tickets :drool:. And usually The Kooks always have fantastic supports - that's how I got to know the Holloways :wub2: and all the rest :cheerful_h4h:. So please - gig reviews here in this thread! :das:

It IS amazing. We can't believe a lot of our favorite bands are coming to St. Louis over our spring break.

Wow that is so cool that you would get backstage tickets! Wow!

Was it you Petra that mentioned us to The Holloways? Because we really LOVE their music so thanks bunches.:thumb_yello:

We will definitely give gig reviews here. Can't wait for tonight.:punk:

The academy is, is on tour?!

Sounds like your going to have a blast!! :D

We are going to have a blast! Here are the tour dates. Looks like they're ending it in Chicago. The lead singer is from Illinois like ourselves. Although St. Louis is closer to us than Chicago is. Urbana is somewhat close to us also.

Mar 6 2009 6:00P

The Loft Madison, WI

Mar 7 2009 7:00P

Sokol Underground Omaha, NE

Mar 8 2009 7:30P

Fubar St. Louis, MO

Mar 9 2009 6:00P

Jackpot Saloon Lawrence, KS

Mar 10 2009 6:00P

The Conservatory Oklahoma City, OK

Mar 12 2009 7:00P

Club Congress Tucson, AZ

Mar 13 2009 8:00P

5th Avenue Side Stage San Diego, CA

Mar 14 2009 7:30P

Jerry’s Pizza Bakersfield, CA

Mar 15 2009 7:30P

Chain Reaction (SOLD OUT) Anaheim, CA

Mar 16 2009 7:30P

Modesto Virtual Modesto, CA

Mar 17 2009 8:00P

Cafe Du Nord San Francisco, CA

Mar 19 2009 8:00P

Nectar Lounge Seattle, WA

Mar 20 2009 8:00P

Hawthorne Theatre Portland, OR

Mar 21 2009 7:30P

The Venue Boise, ID

Mar 23 2009 8:00P

The Black Sheep Colorado Springs, CO

Mar 24 2009 8:00P

Hi-Dive Denver, CO

Mar 29 2009 7:30P

Pontiac Garage Dallas, TX

Mar 30 2009 7:30P

The Parish Austin, TX

Apr 1 2009 8:00P

Hi Tone Cafe Memphis, TN

Apr 2 2009 8:00P

The Square Room Knoxville, TN

Apr 3 2009 8:00P

Musica Akron, OH

Apr 5 2009 7:00P

The Basement Columbus, OH

Apr 7 2009 7:00P

The Mixtape Grand Rapids, MI

Apr 8 2009 6:30P

The Picador Iowa City, IA

Apr 9 2009 7:30P

Outland Ballroom Springfield, MO

Apr 10 2009 7:00P

The Red Herring Urbana, IL

Apr 11 2009 6:00P

Bottom Lounge Chicago, IL

It IS amazing. We can't believe a lot of our favorite bands are coming to St. Louis over our spring break.

Wow that is so cool that you would get backstage tickets! Wow!

Was it you Petra that mentioned us to The Holloways? Because we really LOVE their music so thanks bunches.:thumb_yello:

We will definitely give gig reviews here. Can't wait for tonight.:punk:

Haha, yes that was me. Sadly enough, they just split up and now there is only one of the lead singers/guitarists and the bassist left :crybaby: while the drummer (:das:) and the other vocalist/guitarist (:das:) have formed a new band. We'll see what happens :/

But - this is one of the moments where (when?) I notice again what a HUGE country the US is. Bands can play amazing bunches of gigs and they will still not have played in a city near you or so :blink:. Wow.

Hmmmmmmm..... maybe we really should start gig reviewing in here as the Kooks are not touring anywhere near us so far (:crybaby:)!

Haha, yes that was me. Sadly enough, they just split up and now there is only one of the lead singers/guitarists and the bassist left :crybaby: while the drummer (:das:) and the other vocalist/guitarist (:das:) have formed a new band. We'll see what happens :/

But - this is one of the moments where (when?) I notice again what a HUGE country the US is. Bands can play amazing bunches of gigs and they will still not have played in a city near you or so . Wow.

Hmmmmmmm..... maybe we really should start gig reviewing in here as the Kooks are not touring anywhere near us so far (:crybaby:)!

Oh really!!!! That sucks!

Yeah the U.S. is pretty big. We are glad that we live only an hour or so away from St. Louis because if not we would have to go to Chicago which is like 3 hours away. Usually bands skip St. Louis and go to Chicago, like Mika for instance.:naughty:

We will definitely review here as we don't really have anywhere else to besides myspace. The Kooks like really need to tour again because we miss them and that's is our reason. Paul!:wub2::wub2:

Oh really!!!! That sucks!

Yeah the U.S. is pretty big. We are glad that we live only an hour or so away from St. Louis because if not we would have to go to Chicago which is like 3 hours away. Usually bands skip St. Louis and go to Chicago, like Mika for instance.:naughty:

Oi, 3 hours is like... uhm, FAR away from here! It's like going to Amsterdam or so! and in 5 hours you are already in Paris. Usually bands ALWAYS gig Cologne or Düsseldorf (in case they come to Germany at all); I guess it's because this here is one of the more densely populated areas.

We will definitely review here as we don't really have anywhere else to besides myspace. The Kooks like really need to tour again because we miss them and that's is our reason. Paul!:wub2::wub2:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Yes, very very VERY true :crybaby:. I want a gig! I want a Kooks-gig!!!

----------------------

I sorted some files in my Megaupload-account yesterday, so if anyone is interested:

Ooh La from V (with a stage that is roughly 15km away :mad3:):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K7FTF6P5

Victoria from V Festival:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VXZPUBS0

See The Sun from V:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R9TW9IEC

Stormy Weather / Sofa Song from V Festival:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P4UQJEYU

Brighton Ooh La:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MDN3LNAY

Brighton Do You Wanna:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DKBHWG03 (no idea what quality that is; I'm too lazy to check now)

Brighton Jackie BT:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F61YQ6AX

Brighton Princess Of My Mind:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7BELPVRM

Roundhouse 1 Stormy Weather / Sofa Song:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4AL9OZLM (hatless; very :das:)

I will get out and upload some other useful ones as soon as my exam is over :cheerful_h4h:.

Edited by Petra