This is the very original line up - from left to right we have Hugh Harris, Max Rafferty (former bassist and now lead vocalist and guitarist of The Third Man (http://www.thethirdman.co.uk)), Luke Pritchard & Paul Garred:

1792959580a1821344762b64220677l.jpg

When Max went away, he was replaced by a guy named Peter (Pete) Denton, then Max came back, recorded Konk with the rest but then he went away for good and was replaced by Daniel (Dan) Logan:

BandsPerforming2008VFestivalDay2FNa.jpg

Paul & Dan:

n776412179_1142070_9162.jpg

max, dan!!!!:wub2::wub2: paul, lukeee, hugh!!:wub2:

:naughty:

I need a kooks concert too...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And now test yourselves - who is who? :cheerful_h4h:

1aClipboard012.jpg

Luke, Paul, Pete, Hugh. :naughty:

Thank you, that was such a nice introduction! :thumb_yello:

I think I remember their names and roles now. :naughty: Such pretty boys... :wub2:

And how old are they?

Edited by Marianne84

Yeah we have only seen The Kooks once :thumbdown: and it was in October of last year so Paul wasn't on drums (ha, got to see him drum in soundcheck though) and they had just made their change from Dan to Pete.

Gaaah, I'm sorry! But they'll come back! And they'll release another album soon! (Hopefully.) God, we all need to meet up and go to a gigonathon :crybaby:!!!!!!!

I need a kooks concert too...

*seconds*

Luke, Paul, Pete, Hugh. :naughty:

:thumb_yello::naughty:

I think I remember their names and roles now. :naughty:Such pretty boys... :wub2:

Yes! :crybaby:!! How the heck does the UK do that? The Kooks, Robert Pattinson,... :crybaby:

And how old are they?

It's legal :das:

(Luke just turned 24 (2 March 1985), Hugh is 22 (19 July 1987) and Paul is still 23 (23 May 1985))

(I hope I calculated it correctly.)

(I'm old. I'm frustrated. :crybaby:)

Gaaah, I'm sorry! But they'll come back! And they'll release another album soon! (Hopefully.) God, we all need to meet up and go to a gigonathon :crybaby:!!!!!!!

*seconds*

:thumb_yello::naughty:

That would be so awesome if we could all go to a gig and meet up. How fun.:punk:

Yes! !! How the heck does the UK do that? The Kooks, Robert Pattinson,...

It's legal :das:

(Luke just turned 24 (2 March 1985), Hugh is 22 (19 July 1987) and Paul is still 23 (23 May 1985))

(I hope I calculated it correctly.)

(I'm old. I'm frustrated. :crybaby:)

We're like stuck in the middle with their ages. Love how our birthday is July 20 1986 so Hugh and us are the same age for a day.:naughty:

I'm a bit older than them - I turned 24 on the 12th of November. Luke is my age now. :naughty:

Rufio from now-buried-Palladium is exactly three days younger than Paul. I wonder if Paul is THE band member Rufio went to school with?

PalladiumLondonPaper240707.jpg

Ok, I'll just copy and paste the mail :naughty:

The Kooks are playing an intimate gig in Leamington Spa...

On Thursday 23rd April you can catch the band playing at The Assembly and we are offering you lucky fans the opportunity to purchase tickets 24hrs in advance of them going on sale.

I'm a bit older than them - I turned 24 on the 12th of November. Luke is my age now. :naughty:

Rufio from now-buried-Palladium is exactly three days younger than Paul. I wonder if Paul is THE band member Rufio went to school with?

PalladiumLondonPaper240707.jpg

Fez attracts Mika fans :roftl:. :naughty:

Where are Palladium from? Are / were they Brighton-based? (like most good bands :wub2:)

Btw, I have homework for everyone here! :naughty: Go and listen to Which Bitch? from The View. It's ****ING amazing :shocked:.

Great explanation Petra!!! like omg!!!:naughty:

when is the gigathlon going to happen?!

the kooks really should go to the US.

British blokes are sooo attractive!!

and...I made it!! 2 persons like the kooks. haha.

Great explanation Petra!!! like omg!!!:naughty:

when is the gigathlon going to happen?!

the kooks really should go to the US.

British blokes are sooo attractive!!

and...I made it!! 2 persons like the kooks. haha.

I agree!! :punk:

and I agree again..they are attractive:wub2::naughty:

oh cool! :yay:congrats:biggrin2:

:mad3: :mad3: The upload of my third Roundhouse part screwed up again. It has already screwed up 4 damn times in the last few days and always after roughly 5 hours of uploading. It so so so sucks. :crybaby::mad3:!!!

09130_123843_lukekooksAW261108.jpg

Edited by Petra

Fez attracts Mika fans :roftl:. :naughty:

Where are Palladium from? Are / were they Brighton-based? (like most good bands :wub2:)

Yeah, he does. :das: He IS Mika after all. :mf_rosetinted: At least his mega fan!

They're London based. Peter and Fez formed a new band recently, called Strongback. And you know what? They asked me to do some cartoons for them! :naughty: And I did. I'm waiting for them to set up a new MySpace page and arrange gigs so I can go to London to see them. :punk:

It just came up my mind that Palladium supported the Kooks last year in the UK. Ok, I know people know that and.. well, it just came up my mind again while randomly thinking about the Kooks :cheerful_h4h:. Aww, the Holloways :cheerful_h4h:.

Oh, and there are two new huge pictures on the Astralwerks-site (just the CD covers though): http://www.astralwerks.com/press/the_kooks.html

This video here is from the second London Roundhouse date (2/12/08)with Matchbox, Eddie's Gun, Ooh La and Sway and A LOT of ceiling. (I'm sorry for the ceiling but I just held the camera in front of me :blink:. And as Hugh was standing right in front of Ana and me, too, he has a lot of screen-time as well (which is basically not a bad thing but I wished I had filmed a bit more of Luke and Paul :crybaby:)). And the second part with Time Awaits, One Last Time and She Moves is here.

Part 3 is constantly screwing up but I'll do my best to upload it soon :boxed:.

This is part 7 of the 2nd Roundhouse date with Stormy Weather & Sofa Song :woot_jump:.

Some parts are relatively entertaining.

The Kooks

The Morning Benders

Chicago, IL June 2nd

by Chris Catania

With a moniker like The Morning Benders, I should have known that their more pop friendly songs might not be as good as their "darker" songs, as lead singer Chris Chu called them. But it was the San Francisco quartet’s "darker" deviations that made me forget that they were the opening band when they slipped on a murky cloak of spaced-out psychedelic rock, and finished the set with Chu ripping a page out of Karen O's book and hot-gluing it to an exuberant crowd sing-along chorus, using rock's favorite word to yell during a refrain of "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah."

Then the curtain rose to the swaggering surf rock of Link Wray's "Rumble." The Kooks strutted out and then charged into the punchy single "Always Where I Want To Be," from their latest album Konk. Frontman Luke Pritchard poured on the lovable attitude with each passing song, hitching and jerking and thrusting to the jagged chords of Hugh Harris on guitar.

During the 45-minute show, it was startling to see how much Britpop's canon (from the Kinks to Coldplay), UK punk, pop, or even glam-rock has inspired other Britpop indie-rock bands like the Kooks, which makes it just as fun to watch as it is to listen to. As the melting pot of influences poured out, it showed the Kooks' admiration in different ways. Was that Johnny Rotten or Billy Idol, a bit of Bowie? Was that a Coldplay ballad seeping out or an Oasis subversive snarl?

Pritchard's mop of curly locks flailed to the rapid rhythms as the space barrier between the stage and the first row became a moat of salivation pouring from the mouths of screaming female fans armed with flashing cell phones, fighting for that perfect shot to show their friends during class the next morning.

Halfway through, as the Vic Theatre filled up with pulsing sexual energy, the climax came during the sexually-charged provocation "Do You Wanna." With a pumping fist and thick British accent, Pritchard led the crowd straight through, chanting the rousing chorus "Do you wanna make love to me?!" until the walls of the Vic dripped a strange kind of sour lust.

But although the sexual strutting was entertaining, it was too much. And it wasn't what I expected at all. There are some pretty good Kooks songs — and they did play most of them in some form or another — but unfortunately, those would-be intimate solo acoustic moments never really blossomed and felt insincere when spliced in-between all the overdone up-tempo rhythmic shagging. Maybe the disconnect happened because the Kooks were playing only their second show with a new drummer and were still getting used to a new bassist since their first album?

Either way, even though those pedal-to-the-floor moments did get my head bobbing and satisfied most of the crowd, it's in those very same moments that what I most enjoyed about the Kooks on-album — clever kooky songwriting and lyrical sincerity — was sacrificed and lost among the fog of summertime's-finally-here pheromones.

Not sure if we had all of these:

00008869_kooks200.jpg

08425_133204_Kooks_PW.jpg

133096161603_0_ALB.jpg

171896161603_0_BG.jpg

220876161603_0_BG.jpg

228117161603_0_BG.jpg

279966161603_0_BG.jpg