• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Kooks selected by Playboy as a Rock The Rabbit Artist 2009

The Kooks have been chosen by Playboy as one of their Rock The Rabbit Artists for 2009. Rock The Rabbit is a mash up of music and design, which pairs Playboy picked artists with legendary photographer Mick Rock as well as some of today's top designers.

The Kooks photo shoot with Mick will be featured in the March issue of Playboy, but visit RocktheRabbit.com to see a preview and read an interview with Luke about the session.

THE INTERVIEW

http://www.playboy.com/magazine/features/rock-the-rabbit/the-kooks/the-kooks.html

rtr_home_pic_03.jpg

The magical cover for the March edition (Is it ok if a girl buys a playboy mag.?)

PLAYBOY MAGAZINE

Formed in Brighton, England, the Kooks, led by frontman Luke Pritchard, have enjoyed an incredible rise. Their debut album, Inside In/Inside Out, reached number two on the U.K. charts and has sold more than a million copies. Last year’s follow-up, Konk, went straight in at number one. The band’s mellow, Dylan-influenced guitar rock has also won an unusually rabid following here in the U.S.—they have quietly become one of the few British acts to find a broad audience here. Maybe it has something to do with Pritchard’s taste for American music, which he says is the source of his musical inspiration. You can check out the results of the band’s shoot with Mick Rock in the March music issue. Here we chat with Pritchard about it.

PLAYBOY: You shot with Mick Rock before, right?

PRITCHARD: Yeah, it was one of our first proper shoots. We were quite uptight. And he just started grabbing our penises and asking us which one of us had the biggest cock. It was a baptism of fire. It was quite funny. He’s the man.

PLAYBOY: Did the language he used during a shoot surprise you?

PRITCHARD: “****” and “queen” and “bitch.” Even “queen bitch.” He’s a ****ing animal. It was ****ing great. We hadn’t really done anything like that before.

PLAYBOY: What makes working with Mick so great from your perspective?

PRITCHARD: We’ve worked with a lot of photographers. With most of them it’s cool but there’s no vibe. That’s what’s so cool about Mick. He’s got that presence. You don’t often get to work with people like that. This was one of the most enjoyable shoots we’ve ever done—getting into the vibe, listening to Bob Dylan, getting arty. He’s having the time of his life. He likes it as much as we do.

(They have pics with Dan instead of Pete on the site:naughty:) Are they going to wear bunny ears and everything? :naughty:

Edited by ~Ana~

(Is it ok if a girl buys a playboy mag.?)

Yes :das:. Because it's just the Playboy and not some hardcore sex-magazine and, apart from that, the person that sells it gives a **** :naughty:. I've been selling numerous of these magazines to all kinds of people (including a roughly 70yo woman who claimed it woud be for her nephew) and I so absolutely didn't care. Plus, the Playboy is supposed to have a really good literature site (no idea if that's the right word (I don't think so)). So I'm definitely going to buy it - if I find it :boxed:. It's surely either the US or the UK edition (or both?). Maybe I should ask at the station if they get it or if they can order it for me. :naughty:

Btw, is it worth ordering this?

http://www.warchild.org.uk/

Whatever he is saying:

And there is now merchandise from The Third Man - I haven't checked yet (http://www.thethirdman.co.uk). Uhm, yes.

Edited by Petra

:naughty:

Yes :das:. Because it's just the Playboy and not some hardcore sex-magazine and, apart from that, the person that sells it gives a **** :naughty:. I've been selling numerous of these magazines to all kinds of people (including a roughly 70yo woman who claimed it woud be for her nephew) and I so absolutely didn't care. Plus, the Playboy is supposed to have a really good literature site (no idea if that's the right word (I don't think so)). So I'm definitely going to buy it - if I find it :boxed:. It's surely either the US or the UK edition (or both?). Maybe I should ask at the station if they get it or if they can order it for me. :naughty:

Whatever he is saying:

And there is now merchandise from The Third Man - I haven't checked yet (http://www.thethirdman.co.uk). Uhm, yes.

LOL alrighty then I'm going to buy the mag! They sell US editions of almost all mags here, so they probably sell playboy:naughty:

I think you should order everything...why not? :bleh:

Whatever he is saying:

Not unless you care about war children. The full song is here: http://uk.myspace.com/warchildheroes

There IS a way of downloading new myspace songs, the stuff from the third man is on the 4shared thingy in mp3 format. We have to find out how...

:shocked: Is that a HUGH SINGING SOLO? :shocked:

And his backing singing is low, instead of that STUPID high pitched backing voice he normally has :cheerful_h4h:

:blink: what solo?

1234301106504_f.jpg

:wub2:

I saw the Sway video last night when I was entering my parents’s bedroom and my mother was watching E! they passed the vid as an E! clip. It was funny I was entering and heard luke singing and my mother had an odd face and she said ‘Aren’t these The Kooks? I think I’ve seen this face before’ *Luke pulling strange close-up faces*

:naughty: haha.

:naughty:

LOL alrighty then I'm going to buy the mag! They sell US editions of almost all mags here, so they probably sell playboy:naughty:

I think you should order everything...why not? :bleh:

I had a look in the shop of the station today and I browsed through the (I guess) US-edition. It was still the February issue though and I couldnt find when they will release (? what's the word?) the March issue (hence the browsing :fisch:).

Not unless you care about war children. The full song is here: http://uk.myspace.com/warchildheroes

There IS a way of downloading new myspace songs, the stuff from the third man is on the 4shared thingy in mp3 format. We have to find out how...

I don't care about children, hm. We will get it. *is determind*

:shocked: Is that a HUGH SINGING SOLO? :shocked:

And his backing singing is low, instead of that STUPID high pitched backing voice he normally has :cheerful_h4h:

It is fantastic :stretcher:. It makes the whole song extremly attractive :stretcher:. Why the heck can't these kooky Kooks just do it like the Holloways :mad3:?

I saw the Sway video last night when I was entering my parents’s bedroom and my mother was watching E! they passed the vid as an E! clip. It was funny I was entering and heard luke singing and my mother had an odd face and she said ‘Aren’t these The Kooks? I think I’ve seen this face before’ *Luke pulling strange close-up faces*

:naughty, haha.

:lmfao:!!!

1234302259392_f.jpg

:naughty: Nerd.

1234301106504_f.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub2:

1234067582360_f.jpg

Schmexy. Not. Oh well. Where is Hugh? :blink:

Oh Petra....we have something for Hugh :das:

:roftl:! Ok, I saw it before but I never properly noticed it - I was probably distracted :fisch:.

P1080095.jpg

I like this picture!!! It's good!!!!!!!!!!

P1080133.jpg

Looks like Do You Wanna :think2:. (:smth: actually)

Here is Luke playing with his hair and Paul being generally hot.

P1080146.jpg

- no comment -

(No idea what to write. You are right. Full stop.)

Here Luke is pointing towards Hugh on his keyboard at the beginning of Shine On. Oh yeah, whats-his-name (wow, complete brain blank) didn't come on and play guitar in Sydney or Melbourne. No idea where he was.

Adam Stockdale :smth:. Why did they need him on stage anyway if it works like that?

P1080167.jpg

:das:! He could play a part in Harry Potter. Argh, Cedric Diggory should've had a siamese twin, so that he & Paul could have both played the role.

Aaaaand, now they are all hideously blurry. But they are of Sofa Song, which is why they deserve posting. And also why they are hideously blurry.

:roftl: I love your way of writing.

Guess where this is? :das;

P1090605.jpg

There was a splotch on my camera lens that entire day. It pissed me off massively when I noticed it later on :sneaky2:

Ehm... a beach. :naughty: In Costa Rica! Whoop whoop!

Ana and I took a massive lot of pictures like this but I still havent found the time to look through them :crybaby:.

And I ****ing hate the 7-images limit.

kooks0564.jpg

Great picture but why is laughing obviously such hard work? :sneaky2:

kooks0529.jpg

I like the colours in that picture :wub2: and how their clothes match to them :wub2:. (Stupid reason but I like it, sorry.)

kooks0514.jpg

What the heck is she saying? I would really like to know :lmfao:.

kooks0524a.jpg

It looks awkward. Their legs are so dominant in the photo! (Which is of course not a bad thing :das:.)

kooks0546.jpg

:lmfao: Hugh reminds me of my former English teacher :lmfao:. Awwww!

kooks0493.jpg

One word: yes.

(Ok, two words: SEXY. :stretcher:)

kooks0477.jpg

Awww, Dan! The tattoo on his left arm is bigger now, right?

(This was a halloween show btw)

3003357943_84693f1442_o.jpg

I was wondering why he was wearing the carpet. Oh my.

3004194302_ebaeb9e867_o.jpg

Get blondie off stage :sneaky2:.

3003357621_6de703a623_o.jpg

Is he holding his guitar? :blink: Or is he just generally rocking around? :naughty:

3003357359_65a7dd2348_o.jpg

3004193378_d7ab3fde1a_o.jpg

:stretcher:!!!

2584812662_5bc85f3bce.jpg

This is Kid Harpoon btw. I remember other pictures where he was having Movember all year round.

2584860598_d2bd923102.jpg

I'm aware it's none of my business but I'm really wondering IF there are actually pictures where they are not drinking alcohol. This seems to be before a show (I guess) and it seems that their rider contains more than just a lot of beer. Well, none of my business. But anyway :blink:. Men. :sneaky2:

2584916976_e1e74b11d9.jpg

Why the heck is Paul never on stage with them? Why why why? Doen't he feel left out? Replaceable? Not important enough to belong to that 'core' of the Kooks? :crybaby::sneaky2:

l_4d48dd4f166e4efea03d17d48bc1876d.jpg

l_b0f4f4e327de42048e1a5bed8c792d13.jpg

l_0a843849286745aea0305f1df2bd6129.jpg

These are just fantastic pictures and I felt the need to quote them. :stretcher:

:roftl:! Ok, I saw it before but I never properly noticed it - I was probably distracted :fisch:.

HAHAHA! ME EITHER! And I do think I was sitting next to her when she wrote that :lmfao:

Looks like Do You Wanna :think2:. (:smth: actually)

Yes, I do think it is. :naughty:

Adam Stockdale :smth:. Why did they need him on stage anyway if it works like that?

Exactly what I have thought. It's just confusing and weird and he obviously just wanted to feel the fame of the Kooks or smth.

These pictures are really good! I can't describe how exactly I mean it but I hope that someone gets it :naughty:.

Yes, I agree. They are actually "bad", but they are good in an "arty" way. Although in actual fact it's obvious that the camera was zoomed in and they moved :naughty:

It looks awkward. Their legs are so dominant in the photo! (Which is of course not a bad thing :das:.)

I agree :das:

Awww, Dan! The tattoo on his left arm is bigger now, right?

Yes, I think so.

Is he holding his guitar? :blink: Or is he just generally rocking around? :naughty:

HHAHAHAHAHAHA, um, yes. I can see it. Turn the brightness on your screen up or something :naughty:

This is Kid Harpoon btw. I remember other pictures where he was having Movember all year round.

YAY! I SAID THAT! When I was looking at the pictures for the first time, I sent this one in msn and said that I thought it was Kid Harpoon :naughty: But it was an offline message, amongst 4,000 others.