This is Nat Jenkins btw; he supported the Kooks in the US. Haley, Megan - did you see him at your gig? :blink:

canalside03.jpg

was Nat there? :lmfao:Edit: I remember, with his band right?

and the War child is out today btw...

Edited by ~Ana~

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone mention the Rob Skipper? :das:

canalside04.jpg

canalside02.jpg

canalside01.jpg

This is Nat Jenkins btw; he supported the Kooks in the US. Haley, Megan - did you see him at your gig? :blink:

canalside03.jpg

Hey. No we don't remember seeing Nat :( Do you mean that he was the supporting act as in the opening band? When we saw The Kooks in St. Louis the supporting band was The Whigs, who are another favorite of ours.

Edited by Haley & Megan Meyer

was Nat there? :lmfao:Edit: I remember, with his band right?

and the War child is out today btw...

Yes, I told him we had seen him on the barge before the Holloways in the Roundhouse café, remember? :wub2:

http://www.myspace.com/natjenkins

Hey. No we don't remember seeing Nat :( Do you mean that he was the supporting act as in the opening band? When we saw The Kooks in St. Louis the supporting band was The Whigs, who are another favorite of ours.

*checks Nat's Myspace*

Seattle 21st

Portland 22nd

Saratoga 23rd

San Francisco 24th

L.A 26th

L.A Hollywood 27th.

Ah, ok. Oh well :blink:. He seems nice :smth:.

*goes to MS-check The Whigs*

Yes, I told him we had seen him on the barge before the Holloways in the Roundhouse café, remember? :wub2:

http://www.myspace.com/natjenkins

*checks Nat's Myspace*

Seattle 21st

Portland 22nd

Saratoga 23rd

San Francisco 24th

L.A 26th

L.A Hollywood 27th.

Ah, ok. Oh well :blink:. He seems nice :smth:.

*goes to MS-check The Whigs*

The Whigs are freaking awesome! Heard a few of their songs when the opened up for The Kooks and they also opened up along with We Are Scientists for the Kings Of Leon gig. We going to get to see them again in St. Louis March 14th! We're so excited. They are headlining and they are sooooooo sweet.:wub2::wub2:

In190209.jpg

Diet with the elixir of love

Ok, ugh, I'm too lazy and stupid to translate it. Well, it basically says that Luke has everything in his hands (but not in the "to have responsibilty"-way but in the.. well, somehow just holding everything :smth: - the drink and Mischa. But mainly Mischa of course.) And she has butterflies in her belly and maybe that's the reason why she has lost so much weight recently. Just because the only appetite she has is appetite for/on/whatever preposition Luke. Well. Translating totally messes up my English :sneaky2:. Well, and it freaks me out that even the gossip-magazines in this fantastic country are LATE with everything. Didn't Luke break up with Mischa shortly before she tried to make him go to the Fashion Week in Paris with him? Isnt that like.. 2 or 3 weeks ago? Oh well.

Ah damn, now I think about it - did anyone of you get the US Playboy? There was nothing in the German edition. (Did I mention I hate this country?)

Edited by Petra
stoopid language

Okay so we had a nude model today in drawing and the teacher let her play her ipod and Seaside came on. We just beamed and hummed along to it. This was totally random but just had the mention it.:naughty:

:lmfao: I'm just wondering if people knew that you were beaming because of that tune and the memories or the nude model.

Diet with the elixir of love

Ok, ugh, I'm too lazy and stupid to translate it. Well, it basically says that Luke has everything in his hands (but not in the "to have responsibilty"-way but in the.. well, somehow just holding everything :smth: - the drink and Mischa. But mainly Mischa of course.) And she has butterflies in her belly and maybe that's the reason why she has lost so much weight recently. Just because the only appetite she has is appetite for/on/whatever preposition Luke. Well. Translating totally messes up my English :sneaky2:. Well, and it freaks me out that even the gossip-magazines in this fantastic country are LATE with everything. Didn't Luke break up with Mischa shortly before she tried to make him go to the Fashion Week in Paris with him? Isnt that like.. 2 or 3 weeks ago? Oh well.

Ah damn, now I think about it - did anyone of you get the US Playboy? There was nothing in the German edition. (Did I mention I hate this country?)

Stop reading gossip magazines, Petra.

Okay so we had a nude model today in drawing and the teacher let her play her ipod and Seaside came on. We just beamed and hummed along to it. This was totally random but just had the mention it.:naughty:

Hahaha, nice :cheerful_h4h:

:lmfao: I'm just wondering if people knew that you were beaming because of that tune and the memories or the nude model.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Het informatie is van (I just assume that this is the Dutch way to say it): http://unofficialkooks.blogspot.com/2009/02/pinkpop-2009.html

donderdag 12 februari 2009

Pinkpop 2009

The Kooks zijn dit jaar aanwezig op de 40e editie van het Nederlandse Pinkpop festival. Vandaag heeft de organisatie wat meer details omtrent ticketprijzen en voorverkoop vrijgegeven.

De voorverkoop zal starten op zaterdag 7 maart 2009 om 10:00 uur. Weekend-kaarten kosten 140 euro, een dagkaart kost 75 euro. De organisatie vraagt om enkel kaarten te kopen bij officiële voorverkoopadressen.

Enkele grote namen hebben nu reeds bevestigd voor Pinkpop, waaronder Bruce Springsteen, Depeche Mode, Placebo, Franz Ferdinand en Novastar. De overige namen volgen op de traditionele persconferentie die dit jaar op 4 maart gehouden wordt.

It's actually closer than Rock am Ring I guess but I don't think that it's worth all the fricking fuss plus 75€ to see a festival performance :think2:.

And more from NME.com (not really Kooks-related): http://www.nme.com/news/club-nme-la/42917

Band compare bassist to Gerard Way

Feb 19, 2009

Mystery Jets preview new material at Club NME LA

Mystery Jets previewed new material for an adoring crowd at Club NME Los Angeles last night (February 18).

The band performed their first and only Los Angeles gig in more than a year on their way to play a handful of shows in Mexico.

"It's been a year since we've been here and it's good to be back," frontman Blaine Harrison told the crowd, which included The Charlatans' Tim Burgess, members of The Like and Elvis Costello's drummer Pete Thomas.

The London-based band focused primarily on their most recent album 'Twenty One', playing crowdpleasers including 'Half In Love With Elizabeth' and 'Hand Me Down' during their hour-long set.

The band also previewed an upbeat new track called 'Lady Grey'. "We've been touring our second album for a long time and we've been working on our third," Harrison said. "We'd like to play you a new song. It's called 'Lady Grey', like the tea."

The new song got a positive response from the crowd, who cheered and clapped along.

Later in the evening, the band pointed out bassist Kai Fish's new hairdo, which he bleached platinum blonde that very morning. "He looks like Gerard Way," quipped Harrison, comparing him to the My Chemical Romance frontman. "That's an insult," responded Fish. "You're way cooler than Gerard," Harrison reassured.

84_Mysteryjets2_L_240106.jpg

Mystery Jets played:

'Hideaway'

'Half In Love With Elizabeth'

'The Boy Who Ran Away'

'Young Love'

'Flakes'

'Hand Me Down'

'Lady Grey'

'First To Know'

'Alas Agnes'

'Two Doors Down'

'Behind The Bunhouse'

--By our Los Angeles staff.

Find out more about NME.

Edited by Petra

i like the kooks they're pretty good =) my aunty likes them and she went to one of their concerts a few years ago . she said they were really good live .

*edit: ****ing fantastic, brilliant, awesome, amazing, perfect live. :cheerful_h4h:

:cheerful_h4h: :

What is an annotation anyway? I don't understand Youtube anymore :crybaby:.

Edited by Petra

kooks_0021.jpg

That's the first thing I saw when I opened the page and I more or less directly fainted :stretcher:. Wow!!!

The%20Kooks%2013%20L.Blue(2).jpg

Watch out! Paul is nicking something :blink:

3235348534_34fda50af2.jpg

He should really stop wearing these things :smth:

2689116107_9ea0a80f8c.jpg

Hahaha! I first thought that was a photoshop! Luke seems so tiny!