Could you please all go and do me the favour to watch these videos? It's not because I want the viewer rates to increase; it's simply because I think that they are really fantastic. I took them while I was still an ignorant ****ing twat (sorry) that didnt know the Kooks well enough to entirely appreciate a freaking CD release party in a 300 people church (!) in Cologne. I filmed, I didnt even know the song names, I didnt have Konk and I was standing right in front of Dan that was standing right in front of Paul (whom I didnt see at all). I didnt bother about that at that time though because I simply didnt know them (:bl ink:). I just stumbled over these videos and... uhm, watch them.

Eddie's Gun:

See The World:

Ooh La:

Some bad quality Sofa Song:

(or this http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=2B08AB01D4869310 )

God, it's actually hilaríous when I think about it now. It seemed the whole time as if Luke was planning to jump into the audience and I was very :bli nk: when he finally did. This was, after Mika and a BAD Robbie Williams-gig, the very first proper concert of a band and... I had no idea what to expect. Like going to the Kaiser chiefs and not knowing that Ricky actually DOES crowdsurf.

There is a video (some tour footage) with a lot of this Cologne-gig somewhere on Youtube.

There was this unbelievably huge security guy that looked as if his favourite football club had just lost a very important game; he also told me during Ooh La to stop filming (:fis ch: ). Damn. Anyway. There was this stupid girl that crowdsurfed and he took her from the audience (if that's the proper way of saying it) and he had one of his legs between these things on the other site of the barricade and he couldnt catch her properly and then twisted his leg in an ugly way. He was literally crying. God, that must have hurt like hell. Well, it just came up my mind.

Haha, and after the gig the band came out of the church and a bunch of girls were waiting and someone was shouting "LUKE!!!" and he really came over before getting in the car and took a few pictures and ignorant, ****ing twatty me only thought that this guy (was his name Luke Pritchard? He was at least that lead-singer-guy.) should better try not to look so retarded. I feel bad for that. Or was I just being objective while I'm now a fangirl? :bl ink: (Luke :wub 2: ) Anyway, I was standing like 2m away from him then but all I could do was think that. Hm.

Oh, and I'm still writing the (fricking boring btw) review of meeting Hugh :sm th:.

And now I shall go and watch Twilight in my bed :cheerful _h4h:. Because only Robert Pattinson is hotter than this band (Ok, uhm, no idea. They are equally hot. :na ughty: ).

ok, I'll watch the videos after I type this :D

oh I think I know how you feel...when I went to my first (and so far only) kooks gig..I was so excited! so when we were going to the gig, I was still super excited, and I forgot to bring my camera :no::doh: I had to use this horrible cell phone camera (which wasn't even mine...and well the pictures were really small...I don't know how to get them off still!) and I was even in the 2nd row too...but after we could also go up and meet them. so when I went up (being like 2 feet from their faces!! luke and hugh....!! :wub2:) I tried to take a picture but my hands were too shaky....and I could take another one cause the line behind me was pushing me forward haha....and then later on looking back through the pictures I realized that I didn't even save the 'picture' that I took in front of their faces! ugh. but! I did find some pictures of them on the kooks forum from the same day I saw them!

well...at least there are still memories:wub2:

(and future gigs!! hopefully..)

oooooh twilight :biggrin2: Rpattz!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha awesome :biggrin2

who will it be?

Yes, who and how?

I have very unsuccessfully been trying to convert my friend for about a year now. She really quite adamently HATES the Kooks. but then she will say things like "oh, I like your profile song" or things like that, and I KNOW she likes that kind of music, I know she likes the sound of Luke's voice, I know she likes their acoustic style, and she is letting some ridiculous prejudice she has for them get in the way of a fangirlship that is just meant to be :tears :no

Psshhht, it didn't work because I couldn't see her yesterday :smth: but I know it will work!!! because I'm giving her the special edition of KONK and IIIO as a present plus some cd copies of The Holloways and other brilliant selection of music, plus she trusts my taste...it worked with Mika.

But I would like to mention that a week ago my brother went to pick me up after work and he was playing his ipod and so I said it was my turn to play my ipod and I accidentally played The Kooks and I'm proud to say my brother was moving his fingers (like playing the drums kind of way) to the beat of the songs He obviously liked them! and then getting home I went to open our house gate and left my ipod playing in his car just so that he could disconnect the ipod and accidentally see who was the band playing those incredibly wonderful songs but the thing with my brother is that he rarely admits he likes some singer/band I discovered first. but I know he likes The Kaiser chiefs though he said he only knows one song...and so on sunday we went to a trip and while on the motorway I told him I would play another song from the kaiser chiefs apart from 'Ruby' and played 'I predict a riot' and he liked it!! yeeeeaah! hahah though I felt like Rosalie from Twilight because his girlfriend was also there and she doesn't particularly like my music a lot...(the good version of Rosalie)...:naughty: and also my neighbour! she's so great! She's been asking me for a long time now to burn her all my music, she does like the kooks! the other day she was singing 'Always where' :wub2: I still haven't (given gave) her anything...:boxed: *hides*

I don't know how it has worked with my friends, I have just played my music or talked about them and it works! my neighbour says she likes my happy music and the others just trust me, which is fantastic!

I have liked The Kooks for about a year now and I finally got round to ordering their albums (the 2CD edition of Konk). I'm slow like that. :naughty Woo, I can't wait till they arrive! :wub2 :punk

:naughty: great!

Could you please all go and do me the favour to watch these videos? It's not because I want the viewer rates to increase; it's simply because I think that they are really fantastic. I took them while I was still an ignorant ****ing twat (sorry) that didnt know the Kooks well enough to entirely appreciate a freaking CD release party in a 300 people church (!) in Cologne. I filmed, I didnt even know the song names, I didnt have Konk and I was standing right in front of Dan that was standing right in front of Paul (whom I didnt see at all). I didnt bother about that at that time though because I simply didnt know them (:blink). I just stumbled over these videos and... uhm, watch them.

Eddie's Gun:

See The World:

Ooh La:

Some bad quality Sofa Song:

(or this http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=2B08AB01D4869310 )

And now I shall go and watch Twilight in my bed :cheerful_h4h. Because only Robert Pattinson is hotter than this band (Ok, uhm, no idea. They are equally hot. :naughty: ).

Done. :wub2: have I mentioned that you're the best cameragirl ever?

Hmmm! robert pattinson. the question is, Is Robert Pattinson hotter than Edward Cullen? (and I'm not talking about their skin temperature)

Edited by ~Ana~

Oooh, yeah, I did get one friend into them just by burning her the CDs. And then a few weeks ago I was at her house and her boyfriend connected his ipod to the tv to play through it and he had Come On Over on there. It made me extremely happy. I managed to make her like them so much that it rubbed off on him enough to download even their bsides.

But this other friend :mad3: Gosh! She refuses to like them! I gave her ONE Holloways song and she is practically a Holloways fangirl and begging me to burn their CD for her (which I keep forgetting to do :fisch:). We already have practically the same taste in music, and love all of each other's recommendations, BUT OMG WHY DOES SHE REFUSE TO LIKE THE KOOKS?

Oooh, yeah, I did get one friend into them just by burning her the CDs. And then a few weeks ago I was at her house and her boyfriend connected his ipod to the tv to play through it and he had Come On Over on there. It made me extremely happy. I managed to make her like them so much that it rubbed off on him enough to download even their bsides.

But this other friend :mad3: Gosh! She refuses to like them! I gave her ONE Holloways song and she is practically a Holloways fangirl and begging me to burn their CD for her (which I keep forgetting to do :fisch:). We already have practically the same taste in music, and love all of each other's recommendations, BUT OMG WHY DOES SHE REFUSE TO LIKE THE KOOKS?

hahaha

how can that be?! well, i guess it's the same with my neighbour, she only likes 'relax' but doesn't like the rest of the songs from mika. and this other friend who came over for spring break, now says she likes mika, she has always loved his songs...but when I first 'met' him she wouldn't care about him. :sneaky2:

Psshhht, it didn't work because I couldn't see her yesterday :smth: but I know it will work!!! because I'm giving her the special edition of KONK and IIIO as a present plus some cd copies of The Holloways and other brilliant selection of music, plus she trusts my taste...it worked with Mika.

Hmmm! robert pattinson. the question is, Is Robert Pattinson hotter than Edward Cullen? (and I'm not talking about their skin temperature)

well I'm sure it will work!!:punk:

sounds like a great plan!

and good question!:naughty:

But this other friend :ma d3: Gosh! She refuses to like them! I gave her ONE Holloways song and she is practically a Holloways fangirl and begging me to burn their CD for her (which I keep forgetting to do :fis ch: ). We already have practically the same taste in music, and love all of each other's recommendations, BUT OMG WHY DOES SHE REFUSE TO LIKE THE KOOKS?

hmmm thats weird..! :blink:

shes missing out on some awesome music:naughty::wub2:

Okay so here is another random thing, since we always tend to put random things out of nowhere on here.

So we were showing our mother our concert photos and she was like are these the guys that sing do do do do (like in always where I need to be) and we were like no these are The Whigs who you are thinking about are The Kooks. She is in love with that song and is kind of addicted to their Jay Leno performance of the song (us too actually). She was like, next time they come I'm going with you. We laughed and wished so much that they were coming to the states again. Paul:wub2::wub2:

Come On Down? :naughty:

(I wanted to MQ but I dont have time; I'll do it later.)

(Sorry.)

(Ana, I miss you. Life sucks.)

I'm a bit confused. Instead of studying properly, I finally ended up watching my Stormy Weather / Sofa Song video from Brighton and then I thought that I could upload it and bump this thread here. So I renamed the file, went to megaupload, came back 30min later and the file was uploaded (:blink:) although it's 280MB big. Anyway, the file suddenly had its old name and a different description, so MAYBE I already did upload it there before and just forgot about it :blink:. So after all I also can't remember if I posted it here (if I did then sorry):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=52HJK4WB

(it's this one:

)

I sorted some files in my Megaupload-account yesterday, so if anyone is interested:

Ooh La from V (with a stage that is roughly 15km away :mad3:):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K7FTF6P5

Victoria from V Festival:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VXZPUBS0

See The Sun from V:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R9TW9IEC

Stormy Weather / Sofa Song from V Festival:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P4UQJEYU

Brighton Ooh La:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MDN3LNAY

Brighton Do You Wanna:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DKBHWG03 (no idea what quality that is; I'm too lazy to check now)

Brighton Jackie BT:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F61YQ6AX

Brighton Princess Of My Mind:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7BELPVRM

Roundhouse 1 Stormy Weather / Sofa Song:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4AL9OZLM (hatless; very :das:)

This video here is from the second London Roundhouse date (2/12/08)with Matchbox, Eddie's Gun, Ooh La and Sway and A LOT of ceiling. (I'm sorry for the ceiling but I just held the camera in front of me :blink:. And as Hugh was standing right in front of Ana and me, too, he has a lot of screen-time as well (which is basically not a bad thing but I wished I had filmed a bit more of Luke and Paul :crybaby:)). And the second part with Time Awaits, One Last Time and She Moves is here.

Edited by Petra

Where is everyone? :blink:

The Kooks just blogwhored on Myspace - there is a video with an interview from Rockville CA here:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=54196389

The blog is here: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=11310525&blogId=478519570

And I just stumbled over some pictures that were already posted but anyway :naughty:

1792959580a9823266028l.jpg

1792959580a8414127969l.jpg

1792959580a7877643680l.jpg

1792959580a7877643654l.jpg

1792959580a7877643624l.jpg

Edited by Petra

Where are you? Are you all dead? Am I the only lonely Kooks-fan left?

In that case I'm just going to go on posting :crybaby: to feel less alone :sneaky2:.

RH2STW1.jpg

RH2YDLM1.jpg

RH2YDLM2.jpg

Where areeeeeeeeeeeeeeee youuuu aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllll???????????? :crybaby:

Edited by Petra

Where are you? Are you all dead? Am I the only lonely Kooks-fan left?

In that case I'm just going to go on posting :cryb aby: to feel less alone :sne aky2:.

Where areeeeeeeeeeeeeeee youuuu aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllll???????????? :cry baby:

I'm here too! :naughty::biggrin2:

Ooooold, I know

1792959580a1821344762b64220677l.jpg

I love the older photos:wub2:

I have been listening to The Kooks A LOT lately, so this is a bit disturbing and embarrassing to ask... But I'm going to ask you all for a favor anyway. See, I'm not really in love with these guys like I'm in love with Mika. Well, I'm not really in love with Mika either but you get the point, right? :naughty: But I'm not so interesting in knowing about these guys' personal lives. It would be nice to know their names though, and who is who. :shocked: I know Luke is the singer, but what about the others? Could you perhaps post a separate picture of every band member and what their roles in the band are? Have they replaced one member of the band lately? The bassist maybe? I HAVE read this thread a year ago and again last week, but I haven't been able to give my undivided attention to it. So... enlighten me please. :blush-anim-cl:

I have been listening to The Kooks A LOT lately, so this is a bit disturbing and embarrassing to ask... But I'm going to ask you all for a favor anyway. See, I'm not really in love with these guys like I'm in love with Mika. Well, I'm not really in love with Mika either but you get the point, right? :naughty: But I'm not so interesting in knowing about these guys' personal lives. It would be nice to know their names though, and who is who. :shocked: I know Luke is the singer, but what about the others? Could you perhaps post a separate picture of every band member and what their roles in the band are? Have they replaced one member of the band lately? The bassist maybe? I HAVE read this thread a year ago and again last week, but I haven't been able to give my undivided attention to it. So... enlighten me please. :blush-anim-cl:

Haha, no worries! It took me quite a while to learn their names, too.

Ok, so this is Luke Pritchard, the vocalist, rhythm guitarist and main songwriter (and one of the most lovely persons EVER) - he likes walks in the park, wearing girls' skinny jeans and has just recently split up with Mischa I-can't-act Barton:

1-a0d3b1e5bd88dc8d.jpg

1234301106504_f.jpg

FallsMusicArtsFestival2008Day20P6FW.jpg

FallsMusicArtsFestival2008Day2EwOts.jpg

And if The Kooks are doing acoustic shows, the usual line up is Luke and Hugh:

1223991976_kooks3.jpg

Hugh Harris is the lead guitarist, backing vocalist and is, uhm, :das: (IMO) (ok, Luke is :das:, too but I just thought I'd emphasize the :das:ness here)

1218909235_dsc_0183.jpg

Hugh usually wears this stupid hat which he so shouldnt wear :sneaky2:

3024134146_70daec90a9.jpg

BandsPerforming2008VFestivalDay2PhZ.jpg

Hatless and thus very :das::

kooks0493653.jpg

Hugh and Luke:

2689116107_9ea0a80f8c.jpg

Then there is Paul Garred (generally hot drummer) who isn't as lucky as Hugh & Luke and does not have natural curls which means that he has to use a curling iron :fisch::

tegan5.jpg

Paul is a bloody fantastic drummer and he lives each and every song during the performance :cheerful_h4h::

5d0f91d7.jpg

And you can be sure that he looks brilliant and excited in your photo:

274013625_l.jpg

4856.jpg

n1252170691_30159959_8799.jpg

But after all he is a MOST lovely, cheerful and fantastically beautiful young lad:

tegan3.jpg

nonteg-1.jpg

This is the very original line up - from left to right we have Hugh Harris, Max Rafferty (former bassist and now lead vocalist and guitarist of The Third Man (http://www.thethirdman.co.uk)), Luke Pritchard & Paul Garred:

When Max went away, he was replaced by a guy named Peter (Pete) Denton, then Max came back, recorded Konk with the rest but then he went away for good and was replaced by Daniel (Dan) Logan:

2875331263_bc415ce268.jpg

BandsPerforming2008VFestivalDay2FNa.jpg

Paul & Dan:

n776412179_1142070_9162.jpg

But then Dan was replaced by Pete again in November:

ShockwavesNMEAwards2009InsideArriva.jpg

And this young man is Nicolas (Nick) Millard who replaced Paul on drums when Paul screwed up his arm earlier last year:

BandsPerforming2008VFestivalDay2Kpd.jpg

This is the very original line up - from left to right we have Hugh Harris, Max Rafferty (former bassist and now lead vocalist and guitarist of The Third Man (http://www.thethirdman.co.uk)), Luke Pritchard & Paul Garred:

When Max went away, he was replaced by a guy named Peter (Pete) Denton, then Max came back, recorded Konk with the rest but then he went away for good and was replaced by Daniel (Dan) Logan:

2875331263_bc415ce268.jpg

BandsPerforming2008VFestivalDay2FNa.jpg

Paul & Dan:

n776412179_1142070_9162.jpg

But then Dan was replaced by Pete again in November:

ShockwavesNMEAwards2009InsideArriva.jpg

And this young man is Nicolas (Nick) Millard who replaced Paul on drums when Paul screwed up his arm earlier last year:

BandsPerforming2008VFestivalDay2Kpd.jpg

Yeah we have only seen The Kooks once :thumbdown: and it was in October of last year so Paul wasn't on drums (ha, got to see him drum in soundcheck though) and they had just made their change from Dan to Pete.